The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #76
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Lots of people in jail claim to be Christians. It's called jail-house conversion.

And considering this country is historically Christian, then most murderers SHOULD be of Christian background.

Does that have anything to do with Christianity itself? If so then show us the verses where Jesus said to lop off tongues and fingertips without mercy.
Religious teachings have always been open to interpretation and people often use scriptures to rationalize their own behaviors and beliefs. I'm sure that just like the Muslim fanatics bending their teachings and scriptures to justify their actions, you can find a fanatic Christian who thinks it appropriate to cut off tongues and fingertips, for whatever reason, who could find you a scripture they think says that.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #77
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #78
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Religious teachings have always been open to interpretation and people often use scriptures to rationalize their own behaviors and beliefs. I'm sure that just like the Muslim fanatics bending their teachings and scriptures to justify their actions, you can find a fanatic Christian who thinks it appropriate to cut off tongues and fingertips, for whatever reason, who could find you a scripture they think says that.
And this completely skirts the basic fact that Muhammad taught his followers to be violent against non-believers and Jesus did not.

Show us where Jesus said to cut off body parts? Go ahead. I shouldn't have to ask again.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #79
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And this completely skirts the basic fact that Muhammad taught his followers to be violent against non-believers and Jesus did not.

Show us where Jesus said to cut off body parts? Go ahead. I shouldn't have to ask again.
Ask your fellow medieval Christians for their interpretation of Scripture that allowed them to do what they did.

Unless you're willing to claim that those other Christians were wrong in their beliefs.

Yet another sectarian battle between various Xtians is afoot...
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #80
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Cherry pick much. Read a bible,there's just as much violence preached in it as in the quran.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #81
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

Dude, I don't believe Jesus said that. Reading comprehension. And if Muhammad taught his followers to be violent, and that's not another interpretation or rationalization, then I really have to wonder about the wonderful, peaceful Muslims I know that aren't following the religions teachings and have condemned what the fanatics have done.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Whatever Christianity did in the past is irrelevant. We don't know if bible or quran are true. They are things in them you can use to make yourself a better human. All we can go on is that right now Muslims have a big problem with extremism and the world is fighting it. Still though IMO non violent muslims not trying hard enough to police there own people.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #83
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Whatever Christianity did in the past is irrelevant. We don't know if bible or quran are true. They are things in them you can use to make yourself a better human. All we can go on is that right now Muslims have a big problem with extremism and the world is fighting it. Still though IMO non violent muslims not trying hard enough to police there own people.
True
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #84
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Chechnya has been a longtime Islamist hotbed of extreme violent terrorism...Ignore the history of violence people from a certain area of a certain faith have against people they dislike
Define terrorism.

The south has been a longtime hotbed of extreme violent terrorism by people of a certain ethnicity against people they don't like. Should we deport all white southerners just because of the actions of a few?

No, you'd say. Our Constitution protects the rights of citizens who did nothing wrong, it doesn't protect the rights of foreigners who haven't yet come here. And you are correct. But your logic still assumes guilt by association, and guilt by association pays no attention to national boundaries. I don't believe you have the intellectual dishonesty to somehow claim that guilt by association applies to non-citizens but not citizens, but you could still surprise us.

If you are claiming that all Chechens bear responsibility for the crimes that the few commit, and therefore none should be allowed in the country, you are also claiming that all white southerners bear responsibility for the actions perpetrated by their racist counterparts, and therefore, using your logic, although protected under the Constitution, they're guilty as sin, because their society is rife with criminal, terroristic acts, and has been since this nation was founded.

Now as someone who lived in various places in the South for last 5 years, I know that the white people who worked for me and with whom I associated were, for the most part, good people, and bear no blame for, say, two of their peers driving back and forth over a 26 year old gay black man(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Warren), three of their peers dragging a black man behind a pickup truck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Byrd,_Jr.), or their peers burning churches (http://www.cnn.com/US/9606/19/church.fire.stats/), to name just a few in a long, long slew.

Should we deport all blacks because there is a severe problem with black on black violence? Are all blacks culpable? What should their punishment be? Hell, considering the United States has only 5% of the global population yet 20%+ of the global prison population, maybe the entire United States should be deported?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #85
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Hence me stating the "refugee" policy earlier. So should we kick out all the people from Southeast Asia who are here because of political asylum too?
Are Asians blowing up our kids and citizens in our cities?

these clowns were posting **** on facebook talking about jihad and ****.....when some Asian clown does the same and blows up something, then yeah....shut their entrance into our nation down too.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

these clowns were posting **** on facebook talking about jihad and ****.....when some Asian clown does the same and blows up something, then yeah....shut their entrance into our nation down too.
You need some serious education on peoples of the world.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #87
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
You need some serious education on peoples of the world.
Likewise I'm sure.......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #88
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Likewise I'm sure.......
It is always something I study and pursue. I suggest you go to your nearest library or get a subscription to JSTOR and start researching political Islam in Southeast Asia. Then go back to your statements. Realize why people from there (and other places) are granted asylum. The two guys from Chechnya here are outliers. To use religious affiliation as a reason to bar people from this country is beyond stupid. I'm sure the woman I went and see speak a few weekends ago at a cultural event from Southeast Asia whose nose was cut off by crazed maniacs doesn't deserve to be here, depsite being Muslim and having everyone in her family but her children and husband murdered by whackjobs right? Total threats, huh?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #89
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Matthew 5:29, 30; Matthew 18:8; Mark 9:43.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #90
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I do believe most muslims are non violent. But I also believe most Muslims think that the terrorism is a logical outcome of their oppression.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #91
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Matthew 5:29, 30; Matthew 18:8; Mark 9:43.
Two problems...

First these were parables aimed at telling you that your spirit was more important than your flesh, and that when not guided by the Spirit, your flesh betrays you.

And two... he's always talking about your own flesh, not other people's. Muhammad preached conversion by force. Christ taught it only came from sacrifice.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #92
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I like how when it comes to guns, only crazy people use them to kill and everyone should be given privacy and the benefit if the doubt, but when it comes to religion, all Muslims are almost definitely terrorists and should be treated as second class citizens or possibly just banned from America altogether.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #93
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Two problems...

First these were parables aimed at telling you that your spirit was more important than your flesh, and that when not guided by the Spirit, your flesh betrays you.

And two... he's always talking about your own flesh, not other people's. Muhammad preached conversion by force. Christ taught it only came from sacrifice.
Most of what Jesus taught was in parables and every bit of it makes perfect sense if you know God. Jesus' teachings were pretty much to worry about your own sins and let God deal with other people's sins; to love other people as God loves you.

There's no problem whatsoever... "nyuk nyuk" asked for specific scripture references to "cutting off body parts" so I posted them.

Didn't mean to post in WRP, btw... "spaced" which subforum I was in...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #94
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I like how when it comes to guns, only crazy people use them to kill and everyone should be given privacy and the benefit if the doubt, but when it comes to religion, all Muslims are almost definitely terrorists and should be treated as second class citizens or possibly just banned from America altogether.
Yup. War, torture, and capital punishment? "Good". Abortion? "Bad". Corporate welfare? "Good". General welfare? "Bad". Military spending? "Good". Education spending? "Bad". Family values? "Good". Gay marriage? "Bad". I'm sure there's several more...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

The notion Republicans are against spending on education is a joke. The problem is the educational system not the amount of money we give them

War? The notion Republicans like war more then democrats is a joke no one really wants wars. It's just liberals are pussies. Abortion? of course murdering babies before they have a chance at life is wrong. That is a no brainer and one day in the far future a more civilized America will look back on the millions of babies slaughtered and feel bad about it. Like we feel about slavery, internment of Japanese in ww2 etc. Corp welfare? the notion both sides of our govt not doing that is a joke.

General welfare? what is that? If you mean handouts to lazy people then yeah but if you mean the general welfare of the whole country then Republicans are more interested. Military spending? Obama hasn't really tried to cut it. It took the repubs forcing sequester through to get any cuts.

Gay marriage? slowly dropping that objection and that is the right thing to do. But yeah it takes time for people who believe in family to accept that two men grinding their cocks together is going to do much for that. They can't make families without relying on adoption and the fact is not many gay people adopt so its a non issue.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #96
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I'm more interested in what out govt knew about the older bomber. FBI was told by another country he was dangerous. FBI says they looked into it and found nothing. All of that will have to be gone over to see if they made a mistake or are lying.

Our govt may have dropped the ball on this kid. We were warned about him, did nothing, now he killed Americans. The question becomes when did this all go down, was it something that wasn't handled properly etc etc.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #97
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Yes, keep railing against immigration. Please.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #98
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
[T]here is no direct information linking the North Caucasus to the attack in Boston; armed groups in the region, including the Dagestani branch of the so-called Caucasus Emirate the jihadist network in the North Caucasus headed by Chechen warlord Doku Umarov issued a formal statement denying any connection to the Tsarnaev brothers. The jihadists claimed instead that the brothers were pawns in an elaborate attempt by Russian security services to turn American opinion against the North Caucasus underground and against Muslims more generally. That might be far-fetched, but it would hardly be the line of argument the Emirate would pursue if it were suddenly using American operatives to expand attacks outside of Russia. The logical thing would have been for the Emirate to claim responsibility.
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...adis?page=show
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #99
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Uh oh. Now we're getting intel from Chechens about Russians. Someone call cut, the FBI needs to get on this.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #100
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote