The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #51
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You don't have to be ashamed that you enjoy getting your "news" from FOX.
I haven't watched any major news outlet in years, but thanks for playing.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #52
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I haven't watched any major news outlet in years, but thanks for playing.
Interesting. What fair and balanced sources do you use?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #53
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Interesting. What fair and balanced sources do you use?
For the Boston manhunt for instance I used twitter, reddit and police scanners.

I just find it very old and tired for people like you who use the same dumb ass jokes about Fox News.

Do you really think you are being clever when you purposefully misspell it? Serious question.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
For the Boston manhunt for instance I used twitter, reddit and police scanners.

I just find it very old and tired for people like you who use the same dumb ass jokes about Fox News.

Do you really think you are being clever when you purposefully misspell it? Serious question.
Twitter, Reddit and police scanners? . FYI, you aren't supposed to be using police scanners and getting on their frequency. Good job on using great journalistic sources. Sounds like you have fallen into the trap of laziness like a majority of Americans who would rather get their information in less than 150 characters than actually read an academic or scholarly journal.

As for FAUX: It's called a pun, chubs. Sorry you scored terribly in language arts. Step ya game up.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No one is saying FBI blew it for sure. But FBI saying no we looked there was nothing isn't enough. Obviously they should have found something because the guy turned out to be a ****ing murdering terrorist. When our FBI is tipped off, finds nothing, then the person bombs the **** out of people yes something is wrong and has to be investigated big time. It needs its own outside investigator that is not connected to the FBI in any shape or form.

If the terrorists we get tipped off about don't get caught we haven't much of a chance to catch the ones we don't get tipped off about.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Twitter, Reddit and police scanners? . FYI, you aren't supposed to be using police scanners and getting on their frequency. Good job on using great journalistic sources. Sounds like you have fallen into the trap of laziness like a majority of Americans who would rather get their information in less than 150 characters than actually read an academic or scholarly journal.

As for FAUX: It's called a pun, chubs. Sorry you scored terribly in language arts. Step ya game up.
I was getting the news first hand…while CNN, MSNBC and FOX were all completely in the dark until about 4 hours into the actual news.

Hahaha…."you aren't supposed to be using police scanners." Sorry, I didn't get the memo. I'm guessing you still read your news 24 hours later in news papers…because you like the feel of folding a paper as you read it…or something.

Twitter is a great source of instant news. Reddit is amazing and was amazing the night of the MIT shootings. Up to the second news….all while CNN was either dead asleep, forming opinions about the news and simply just reporting false information.

Yes…I get it…you are being clever by using "puns" while talking about Fox News. Talk about lazy...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #57
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I was getting the news first hand…while CNN, MSNBC and FOX were all completely in the dark until about 4 hours into the actual news.

Hahaha…."you aren't supposed to be using police scanners." Sorry, I didn't get the memo. I'm guessing you still read your news 24 hours later in news papers…because you like the feel of folding a paper as you read it…or something.

Twitter is a great source of instant news. Reddit is amazing and was amazing the night of the MIT shootings. Up to the second news….all while CNN was either dead asleep, forming opinions about the news and simply just reporting false information.

Yes…I get it…you are being clever by using "puns" while talking about Fox News. Talk about lazy...
Best news source anywhere;

http://www.drudgereport.com

Another good source;

http://www.infowars.com
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #58
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Yeah, Twitter is great instant news!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #59
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
…keep watching MSNBC and John Stewar…

Old 04-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #60
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Another good source;

I follow both of those as well.

Info wars is great for crushing dip **** conspiracy theories.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #61
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Hardly the case. Where else would they get them? It is the bastion of right wing zealotry in the mainstream media. Pretty self-evident and I haven't had cable since Katrina. The chances that the people pushing such diatribe on here actually go out and seek out credible journalism would be slim and none. The proof is in the pudding.
You haven't had cable since you failed to make it on your own in Colorado and returned home with your tail tucked between your legs. Remember you told your life story on the Mane, so we all know you're a loser.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #62
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Another good source;

if it wasn't for conspiracy theories,those sites would not exist. All their articles are baseless conspiracy theories. Let's not forget info wars,Alex Jones, thinks the Boston bombing was a staged event to take away our civil rights.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #63
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No one is saying FBI blew it for sure. But FBI saying no we looked there was nothing isn't enough. Obviously they should have found something because the guy turned out to be a ****ing murdering terrorist. When our FBI is tipped off, finds nothing, then the person bombs the **** out of people yes something is wrong and has to be investigated big time. It needs its own outside investigator that is not connected to the FBI in any shape or form.

If the terrorists we get tipped off about don't get caught we haven't much of a chance to catch the ones we don't get tipped off about.
So someone or country accuse you of doing something that might be illegal the government should just arrest you? That what you are advocating here.

The FBI investigated, found no evidence of any crimes or danger at the time and closed the case. They did delay the process of him become citizen (which by the way seem to help isolate and be of the points of hatred that sparked this disaster), but that what the law required them to do. The system worked liked it was supposed - to ensure an innocent man was not accused or faced a crime he didn't commit.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #64
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
if it wasn't for conspiracy theories,those sites would not exist. All their articles are baseless conspiracy theories. Let's not forget info wars,Alex Jones, thinks the Boston bombing was a staged event to take away our civil rights.
You have never read Drudge have you.

And Jones raises some legit unanswered questions.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #65
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I have read enough to know,they are no more credible than your typical tabloid mag.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
So someone or country accuse you of doing something that might be illegal the government should just arrest you? That what you are advocating here.

The FBI investigated, found no evidence of any crimes or danger at the time and closed the case. They did delay the process of him become citizen (which by the way seem to help isolate and be of the points of hatred that sparked this disaster), but that what the law required them to do. The system worked liked it was supposed - to ensure an innocent man was not accused or faced a crime he didn't commit.
Obviously the FBI missed something or should have checked back on him. It was only two years ago and it takes some time to build bombs. They should have watched him more closely obviously. Going to have to be looked into how hard the FBI looked at him and what if anything they missed. Very bad incident for the FBI. To be tipped off on the guy and you still let him bomb up the Boston Marathon.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #67
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obviously the FBI missed something or should have checked back on him. It was only two years ago and it takes some time to build bombs. They should have watched him more closely obviously. Going to have to be looked into how hard the FBI looked at him and what if anything they missed. Very bad incident for the FBI. To be tipped off on the guy and you still let him bomb up the Boston Marathon.
Why should have "watched" him more carefully? If they didn't have any evidence that lead them to believe that he was threat at the time, they would be breaking his civil rights. An accusation by foreign government without any evidence is not consider enough to put a legal resident under surveillance.

We don't put folks under arrest because they might do something.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #68
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I have read enough to know,they are no more credible than your typical tabloid mag.
I don't believe you have ever gone to the Dredge Report site.

All they do is link stories from global sources. They write nothing of their own. They are a news clearing house. You are as likely to find a report from MSNBC or CNN as you are World News Report or INFO Wars
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #69
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
cut thinks we should.

He's one of those folks who will blindly allow a police state, under the guise of "law and order".

No wonder he's a right-winger.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #70
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Info wars is great for starting dip **** conspiracy theories.
FYP.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #71
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Jones raises the 'crazy' bar.

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #72
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Info wars is great for crushing dip **** conspiracy theories.

"Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed, But this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag."

Quote:
During a press conference on Monday afternoon, Dan Bidondi, a radio host for Jones' InfoWars.com, asked Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick if the explosions were staged.

"Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?" Bidondi asked.

"No," Patrick responded. "Next question."
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
You haven't had cable since you failed to make it on your own in Colorado and returned home with your tail tucked between your legs. Remember you told your life story on the Mane, so we all know you're a loser.
No, I chose not to have cable because it is a waste of money and I can watch all programming I want on the internet for free or use Netflix for $8 a month. I didn't fail in Colorado. I was done with my job, turned down an offer in Denver to come back home and subsequently bury three of my grandparents in a span of six months. I honored my grandparents dying wishes for me to come back and take care of family business. I was 25, free to do as I wished and felt obligated to close up the loose ends because of all they had done for me growing up. Not many people my age would do that, nor give a sh*t. Family to me is sacred and always will be. You already knew the reasons why, so don't try and get a low jab in. It ain't working.

I'm doing more than fine. I'm in the best shape I have been since I was 18, feel great, am happy and am glad to be moving on from all the sad crap that has happened to me and my family over the past year. These are the kind of situations that tear families apart, but I'm glad that I have done my best to keep the peace amongst them and make sure everything worked out fairly for everyone.

The sign of a true loser is a bastard like yourself who feels the need to divulge personal information vested to you in confidence (when you come asking me) to other people because you have a stick up your ass. I have no problem wearing my heart on my sleeve and being open with things. I have met people from this forum, enjoy friendships I have made and am thankful for what some have helped me with. Just like when we all got together to support Watermock when he had his tragic accident. The OM is a quality community.

I have a problem with people like you who think your sh*t doesn't stink and act like a fourteen year old when they are 30+ years beyond that. I have no respect for people like you. Not that it matters. I just find solace in knowing I won't be as morose and pathetic as you are when I'm nearing retirement. A lot of you "adults" are just mind-boggling. You'd think by the time you hit 40-50 you would be doing other things than engaging in pissing matches with people have your age that you don't even know.

I can't imagine my father or mother doing any of this stuff, but then again they are respectable people with good values and great heads on their shoulders. Unfortunately, you didn't hit the mark. Welcome to ignore.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, I chose not to have cable because it is a waste of money and I can watch all programming I want on the internet for free or use Netflix for $8 a month. I didn't fail in Colorado. I was done with my job, turned down an offer in Denver to come back home and subsequently bury three of my grandparents in a span of six months. I honored my grandparents dying wishes for me to come back and take care of family business. I was 25, free to do as I wished and felt obligated to close up the loose ends because of all they had done for me growing up. Not many people my age would do that, nor give a sh*t. Family to me is sacred and always will be. You already knew the reasons why, so don't try and get a low jab in. It ain't working.

I'm doing more than fine. I'm in the best shape I have been since I was 18, feel great, am happy and am glad to be moving on from all the sad crap that has happened to me and my family over the past year. These are the kind of situations that tear families apart, but I'm glad that I have done my best to keep the peace amongst them and make sure everything worked out fairly for everyone.

The sign of a true loser is a bastard like yourself who feels the need to divulge personal information vested to you in confidence (when you come asking me) to other people because you have a stick up your ass. I have no problem wearing my heart on my sleeve and being open with things. I have met people from this forum, enjoy friendships I have made and am thankful for what some have helped me with. Just like when we all got together to support Watermock when he had his tragic accident. The OM is a quality community.

I have a problem with people like you who think your sh*t doesn't stink and act like a fourteen year old when they are 30+ years beyond that. I have no respect for people like you. Not that it matters. I just find solace in knowing I won't be as morose and pathetic as you are when I'm nearing retirement. A lot of you "adults" are just mind-boggling. You'd think by the time you hit 40-50 you would be doing other things than engaging in pissing matches with people have your age that you don't even know.

I can't imagine my father or mother doing any of this stuff, but then again they are respectable people with good values and great heads on their shoulders. Unfortunately, you didn't hit the mark. Welcome to ignore.
i thought Pony was like 70 years old.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #75
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Why should have "watched" him more carefully? If they didn't have any evidence that lead them to believe that he was threat at the time, they would be breaking his civil rights. An accusation by foreign government without any evidence is not consider enough to put a legal resident under surveillance.

Its not ever illegal for the police to watch you. As long as they dont do an illegal search. Obvioulsy since he was a terrorist the FBI missed something or at least may have missed something. Or they didn't look into it long enough or whatever. The fact is they were tipped off, they looked at him, they stopped looking at him, he blew the marathon. That is the 2 1/2 yr timeline which isn't that long in FBI yrs.