The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

TT really should just go ahead and go to the CFL. He's not going to get a chance to play QB in the NFL. Maybe, if he goes up there and has great success an NFL team may reconsider bringing him in as a QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

So................. can we now revisit the discussion about the compensation we got for Tebow.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #28
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Remember kids. Work hard, perform well, and good things will happen for you.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #29
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
TT really should just go ahead and go to the CFL. He's not going to get a chance to play QB in the NFL. Maybe, if he goes up there and has great success an NFL team may reconsider bringing him in as a QB.
Yes the CFL (regular season opening on June 27) or the area league (maybe next year because the season is going on now I think).
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #30
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I'm sure he's a great guy, but his stubborness led him right out of the league. It wasn't the Tebow fans that forced him out of the league. It was Tebow, himself...
I don't think it's stubbornness. I think it's shrewd -- TE is a difficult position to play.

I think he'll finally get the development he needs now. He needs an offseason with a team where there's no "package." He just works on the offense as a backup.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Good point. Tebow seems to be the living embodiment of this principle.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #32
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Bet he ends up with the Pats. McDaniels is there plus Belicheat was rumored to want him in that draft anyways. Brady isn't going to fold like Sanchez, and there won't be any calls for him to start. So McD/Beli can work on him reading defenses for a couple of years while getting him into games with some special packages for him.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #33
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Man...I'd take him back here at other positions in second, but he just doesn't want to do that. Good luck Tim.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #34
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
He didn't perform well for the Jets. Tim has great qualities but he self admittedly has a higher purpose than football. That's fine and dandy but there are millions of kids with the same dream always on your tail. The players that rise to the top put football first.

Either that or he's just too stubborn to realize he should play another position.

Last edited by Meck77; 04-29-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #35
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #36
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Guys, guys... is Macgruder ok?
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I don't think it's stubbornness. I think it's shrewd -- TE is a difficult position to play.

I think he'll finally get the development he needs now. He needs an offseason with a team where there's no "package." He just works on the offense as a backup.
TE is pretty easy relative to QB. What team is going to sign a QB,even as a back up,who can't throw.
What he needs to do is go to the cfl,& hope he gets an opportunity there.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #38
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think that is the best move for him now too (CFL) ala Moon & Flutie
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #39
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Bring him in!

Just kidding, but seriously, I don't get why he gets no credit at all for a terrific season. People act like he's never accomplished anything in the NFL. False.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #40
Jay3

[QUOTE=peacepipe;3840392]TE is pretty easy relative to QB. [quote]

Then you may think he would make it as an NFL TE. I don't. There's quite a few physical beasts, with more height, waiting to play. And those guys have run routes and caught the ball before, and blocked before.

Quote:
What he needs to do is go to the cfl,& hope he gets an opportunity there.
CFL is even more passing-oriented. It's not an easy answer. He needs one or more seasons as a pure backup.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #41
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
He needs one or more seasons as a pure backup.
Very unlikely to get that season as a pure backup on a 53-man roster.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #42
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
He didn't perform well for the Jets. Tim has great qualities but he self admittedly has a higher purpose than football. That's fine and dandy but there are millions of kids with the same dream always on your tail. The players that rise to the top put football first.

Either that or he's just too stubborn to realize he should play another position.
Yeah. He was terrible playing for the jets. There are many plays to choose from.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #43
toad
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Wish the kid well. His NFL could very well be over unless he swallows his pride and makes a position switch.
I was a HUGE Tebow supporter when he was here and find it hard not to pull for the guy in general, but this is my feeling as well.

2 teams have seen the goods first-hand and both have decided he's not part of their future (and 30 other teams don't seem to be jumping into the mix).

His work ethic and athleticism are top-notch, I don't know what the learning curve specifically is, but I still think he needs to switch to a Chris Cooley "lite" type role (H-back, TE, special packages RB, special teams).
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #44
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

[QUOTE=Jay3;3840397][QUOTE=peacepipe;3840392]TE is pretty easy relative to QB.
Quote:

Then you may think he would make it as an NFL TE. I don't. There's quite a few physical beasts, with more height, waiting to play. And those guys have run routes and caught the ball before, and blocked before.

CFL is even more passing-oriented. It's not an easy answer. He needs one or more seasons as a pure backup.
Who brings him in? He can't throw,so he's going to have trouble being viable back up for any team out there.
If tebow is dead set against switching positions,it's over for him.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Like the old saying goes, "College coaches are not in the business of creating NFL QBs."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #46
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe now he can concentrate on saving the Filipinos from Catholicism?
Actually, that would be saving them from Muslim Fundamentalism. Running rampant over there right now. That said, I have a hard time believing Tim would play in Canada. Not enough of a pulpit for the message. If someone like the Patsies don't come calling, I'm betting he hangs it up and gets on with his ministry work and his life. Good luck to him and I wish nothing but happiness and continued success for the young man. He brought us a lot of enjoyment, just glad the circus left town.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #47
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Quarterback is a more difficult position to play by roughly 10,000%. Especially when you can't throw or read defenses, which means he doesn't have the physical gifts necessary to play the position.

He has the physical gifts to play TE. That he won't tells me all I need to know about how dedicated he is to being an NFL player.

Goodbye, Timmeh. Enjoy your ministry.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #48
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Can you say ...... Congressman Tebow
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
He has the physical gifts to play TE. That he won't tells me all I need to know about how dedicated he is to being an NFL player.
I reckon this is a crock of ****.

When your heart is set on a position where you've had success at a position, why is doing everything you can to succeed at that position a negative trait?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #50
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I've long thought two things about Tebow. 1) He's not the brightest star in the sky. He's not DUMB, but never came across as an intellectual and 2) football isn't his number one priority (and that's OK.) If religion and spreading his message is the most important thing for him, and he uses football as a vehicle to do that, then fine. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't look like he'll get the chance to do that anymore.

To me, his mechanics and all that aren't really his problem. In fact, I'd argue that all the tinkering with his mechanics has made him into a ****tier passer. He wasn't THIS bad at Fla. It's that he can't read an NFL defense to save his life and seems to forget the plays as soon as he calls them. How often did he drop back only to panic and look around without actually seeing much? For all the bluster we hear about his so-called work ethic, I just can't imagine it involves spending a ton of time in the film room. And if it does, he probably doesn't comprehend what he's looking at.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote