The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #26
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
WTF does this have to do with Bush? Stop being such a stupid ****.

To the OP, helps if you include a link so people can get some details and perspective. Here's one:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/bos...nks/index.html
He is pointing out the inequities between how the media covers Bush and Obama.

This is a great example as is the high gas prices. Bush was crucified by the media for the high gas prices. Now that gas is totally out of control again, there isn't a peep about it.

And in this case, there was prior warning…much like there was prior warning before 9/11.

The media killed Bush for that, but in this case…it's not been brought up once. Obama gets a free pass on everything.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #27
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
He is pointing out the inequities between how the media covers Bush and Obama.

This is a great example as is the high gas prices. Bush was crucified by the media for the high gas prices. Now that gas is totally out of control again, there isn't a peep about it.

And in this case, there was prior warning…much like there was prior warning before 9/11.

The media killed Bush for that, but in this case…it's not been brought up once. Obama gets a free pass on everything.
Obama has gotten some grief for gas prices. It's as stupid in this case as it was with Bush.

There is no comparison between this case and 9/11. The intelligence community was warning the Bush admin that a terrorist network was planning attacks involving planes. In the current case, the intelligence community was given info about these guys and investigated but did not give the Obama admin any specific warnings. So you're trying to compare a larger scale warning with specifics from the intel community vs. info given to the intel community about a couple of young guys. There's just no comparison to be made here. Don't be stupid.

As for Obama getting a "free pass"? Please. Get the **** out of here with that ****.

Last edited by TonyR; 04-22-2013 at 07:43 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #28
houghtam
Ring of Famer

A list of intelligence some people would trust more than our own:

Russian intel on a Chechen
Iraqi intel on a Kurd
North Korean intel on a South Korean
German intel on a Jew (circa 1930s and 40s)
Joe mcCarthy intel on an actor

Anyone else have any?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #29
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

All of this while Obama makes a political statement by telling the FAA to furlough employees and to slash $600 million from their budget. Putting millions of Americans at risk but in the mean time he and his family will continue their lavish lifestyle and of course no delays for their vacation plans.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #30
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
A list of intelligence some people would trust more than our own:

Russian intel on a Chechen
Iraqi intel on a Kurd
North Korean intel on a South Korean
German intel on a Jew (circa 1930s and 40s)
Joe mcCarthy intel on an actor

Anyone else have any?
Obama intel on in Benghazi (telling Chris Stevens don't worry you're safe)
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

FAA needs to be decreased. Fasho.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Obama intel on in Benghazi (telling Chris Stevens don't worry you're safe)
Except Obama didn't have a history of ethnically/morally cleansing Benghazi.

But thanks for playing.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #33
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Except Obama didn't have a history of ethnically/morally cleansing Benghazi.

But thanks for playing.
Obama's history is awesome, the intelligence safety net he has thrown over us allows all Americans to travel safely overseas and feel safe on city streets and public schools.

I just don't understand why American’s are buying guns and ammunition as fast as it hits the store shelves.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #34
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I just don't understand why American’s are buying guns and ammunition as fast as it hits the store shelves.
Clearly. I don't suppose it's maybe because all of you mouth breathers have been duped? "The gubmint is trying to take away my gunz!!!" The gun industry is laughing all the way to the bank.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #35
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Clearly. I don't suppose it's maybe because all of you mouth breathers have been duped? "The gubmint is trying to take away my gunz!!!" The gun industry is laughing all the way to the bank.
These guys got their FAUXNEWS talking points down perfectly. I wonder what it is like to be a robot.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #36
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Obama's history is awesome, the intelligence safety net he has thrown over us allows all Americans to travel safely overseas and feel safe on city streets and public schools.

If you understood that the NRA serves the interests of the gun manufacturers and not the gun owners, you wouldn't have a problem understanding that. The NRA knows you people are sheep, they just have to make sure the laws favor the manufacturers, who are keepin them in business.

Additionally, you are totally missing the poit of my post in the first place, which is that people are literally suggesting that we should trust foreign intelligence about a person of an ethnicity they have a history of wanting to get rid of over our own intelligence, the fact that the foreign country couldn't provide any specifics notwithstanding.

You sir, are a tardlet.

Last edited by houghtam; 04-22-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
These guys got their FAUXNEWS talking points down perfectly. I wonder what it is like to be a robot.
Parrots munching on their Fauxnewz crackers.

I heard Zooey Deschanel was one of terrorists - at least that's what Fauxnews put up on their crawl. "Hey, they both have weird names."

Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-22-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I find it ironic that only liberals know the fox news talking points.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #39
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
If you understood that the NRA serves the interests of the gun manufacturers and not the gun owners, you wouldn't have a problem understanding that. The NRA knows you people are sheep, they just have to make sure the laws favor the manufacturers, who are keepin them in business.

Additionally, you are totally missing the poit of my post in the first place, which is that people are literally suggesting that we should trust foreign intelligence about a person of an ethnicity they have a history of wanting to get rid of over our own intelligence, the fact that the foreign country couldn't provide any specifics notwithstanding.

You sir, are a tardlet.
Point being the warning was there and I'm pretty sure that intelligence sharing between all nations is something all the nations want, just for such a terrorist attack, no? I'm as leary as anyone on Russia, I think Russian is pretty much as corrupt a state as any. That being said, the feds still have to investigate.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #40
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Obama has gotten some grief for gas prices. It's as stupid in this case as it was with Bush.

There is no comparison between this case and 9/11. The intelligence community was warning the Bush admin that a terrorist network was planning attacks involving planes. In the current case, the intelligence community was given info about these guys and investigated but did not give the Obama admin any specific warnings. So you're trying to compare a larger scale warning with specifics from the intel community vs. info given to the intel community about a couple of young guys. There's just no comparison to be made here. Don't be stupid.

As for Obama getting a "free pass"? Please. Get the **** out of here with that ****.
….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKdScVerrBU

And yes, Obama is getting a free pass from the media. To say he isn't is a joke.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #41
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Parrots munching on their Fauxnewz crackers.

I heard Zooey Deschanel was one of terrorists - at least that's what Fauxnews put up on their crawl. "Hey, they both have weird names."
Are you two having a pissing contest to see who can spell Fox News in the most clever way possible?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Point being the warning was there and I'm pretty sure that intelligence sharing between all nations is something all the nations want, just for such a terrorist attack, no? I'm as leary as anyone on Russia, I think Russian is pretty much as corrupt a state as any. That being said, the feds still have to investigate.
Have you not read anything? They DID investigate. They found nothing. Then they attempted to get more info from the foreign country, and the foreign country was unable to provide any.

Who do you trust?

I'm all for an investigation into how we came up with it and what we knew vs. what we were told. But you guys painting this as an intelligence failure before any investigation is not only completely ridiculous, but also counterproductive.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #43
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Have you not read anything? They DID investigate. They found nothing. Then they attempted to get more info from the foreign country, and the foreign country was unable to provide any.

Who do you trust?

I'm all for an investigation into how we came up with it and what we knew vs. what we were told. But you guys painting this as an intelligence failure before any investigation is not only completely ridiculous, but also counterproductive.
Yes, I read the link to the FBI sight and it sounds like they did some investigation but obviously there was some kind of failure because the last time I checked some bombs went off in the middle of Boston during an event where there were lots of people. I'm not blaming the just the FBI, but the entire system that's supposed to prevent just such an attack. The fact that the FBI was warned about these two simply points out how flawed the system is.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #44
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I find it ironic that only liberals know the fox news talking points.
Hardly the case. Where else would they get them? It is the bastion of right wing zealotry in the mainstream media. Pretty self-evident and I haven't had cable since Katrina. The chances that the people pushing such diatribe on here actually go out and seek out credible journalism would be slim and none. The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-22-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Are you two having a pissing contest to see who can spell Fox News in the most clever way possible?
Yeah, it is sure a pissing contest. You should have learned what "faux" meant by sixth grade. Sounds like you didn't.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I read the link to the FBI sight and it sounds like they did some investigation but obviously there was some kind of failure because the last time I checked some bombs went off in the middle of Boston during an event where there were lots of people. I'm not blaming the just the FBI, but the entire system that's supposed to prevent just such an attack. The fact that the FBI was warned about these two simply points out how flawed the system is.
I imagine there are many in the intelligence community that would argue that the fact that incidents like these are relatively rare, contained, and low-tech would suggest that the system works very well, but that's impossible to stop all attacks, particularly ones like these.

I mean lets think about it. How many acts like these have there been? How many do you think have been successfully stopped or not allowed to happen in the first place.

Like I said, lets look into what the FBI actually knew, what nation actually gave us the intel, and what the intel actually was before throwing our hands up in the year after the first incident like this in years.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #47
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Yeah, it is sure a pissing contest. You should have learned what "faux" meant by sixth grade. Sounds like you didn't.
Oh my god...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #48
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Oh my god...
You don't have to be ashamed that you enjoy getting your "news" from FOX.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Hardly the case. Where else would they get them? It is the bastion of right wing zealotry in the mainstream media. Pretty self-evident and I haven't had cable since Katrina. The chances that the people pushing such diatribe on here actually go out and seek out credible journalism would be slim and none. The proof is in the pudding.
I purposely avoid the networks because I don't trust any of the media. There's so much subjectivity and creative editing when it comes to the news that it now seems most, if not all, of it is corrupt.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I imagine there are many in the intelligence community that would argue that the fact that incidents like these are relatively rare, contained, and low-tech would suggest that the system works very well, but that's impossible to stop all attacks, particularly ones like these.

I mean lets think about it. How many acts like these have there been? How many do you think have been successfully stopped or not allowed to happen in the first place.

Like I said, lets look into what the FBI actually knew, what nation actually gave us the intel, and what the intel actually was before throwing our hands up in the year after the first incident like this in years.
fair enough