The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #76
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Johnathan Franklin - RB - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports a "number of teams" now have UCLA's Johnathan Franklin graded ahead of Alabama's Eddie Lacy as the No. 1 running back in the draft.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote late in the week that he anticipates Franklin being the first running back drafted, and it wouldn't be shocking. Per Pauline, Franklin is drawing comparisons to Frank Gore (one we've heard before) and Doug Martin among NFL evaluators. A true three-down back with pass-blocking skills and impressive inside-running burst, Franklin has a chance to be a late first-round pick. The Broncos could give him a long look at No. 28.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #77
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ezekiel Ansah - DL - Player

At least one NFL GM believes the 49ers are interested in moving up to No. 13 or 14 in the draft.
The 49ers have a league-high 13 picks and no more than seven or eight would be serious bets to make one of the NFL's best rosters. The Niners are likely to ship off later-round picks for 2014 selections while also attempting to trade up in the first round. They've been mentioned as a pursuer of West Virginia's Tavon Austin, but Yahoo's Jason Cole reports San Francisco "would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith." BYU's Ziggy Ansah would be a high-upside addition in the first half of round one.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #78
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Broncos could give him a long look at No. 28.
That's interesting...my bro suggested taking Franklin in the 1st to me last week. Kind of goes in line with your reasoning in the Broncos taking Lacy in the 1st. It's pretty apparent that they need an upgrade at RB. Franklin is speedy with good hands, and is a mass-producer.

Definitely could happen. Fox likes picking 4.4 RB's in the 1st.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #79
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

"The word is, Denver likes Jamar Taylor more than some other cornerbacks." - Bill Williamson, ESPN

They would have to be in love with him at 28 because I don't think he falls that far past there.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Vance McDonald - TE - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports "several teams" have elevated Rice TE Vance McDonald to the No. 2 tight end on their draft boards.
Tyler Eifert is the consensus top-rated tight end, but it appears McDonald is bypassing Stanford's Zach Ertz. Pauline's report isn't the only time we've read or heard McDonald's stock is rising. He's very physical on college tape.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #81
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports a "number of teams" now have UCLA's Johnathan Franklin graded ahead of Alabama's Eddie Lacy as the No. 1 running back in the draft.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote late in the week that he anticipates Franklin being the first running back drafted, and it wouldn't be shocking. Per Pauline, Franklin is drawing comparisons to Frank Gore (one we've heard before) and Doug Martin among NFL evaluators. A true three-down back with pass-blocking skills and impressive inside-running burst, Franklin has a chance to be a late first-round pick. The Broncos could give him a long look at No. 28.
hmm... not sure i agree with this notion. he's good but it seems like we need a bigger back.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #82
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Good stuff, DBroncos4life.

I don't agree with the Johnathan Franklin assessment, but it's nice to read some tidbits on some players.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #83
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You're welcome SSJ!

Demetrius Harris, TE Wisconsin-Milwaukee former BB players..
6'5-1/2" 237 lbs
4.52 40
36.5" Vertical
10'2" Broad Jump

Harris has visited the Chiefs, and hes due to visit the Ravens and Cowboys on Sunday and Monday, respectively.

His draft stock will be determined in large part by his Pro Day workout, which takes place on April 20. At least nine teams are expected to attend.
(I found out that the Raiders were there as well.) 2 AFC West teams
Hes spending time at St. Vincent Sports Performance working out with Pro Bowl tight end Dallas Clark Harris has a pro day set up in Milwaukee on April 2
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/uwmil...202876291.html
I wonder if he has said anything to Manning about him by chance.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 04-21-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #84
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Broncos | Have visited with two QBs
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:55:15 -0700

The Denver Broncos have visited with Arizona QB Matt Scott and Miami University of Ohio QB Zac Dysert in for visits, and they spoke with Oklahoma QB Landry Jones at the Senior Bowl. Jones figures to be gone by the time the Broncos shop for a developmental passer. Dysert has the type frame Elway seeks.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #85
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Franklin is sneaky good. He shows well in the games that he blew up. I think his best football is definitely ahead of him. I could never understand how some of these guys had him rated 4th round or as a 2nd day player.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #86
pricejj
jungle

2013 NFL Draft Invitees:
Tavon Austin , WR, West Virginia
Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama
Luke Joeckel , T, Texas A&M
Lane Johnson , T, Oklahoma
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Dee Milliner , CB, Alabama
Barkevious Mingo, DE, Louisiana State
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Eric Reid, S, Louisiana State
Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Menelik Watson, T, Florida State
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Last edited by pricejj; 04-21-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #87
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would like Jamar Taylor or Franklin. Both are really good players, but I would rather get a RB in the third or MAYBE the second.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #88
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Sharrif Floyd - DL - Player

Two separate NFL scouts told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is an overrated media creation.
It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."

I've read this on other boards even before this and I tend to agree that Floyd is being way over hyped.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #89
Bacchus

Quote:

Two separate NFL scouts told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is an overrated media creation.
It's worth noting Floyd had only 4.5 sacks in three college seasons. He's been touted hard by Greg Cosell, Mike Mayock, and Daniel Jeremiah, among others. "Those idiots on TV made Floyd," said one scout. "He's not that good. He's not better than Ziggy Hood." Asked if the Warren Sapp comparisons are valid, another scout replied "No. There's none of that. (Sapp) was just was more gifted than Floyd. Floyd is a good effort player. He's got shorter arms than (Sheldon) Richardson, and I think it shows. He gets kind of Velcroed on blockers."

I've read this on other boards even before this and I tend to agree that Floyd is being way over hyped.
When this whole draft **** started Floyd was in the 20's. Combine bumped him to #3?? I would be wary of a guy jumping 20 spots in the first round because of what he did at the combine. I prefer to use the combine as a tie breaker but game film should ALWAYS take precedent.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #90
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
When this whole draft **** started Floyd was in the 20's. Combine bumped him to #3?? I would be wary of a guy jumping 20 spots in the first round because of what he did at the combine. I prefer to use the combine as a tie breaker but game film should ALWAYS take precedent.
It's all Mayock. He's all about "flashes". Ansah sucked during the entire week of Senior Bowl practice, and made a couple plays during the Senior Bowl, so now Mayock views him as a top 5 pick. Floyd's meteoric rise is just as confusing. I would never pick either one in the top 10, even in this years draft without elite prospects.

Awesome that the Broncos pick at #28, has a big chance of being more of an impact player than the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers picks.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #91
Bmore Manning

Quote:

I have been saying this!!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #92
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Every mock had Floyd to the Raider. I think Raiders take one of the top two OT and said so in the prediction thread
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #93
kane0730
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
2013 NFL Draft Invitees:
Tavon Austin , WR, West Virginia
Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama
Luke Joeckel , T, Texas A&M
Lane Johnson , T, Oklahoma
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Dee Milliner , CB, Alabama
Barkevious Mingo, DE, Louisiana State
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Eric Reid, S, Louisiana State
Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Menelik Watson, T, Florida State
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Who will be the last one drafted? I'll go with Eric Reid.
kane0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #94
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Franklin that high would just upset me. I think he has better potential than Hillman, but he is a similar type of player IMHO. We need a bigger back.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #95
SlyEli

Franklin is a better second round pick than first. He's not quite the runner that Doug Martin is, though they have similar running styles. Franklin falls down/gets tripped up more easily though. I'd be happy with him in the second but first is a reach
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #96
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wouldn't be happy with him at all
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #97
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Franklin that high would just upset me. I think he has better potential than Hillman, but he is a similar type of player IMHO. We need a bigger back.
Word....plus Ronnie Hillman was the youngest player in the NFL last season.

If he puts on a little weight and builds on last season, he will be a perfect compliment for a bigger back.

Denver doesn't need Johnathan Franklin....they need a 230 pound back that can carry the load when it needs to be carried and who will still be going strong in January and not limping around on the sideline.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 04-22-2013 at 08:21 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #98
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'll be suprised if the Broncos draft Franklin, especially if there are other RBs sitting on the board like Michael.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #99
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't think the RB position has enough value in the modern game to go in the first round, unless its a major star and obvious game changer like AP. Jamar Taylor, I would be very pleased with at 28. I would prefer J. Williams, but I wouldn't be pissed if Taylor was the pick. Personally, I think he would be a solid CB in the NFL, but a top five FS.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #100
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I'd be happy with Jamar Taylor at 28 if we don't trade down. Franklin, or any running back in the first would just depress me.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: