The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #201
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
They were different. I assume your point is that they were exactly, equally horrible. But assuming that to be the case, they were different. And watching a game with one or the other at the helm was a different experience.

As some have shared, watching Tebow was less enjoyable for some than watching Orton. For me it was more enjoyable watching Tebow out there on most days.

I tried watching some Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, last year. It was drudgery.
It doesn't matter what type of QB they are and how different they can be. It's the same result that you get out of them. Suckage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #202
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

I am amazed that anyone wanted to watch that total suckage of Kyle Orton as a Denver Bronco. That guy ****ing sucked ass. You are a ****ing clown for supporting that ****ing trash.

The Tebow? Enjoyed watching him come in at the end of the season, and was able to finally again come in and play the following season and helped lead the team to the playoffs. Fun season.

But, I knew he wasn't the answer either. And am happy he's not here anymore.

The Tebow going to play CFL or Arena? Get real. He's a millionaire. He'll move onto something else if he doesn't get another chance in the NFL.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #203
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,648

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Tebow is now a cleared free agent.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #204
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
A team like the Raiders should go all in on Tebow.
1. They are going to suck this year anyway.
2. They really don't have a legit starting quarterback right now.
3. This would likely put the Tebow argument to rest one way or another.
4. He will put people in the seats.
5. They will sell more jerseys to gang members, and maybe just wearing a Tebow jersey will make them think twice about robbing that liquor store.
6. He isn't likely to get arrested, unlike most of his teammates.
His christianity wont go down well with their fans satan worship though
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #205
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Tebow is a hell of a lot better than 90% of the league's backups and a good number of the starters. He just isnt getting a break because of all the bull**** that has surrounded his career now, through no fault of his own.

Frustrating as he was, who's to say he wouldnt be a better option than the likes of Gabbert, Ponder and Weeden? All of those teams could fit him into their style of play with great success. Imagine the Vikings with Peterson having the benefit of what he brings in the run game for example, not to mention that he'd come through in the clutch more often than not? They'd be an example of a team well able to win with him throwing 16 passes or less. Certainly a better option than Ponder or Joe ****ing Webb.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:07 AM   #206
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It doesn't matter what type of QB they are and how different they can be. It's the same result that you get out of them. Suckage.
Well, that goes to one of the reasons I like football. See, football is not like Olympic diving or gymnastics, where some judges hold up a score on how you did. 10! 7.5!

Football has a clock. And it has a scoreboard. And the way you tell who won is you look at that scoreboard at the end.

It is exciting precisely because somebody might struggle, and "suck," but find a way to win. Football is the hunt for that experience where you wonder "Will the guy that should win, win?"

So I didn't see the same results out of Orton as you did. It seemed like there were winnable games, where it was all on whether he could pull out a play, and he didn't.

But, it's all just an attempt to explain why some people might enjoy watching Tebow play, and some people don't. I'm one of those that believe it can't be explained away by "Everyone that ever like Tebow was an acolyte because he professed Christianity." There's too many other athletes that fit that bill.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #207
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Well, that goes to one of the reasons I like football. See, football is not like Olympic diving or gymnastics, where some judges hold up a score on how you did. 10! 7.5!

Football has a clock. And it has a scoreboard. And the way you tell who won is you look at that scoreboard at the end.

It is exciting precisely because somebody might struggle, and "suck," but find a way to win. Football is the hunt for that experience where you wonder "Will the guy that should win, win?"

So I didn't see the same results out of Orton as you did. It seemed like there were winnable games, where it was all on whether he could pull out a play, and he didn't.

But, it's all just an attempt to explain why some people might enjoy watching Tebow play, and some people don't. I'm one of those that believe it can't be explained away by "Everyone that ever like Tebow was an acolyte because he professed Christianity." There's too many other athletes that fit that bill.
I guess the difference between the "lovers" and the "haters" in broncos fans is the way they looked at a win. The lovers saw tebow clawing at the end of a game. The haters saw Marion Barber fumble. The lovers saw tebow taking the team into the playoffs. The haters saw Phillip rivers beating the raiders as a reason. It's never going to be a clear cut resolve between the 2 groups, unless he actually starts on a team so we all can see the results. I just don't think he's good enough to start. So the theories speculations what ifs etc will always be there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #208
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It just floors me that people think he was fun to watch. I thought it was excruciating to watch him start games 2 for 14 or if we were lucky for Tim to have 70 yards passing at the half.

Except for 2 games it was 55 minutes of pain followed by 5 (or less) minutes of joy.

And that was the wins! The blowouts or the loss to kFc at home with the playoffs on the line and he could only muster 3 points was/were just plain embarrassing.
The great plays were amazing and the bad plays were excruciating. It's like having the drunken uncle stay at your house. When the party is on you're having the time of your life, and then, all of a sudden, the couch is on fire.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #209
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It's a shame Tebow is probably done in the NFL. He was fun to watch. I do feel bad that both the Broncos and Jets were terrified of him succeeding and garnering national popular support. Nobody wants to bet their jobs on his long term success, I get it, and in the same role, I might do the same. But, still, that really sucks for Tebow whom busts his butt and just wants a chance to continue to start. I'd rather see him get a full year and just flame out of the league, than be railroaded out even though he actually had success in his limited opportunities.
Lots of people bust their butts. At that level, pretty much everybody has busted their butt to get there. That doesn't mean you have the ability to stick at your position. For all his physical effort, Tebow just couldn't seem to grasp the mental aspects of the game. At the QB position, that is just as crucial as the physical side. The question might be: Did he bust his butt at all aspects of the position, or just the physical conditioning side of the coin?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #210
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Tebow is a hell of a lot better than 90% of the league's backups and a good number of the starters. He just isnt getting a break because of all the bull**** that has surrounded his career now, through no fault of his own.
Uh, no.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #211
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Well, that goes to one of the reasons I like football. See, football is not like Olympic diving or gymnastics, where some judges hold up a score on how you did. 10! 7.5!

Football has a clock. And it has a scoreboard. And the way you tell who won is you look at that scoreboard at the end.

It is exciting precisely because somebody might struggle, and "suck," but find a way to win. Football is the hunt for that experience where you wonder "Will the guy that should win, win?"

So I didn't see the same results out of Orton as you did. It seemed like there were winnable games, where it was all on whether he could pull out a play, and he didn't.

But, it's all just an attempt to explain why some people might enjoy watching Tebow play, and some people don't. I'm one of those that believe it can't be explained away by "Everyone that ever like Tebow was an acolyte because he professed Christianity." There's too many other athletes that fit that bill.
Orton managed to find a way to win a 7-3 rock fight in Denver on the last day of the season that Tebow and the Broncos needed to seal a playoff appearance.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your really great argument.

3 points. Three. ||| His defense held them to 7 points, and Tebow failed to get enough points to win.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #212
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Orton managed to find a way to win a 7-3 rock fight in Denver on the last day of the season that Tebow and the Broncos needed to seal a playoff appearance.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your really great argument.

3 points. Three. ||| His defense held them to 7 points, and Tebow failed to get enough points to win.
only a certified goofball would defend Orton. Guess we found our village idiot.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #213
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
only a certified goofball would defend Orton. Guess we found our village idiot.
Ahhhh

The fallacy of a zero sum game assumption/argument.

THEY BOTH SUCK.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #214
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
only a certified goofball would defend Orton. Guess we found our village idiot.
You evidently don't know what "defending" looks like. Because what you quoted wasn't a defense of Orton. Like, at all. Not even a little bit.

You're right about the village idiot, though. Look in the mirror.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #215
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You evidently don't know what "defending" looks like. Because what you quoted wasn't a defense of Orton. Like, at all. Not even a little bit.

You're right about the village idiot, though. Look in the mirror.
says the poster with an Orton name... TEKO, stricking out again!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #216
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
says the poster with an Orton name... TEKO, stricking out again!
Stricking out? Mmmkay.

The name is a joke. Like you.

Class dismissed.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #217
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
edog24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The great plays were amazing and the bad plays were excruciating. It's like having the drunken uncle stay at your house. When the party is on you're having the time of your life, and then, all of a sudden, the couch is on fire.
Ok, that's great stuff right there.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #218
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Orton managed to find a way to win a 7-3 rock fight in Denver on the last day of the season that Tebow and the Broncos needed to seal a playoff appearance.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your really great argument.

3 points. Three. ||| His defense held them to 7 points, and Tebow failed to get enough points to win.
No, I saw it. It was a terrible day by any measure. The only half-explanation I found that satisfied was Elway's -- the whole game, Tebow would not and did not "pull the trigger." He seemed to have become addicted to the idea that if he could not make mistakes, he could just win it in the fourth.

I give him credit for one thing -- he correctly surmised that Kyle Orton would not be able to lead his team to points. But his actual play that day was terrible.

But trust me, I've heard it mentioned 1,000 times -- it is a cherished, cherished memory by those who don't think Tebow can play. And there's really no defense of that game. If you're allowed to write off games in the NFL as "terrible day," then that one goes in that column. If nothing is allowed to be written off, then that game is a huge black mark.

The only thing that goes against it is the very next week -- he said he was going to "pull the trigger" and he did. He flat out winged down the field, throwing for a huge YPA.

But then there's the week after against the Patriots. So, some say close the book.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #219
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,115

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Stricking out? Mmmkay.

The name is a joke. Like you.

Class dismissed.
You got me on that one teach.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #220
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,529
Default

Tebow wasn't the long term solution as McDaniels intended, but it's kinda ridiculous to say he can't play in the league after what he did. The Broncos threw him to the wolves when it was likely the team wouldn't succeed. He took the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs and won. He protected the ball and found a way to win the close games. He had a good deep ball to make them pay when they focused too much to stop the run. Not efficient, but effective when it comes to winning games. Elway had other plans. I could read the look on Elway's face after another Tebow miracle had the fans cheering. It was like "Oh great, he's making my job harder."
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #221
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Tebow wasn't the long term solution as McDaniels intended, but it's kinda ridiculous to say he can't play in the league after what he did. The Broncos threw him to the wolves when it was likely the team wouldn't succeed. He took the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs and won. He protected the ball and found a way to win the close games. He had a good deep ball to make them pay when they focused too much to stop the run. Not efficient, but effective when it comes to winning games. Elway had other plans. I could read the look on Elway's face after another Tebow miracle had the fans cheering. It was like "Oh great, he's making my job harder."
Like a port in a mighty storm.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #222
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Tebow wasn't the long term solution as McDaniels intended, but it's kinda ridiculous to say he can't play in the league after what he did. The Broncos threw him to the wolves when it was likely the team wouldn't succeed. He took the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs and won. He protected the ball and found a way to win the close games. He had a good deep ball to make them pay when they focused too much to stop the run. Not efficient, but effective when it comes to winning games. Elway had other plans. I could read the look on Elway's face after another Tebow miracle had the fans cheering. It was like "Oh great, he's making my job harder."
He simply couldn't play the position,Jeff George had a nice long ball too. Look at his completion percentages & his 3rd down conversion rate game to game. It never improved. Elway said from the beginning,his completion & 3rd conversion percentages would have to improve in order for TT to be a viable starter going forward.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #223
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Tebow wasn't the long term solution as McDaniels intended, but it's kinda ridiculous to say he can't play in the league after what he did. The Broncos threw him to the wolves when it was likely the team wouldn't succeed. He took the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs and won. He protected the ball and found a way to win the close games. He had a good deep ball to make them pay when they focused too much to stop the run. Not efficient, but effective when it comes to winning games. Elway had other plans. I could read the look on Elway's face after another Tebow miracle had the fans cheering. It was like "Oh great, he's making my job harder."
You guys in bashing the Broncos to prop up some two bit QB make me sick. Damn near the same team with Manning won 13 games. Thomas, Decker and Beadles all had career years with a REAL QB after being blasted by fans for sucking balls with Teblow.

This is exactly why I don't like Teblow. Worst team in the NFL. **** off.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-01-2013 at 11:37 AM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #224
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You guys in bashing the Broncos to prop up some two bit QB make me sick. Damn near the same team with Manning won 13 games. Thomas, Decker and Beadles all had career years with a REAL QB after being blasted by fans for sucking balls with Teblow.

This is exactly why I don't like Teblow. Worst team in the NFL. **** off.
Church
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #225
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
...it's kinda ridiculous to say he can't play in the league after what he did.
So then there are 32 "ridiculous" front offices in the league.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Denver Broncos