The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > The Tailgate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Broncos @ Pats 11/24

Anybody going, and/or has anybody made the trip out of Boston/Foxborough before?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Anybody going, and/or has anybody made the trip out of Boston/Foxborough before?
I am going to a Pats game this season, but it's the Jets in September.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I am going to a Pats game this season, but it's the Jets in September.
Still could be helpful. You'll have to excuse my ignorance of Canadian geography, but is that a road trip for you? Or do you fly? Where do you stay? In Foxborough close to the stadium? In Boston? Elsewhere?

Basically I'm in the preliminary planning stages. I've got to fly into Boston other way I think, but past that I don't know. I've never been to Boston so I'd love to see the city. I've heard they have a Patriots train on game days that goes from Boston to the stadium direct because driving is a huge pain. Anyways whatever tips you have I'm all ears.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Still could be helpful. You'll have to excuse my ignorance of Canadian geography, but is that a road trip for you? Or do you fly? Where do you stay? In Foxborough close to the stadium? In Boston? Elsewhere?

Basically I'm in the preliminary planning stages. I've got to fly into Boston other way I think, but past that I don't know. I've never been to Boston so I'd love to see the city. I've heard they have a Patriots train on game days that goes from Boston to the stadium direct because driving is a huge pain. Anyways whatever tips you have I'm all ears.
Where I am in Canada is due north of the Montana border about 6 hours so we're definitely flying to Boston.

We are staying in Boston closer to Fenway. Same thing, we're using the train to get to/from the game. Tons of hotels near the stations downtown which is nice to get to the Pats game, the Red Sox game on the Friday, and close to a lot of the sights we want to see. Overall, seems to have a pretty kick ass light rail/subway system.

I perused a Pats message board and tailgating seems pretty close to what I've seen in Denver and Seattle. Won't be doing a ton of it cause we aren't really fans of either team, just love football and happen to be there that night.

We're only there for two nights before we head to New York for the Broncos game that weekend so hotels downtown seemed a bit pricey but usually they get cheaper on weekends cause it isn't the "business class" using them, at least that's what we found in New York.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Where I am in Canada is due north of the Montana border about 6 hours so we're definitely flying to Boston.

We are staying in Boston closer to Fenway. Same thing, we're using the train to get to/from the game. Tons of hotels near the stations downtown which is nice to get to the Pats game, the Red Sox game on the Friday, and close to a lot of the sights we want to see. Overall, seems to have a pretty kick ass light rail/subway system.

I perused a Pats message board and tailgating seems pretty close to what I've seen in Denver and Seattle. Won't be doing a ton of it cause we aren't really fans of either team, just love football and happen to be there that night.

We're only there for two nights before we head to New York for the Broncos game that weekend so hotels downtown seemed a bit pricey but usually they get cheaper on weekends cause it isn't the "business class" using them, at least that's what we found in New York.
That's the "Back Bay" area right? I've been recommended that. I'm thinking I may stay there one or two nights (either friday late and/or saturday night) and then find a hotel in foxborough for post game, because even with the train I've heard leaving is a pain, and it will already be like midnight. So I guess I'd get a car, drive early Sunday, and then drive back Monday. We'll see. Lots to work out, not to mention tickets to the game.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

I'm not going to be around that weekend for the game itself, but if anyone's travelling to Boston a few days early and are looking to grab some lunch that Friday downtown, I'd be game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Beantown, any advice you could give me on what to do where to stay? I'm thinking of coming in late that Friday night, taking some sights on Saturday and then game Sunday. Any protips would be welcomed.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Beantown, any advice you could give me on what to do where to stay? I'm thinking of coming in late that Friday night, taking some sights on Saturday and then game Sunday. Any protips would be welcomed.
I work in what's called the Seaport District. I would stay in a hotel over there (Seaport Hotel, Intercontinental, or Westin Waterfront if they're in your budget - prices can vary by day and week). It's a close walk to South Station which is where you'll need to catch the train to Foxborough for the game and it's a short t ride to and from the airport (silver line).

Seaport also has a ton of new, good quality restaurants at all price levels along with the Harpoon and Sam Adams Breweries close by.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Denver Broncos