The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #126
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
It wasn't really a big team need, but if Denver was high on him... I'm okay with the pick. No idea how long he would have lasted, if we didn't take him
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
No one is going to buy a Webster jersey, but I think we all agree that we're cheering for him.

Until he makes a bad play in preseason that will cause people to curse him, his family, and wish him death. Go Broncos!
He's a Bronco now. GL to him!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #127
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I wouldnt be surprised if the FO is thinking safety with this dude
Or maybe another big nickel player
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #128
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Here's what I don't understand.

I'm a frequenter of this board, probably spend more time on it than I should. When taking the draft temp, I noted that the consensus said we needed a couple of the following: passrusher, mike, safety...and RB and CB in the first two days.

Now we take a CB and RB and many are acting surprised and questioning the Broncos sanity. Tons were calling for LeVeon Bell and Eddie Lacy, but suddenly getting Montee Ball makes you question the entire stable of backs? Half this board was OMG over Rhodes, but now Kayvon Webster's presence is suddenly making you wonder what the Broncos will do with all the CBs? (by the way, this was a question i was asking long before today).

Make up your minds, people.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #129
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
since when is a nearly 200 lb CB with 4.4 speed a bad pick? you all were b****ing about needing to draft a CB and we took one. now you all b**** because it wasn't the one you wanted.

you guys complained about Bolden last year and he was one of our better special teamers. plus the staff is excited about his potential role for this season.
let the team do the draft and react during training camp.
Exactly. Plus the Broncos don't have room for a CB to start this yr so it made sense to go DL RB, instead of one of the more polished CBs. This kid has something Elway and Del Rio see and he has good measurables. Sometimes to strike gold you have to dig on the other side of the hill.

I love Ladanian Tomlindson on NFL network talking rookie rbs, he skipped Ball and talked lacy and Giovanni.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #130
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
They must be serious when they said Nate Irving was getting the nod for MLB this year...
I agree. I didn't think we would go first 3 picks with a MLB but I hope we find a gem tomorrow. Brooking did a fine job but he is on the wrong side of 30 (hell, 34 is stretching it for most LBs). If we forget about this position, I think we will be in trouble. We have the outside and praying some pressure up the middle will have us not worry about a guy like Irving taking over.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #131
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Still I think Schweke could maybe start at center so it will be interesting to see if this Webster is better then him or BW Webb who i thought would be the Broncos pick. I mean i was sitting there saying they are going to take Webb and this this Webster stole it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #132
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I agree. I didn't think we would go first 3 picks with a MLB but I hope we find a gem tomorrow. Brooking did a fine job but he is on the wrong side of 30 (hell, 34 is stretching it for most LBs). If we forget about this position, I think we will be in trouble. We have the outside and praying some pressure up the middle will have us not worry about a guy like Irving taking over.
Urlacher!
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #133
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Anyone think he'll be moved to safety?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Maybe some more journeyman vet types still will hit the market. I still think Freeney may have to come around at some point for an example.

I guess Urlacher is too old but whats Brooking? I still think healthy Urlacher the better player.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #135
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Anyone think he'll be moved to safety?
I think they're going to see in camp.

Klis was sure to list him as a DB and not a cornerback, I found that interesting
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #136
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
since when is a nearly 200 lb CB with 4.4 speed a bad pick? you all were b****ing about needing to draft a CB and we took one. now you all b**** because it wasn't the one you wanted.

you guys complained about Bolden last year and he was one of our better special teamers. plus the staff is excited about his potential role for this season.
let the team do the draft and react during training camp.
This happens every year for every team. If the team doesn't draft according to most mock drafts, and thus players most fans are familiar with, the drones get to whining. I don't think anybody had a clue to who Terrell Davis was or Shannon Sharp, and countless others, until they were drafted and of course the boos rang down. Patience everybody.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-27-2013 at 12:09 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #137
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Here's what I don't understand.

I'm a frequenter of this board, probably spend more time on it than I should. When taking the draft temp, I noted that the consensus said we needed a couple of the following: passrusher, mike, safety...and RB and CB in the first two days.

Now we take a CB and RB and many are acting surprised and questioning the Broncos sanity. Tons were calling for LeVeon Bell and Eddie Lacy, but suddenly getting Montee Ball makes you question the entire stable of backs? Half this board was OMG over Rhodes, but now Kayvon Webster's presence is suddenly making you wonder what the Broncos will do with all the CBs? (by the way, this was a question i was asking long before today).

