The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #276
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I hope. I remember another CB we drafted,delta O'Neal,who didn't switch to CB til college,turned out to be a bust for Denver.
a two time pro bowl player who had 34 career INT's and 2 seasons in which he had 9+ INT's isn't a bust.
he didn't become our dominant CB like we had hoped but he damn sure wasn't a bust.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #277
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
a two time pro bowl player who had 34 career INT's and 2 seasons in which he had 9+ INT's isn't a bust.
he didn't become our dominant CB like we had hoped but he damn sure wasn't a bust.
He got burnt on a regular basis with us here in Denver. He got lucky cause QBs loved throwing his way. He had 15 ints in his 4 yrs with us,5 of which came in one game against KC.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #278
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Deltha wasn't a bust. He was an opportunistic corner who created his share of big plays (3 INT's off Tom Brady in 03' if I recall correctly) but also gave up a lot of plays based off his inconsistency as well. He was very similar to Darien Gordon when he was here.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #279
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Deltha wasn't a bust. He was an opportunistic corner who created his share of big plays (3 INT's off Tom Brady in 03' if I recall correctly) but also gave up a lot of plays based off his inconsistency as well. He was very similar to Darien Gordon when he was here.
Detha was not a bust, he played 10 years or so in the NFL, I believe 9 of those years he was a starter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #280
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I hope. I remember another CB we drafted,delta O'Neal,who didn't switch to CB til college,turned out to be a bust for Denver.
Joe Haden came to Florida as a QB from HS but Tebow was there... then Haden switched to WR but Harvin was there...then he finally switched to CB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #281
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He got burnt on a regular basis with us here in Denver. He got lucky cause QBs loved throwing his way. He had 15 ints in his 4 yrs with us,5 of which came in one game against KC.
a two time pro bowler is not a bust.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #282
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He got burnt on a regular basis with us here in Denver. He got lucky cause QBs loved throwing his way. He had 15 ints in his 4 yrs with us,5 of which came in one game against KC.
Delta's career is completely irrelevant to Webster. Not sure why you would want to equate the two.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #283
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
cover like you're water in the sea, hit like a mack truck and tackle like he stole something from you.
if he can do that he will be a fine CB for us
Sounds simple enough. He's gonna have to show real ability right out the gate with this team, or he'll drop down the depth chart like a rock. We'll find out soon.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #284
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Deltha was a good corner... and I think had we had Champ, we should have kept him. He was a good #2.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #285
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Delta's career is completely irrelevant to Webster. Not sure why you would want to equate the two.
Not necessarily equating the two, I just stated originally that I hope he does well for us,cause we had another CB that didn't.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #286
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Not necessarily equating the two, I just stated originally that I hope he does well for us,cause we had another CB that didn't.
Deltha wasn't a bad CB. probably the best CB Denver had for a couple years. Not every corner can be Champ Bailey
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #287
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 6,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Deltha wasn't a bad CB. probably the best CB Denver had for a couple years. Not every corner can be Champ Bailey
Deltha got in Shannys dog house ( and in most of the mane posters doghouses too) after the New England game where Danny Kanell had to start because Plummer was injured. Deltha gave up the late TD that won it for Brady and the Pats.

I always felt that loss was on Shanahan for his poor play selection at the end of the third and middle 4th quarters. Two or three 3 and outs that were pass, pass, pass with our second rate QB in , and no runs, were the reason Brady had the last 2 minutes to score. Run three times there and he never had the last 2 minutes to score. If you keep giving the other team chances eventually they are going to hit one and they did. The fact it was to Delthas side was more happenstance than anything else. The Defense had held them for most of the game, and continually giving them the ball back was bound to bite us.

So Shanny made Deltha the goat, and benched him, eventually leading to his leaving.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #288
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Deltha got in Shannys dog house ( and in most of the mane posters doghouses too) after the New England game where Danny Kanell had to start because Plummer was injured. Deltha gave up the late TD that won it for Brady and the Pats.

I always felt that loss was on Shanahan for his poor play selection at the end of the third and middle 4th quarters. Two or three 3 and outs that were pass, pass, pass with our second rate QB in , and no runs, were the reason Brady had the last 2 minutes to score. Run three times there and he never had the last 2 minutes to score. If you keep giving the other team chances eventually they are going to hit one and they did. The fact it was to Delthas side was more happenstance than anything else. The Defense had held them for most of the game, and continually giving them the ball back was bound to bite us.

So Shanny made Deltha the goat, and benched him, eventually leading to his leaving.
Not only did Deltha give up the TD in that game, but he also completely misplayed the free kick after the safety. You should never, ever start inside your 20 after a free kick.
and yes, that game was completely against us. Kanell starting, and then Elam unable to kick field goals causing us to punt on 4th and 2 from the Pats 32 yard line.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #289
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

bump
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #290
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,899
Default

Webster makes plays.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #291
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Webster looks promising. Can't say much more than that atm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #292
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,008

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Good call Med
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #293
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,802
Default

Him and Bolden will be intriguing to watch.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #294
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Him and Bolden will be intriguing to watch.
IMO, he has shown twice what Bolden has
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #295
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,734
Default

Is it possible Bolden doesn't make the team? Champ, DRC, and Harris are your top 3. Webster is a lock to make the team, and you figure Carter also sticks. So that's 5 guys. Do they keep 6?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #296
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Is it possible Bolden doesn't make the team? Champ, DRC, and Harris are your top 3. Webster is a lock to make the team, and you figure Carter also sticks. So that's 5 guys. Do they keep 6?
Yeah.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #297
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

What is going to happen with Jammer? Sure looks like an early cut.

These football plays had better be investing well.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #298
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Is it possible Bolden doesn't make the team? Champ, DRC, and Harris are your top 3. Webster is a lock to make the team, and you figure Carter also sticks. So that's 5 guys. Do they keep 6?
given the injury concerns at the top of the depth chart and Elway's statement that you can never have enough CBs I'd think it's pretty much a lock they keep 6
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #299
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Deltha wasn't a bad CB. probably the best CB Denver had for a couple years. Not every corner can be Champ Bailey
Certainly not with the modern era rules.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #300
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What is going to happen with Jammer?
He's in trouble.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Denver Broncos