The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #26
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If I were you I would be concerned that no one is mentioning kFc having a nice draft.
I'm not worried about what experts think. They said we had the best draft in 2008 but that is obviously not true (though Albert, Charles, Flowers and Carr were great picks).

I liked most of our draft, except Niles Davis. I'm not going to judge Eric Kush or Mike Catapano either because I have no idea how good they are.

And I doubt the analyst really do either. It was interesting that Reid said that Kush was known as a sleeper throughout league circles.

I think we got 3 or 4 good starters from this draft and some hopeful depth picks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I'm not worried about what experts think. They said we had the best draft in 2008 but that is obviously not true (though Albert, Charles, Flowers and Carr were great picks).

I liked most of our draft, except Niles Davis. I'm not going to judge Eric Kush or Mike Catapano either because I have no idea how good they are.

And I doubt the analyst really do either. It was interesting that Reid said that Kush was known as a sleeper throughout league circles.

I think we got 3 or 4 good starters from this draft and some hopeful depth picks.
If you got 4 starters you did not start with a very good team.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #28
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
Rams are my sleeper playoff team. Their defense showed some flashes last year. Losing Steven Jackson isn't that big of a deal. Isaiah Pead & Daryl Richardson will be a good tandem. Biggest issues have been addressed in OL & WR.

Not sure if that's enough to leapfrog the Seahawks, but it should be interesting to watch. The Cardinals may be 0-6 in that division.

Edit - they went 2-1-1 against the Niners and Seahawks last season. 4-1-1 overall in the NFC West.
Agreed I think their defense looked pretty good last year and should only be better. But I'd add that this season will show if a big part of St. Louis problem is the QB.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #29
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If you got 4 starters you did not start with a very good team.
Cleaning up Pioli's mess was a priority.

Fisher is an obvious starter, Johnson will start too because Belcher..well you know, Wilson will start at FB, and I think Commings will start at free safety.
Kelce might start, but I don't think so.

I will say this and I will say it boldly..Braden Wilson was the best blocking FB in the nation last year and one of the best blockers I've seen at KSU in a long time. I'm a huge KSU fan and go to multiple games every year.
And he's smart too. Picks up blitzes so well.

I'm obviously gonna be a homer concerning him though. Loved that pick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

BALT did well. They had a ton of draft picks to work with and traded two of them to move up and scoop Arthur Brown, wise move IMO.

They ended up with 10 draft picks, I don't know about their 4th round and on down (6 out of their 10 picks), but their first four were Matt Elam, Art Brown, John Simon and a DT Brandon Williams.

They rebuilt their defense, but no WR to replace Anquan Boldin. Hopefully that comes along to limit them.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,352

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Agreed I think their defense looked pretty good last year and should only be better. But I'd add that this season will show if a big part of St. Louis problem is the QB.
Yeah they got the weapons Bradford has been lacking at WR. I don't know if they have a TE worth a damn, that's always good for a QB.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,419

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Cleaning up Pioli's mess was a priority.

Fisher is an obvious starter, Johnson will start too because Belcher..well you know, Wilson will start at FB, and I think Commings will start at free safety.
Kelce might start, but I don't think so.

I will say this and I will say it boldly..Braden Wilson was the best blocking FB in the nation last year and one of the best blockers I've seen at KSU in a long time. I'm a huge KSU fan and go to multiple games every year.
And he's smart too. Picks up blitzes so well.

I'm obviously gonna be a homer concerning him though. Loved that pick.
Is kFc the only team who drafted a true FB? Seems like that position is dead these days. I admit I miss watching Howard Griffith clear holes for TD and love the I formations.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Cleaning up Pioli's mess was a priority.

Fisher is an obvious starter, Johnson will start too because Belcher..well you know, Wilson will start at FB, and I think Commings will start at free safety.
Kelce might start, but I don't think so.

I will say this and I will say it boldly..Braden Wilson was the best blocking FB in the nation last year and one of the best blockers I've seen at KSU in a long time. I'm a huge KSU fan and go to multiple games every year.
And he's smart too. Picks up blitzes so well.


I'm obviously gonna be a homer concerning him though. Loved that pick.
His receiving skills aren't too shabby, either. As much as I hate to admit it, the KC Chuckleheads hit on a good pick...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Denver Broncos