The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Default DJ Hayden

What...the....hell....

Mayock has him now as his #1 CB and said he'll be a Top 20 Selection. He also stated that most, but not all, teams have cleared him medically in concerns to his heart injury (Probably after consulting the Army Rangers!)

Seriously, did anyone see THIS coming?

I thought he was a 3rd - 5th Round talent at best if he was completely healthy, and that his heart condition might make him undraftable.

But Top 10 or 20?? From dinky ass Houston? His best tape is against Louisiana Tech for God's sake. And I'm not convinced Quinton Patton is that good in the first place.

This just feels too risky to me. He didn't even get to play in the All Star competitions because of his heart. Nobody has seen him against the top competition. And he's a JUCO guy with only 1.5 years in college.

I think this is ridiculous. Mediator, I know you like him, but isn't this a bit too loco for a guy with 20ish weiner conference games to his name
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Bmore Manning

I will never forgive you if I he turns out to be a star!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Shame on you MUG, It appears I might have the steal of the draft
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Shame on you MUG, It appears I might have the steal of the draft
MUG convinced me not to draft him.. I was high on him before that pro day stole my thunder!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I think he is really talented. Top 5 CB for sure in this draft, if he is healthy IMHO. However, I had a very different CB list than most.

Daniel Jeremiah rates him VERY highly at #26 on his board and #3 CB overall. I really respect Jeremiah as he has been very solid in the past and actually used to be an area scout in the NFL.

As for the lack of competition thing, great players emerge from small schools all the time. It would bother me more if his tape was not so damn good, however he was rock solid before he was hurt. He might take a little longer to adjust in the NFL, but heck Patrick Peterson looked awful and confused his first 4 games of the NFL. I really think Hayden will be one of 4 #1 CB's in this draft. There are a ton of #2 CB's as well, maybe 10 by my count. Really deep CB class, even with the Slot guys.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Bmore Manning

Cincy may take him in the first... Mike Zimmer has been watching lots of tape on him apparently..
Old 04-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Hayden looks real sharp and crisp in his cuts, with excellent ball skills and closing speed. Hard to argue against him. I had Trufant ranked as my 2nd corner, but you can definitely make a case that Hayden is better.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
CEH
Ring of Famer

Trufant, Taylor and Hayden. Those three should start a run on CBs around 23ish
Rhodes still seems to be a mid 1st round pick

I think all three could be in that CB group for Denver to consider
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i'm not sure it will wait til 23rd.
my guess is 16-18 will be the jump off for CB's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
uplink
Ring of Famer

Greg Cosell also has him at the #1 CB. Cosell watches alot of film and always has good takes on players. I'd like to see his latest mock but can't find it. I think Cosell's views are likely closer to the NFL G.M.s than someone like Kiper.
uplink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Greg Cosell also has him at the #1 CB. Cosell watches alot of film and always has good takes on players. I'd like to see his latest mock but can't find it. I think Cosell's views are likely closer to the NFL G.M.s than someone like Kiper.

Here you are:
http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/c...P11_hot_topics

Edit: This is 2012 haha!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I am ashamed to have been a DJ Hayden haaaaaayddddeeer.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:

D.J. Hayden works out for teams in Houston

Quote:

Posted by Josh Alper on April 22, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
AP Based on his performance alone, Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden was going to be a name to watch in the 2013 draft.
The fact that he survived a freak injury during a Cougars practice last season that could have ended his life has made people pay even closer attention. Hayden severed his inferior vena cava, the vein that carries blood from the lower half of the body to the heart, when he took an otherwise unremarkable hit at practice and survived thanks to quick attention from trainers and doctors.
Hayden is fully healed now and Adam Schefter reports that he held a workout for NFL teams in Houston on Monday. If Hayden does well, he could wind up hearing his names called fairly early on Thursday. Mike Mayock of the NFL Network ranks him as the best cornerback in the draft, ahead of Alabama’s Dee Milliner, and there’s been increasing buzz that he’ll be off the board sooner rather than later.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-in-houston/
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Recent scouts comments:

Quote:
As for Hayden, once his health became less of an issue (following a freak incident last November), everyone began looking at his tape. One scout started giggling when I asked about Hayden: Fluid, athletic, he makes plays -- the praise was endless. I could see Hayden as the second corner off the board (after Milliner).
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: