The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #151
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
If being gay is not a choice bisexuals can not exist.
homosexuals try to claim their struggle for "equality" is like black people's struggles for equality ..... I've not heard one person ever claim that they "use to be black"

even this Jason Collins guy used to sleep with women... he used to be attracted to women.

and Andrew Dice Clay summed it up perfectly about "bisexuality"..... either you suck dick or you do not suck dick
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #152
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
This has got to be pretty weird for twin brother Jarron. Not sure how I'd react if I was a celebrity with a twin and people thought I was the gay famous one.
I would have sex with chicks left and right. I'm sure they would jump at the chance to get me to switch back to the other side.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #153
Bacchus

I admitted I was gay. Then I decided that I was just extremely happy.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #154
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Total Crap. Jackie Robinson was called ****er right on the field. he got Real Death Threats. he endured Real Total racist crap that No Man should have to have endured. But he did it.
Now heres a "man' that 'came out'. Woo hoo how hard it is to come out with all the media on your side.
Lemme see. tim Tebow is an Idiot 'cause he is a christian. but Jason Collins is a hero for being himself.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #155
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
That doesnt make any sense
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #156
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Obviously being gay is choice. I mean who wouldn't want to ostracized by others. They're all attention seeking whores I say.

Or maybe the answer is not as black and white as you so put it. Sexuality is a complicated issue. Just because there are people who are attracted to one specific gender, or both, doesn't mean that choice is involved.

I think someone stated it eloquently before that it's similar to being left handed versus being right handed. Or in your scenario, that person would be ambidextrous.

Last edited by Xenos; 05-04-2013 at 12:06 PM..
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #157
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Total Crap. Jackie Robinson was called ****er right on the field. he got Real Death Threats. he endured Real Total racist crap that No Man should have to have endured. But he did it.
Now heres a "man' that 'came out'. Woo hoo how hard it is to come out with all the media on your side.
Lemme see. tim Tebow is an Idiot 'cause he is a christian. but Jason Collins is a hero for being himself.
I think it speaks more to the times. We're fortunately a little bit more progressive than we were during Robinson's time, which is why Collins can do something like this now. If it was a decade ago, then I have the feeling that things wouldn't be as different.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #158
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Tim Tebow is an idiot cause he's an idiot,nothing to do with faith,!90+% of the NFL is Christian probably.
It's not the media but possible treatment/mistreatment in a locker room or amongst fans. I would imagine being called a f-aggo-t can be just as hurtful as ****er.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #159
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
homosexuals try to claim their struggle for "equality" is like black people's struggles for equality ..... I've not heard one person ever claim that they "use to be black"

even this Jason Collins guy used to sleep with women... he used to be attracted to women.

and Andrew Dice Clay summed it up perfectly about "bisexuality"..... either you suck dick or you do not suck dick
So if gay people get married, they'll become straight?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #160
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Obviously being gay is choice. I mean who wouldn't want to ostracized by others. They're all attention seeking whores I say.

Or maybe the answer is not as black and white as you so put it. Sexuality is a complicated issue. Just because there are people who are attracted to one specific gender, or both, doesn't mean that choice is involved.

I think someone stated it eloquently before that it's similar to being left handed versus being right handed. Or in your scenario, that person would be ambidextrous.
You seem like a reasonably bright guy. But think about what being born gay will actually mean in a few generations.

If it is genetic-(I am dubious)
  • Then at some point couples will get to decide whether or not to terminate their gay babies.

The gay population will explode and then drop to very low levels as a lethal gene removes itself from the population

People want it to be out of their control so they don't have to defend their actions to others.

Last edited by rugbythug; 05-04-2013 at 02:22 PM..
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #161
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Tim Tebow is an idiot cause he's an idiot,nothing to do with faith,!90+% of the NFL is Christian probably.
It's not the media but possible treatment/mistreatment in a locker room or amongst fans. I would imagine being called a f-aggo-t can be just as hurtful as ****er.
Or is he an Idiot because he does not value what you do? Are all people idiots who don't agree with you? What does that say about you?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #162
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't believe it to be choice,I have yet to meet any gay person that turned 18 & all of the sudden decided to be gay. All the friends I have that are gay say they've been gay for as long as they can remember.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #163
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Or is he an Idiot because he does not value what you do? Are all people idiots who don't agree with you? What does that say about you?
I don't agree with any of elways politics but I believe him to be a very intelligent person.

Don't put words in my mouth, just cause I disagree with someone doesn't mean they're an idiot.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #164
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You seem like a reasonably bright guy. But think about what being born gay will actually mean in a few generations.

• Then at some point couples will get to decide whether or not to terminate their gay babies.

The gay population will explode and then drop to very low levels as a lethal gene removes itself from the population

People want it to be out of their control so they don't have to defend their actions to others.
The only ones who would probably contemplate that would be the hardcore religious fundamentalist. And then that would be an interesting scenario. If you were strict Christian, for example, would abortion then be okay?
Most normal people in a few generations wouldn't care in my opinion.

As for the second point, I wouldn't know if this would turn out true or not. Maybe being gay is nature's or God's or whatever's way of keeping the world population from overcrowding.

Last edited by Xenos; 05-04-2013 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #165
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
By definition, all sex that isn't rape is a choice. Your logic is not sound.

(I'm not a Christian, and don't have any issues with homosexual sex. I'm just pointing out your logical inconsistency.)
As others have mentioned, I'm not talking about the act of sex itself. I'm talking about the orientation. For example, it would be wrong of me to condemn you for being straight because of some stupid religious reasons.

As a Christian, I feel that religion can be a wonderful tool to help people. Much like Christ intended it to be. But just like any tool, it can be corrupted and used to hurt others because of a general lack of understanding.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #166
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Most people do not feel the need to defend their actions to others. Its the nice thing about being an adult.

I dont know if being gay is specifically genetic. It could have a genetic component, where the genes are affected by hormones at certain stages of embryonic development.

I do know this. I never made the conscious choice to be attracted to men. Never had that..."Hey. Penis. It looks like fun" and then decided to try it. It does not work that way.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #167
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Tebow would be better off saying he is gay then that he loves god and is religious. The media scorches Tebow but if you suck some dick they love you.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #168
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Being gay is not genetic. That is ridiculous. That would be the same as saying being a criminal is genetic, or being a rapist is genetic, or being a great person is genetic. No! things like that are environmental and social brought on by how you grow up and personal experiences. That doesn't make being gay something society should worry about though. No way any significant portion of us ever will be homosexual. Why? Because that sort of genetic defect could lead to diminshing births which runs counter to a species survival. Also if it is genetic, which I don't believe it is, then its a genetic defect. Being color blind is genetic also but it doesn't mean its normal to be colorblind. That would only mean that a certain % of genetic defects are normal in a species do to nature not always working 100%
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #169
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Being gay is not genetic. That is ridiculous. That would be the same as saying being a criminal is genetic, or being a rapist is genetic, or being a great person is genetic. No! things like that are environmental and social brought on by how you grow up and personal experiences. That doesn't make being gay something society should worry about though. No way any significant portion of us ever will be homosexual. Why? Because that sort of genetic defect could lead to diminshing births which runs counter to a species survival. Also if it is genetic, which I don't believe it is, then its a genetic defect. Being color blind is genetic also but it doesn't mean its normal to be colorblind. That would only mean that a certain % of genetic defects are normal in a species do to nature not always working 100%
Um sexual orientation is not a choice or an act, unlike raping a person
You have to actually rape someone to be a rapist, you dont have to butt bone someone to become gay
You either are gay or you are not

Humans are not living under Darwinism; we don't have to worry about the elderly and the sick getting eating by a top predator
It doesnt matter if some in our population do not reproduce
We are not in nature, we change nature to suite us

Thus the idea that "oh no its not natural" doesnt matter anymore
Humans are not in any immediate danger of extinction

Last edited by Br0nc0Buster; 05-04-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #170
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
listening to you talk is like watching the animals in the zoo
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #171
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
listening to you talk is like watching the animals in the zoo
People love to watch animals in the zoo. Thanks brother thats a great compliment.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #172
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
You have to actually rape someone to be a rapist, you dont have to butt bone someone to become gay

Humans are not living under Darwinism; we don't have to worry about the elderly and the sick getting eating by a top predator

You could have the rape gene but also not act on it under your theory. Sorry but everything in life is a choice when it comes to your behavoir. Sexual preference is a choice and its our environment and personal experiences that make someone gay or that make someone a rapist.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #173
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post

I agree with everything you said. But I want to add that even in nature, there are gay animals. So it is actually natural
Old 05-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #174
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
You could have the rape gene but also not act on it under your theory. Sorry but everything in life is a choice when it comes to your behavoir. Sexual preference is a choice and its our environment and personal experiences that make someone gay or that make someone a rapist.
Having sex with someone, whether it be a man or a woman, is a choice

The idea that you choose to be attracted to a certain gender is ridiculous
Sexual orientation again is not an act, which is why you cant compare it to actually conscious acts like rape and crime

There is no such thing as a rape gene
No one is born with the inability to control their own actions

Sexual orientation is as much of a choice as the color of one's skin
Maybe you had to debate and think about whether or not you would like girls or guys, but the "choice" for most of us was already established in our brains from the day we were born

I didnt have to decide anything, and Im sure if you polled straight people the huge majority would say the same thing
There might be some like you though that werent sure and had to think about it for a while

Last edited by Br0nc0Buster; 05-04-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #175
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I agree with everything you said. But I want to add that even in nature, there are gay animals. So it is actually natural
Oh I know that
That is probably the strongest argument against the idea that it is a conscious choice

But I was just meaning "natural" doesnt mean anything to humans anymore because we dont live in nature
Well most of us dont anyway
I dont have to worry about getting eating by a lion if I sprain my ankle on my way to work