The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #426
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I know you're a tebow fan with some common sense. But isn't it exhausting having to defend the ones that have none?
I don't defend anybody, and it's misguided to lump groups of people together. Whether it's by race, gender, fanhood, or whatever -- it's a flawed way of thinking. Because it causes us to filter facts, rejecting the ones that don't "fit," and assigning greater significance to the ones that "fit."

I've gotten that a lot (I'm "one of the reasonable ones"), and then therefore I'm not "one of the ones" that people are generalizing about.

I happen to post on the internet. Tebow is very, very popular. He has people that like him that don't even think about posting on message boards. People with a very balanced, and un-passionate liking for him. A general interest, wishing him well. People that barely know the latest developments.

The fact is, articles that mention him get a high number of hits, and shows that discuss him get viewers/listeners. But to generalize about that level of interest (some of it is negative -- people that dislike him seem to be inexplicably interested in him) and to constantly generalize about the supposed "circus," or what is wrong with "those people?"

It gets so old. It reveals the ugliest side of people. To nurture and cherish each little story -- like the myth that Tebow fans bought a billboard -- displays the same kind of thinking as a racist that remembers some episode where a member of a another race treated him badly. It fails to understand how many people crazy people there are in the world -- you can find an example of horrible or obsessed behavior for just about any fetish you can name. And to generalize from it is poor reasoning.

Even if you limit to the very small world of the Mane -- there have been an incredibly small number of posters who were passionately pro-Tebow and argued here, posting "crazy" things. And yet, you guys allowed yourselves to be trolled for page after page -- not only allowing yourselves to be drawn into it, but more tragically allowing yourselves to generalize, and believe that the most extreme outliers were representative of the midpoint of the curve.

So the "exhausting" part comes from the constant repetitions of "I don't hate Tebow. I just hate his fans." What an ugly side to show.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #427
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

@ This Thread.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #428
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Now that he is no longer under contract... Bring him in for competition during camp on the cheap. Imagine how many more jerseys we could sell while increasing the fan base again. With Manning running this team it could be a win-win situation.

Personally I think the Orangemane is totally past the old Tebow issues and would accept him with open arms.

Thoughts?

OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #429
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Now that he is no longer under contract... Bring him in for competition during camp on the cheap. Imagine how many more jerseys we could sell while increasing the fan base again. With Manning running this team it could be a win-win situation.

Personally I think the Orangemane is totally past the old Tebow issues and would accept him with open arms.

Thoughts?

My thoughts? Whatever you're drinking, you should share.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #430
DENVERDUI55

Out of this thread who takes the title of biggest teblower?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #431
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I wish Tebow would learn a new position. Think about it. Tebow could learn to hold and play special teams. He could call the snap on punts and be a teams 3rd QB/wildcat QB. Then maybe he could soften up his hands in the next offseason and learn how to catch the football. Maybe learn how to play some hback where he could be hard to bring down in the right situations. He could fill multiple roster spots and give you and extra one or 2 to carry another RB or olineman etc etc.

Either that or i wish some team would just let him run around and ball. I miss seeing him play. Those games 2 yrs ago were some of the most exciting Bronco football games i have watched since we won the Superbowls.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #432
bombay
Ring of Famer

It's terrific that Tebow isn't the Broncos' problem. Thank you John Elway. Tebow will always have a herd of psychotics following him around.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #433
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
It's terrific that Tebow isn't the Broncos' problem. Thank you John Elway. Tebow will always have a herd of psychotics following him around.
And his fans will follow him too...
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #434
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
So, in other words, I was correct. Paid for by merchants.
You sure were. Here's a pat on the head and a cookie.

The guys who put up the billboard -- barely English-speakers, if that billboard and their website was any indication -- would not have ever thought of it had the rabid Kentucky Tebow morons not started a pledge drive to get it put up in the first place. Pretending that there were no Tebowners involved is just wantonly ignorant.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #435
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

the crazies know no boundaries...and now they got big time money backing them

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #436
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You sure were. Here's a pat on the head and a cookie.

The guys who put up the billboard -- barely English-speakers, if that billboard and their website was any indication -- would not have ever thought of it had the rabid Kentucky Tebow morons not started a pledge drive to get it put up in the first place. Pretending that there were no Tebowners involved is just wantonly ignorant.
It's a perfect microcosm of the whole negative phenomenon surrounding Tebow in the media -- it only takes a couple of "rabid Kentucky morons" that you heard about on the internet for you to attach great symbolic significance to it. Smart merchants recognize that they will get incredible media coverage by paying for a billboard. Media follows suit by giving it coverage. (This media/money element is always present in the Saga of Tebow) And people like you attach great historical significance to it, as reflecting on Tebow and/or his fans as a whole -- your memory of it is as something the "Tebowners" did, and you're willing to stretch it to them being "involved." Involved by what standard -- ugh, because they wanted to do it and then somebody done done it.

