The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I don't buy the explanation...and I'm not interested in one either since it wouldn't change the result. That's a lost ring. Its a big ****ing deal.

Im glad he is working hard but i wish he would just shut up. Nothing needs to be said. Just leave it alone. Its a source of great shame amd heartache. No need to discuss it further.
This...**** him, let's get Cyprien or Elam, cut his ass and let another team deal with his bs until he finds himself working at a cell phone kiosk in Baltimore.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I don't buy the explanation...and I'm not interested in one either since it wouldn't change the result. That's a lost ring. Its a big ****ing deal.

Im glad he is working hard but i wish he would just shut up. Nothing needs to be said. Just leave it alone. Its a source of great shame amd heartache. No need to discuss it further.
Yep. Telling the media asking you an honest question "shut the **** up, I'm not saying anything to you" would totally endear him to the fans.

Must be awesome, having never made a mistake in your entire life.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Duct tape him to the goal posts and throw turds at his head. Draft somebody better and get rid of his sorry ass.
Plan A MUTHA****AS!
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #29
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Rahim Moore knows he screwed up big time, but he went right back to working hard to improve his game.

He's a player still improving with upside, who outside of that awful play, had a pretty good season.

Getting rid of him or replacing him at this point of his career would be foolish.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Rahim Moore knows he screwed up big time, but he went right back to working hard to improve his game.

He's a player still improving with upside, who outside of that awful play, had a pretty good season.

Getting rid of him or replacing him at this point of his career would be foolish.
Agreed. Another player to compete with him and Carter as they grow is just what the doctor ordered, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This...**** him, let's get Cyprien or Elam, cut his ass and let another team deal with his bs until he finds himself working at a cell phone kiosk in Baltimore.
Yes. Replace a FS with two guys who are SS in the NFL. Lol. Good call.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #32
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i live and work 5 minutes from villani and XPE, i never knew he trained there.
I used to train there but I kept parking on the front entrance lawn instead of 20 yards back in the parking lot. They kind of got pissed.

Moore improved a lot last season but he will be stuck with that one, dumb play until he makes us forget it.

It is just ironic that the guy who nicknames himself "The Dream" is the same guy who is the reason Broncos' fans relive that nightmare of a play.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #33
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Replace him with Jamar Taylor. Problem solved.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yep. Telling the media asking you an honest question "shut the **** up, I'm not saying anything to you" would totally endear him to the fans.

Must be awesome, having never made a mistake in your entire life.
This isn't a mere mistake. It prolly cost us a SB....considering we played the Ravens tougher than anyone else. And I didn't say he should tell the media to STFU....just that he shouldn't discuss it further given the shame involved.

No one wants to hear an explanation. It's basic end of game football. You always keep a cushion between yourself and the receiver. There is nothing to explain. No one wants to hear it. Just work hard and keep to yourself.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #35
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
This isn't a mere mistake. It prolly cost us a SB....considering we played the Ravens tougher than anyone else. And I didn't say he should tell the media to STFU....just that he shouldn't discuss it further given the shame involved.

No one wants to hear an explanation. It's basic end of game football. You always keep a cushion between yourself and the receiver. There is nothing to explain. No one wants to hear it. Just work hard and keep to yourself.
We still could have won the game in OT, if we were truly destined for the SB.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #36
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yes. Replace a FS with two guys who are SS in the NFL. Lol. Good call.
Then Reid or Rambo or Swearinger or Evans or Vaccaro if he fall or draft a corner and move champ.

And if the daydream really is a great player in the making then we should be getting some nice value for him in the draft. Maybe a 3rd. But what he did was unforgivable to me. I'm ready for him to be gone.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #37
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Then Reid or Rambo or Swearinger or Evans or Vaccaro if he fall or draft a corner and move champ.

And if the daydream really is a great player in the making then we should be getting some nice value for him in the draft. Maybe a 3rd. But what he did was unforgivable to me. I'm ready for him to be gone.
Champ doesn't need to be moved.

Reid would be a nice second round selection, as would Swearinger.

Rambo has a lot of character concerns.

I like Evans as a mid-round guy as well.

Pass on Vaccaro, but he won't even fall that far.

And no, Moore wouldn't garner that in a trade. What we need is more competition at safety, Carter to get healthy. Plenty of options at FS/SS in this draft in rounds 2-4 who can come in and help this team. I'm still upset that play happened, but I am glad he is going to work hard to improve. We should be happy with that and try and move on.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #38
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Will never forget the game and that play by Rahim Moore.
Elway did a good job in drafting and getting key players..All that is negated by drafting a selfish player like Rahim Moore.
Hopefully, manning experiment ends in a good note and we win a SB..Otherwise, i will remember only that play whenever someone reminds me of manning days in Denver.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #39
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Cornerback Tony Carter, who was covering Jacoby Jones, was supposed to either jam the Ravens receiver at the line or continue to cover him downfield, and did neither.
i kept telling you all Carter ****ed up on that play. you don't give a WR a free release off the line and then let him get 7 yards beyond you.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #40
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Alphonso Smith....leaps and bounds!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #41
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:

This. If ever there was a time in the history of Denver Bronco football to downplay the cockiness, "Dream" persona and shut the **** up now would be the time. It was an epic sized screw up and one that even a decent JUCO DB wouldn't have made had you inserted him for one play in that situation.

Honestly, he seemed to be pretty flippant for having been directly responsible for the Denver Bronco version of "the fumble."

Last edited by razorwire77; 04-21-2013 at 04:56 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
SlyEli

He just turned 23. Give the kid a break. If he wants to own up to the mistake then good for him. If he wants to work as hard as he can to correct his flaws in the offseason then good for him. I hope he's great next year. I hope he plays at a pro bowl level. Those that are mad at him because this keeps being brought up should redirect their anger toward the media looking for puff pieces to make in the offseason. Rahim is just answering the questions that are asked to him.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #43
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Gotdamn, if you're the football equivalent of a centerfielder you have to know how to track the dang ball. Dude isn't a natural centerfielder, and tracking tennis balls isn't going to teach him how to do it.

JDR tried to teach him how to play Free Safety after Dennis Allen tried the year before, neither of them could teach a guy that is not a natural. Now some guy Villani is gonna do that with tennis balls? They're gonna have to find a safety somewhere in this draft or the next.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #44
Bmore Manning

Phillip Thomas in the second to play FS.

Duke Williams in the fourth to compete at SS, or Cooper Taylor a little later on..
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i kept telling you all Carter ****ed up on that play. you don't give a WR a free release off the line and then let him get 7 yards beyond you.
I'm still wondering why the coaching staff played Tony Carter at LCB period. They have one of the best LCB's in NFL history on the team - Champ Bailey - but they put Tony Carter at LCB for a playoff game.

And Baltimore went to the left side of the defense all day long, play after play. Be it with Ray Rice, Boldin, whomever. They attacked the left side of Denver's D. And where was Champ? Playing the slot, a position he is not suited to, is not used to tackling from, a position he rarely plays. JDR f'd that one up foir sure. Tried to get cute for some ridiculous reason in a playoff game. Broke one of the cardinal rules of life - if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'm still wondering why the coaching staff played Tony Carter at LCB period. They have one of the best LCB's in NFL history on the team - Champ Bailey - but they put Tony Carter at LCB for a playoff game.

And Baltimore went to the left side of the defense all day long, play after play. Be it with Ray Rice, Boldin, whomever. They attacked the left side of Denver's D. And where was Champ? Playing the slot, a position he is not suited to, is not used to tackling from, a position he rarely plays. JDR f'd that one up foir sure. Tried to get cute for some ridiculous reason in a playoff game. Broke one of the cardinal rules of life - if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
Champ was actually playing RCB that entire series, mirroring Torrey Smith...which was a bad coaching move. The Broncos knew before the game that Flacco had great success throwing bombs to the right, with very little success to the left.

That could be why Milus was fired.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-21-2013 at 11:15 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #47
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Sorry guys, but the Broncos aren't going to give up so quickly on a guy that had a tremendous jump in play from a rookie to his 2nd year. They will expect another jump this year, and based on his work ethic and attitude, he just might.

Health permitting, Moore will be the starting FS on opening day, and the playoffs. The starting SS will be competition between Adams, Q. Carter, and a high draft choice(first 3 rds).
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #48
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
He just turned 23. Give the kid a break. If he wants to own up to the mistake then good for him. If he wants to work as hard as he can to correct his flaws in the offseason then good for him. I hope he's great next year. I hope he plays at a pro bowl level. Those that are mad at him because this keeps being brought up should redirect their anger toward the media looking for puff pieces to make in the offseason. Rahim is just answering the questions that are asked to him.
Agreed. At least he talks to the media. I was one who wanted him gone after the game. I've since changed my mind. He is young and has lots of room to improve, and knows this. He is real with what happened and how he is going to become better. If he blows, I know the staff will bench him.

He has a personality and hes not a douche like DJ williams was. Williams had plenty of chances to change the perception he had with fans. Oh well...water under the bridge now.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Champ was actually playing RCB that entire series, mirroring Torrey Smith...which was a bad coaching move. The Broncos knew before the game that Flacco had great success throwin bombs to the right, with very little success to the right.

there were many reasons why he was fired. that said, playing Carter on Jones was a epic coaching **** up. yet had he jammed him or at least slowed him down the TD doesn't likely happen there.
i've never seen a CB give a free release and not get back into the WR like that.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #50
Cito Pelon

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Champ was actually playing RCB that entire series, mirroring Torrey Smith...which was a bad coaching move. The Broncos knew before the game that Flacco had great success throwin bombs to the right, with very little success to the right.

Was Milus the scapegoat for a poorly designed D scheme by JDR? I don't know, but it was a poorly designed D scheme IMO. Von Miller was dropping back into coverage way too much (not his forte) instead of rushing Flacco. And where did Baltimore attack? The left side of the D where Von was dropping to some thing they called "coverage". Completely different from what Denver did when they beat up on Baltimore in the reg season.

And it sure didn't work, but they kept with it the entire game, never tried to switch the D to stop Baltimore's attack. IMO, that's on JDR and Fox, not Ron Milus.