The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Im on board

...with an UDFA QB
Enter Collin Klein...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #27
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Enter Collin Klein...
he was my udfa in the mock

not sure i want him in denver, but nonetheless if he can be used properly he is a weapon on the goalline
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #28
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Lets trade up and get Matt Barkley.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #29
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

At first I scoffed at this, but considering each year I tend to throw an object at the TV during the Broncos draft this might actually be a real possibility.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd be facinated with Robinson as a potential RB. Dude has speed. At 5'10" and 200lbs he could probably add 10 pounds and still flash some excellent speed. But the Broncos probably figure him as an eventual slot receiver to replace Welker.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I think Barkley will be a franchise QB. Best QB in this draft IMO. I would love to have him learning behind Peyton Manning. Elway already spent a 2nd round pick on Osweiler, so let's move on.

Last edited by R-Mac; 04-18-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #32
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i could see us drafting Denard as a WR and offensive weapon.

but i could also see us taking a QB in the 3rd or 4th. a guy like Glennon,Bray or Dysert would be perfect to add to the roster.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #33
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I didn't like Barkley as a top 5 or top 10 pick, but I think he's a solid bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd round prospect. He's not going to rip the ball on deep crosses or down the seam, but he seems like an intelligent kid who's pretty NFL ready (at least as ready as a rookie QB can be.) He's basically a younger, more well groomed Brandon Weeden (although with less arm strength.) I'd take him over Geno in a heartbeat to be honest. Geno might have the higher ceiling, but Barkley certainly has the higher floor.

That being said, I will punch a baby riding a puppy if we take Barkley at 28.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #34
Denver724
Ring of Famer

I think a team should take a QB every year. It's just a good idea. The position is the most important on a team.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
I think a team should take a QB every year. It's just a good idea. The position is the most important on a team.
you still have to develop them and give them reps.
can't do that if you have a franchise QB and take a QB every season.
every 2-3 seasons yes, but most franchises carry 2 QB's due to only 1 really playing or 2 if the starter gets hurt or sucks balls.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I cannot remember who but I remember a few years ago some GM basically said, you should draft a QB every year regardless. They are just a commodity whether you need them or not.
Is the GM still employed?

Actually, what I have heard going back many years is that you should draft a potential franchise QB every time the opportunity presents itself, regardless of whether or not you need one, which is quite a bit different than drafting a QB every year and hope you got another Tom Brady.

I would probably agree with that philosophy, but herein lies the rub--how do you know they are a potential franchise QB, especially for picks after the first 20 or so? You don't, so the so-called rule of thumb is "easier said than done."
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #37
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I didn't like Barkley as a top 5 or top 10 pick, but I think he's a solid bottom of the 1st, top of the 2nd round prospect. He's not going to rip the ball on deep crosses or down the seam, but he seems like an intelligent kid who's pretty NFL ready (at least as ready as a rookie QB can be.) He's basically a younger, more well groomed Brandon Weeden (although with less arm strength.) I'd take him over Geno in a heartbeat to be honest. Geno might have the higher ceiling, but Barkley certainly has the higher floor.

That being said, I will punch a baby riding a puppy if we take Barkley at 28.
I was being 100 percent sarcastic.

This year's QB class sucks.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #38
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Our clip board carrying 2nd rounder helped so much last year we must be hoping for a command performace in the playoffs.
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
I was being 100 percent sarcastic.

This year's QB class sucks.

I would say it does not project well. You never know how a class will turn out. That said...some of these QB's are pure dumpster fires.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #40
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
I think Barkley will be a franchise QB. Best QB in this draft IMO. I would love to have him learning behind Peyton Manning. Elway already spent a 2nd round pick on Osweiler, so let's move on.
i am looking at Barkley as a new Chad Pennington. nothing special, an ok starter with mediocre arm strength. for some reason i think in 5 years Glennon is going to be the gem of this QB class.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #41
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Our clip board carrying 2nd rounder helped so much last year we must be hoping for a command performace in the playoffs.
the funny thing about our 2nd rounder from last year, is that if he were in this draft class he is the 1st QB off the board and a probable top 10 pick.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #42
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am looking at Barkley as a new Chad Pennington. nothing special, an ok starter with mediocre arm strength. for some reason i think in 5 years Glennon is going to be the gem of this QB class.
Pennington had one of the weakest arms in the NFL.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
i don't think Barkley is a franchise guy but damn man, even his arm is stronger than noodle arm Pennington's.

i do agree that Glennon will be the best QB to come out of this class.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #44
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Once Broncos feel Brock can back up Manning they will only carry 2 qbs freeing up a roster spot for an extra player.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #45
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Once Broncos feel Brock can back up Manning they will only carry 2 qbs freeing up a roster spot for an extra player.
they may only carry 2 active QB's on game day but i doubt they only carry 2 on the roster overall.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #46
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The Broncos will draft a quarterback, but not that high. If the team understands winning now, they need to do better than they did last year in the draft. Derek Wolfe was the only guy who got any starting time for the team. We hit on that pick -- as any team should with their first selection. If the Broncos draft a QB in the top three rounds, they are clueless. They definitely want competition for Osweiler and I agree that having the ability to groom others under Manning, Elway, etc. is a good idea -- but under no circumstance is it that high of a need for us.
That was actually well said. I could not agree more, on most of it. If they want to find a project guy late in the draft for competition for Brock, cool. But they are in FLAT OUT win now mode and they know they are close. I would not expect to see the Broncos use a pick higher then round 6 on a project QB. Hard to say though how last years draft will end up. Yes Wolfe got to start, but several others guys we don't even know about and it wasn't really like several of them had a chance to start. Brock, well he's being groomed and we knew he wasn't going to play yet. Hillman, yeah, I think they could have found a better all around back then him. He did not impress. He'll get another shot this year and hopefully he added some muscle and we shall see. Boldin I believe was injured most of the year was he not? Blake? Jackson showed some stuff early but for me he's never going to be a good DT. His only shot is a run stuffing DE. Trev, who knows, he did some good things.

But here's to a fabulous draft this year
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #47
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
My feelings on this is that it will never happen, feeling Brock can back up anyone adequately. Nothing I've seen.....or felt so far has given me any hope of Brock being able to do a substantial job at QB. I'd be more than hoping we picked up another QB this year if I didn't get the same feeling none of them will be a franchise QB.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #48
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the funny thing about our 2nd rounder from last year, is that if he were in this draft class he is the 1st QB off the board and a probable top 10 pick.
Maybe we could trade him for that top ten pick and get our DE to help our defense.
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #49
R-Mac

Quote:
Or maybe he would not even be a 2nd round pick this year. Look what happened to some of these QBs after one more season in college. Osweiler did not do much at ASU and, with few games as evaluation, he was drafted based on potential. If he were in this draft after an inconsistent senior season, there would be more film with negative aspects of his game and his stock could go down.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Brock Osweiler - QB - Broncos

Broncos 2012 second-round pick Brock Osweiler has reportedly showed a "power arm" in practices and VP of Football Operations John Elway likes Osweiler's "mental makeup and swagger."
Osweiler is "clearly" Denver's No. 2 QB and heir apparent to Peyton Manning, per the Denver Post. The Post anticipates the Broncos using a third-day draft pick on a developmental passer like Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert in order to get three quarterbacks in the meeting room with Manning. Osweiler is an intriguing long-term prospect in Dynasty fantasy leagues. Peyton turned 37 in March
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote