The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #351
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Anybody else think Boldin has a shot to earn a spot next year? He's done.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #352
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I didn't know much about this kid and most of the Orangemane GM's were saying this guy was a huge reach and was a bad pick. I like what I have seen so far out him. He has broke up several passes and he brings the big hits in the secondary.
Needs to wrap up when he tackles but has a lot of upside
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #353
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,150

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Needs to wrap up when he tackles but has a lot of upside
just what i was thinking... but man he is FUN to watch out there!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #354
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Anybody else think Boldin has a shot to earn a spot next year? He's done.
Depends on what the Broncos want to do with DRC, Champ, Harris, etc. -- I think all of them (outside Bailey perhaps) are all having their contracts come up. I could see him being a reserve guy, but he hasn't really proven much. Since he is on the cheap, he might make a good dime back. I believe Carter is an RFA as well. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #355
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
just what i was thinking... but man he is FUN to watch out there!
Yeah, he doesn't rely on his tackling skills (weird) as he does on his hits.
I love that he's physical, but needs to learn to wrap 'em up
He puts hits on people and he doesn't expect them to get up. It happened last night, he put a hit on a Raider player (I don't remember who) the guy went down and he stood there looking down on the guy, the guy got up quickly and ran the ball another extra 5-6 yards before getting swarmed into the turf... (4th qtr I think this was)
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #356
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang
 
schaaf's Avatar
 
Abe's giving em the biznez

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Yeah, he doesn't rely on his tackling skills (weird) as he does on his hits.
I love that he's physical, but needs to learn to wrap 'em up
He puts hits on people and he doesn't expect them to get up. It happened last night, he put a hit on a Raider player (I don't remember who) the guy went down and he stood there looking down on the guy, the guy got up quickly and ran the ball another extra 5-6 yards before getting swarmed into the turf... (4th qtr I think this was)
Yeah, I watched it too. It was Marcel Reece. That hit will work on the smaller receivers but you get a big bodied fullback or running back they'll just keep on trucking
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #357
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,375
Default

Webster looks really good so far. Has obvious rookie mistake issues but he's showing some nice flashes.

Bolden will be fine. He's just taking a bit to learn his role and with him now being a safety he would out of position on a few plays when they put him back at CB after DRC was gimpy.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #358
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
So far, the score is:

Elway 1
World 0

The kid looks good. Real good.
Oh it's a lot more than that

Webster,Wolfe,Trevathan,Franklin,Thomas were all really good picks that at the time were vilified for picking those players over another more well thought of one.

Hillman is starting to come around as well so he could be another guy Elway and co were right about.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #359
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Oh it's a lot more than that

Webster,Wolfe,Trevathan,Franklin,Thomas were all really good picks that at the time were vilified for picking those players over another more well thought of one.

Hillman is starting to come around as well so he could be another guy Elway and co were right about.
Hillman had his best game yet...I agree.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #360
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"“That guy, I've been saying he’s going to be a player. I just think Kayvon’s going to have a long career in this league," said Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard. “He’s going to be one of those guys who is a dominant corner in the future, take my word on that."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...a-quality-find
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #361
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer
 
Finger Roll's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Oh it's a lot more than that

Webster,Wolfe,Trevathan,Franklin,Thomas were all really good picks that at the time were vilified for picking those players over another more well thought of one.

Hillman is starting to come around as well so he could be another guy Elway and co were right about.
Nate Irving is turning out to be a nice 3 rd round pick
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #362
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
As many have said before there isn't a whole lot of difference between these guys now taken in the 3rd-6th or so.
probably the dumbest thing said in this thread but I had to post right when I saw this on page one.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #363
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Yeah, he doesn't rely on his tackling skills (weird) as he does on his hits.
I love that he's physical, but needs to learn to wrap 'em up
He puts hits on people and he doesn't expect them to get up. It happened last night, he put a hit on a Raider player (I don't remember who) the guy went down and he stood there looking down on the guy, the guy got up quickly and ran the ball another extra 5-6 yards before getting swarmed into the turf... (4th qtr I think this was)
It is the ESPN effect aka Top 10 plays. Guys think that it is best to knock them and watch them fall instead of playing as a team guy and just tackle the SOB and stop him right there. A successful hit or tackle is the same result on the field as the ball is spotted where it happens and not where he lands. Therefore, each player should be safe and just wrap the guy up and drive him to the ground.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #364
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
probably the dumbest thing said in this thread but I had to post right when I saw this on page one.
Why is that a dumb thing to say? As a Broncos fan, of all teams, you should see some truth in it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #365
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,851

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Why is that a dumb thing to say? As a Broncos fan, of all teams, you should see some truth in it.
he said Now taken" which no longer happens to us. 3rd round compared to 6th round is nuts.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #366
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
It is the ESPN effect aka Top 10 plays. Guys think that it is best to knock them and watch them fall instead of playing as a team guy and just tackle the SOB and stop him right there. A successful hit or tackle is the same result on the field as the ball is spotted where it happens and not where he lands. Therefore, each player should be safe and just wrap the guy up and drive him to the ground.
Champ said yesterday while Kavon has been good this is one problem area he sees in his game. I'm sure Kavon will listen whether he heeds his advice is another matter
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #367
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
KillerBronco#76's Avatar
 
"The Beast" From the east

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76 View Post
I have watched a lot of usf football and am familiar with Webster. He is an extremely hard worker and competitor. he takes it personal if he does not finish first in any drill in practice and does not get frustrated if he does not. He keeps a steady mind will work to improve that drill until he does finish first... and he does finish first, he makes sure of it. This work ethic and mental maturity mixed with a lot of natural athletic ability and excellent reaction time points to why we made this pick. A blue collar , no fear attitude, this will fit right in with what Fox & Rio are trying implement on our defense.

P.S. He is not a safety and this would be a waste of his talents and C.O.D. skills. Is incredibly agile, it is difficult to see with USF playing so much zone as has been previously mentioned. He is quicker than you think...
I still stand by what I said here...
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #368
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Bump -- if this is how well Matt Russell evaluates talent while he's drunk, imagine how he'll do sober!

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #369
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I didn't know much about this kid and most of the Orangemane GM's were saying this guy was a huge reach and was a bad pick. I like what I have seen so far out him. He has broke up several passes and he brings the big hits in the secondary.
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #370
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic
 
s0phr0syne's Avatar
 
Absorb and Redirect

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.

Feels like he's really made dramatic improvements from early in the season...bodes well for his future if he can continue an upward trajectory.

Anyone else think he just looks ridiculously long out there? He just looks bigger than the 5'11'' listing... Been playing lights out recently.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #371
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.
This. I expected special teams contributor and maybe a quarter in CB blitz situations because of his size/speed/strength abilities.

I think he's CB # 2 behind DRC next season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #372
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Feels like he's really made dramatic improvements from early in the season...bodes well for his future if he can continue an upward trajectory.

Anyone else think he just looks ridiculously long out there? He just looks bigger than the 5'11'' listing... Been playing lights out recently.
oh wow really? he looks huge out there
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #373
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't feel that strongly, but Kayvon's been a LOT better than I ever expected to him be and a lot sooner, too.
This. I expected special teams contributor and maybe a quarter in CB blitz situations because of his size/speed/strength abilities.

I think he's CB # 2 behind DRC next season.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #374
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

He proved me wrong. He is doing great.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #375
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,949
Default

I defended the pick, his draft slot from the get go.
He's been vastly better than his draft slot for sure
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Denver Broncos