Make up your minds, people.
Bingo!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #138
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I think they're going to see in camp.

Klis was sure to list him as a DB and not a cornerback, I found that interesting
TYRONE BRAXTON PART II
Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #139
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
This happens every year for every team. If the team doesn't draft according to most mock drafts, and thus players most fans are familiar with, the drones get to whining. I don't think anybody had a clue to who Terrell Davis was or Shannon Sharp, and countless others, until they were drafted and of course the boos rang down. Patience everybody.
i understand that but damn it's iratating to see this **** every year when they don't pick according to their wishes.
we've gone from 4 wins to back to back division titles and are now one of the top 4 favorites to win the super bowl. all in 3 ****ing years.
shut the hell up and let Elway do his damn job people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Exactly. Plus the Broncos don't have room for a CB to start this yr so it made sense to go DL RB, instead of one of the more polished CBs. This kid has something Elway and Del Rio see and he has good measurables. Sometimes to strike gold you have to dig on the other side of the hill.

I love Ladanian Tomlindson on NFL network talking rookie rbs, he skipped Ball and talked lacy and Giovanni.
i don't want to sound like i'm all for "trust the coaches" but they haven't really had any severe draft hiccups so until they do people need to stop complaining.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #140
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I only know what players are being drafted by reading the rankings and pre draft scouting reports. So........ i just wait and watch. I get excited when the positions I want to be upgraded get a new player. I get burnt out when we trade down because its anti climatic. I love trading up because its exciting. But when its all said and done I just wait and see if they become starters.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #141
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
Andrew Mason‏@MaseDenver49m
Fox: Had "trade options" in the third round. Wasn't expecting Kayvon Webster to be there. Elway says "he's tough" & will provide run support
Hey, I have the greatest respect for John Elway and John Fox, but really, WTF?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #142
pricejj
jungle

Kayvon Webster is fast as hell...not just straight line speed either. The dude switches directions quicker than a bird in flight.

Broncos met with Kayvon Webster at the Senior Bowl (complete list is in draft forum).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #143
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Read and listen to the opinions of pros that have played the game...don't trust the BS that is poured in from various 'experts'. Bball and Webster will be great additions to the Denver Broncos. They have all the skills and amazing fluidity through their hips...great change of direction. Both are solid NFL pickups. Once you see Websters blitz from the corner position on a RB or QB, you see immediate value-add....plays his half of the field like Champ does...more like a safety than a precarious corner. His coverage skills need work but the guy flashes Pro as hes in on everything every other down.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 04-27-2013 at 05:17 AM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #144
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Just for the sake of argument, you know, some of these "so called experts" actually are experts. Gil Brandt was in charge of player personnel for the Cowboys for thirty years. Charlie Casserly was a GM for 16 years and put together The Hogs for the Redskins. Mayock played the professional game and probably spends more time studying this **** than some FO personnal in the league. Some of these people actually know what they're talking about. Maybe Kayvon works out and becomes a starter. Then it doesn't matter if the pick was a reach. Right now, a bunch of "so called experts" are saying there were much better players still on the board.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #145
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
No one is going to buy a Webster jersey, but I think we all agree that we're cheering for him.

Until he makes a bad play in preseason that will cause people to curse him, his family, and wish him death. Go Broncos!
We should rename this the Late Night Drunk Webster Thread
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #146
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If Kayvon is good enough at FS that the Broncos can dump Rahim the Dream, then I give the choice a standing O.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #147
Drunken.Broncoholic

If he has blazing speed and turns on a dime, why was he rated among the lowest in his position class? I don't know much about him.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #148
pricejj
jungle

Watch his combine. Dude is lightning quick.

pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #149
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
ST ace?
That's likely his number one role this year while he gets up to speed with NFL coverage. No doubt his strength, aggressive tackling and burst toward to ball carrier ( see film of his QB sacks) was a big reason he was this high on their board. Can easily replace Lance Ball, for instance, on special teams.

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-27-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #150
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If he has blazing speed and turns on a dime, why was he rated among the lowest in his position class? I don't know much about him.
Remember that Chris Harris wasn't rated at all. Despite being a 4 yr starter, he was so obscure that he wasn't invited to the combine. Mike Mayock saw him in a preseason game and admitted he had never heard of him, and kind of apologized for it.

What this tells me is this scouting dept and FO staff is real good at finding gems that others don't. They simply had higher grades on Webster than the "experts", that is all. We may find out this Aug if the FO was right or not.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote