The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #251
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

The karma boat is setting sail from Broncoland, all aboard SS Arrogance.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #252
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
What in the world is douchey about looking at a schedule and going "ya, we're gonna win all of those".

Cause I think we will.
"I'm sorry but who in our first 6 games really looks like they are a match for this team"

Give me a break. You honestly think the Giants are "no match" for the Broncos? Yeah ****ing right. Confidence is great. Saying nobody on the schedule is any match is flipping idiotic.

Yeah we're gonna beat the Giants, Colts, Texans, and Patriots, etc. no match. I'm sure the Bolts, Chiefs, and Raiders are just going to lay out the red carpet too. Thanks for letting me know. I'll call Hancock and start planning the parade.

Last edited by pricejj; 09-06-2013 at 10:27 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #253
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Ravens are LUCKY they made it to the playoffs last year with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and a slew of other characters that either weren't on the roster last night, or were injured during the course of the game.

That game was a buzz saw waiting to happen. Don't think the 12th man didn't have a hand either. They did.

But yeah, I'm sure Manning will throw 7 TD passes a game for the rest of the year, and put all games out of reach in the 3rd quarter.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #254
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
"I'm sorry but who in our first 6 games really looks like they are a match for this team"

Give me a break. You honestly think the Giants are "no match" for the Broncos? Yeah ****ing right. Confidence is great. Saying nobody on the schedule is any match is flipping idiotic.

Yeah we're gonna beat the Giants, Colts, Texans, and Patriots, etc. no match. I'm sure the Bolts, Chiefs, and Raiders are just going to lay out the red carpet too. Thanks for letting me know. I'll call Hancock and start planning the parade.
The Pats a few years back didn't have a great D and they went undefeated. You're saying this offense can't be as good as that one? Heck, I'd say this offense can be just as good (although slightly different) then our 98 team, only with a better defense (of course counting that Miller is on the field). And that team won it's first 14 games. I hear what you're saying, don't get over confident. But to suggest we don't have a decent shot at going 6-0 is just a silly as somebody saying there's no team that can beat us. It happens every year, quite a few teams usually start out 6-0, 7-0. I certainly think we can do it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #255
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
yup the same team that beat the 1998 super bowl champs
Totally different circumstances and 2 totally different teams entirely. From the players to the coaches, to the GM and even the water boys no doubt.

Let's not forget, JPP is coming off an injury and probably not going to be in game shape, as it looks like he might even miss this weak. No way their secondary can cover our entire group and with JPP out or not close to 100%, I don't think they get to PM all that often to be honest. I'll call it closer then it should be because it is an East game, time zone change and all that.

Broncos 32, Giants 24
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #256
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
WTF is this patsfan.com? Don't get douchey man. It ain't us.
Please explain to me how any of the next five opponents is in any way on par with the Broncos. I'm not saying they couldn't drop a game or even two if they **** up, but none of those teams can beat the Broncos unless the Broncos give them a good amount of help. That isn't a "douchey" statement. That's just the truth. Most people who aren't even Bronco fans would say the same thing.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #257
extralife
Ring of Famer

the giants can absolutely hang with us in any situation in their building. we have no idea who the Eagles are right now. you want to chalk those up, have fun, but this ain't my first fan rodeo. I've seen plenty of week 1 super bowl champs stumble
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #258
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I will be at the Giants game; therefore, we will win.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #259
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Please explain to me how any of the next five opponents is in any way on par with the Broncos. I'm not saying they couldn't drop a game or even two if they **** up, but none of those teams can beat the Broncos unless the Broncos give them a good amount of help. That isn't a "douchey" statement. That's just the truth. Most people who aren't even Bronco fans would say the same thing.

This.

if we play up to our potential we're going going to CRUSH EVERYONE the next month. The only team I'm sorta concerned about is houston

Last edited by lolcopter; 09-07-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #260
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
The victory boat is setting sail from Broncoland, all aboard SS Confidence

fyp
Old 09-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #261
chanesaw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Think about how annoying Patriots fans have been over the Brady years, let's not be like that.
chanesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #262
lolcopter

we haven't had a team this much better than everyone else since 1998. i'm going to relish in it for the time being, kthx

there's a big difference between confidence in your squad, and being douchey annoying pricks to other teams fans (aside from the KC homers that reside here). fwiw, pats fan have never been as bad as steelers, ravens, cowboys fans. at least raider fans for the most part know their team completely sucks.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #263
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Chargers didn't need him...

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Broncos highest-graded defender was Phillips, the former Charger, who provided the pressure that many (including myself) questioned whether it would come in the absence of Von Miller. Yes, he got a favorable match up against rookie right tackle Ricky Wagner, but to his credit he took full advantage and did more than just rush the passer adding two stops against the run early in the second quarter and even dropping to cover Ray Rice on a wheel route, which he did so well that he forced Joe Flacco to throw the ball out of bounds. More performances like this in the first six weeks and the Broncos will start to build a real defensive identity without Miller, which will make his return all the more intimidating for the rest of the AFC.
Quote:
In his Broncos debut, Phillips set his highest-ever single game grade in the now six seasons we have been grading games here at PFF. His previous best was a +4.7 grade against Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts back in Week 12 of the 2008 season.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...al-den-week-1/

Last edited by TonyR; 09-07-2013 at 10:30 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #264
lolcopter

good interview here

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-had-seven-TDs
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #265
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Water under the bridge, and yes he cost a lot more $, but starting to wonder whether Freeney would have perhaps been the better move...

Quote:
Rookie first-round pick Lane Johnson, Philadelphia's right tackle, struggled with the pass rush of Chargers outside linebacker Dwight Freeney. There were times Freeney made Johnson look unathletic. Freeney looks rejuvenated as a pass rusher, showing quickness and power.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6301--nfl.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #266
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What happened to Phillips last game? Was he in there much?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #267
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I'd have to rewatch to see how much he played.....but I can't wait for Von to get back....we'll definitely see Philips benefit from his return.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #268
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Both Phillips and Ayers got pressure but the two things I noticed:

1. Eli Manning was getting that ball out extremely quickly. Quicker than almost any other QB I've seen lately. His average snap to release time was around 2 seconds on most plays and it's almost impossible to get to the QB that quickly. The only other QB I've seen get rid of the ball that quickly is Peyton or Brady (last year when he had all his weapons).

2. Ayers/Phillips are what I call complimentary pass rushers. They'll push the pocket/defender or go around and get close, but they simply don't have the raw athleticism to disengage and close in on the QB in one fluid move. Guys like Doom/Von/Aldon Smith etc do.

I think those guys are decent complimentary pass rushers but you need the closers, the guys that finish to the QB and Von has that in spades. Let's hope Quanterrus Smith does as well.

The one player that I am very disapointed in so far is Derek Wolfe. I could be wrong but so far he's rarely disrupted the QB. For a guy getting a lot of snaps, he's simply not turning that into pressure.

Last edited by fontaine; 09-17-2013 at 12:51 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #269
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Derek Wolfe has made nice plays in the run game but yeah has not done much as a rusher yet

Sly has been a dissapointment as well
I noticed he was in the Giants game towards the end but I yet to see him disrupt a play or provide any pressure
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #270
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
4-2? 6-0 is what I think.
I think we lose a couple if games when Von gets back as we sort of adjust, but well be better in the playoffs after the whole ordeal.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #271
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Derek Wolfe has made nice plays in the run game but yeah has not done much as a rusher yet

Sly has been a dissapointment as well
I noticed he was in the Giants game towards the end but I yet to see him disrupt a play or provide any pressure
Did you happen to notice how he couldn't get lined up correctly and then just stood up after the snap like he was looking for his mommy?

Dude has been flat out terrible thus far.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #272
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I think we lose a couple if games when Von gets back as we sort of adjust, but well be better in the playoffs after the whole ordeal.
Huh?

Where you from? Sweden?

Von coming back isnt going to make us a lesser team dude.

Best pure pass rusher in the LEAGUE.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #273
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Did you happen to notice how he couldn't get lined up correctly and then just stood up after the snap like he was looking for his mommy?

yeah I noticed in preseason several times when the ball was snapped he would just kind of stand there, almost like he is playing contain or something

I highly doubt he was containing and am pretty sure he has no idea what he is doing
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #274
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Ayers was getting the **** held out him. Not really sure about Phillips, but Ayers had at least two relatively straightforward sack opportunities on Eli negated by straight out tackling.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #275
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post

That was concerning. I'm worried that the injury scare might have screwed with his mind. Going to reserve judgement completely until Von is back to stir the drink.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote