The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #51
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,415

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Well one problem is whenever most people suggest we secure our borders, they're automatically labelled as racists or xenophobes by those who are liberals. As for the "peaked during the Bush administration".....congress is the one who makes laws.....and Democrats have been in control of congress for how many years?
That's because when one refers to our "borders" they are generally referring to "illegal" immigrants and mostly about one race, Mexicans, despite the fact there are numerous Canadians here illegally. There legal immigrants are not coming "across" our borders in the common definition.

Quote:
It's easier to answer the question by how many years have the Republicans controlled both houses since 1950...the answer...only four...and two of those four the majority in the Senate was 51-49, a razor thin and actually Democrat controlled since at least four Republican senators were liberal in voting.
Well if you are going to talk recently, the Republicans controlled both from 95-07. And I do believe if someone is saying "liberal immigration law" about a current situation, they are talking about current laws. During the above time period immigrants increased except for 03 and 04. Went back up in 05 and 06 then started to decrease with slight increases up to 09 and went down again in 10. So I fail to see that both parties aren't to blame. I've always said politicians love immigrants, legal and illegal, because they DO pay taxes and can be paid low wages.

Quote:
President Lyndon Johnson (D) signed into law the bill authored by Ted Kennedy (D) that changed our immigration law to the cluster**** it is today as it basically opened up the flood gates. Anyone who speaks out against the current cluster**** is automatically labelled a racist xenophobic a-hole
The bill was the Hart-Celler Act, thus was from those two men, not Kennedy. I definitely agree it did significant damage to our immigration situation. It was done because the civil rights act had recently been signed and the US felt embarrassed by an immigration law that eliminated Asians and Africans. And while the Democrats were in control, only 3 Republicans voted no in the Senate, 14 Dems voted no and in the House 10 Republicans voted no while 60 Dems voted no. So I'd say both sides helped it through.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #52
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm not ignoring anything (lthough I probably should be ignoring you). I'm also not equating a fellow Bronco fan poster with two murderous fanatics.
Predictably when the butchers are Islamists, the Star Trek maneuver comes up

Shields up Riker, evasive maneuvers!

Liberals need to come into contact with reality and realize that there are more groups worthy of criticizing than whites, conservatives, and Christians, and it's high time they start doing so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #53
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Your ignorance is bliss to you.

It's been ham-handed Russian tactics that have made the situation so horrible.
And it's never the fault of the po wittle Muslims.

Yes, Wog, we know.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #54
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
and yet amazingly you liberals point to the United States alleged wrongdoings as justification for Islamics hating us......why don't you lecture liberals on how two wrongs don't make a right and how it's very juvenile to justify supporting and understanding wrong-doings by pointing out others wrong-doings.
You mean like how it's okay for Muslims to hate us for accidental deaths in drone strikes but we aren't supposed to question the Islamic terrorism that brought the drone strikes to begin with? If it's okay for them to hate us for accidental deaths, why aren't we allowed to hate them for intentional ones?

What's with the endless double standards?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #55
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
At the time that the Tsarnaevs applied for asylum, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar were very young. There was almost certainly nothing in their background that would have raised any red flags; apparently, there was nothing in the father’s either. Here, [ David Leopold of Leopold and Associates, an immigration attorney who's been practicing law in Cleveland since the early 1990s,] made a key point: “You can’t predict future behavior.” For any democratic country that wants to participate in international society, Leopold pointed out, you have to assume some level of risk. Despite that, “the systems they have in place,” meaning those security screenings, are “doing the job.”
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...itizens/64397/

Perspective, boys. Perspective. Try it some time.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #56
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Predictably when the butchers are Islamists, the Star Trek maneuver comes up

Shields up Riker, evasive maneuvers!

Liberals need to come into contact with reality and realize that there are more groups worthy of criticizing than whites, conservatives, and Christians, and it's high time they start doing so.
I don't give anybody special passes, I'll criticize all of them equally.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #57
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,894

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You mean like how it's okay for Muslims to hate us for accidental deaths in drone strikes but we aren't supposed to question the Islamic terrorism that brought the drone strikes to begin with? If it's okay for them to hate us for accidental deaths, why aren't we allowed to hate them for intentional ones?

What's with the endless double standards?
You're accusing an entire religion for acts of a few. Should I assume all Christians are klnsmen,or supporters of McVeigh/Rudolph.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #58
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
According to the Feds...this Islamic clown they are looking for came here on a tourist visas...was granted political asylum, and given a green card, and then was granted US citizenship on Sept. 11, 2012......

no need to change our immigration laws eh, Requiem?
Hence me stating the "refugee" policy earlier. So should we kick out all the people from Southeast Asia who are here because of political asylum too?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #59
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Why not? He equates me with Timothy McVeigh and Adam Lanza.....he equates all gun owners with those who shoot up schools and movie theaters....he equates me with the KKK and lynch mobs.....and yet you remain silent the whole time he does.....probably because you do likewise as he.
I never mentioned names, I just said that your xenophobia and nationalism are abhorrent.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #60
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
you didn't have to....your very transparent there dude.
In other words, you're just making up **** so you can spew ****.

Got it.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Really? The Russian army are blowing up movie theaters, trains, planes, apartment buildings, subways, and schools full of children?

Thx for the info.
Why am I not surprised that you have no knowledge of Russian abuses in Cnechnya and Ingushetia?

Conveniently ignoring them?

Lol.


Derp.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #62
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
And it's never the fault of the po wittle Muslims.

Yes, Wog, we know.
Now, who said this:

Quote:
The problem with terrorism in Chechnya is that both the Chechens and the Russian army are engaging in it there.
Why, it was me.

You're too ignorant of the sordid history of Chechnya to comment intelligibly.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #63
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You're accusing an entire religion for acts of a few. Should I assume all Christians are klnsmen,or supporters of McVeigh/Rudolph.
Also the vast majority of murder in the US is committed by male christians.


Last edited by El Minion; 04-19-2013 at 12:54 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #64
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You're accusing an entire religion for acts of a few. Should I assume all Christians are klnsmen,or supporters of McVeigh/Rudolph.
I didn't say "all" were.

However, if Jesus taught his followers to be brutal against non-believers, you'd have a point.

Perhaps you should read some scripture before blindly defending a religion known in specific among other religions for being grotesquely violent when it comes to dealings with non-believers.

Why do I have to explain this ****?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #65
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Also the vast majority of murder in the US is committed by male christians.
Lots of people in jail claim to be Christians. It's called jail-house conversion.

And considering this country is historically Christian, then most murderers SHOULD be of Christian background.

Does that have anything to do with Christianity itself? If so then show us the verses where Jesus said to lop off tongues and fingertips without mercy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #66
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You're too ignorant of the sordid history of Chechnya to comment intelligibly.
Because when we're brutal, nobody else's behavior is looked at but when THEY are brutal, someone else's behavior is looked at.

I used to be a lefty, remember?

I know the script.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #67
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Because when we're brutal, nobody else's behavior is looked at but when THEY are brutal, someone else's behavior is looked at.
We're allowed to be as immoral evil as anyone else because hey, they do it too?

You have no moral compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
I used to be a lefty, remember?
You "used" to be a lefty like you "used" to be male.

Goddamn, but you're a stupid ****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
We're allowed to be as immoral evil as anyone else because hey, they do it too?

You have no moral compass.



You "used" to be a lefty like you "used" to be male.

Goddamn, but you're a stupid ****.


Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #69
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why am I not surprised that you have no knowledge of Russian abuses in Cnechnya and Ingushetia?

Conveniently ignoring them?

Lol.


Derp.
#1 2006, long after mass-scale slaughter by Muslims began and basically mentions political disappearances.

#2 has no information on it other than vague allegations of brutality.

#3 specifically states, "All these criminals have been brought to justice by the Russian Federation." Not exactly making your point.

#4 The final paragraph reads,

However, it would be unfair to blame only on Moscow for all human fights abuses in Chechnya. In fact, radical and terrorist groups in Chechnya destabilized the region to the extent that Moscow found it both necessary and easier to resort to military force. In fact, at the root of the problems in Chechnya, one could identify the difficulty of the Chechens in developing a social, cultural and political foundation for stable political structures, a foundation which could bring together the Chechens around moderate political values, and marginalize radical groups. Unfortunately, it seems that innocent civilians, regardless of their ethnic origins, will suffer from human rights abuses until such political institutions develop.

Derp!

I'd love to see you libbies JUST ONCE address Muslim violence without dragging some other party into it as if that party "makes" these Muslims bomb planes, trains, theaters, schools, and subways.

I won't hold my breath!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #70
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
We're allowed to be as immoral evil as anyone else because hey, they do it too?

You have no moral compass.
This from an asshat that attacks his country by blindly pasting anti-American propaganda from leftist websites without bothering to read if the criticism is even valid.

Break out of your pen, sheep.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,476
Default

Cmon we take people from everywhere. People need to calm down and not get xenophobic over this. It could have just as easily been some misguided homegrown Americans that do this ****. It's not Obamas fault, the liberals, or the republicans, Bush no one. It's the fault of these two individuals for deciding to kill. Now we clean it up and move on because were Americans and we don't sit around blaming terrorism on the fact our country is a melting pot.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #72
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,027

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Please do.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #73
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Cmon we take people from everywhere. People need to calm down and not get xenophobic over this. It could have just as easily been some misguided homegrown Americans that do this ****. It's not Obamas fault, the liberals, or the republicans, Bush no one. It's the fault of these two individuals for deciding to kill. Now we clean it up and move on because were Americans and we don't sit around blaming terrorism on the fact our country is a melting pot.
Cut

Nice post. The correct answer on this issue.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #74
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
This from an asshat that attacks his country by blindly pasting anti-American propaganda from leftist websites without bothering to read if the criticism is even valid.

Break out of your pen, sheep.
You don't consider any criticism of America to be valid.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #75
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Cmon we take people from everywhere. People need to calm down and not get xenophobic over this. It could have just as easily been some misguided homegrown Americans that do this ****. It's not Obamas fault, the liberals, or the republicans, Bush no one. It's the fault of these two individuals for deciding to kill. Now we clean it up and move on because were Americans and we don't sit around blaming terrorism on the fact our country is a melting pot.
Amen!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Denver Broncos