Meanwhile, all the billboard said was that Tebow should be starting instead of the death sentence that was Kyle Orton . . . . and now almost every single Maner claims that was the right move (benching Orton), and also claims they always supported it. People are running from the memory of Kyle Orton like the plague.

Somehow, it got turned into the idea that the "Tebow circus" was unbearable, because of things like "billboards." What was unbearable was the sense of doom when Kyle Orton took the field.

Now it's over -- the Broncos found a better quarterback, and kept moving in the direction of building a better team.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #437
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I wish Tebow would learn a new position. Think about it. Tebow could learn to hold and play special teams. He could call the snap on punts and be a teams 3rd QB/wildcat QB. Then maybe he could soften up his hands in the next offseason and learn how to catch the football. Maybe learn how to play some hback where he could be hard to bring down in the right situations. He could fill multiple roster spots and give you and extra one or 2 to carry another RB or olineman etc etc.

Either that or i wish some team would just let him run around and ball. I miss seeing him play. Those games 2 yrs ago were some of the most exciting Bronco football games i have watched since we won the Superbowls.
I think most teams would take him, in a heartbeat, if he agreed to play supporting roles. He's a heck of an athlete. He's just not an NFL quarterback...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #438
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I think most teams would take him, in a heartbeat, if he agreed to play supporting roles. He's a heck of an athlete. He's just not an NFL quarterback...
When the Jets contacted his manager to all allow them to begin seeking a trade several teams responded but with a question of whether Tebow would be open to switching positions. He wasn't.

What the 144 don't realize is that Tebow did not win those games in Denver, the team did and they assisted Tebow in his 4 quarter miracles. What they also don't realize is that stats never tell the whole story. If Jacksonville wants to put butts in the seat they need to put a team on the field and win. Not just one guy whose delusional stats would not do that.

Last edited by gunns; 05-08-2013 at 11:02 AM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #439
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Guess Timmy missed all the lessons in the Good Book about being too prideful.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #440
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Thanks a lot, Jesus
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #441
errand
Ring of Famer

the circus was exactly that...it's not some myth perpetuated by misinformation....

I'm guessing that Jay forgets the hatred Tebow fans had towards not only Kyle Orton, but the Denver Broncos coaching staff, the FO, Pat Bowlen, and worse of all the hatred towards the greatest player in Broncos history if not the NFL's (Elway)

Watching Tim play QB in '11 was almost as bad to us as watching Orton play QB was to them.....the difference is when Orton was benched and subsequently waived, there was no fall out.

Now contrast and compare the Tebow emotional rollercoaster when the Broncos pursued Manning. People who had been Broncos fans their entire life were all of a sudden acting like spoiled little kids who were denied their favorite toy.

There was no open letters to John Elway telling him what an idiot he was when Orton was benched or released, but when the Broncos were trying to sign one of the greatest QB's of any generation there was......

there was no waxing eloquently of the tears in some kid's eyes when Orton was cut, but there was as "Tee-Tow was we-leased"....

there was no calling the organization "classless" when Orton was released, but there was when Manning as Tebow's replacement was being pursued.....

and might I remind you that while people had differing opinions of Tebow being able to play QB successfully in the NFL, none of these alleged "haters" proposed that someone take a crowbar to Tebow's head or knees like Tebow fans wanted to do to Orton....

there were no "haters" who proposed a hypothetical scenario where John Elway and John Fox are killed in a plane crash because they benched Orton....however there was a Tebow fan who speculated just that.

Now think about that.....we had people on here who wished death upon the greatest QB in Broncos history if not the NFL's.

Now tell us all again how the circus is just a myth........

Last edited by errand; 05-08-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #442
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

Pride always comes before the fall.....
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #443
DenverDynamite

I remember vividly the blindsided, wild-eyed, hatred I got hit with by one of my former Facebook 'friends' the day Manning signed because I apparently had the audacity to be excited about it.
That was the day I was officially done routing for Tebow.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #444
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
It's a perfect microcosm of the whole negative phenomenon surrounding Tebow in the media -- it only takes a couple of "rabid Kentucky morons" that you heard about on the internet for you to attach great symbolic significance to it. Smart merchants recognize that they will get incredible media coverage by paying for a billboard. Media follows suit by giving it coverage. (This media/money element is always present in the Saga of Tebow) And people like you attach great historical significance to it, as reflecting on Tebow and/or his fans as a whole -- your memory of it is as something the "Tebowners" did, and you're willing to stretch it to them being "involved." Involved by what standard -- ugh, because they wanted to do it and then somebody done done it.

Meanwhile, all the billboard said was that Tebow should be starting instead of the death sentence that was Kyle Orton . . . . and now almost every single Maner claims that was the right move (benching Orton), and also claims they always supported it. People are running from the memory of Kyle Orton like the plague.

Somehow, it got turned into the idea that the "Tebow circus" was unbearable, because of things like "billboards." What was unbearable was the sense of doom when Kyle Orton took the field.

Now it's over -- the Broncos found a better quarterback, and kept moving in the direction of building a better team.
You can minimize the impact of the "Tebowites" if that makes you feel better, Jay3... it is true that with each season he's been buried on the depth chart, the clamor for him to be "given" a starting job is a bit less strident. The din would never have faded if he were capable of consistently putting the football where it needs to be, but even the most fervent of his fans has to be waking up to the realization that his days in the NFL are numbered... or perhaps even in the past. The so-called "circus" is a part of the reason why there's precious little (NFL) interest in Tebow... although the biggest factor remains "how much work he would need before he would be ready to start". Time is not on the side of a 4th year player who remains a "project QB". Even the media is moving on to the "next media darling"... the spotlight doesn't remain for long on a player who can't play.

I'm still stunned that anyone ever said (with a straight face) that John Elway was afraid of being upstaged by Tim Tebow's QB skills.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #445
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Pride always comes before the fall.....
Thirty years from now, Tebow will look like The Dude.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #446
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
the circus was exactly that...it's not some myth perpetuated by misinformation....

I'm guessing that Jay forgets the hatred Tebow fans had towards not only Kyle Orton, but the Denver Broncos coaching staff, the FO, Pat Bowlen, and worse of all the hatred towards the greatest player in Broncos history if not the NFL's (Elway)

Watching Tim play QB in '11 was almost as bad to us as watching Orton play QB was to them.....the difference is when Orton was benched and subsequently waived, there was no fall out.

Now contrast and compare the Tebow emotional rollercoaster when the Broncos pursued Manning. People who had been Broncos fans their entire life were all of a sudden acting like spoiled little kids who were denied their favorite toy.

There was no open letters to John Elway telling him what an idiot he was when Orton was benched or released, but when the Broncos were trying to sign one of the greatest QB's of any generation there was......

there was no waxing eloquently of the tears in some kid's eyes when Orton was cut, but there was as "Tee-Tow was we-leased"....

there was no calling the organization "classless" when Orton was released, but there was when Manning as Tebow's replacement was being pursued.....

and might I remind you that while people had differing opinions of Tebow being able to play QB successfully in the NFL, none of these alleged "haters" proposed that someone take a crowbar to Tebow's head or knees like Tebow fans wanted to do to Orton....

there were no "haters" who proposed a hypothetical scenario where John Elway and John Fox are killed in a plane crash because they benched Orton....however there was a Tebow fan who speculated just that.

Now think about that.....we had people on here who wished death upon the greatest QB in Broncos history if not the NFL's.

Now tell us all again how the circus is just a myth........
Those are all generalizations made without a valid basis to apply it to wide group of people.

Internet tweets, posts, and article comments do not a "circus" make. The media (ESPN) pits one view against another on a never-ending basis. The tragedy is when anybody allows the coverage of it to actually affect their view of fellow human beings.

Quote:
So are we talking about "people who had been Broncos fans their entire life?"

Let me just say this one time and one time only: John Elway and John Fox could have handled any and all of the above. It was not a problem. If Tebow could play the position to their liking, they would have kept him (assuming they couldn't get Peyton). The reason Tebow is not playing for the Broncos is that he was evaluated to be not good enough at throwing a football. It is not some natural consequence of a "Tebow circus." No matter how much you may want it to be Tebow and his fans getting their just deserts, it comes down to football.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #447
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Those are all generalizations made without a valid basis to apply it to wide group of people.

Internet tweets, posts, and article comments do not a "circus" make. The media (ESPN) pits one view against another on a never-ending basis. The tragedy is when anybody allows the coverage of it to actually affect their view of fellow human beings.

Let me just say this one time and one time only: John Elway and John Fox could have handled any and all of the above. It was not a problem. If Tebow could play the position to their liking, they would have kept him (assuming they couldn't get Peyton). The reason Tebow is not playing for the Broncos is that he was evaluated to be not good enough at throwing a football. It is not some natural consequence of a "Tebow circus." No matter how much you may want it to be Tebow and his fans getting their just deserts, it comes down to football.

You should watch today's first take. This was its subject. I agree with Smith that the rabid idiots DO have an impact on it. It doesn't matter how many there are or aren't. It's the annoying persistence of denial and entitlement. Smith said if his fanbase would just shut up and be quiet about the guy, that there would be SOME interest from teams. I agree with some of that. On the other hand, if he was any good he would be on a team. So in that sense it does come down to football.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #448
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:

Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #449
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Are we sure he can bowl?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #450
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Tebow is a nice guy, but no way is he cool, man
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote