The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love bell, but i like michael even more. About as strong, runs with a little more authority and a hell of a lot faster. However, put either on our team and I am happy
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
And you don't think that it might have something to do with the line that Bell was playing behind? They had injuries and lineup changes all year long. I'm not as big on Bell as most around here, but stats like that are worthless.
when he doesn't do good it's the line, when he does do good it's all his awesomeness. I know how this works. He isn't a first round RB period and if we draft him in the first round I will flip the **** out. I have RBs I like better, still I have no real issue with drafting Bell in the right round.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
when he doesn't do good it's the line, when he does do good it's all his awesomeness. I know how this works. He isn't a first round RB period and if we draft him in the first round I will flip the **** out. I have RBs I like better, still I have no real issue with drafting Bell in the right round.
Like I said, I'm not as high on Bell as some around here. I'm not defending him. I'm just pointing out that the stats you're using are skewed. Give me Christine Michael over Bell all day long.
Ziggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #29
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Michael's attitude problems and injury history are concerning.

Considering there are 5 teams (at least as of right now) ahead of us who need a RB and have brought in Bell for a workout, I doubt he is going to last to our second round selection.

I expect Lacy to be the first off the board, unless a WCO team or someone like the Packers who need a RB like Bernard to go ahead of him. After that, he is easily the next in line to go. Unless a top prospect falls to Denver (or they have a high rated #1 guy on their board) I expect them to move out and get another pick or two.

The Denver Post reported that they didn't have a lot of first round grades last year, which is why they opted to move down.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #30
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Kiper/ Mcshay predicting top 3 OT go in the top 5....

heard on the radio on lunch.

I would be angry as a closet Cardinal fan if they do not come away from this draft w/out one of these guys.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Yeah Req, I have concerns about Michael's issues as well. He may be off of the Broncos board altogether. The talent is undeniable though.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

E.J. Manuel - QB - Player

Florida State QB E.J. Manuel told the Dan Patrick Show that he believes the Jets, Bills, and Eagles are the three teams most interested in him.
As ESPN blogger Paul Kuharsky points out, draft prospects are often shocked by the teams that draft them. So Manuel's current line of thinking doesn't necessarily mean anything. Rotoworld draft wiz Josh Norris has predicted two QBs will be selected in the first round: Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib. Norris allowed that if a third QB were to crack the top 32, he'd expect it to be Manuel.

Would you take Trent Cole and 35 for pick 28? That would put a 4th round value on Cole.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Can we afford Trent Cole's salary? I think it is good this year then it gets to be bonkers.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Can we afford Trent Cole's salary? I think it is good this year then it gets to be bonkers.
He has a cap hit of 5.3 million this year and 6.6 next year. It jumps to 11.6 in 2015.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I still don't think we go DE early in the draft, I believe we're fine with Ayers starting, and that we'll pick up Freeney as well later into camp. I think that's already a done deal, we're just waiting until after the draft to announce it for competitive reasons.

I think MLB, SS, and RB are the first three selections. For sure. I'm partial to Lacy, Bostic, and Shawn Williams. But I'd be fine with Minter, Bell, and Swearinger as well.

I want DE/OLB Eric Martin in Round 4 or 5. He can back up Miller, maybe the only guy in the draft outside the 1st Round that has that skillset.

WR in the late rounds makes sense since we're short on depth, and I'll be thrilled if we draft any of my 7th Round sleepers from the mock draft game.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #36
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I still don't think we go DE early in the draft, I believe we're fine with Ayers starting, and that we'll pick up Freeney as well later into camp. I think that's already a done deal, we're just waiting until after the draft to announce it for competitive reasons.

I think MLB, SS, and RB are the first three selections. For sure. I'm partial to Lacy, Bostic, and Shawn Williams. But I'd be fine with Minter, Bell, and Swearinger as well.

I want DE/OLB Eric Martin in Round 4 or 5. He can back up Miller, maybe the only guy in the draft outside the 1st Round that has that skillset.

WR in the late rounds makes sense since we're short on depth, and I'll be thrilled if we draft any of my 7th Round sleepers from the mock draft game.

im similar to you MUG- I keep tinkering with my mock or how I see things, but I have had it listed as a trade back to end of1 early 2 and then doing this:

2a. Jon Cyprien- I like DJ swearinger better tbh, but my mock doesnt work if we take him later so i put cyps here. I just dont see them passing up a great SS

2b.Barrett Jones- as far as I know we do not have another C on the roster and the line played better when JD went out. We've also been real quiet about Centers.

3. John Simon- Now we can get our guy to rush the passer. Ive been watching a bunch of games last year and Ayers surpringly was not doing all that bad. Really, I'm serious. So I think we roll with Ayers, and like you said look at freeney if he drops his $. With Simon he is insurance and could be a baller

4. Christine Micheal- Now we get our RB...I doubt he lasts this far but I hope so. Another poster who is a hardcore Texas guy- and solid evaluator had some good insight on the off field issues about this kid. If what he says is correct, then really there are no issues that we would worry about in the future. He just went the wrong way about complaining.

5. Kev Reddick- I didnt buy the whole "were going to let irving and johnson and new guy battle out the MLB spot" but I think Irving is the goods and maybe they are telling the truth and not bluffing cuz they want Teo. Reddick is a late round baller who is worth a shot.

I wouldnt mind you guy eric wright, but I cant find anything on him. Hard man to see play apparantly. But he and WR would be good about here.

Thats how I saw things going down.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
And you don't think that it might have something to do with the line that Bell was playing behind? They had injuries and lineup changes all year long. I'm not as big on Bell as most around here, but stats like that are worthless.
the line my ass. he's just not that good.
i watched enough Moo U nonsense to see him for his time at MSU.
in the 3rd round or later he's a good get, anything higher and you're asking for trouble.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Teams Expect Barrett Jones to Start on PUP
Published March 24, 2013
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Alabama center Barrett Jones received a lot of attention the past few seasons. He has been a regular All-American at guard, left tackle and center while winning the Outland Trophy in 2011 and Rimington Trophy in 2012. He helped pave the way for a rushing offense that won three national championships in four years. He is one of the most decorated and accomplished offensive linemen in the history of college football.

At the end of the season, however, Jones sustained a lisfranc injury against Georgia in the SEC Championship. He finished that outing and played with it versus Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship. The injury prevented Jones from playing at the Senior Bowl and participating in the NFL Scouting Combine. Many in the NFL regard Jones' malady as more complex to come back from than a simple break.

Scouts told WalterFootball.com that their teams believe Jones won't be ready for the start of training camp and will probably start out his NFL career on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list. Being injured and unable to work out for scouts has definitely hurt Jones' draft stock according to scouts.

Sources believe that the uncertainty about when Jones will be able to take the field is hurting teams' comfort with drafting him. Scouts said they believe that he could make it into the third round, but could easily be a fourth-round pick.

Working in Jones' favor is his tremendous versatility to play four or all five of the positions on the offensive line. His best long-term starting position is center or guard. Scouts said that his lack of strength and athleticism point toward him being a third-day pick, but his great intangibles and versatility will also push him higher and cause coaches to lobby for him. Even if he misses the preseason and can't start immediately when healthy, Jones should be a valuable backup on game days.

While Jones may end up being a mid-round pick, he could be one of those mid-rounders who goes on to a long, productive NFL career with his injured start being a minor bump in the road.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #39
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Wow....that will drop his stock some.

That said, I still think someone will snag him in the 2nd round.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If Jones slips into 3rd at our pick you take him for sure. We can wait for him to heal then get a versatile lineman who is probably going to be an above avg NFL starter.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #41
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-first-round/

Vikings interested in moving up in first round
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #42
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-the-draft/

Bill Polian says Landry Jones is the best QB in the draft
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #43
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Jones slips into 3rd at our pick you take him for sure. We can wait for him to heal then get a versatile lineman who is probably going to be an above avg NFL starter.
Jones and Schwenke are my 2 top rated centers. In light of Jones injury update, I'd love to see the Broncos go after Schwenke to shore up the middle of the line. I think he's gone by the time we pick in the 3rd though.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #44
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

If that's true, then Bill Polian needs to take his medication and a nap.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #45
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-first-round/

Vikings interested in moving up in first round
I could see a team like the Saints trading with them to get into the Top 15 (if Jarvis Jones is gone). Also, it would be crazy if the 9ers trade their first and one of their seconds to move up to the Saints spot to grab Tavon Austin. That would be a crazy good pick the 49ers.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #46
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Arthur Brown - LB - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline has heard from "several people on the inside" that Kansas State LB Arthur Brown is a "definite" first-round pick.
Pauline suggests Brown's first-round presence would knock Notre Dame's Manti Te'o and/or LSU's Kevin Minter into the second frame. Brown is definitely a better player than Te'o, and he is more explosive than Minter. He's a prime candidate to be drafted at all of the spots popularly suggested for Te'o: The Giants at No. 19, Bears at 20, Vikings at Nos. 23 and 25, and Ravens at 32d overall.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #47
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Brown would fit in nicely in Denver. We have the hosses up front to keep him clean on running downs and he's good enough in coverage to keep on the field every down.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Barkevious Mingo - DL - Player

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, people around the NFL believe the Jets "would love" to draft LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo with the No. 9 pick.
Schefter's report aligns with a recent one from SI's Peter King, who wrote Monday morning that Jets coach Rex Ryan is "awfully smitten" with Mingo. Mingo would give New York the explosive outside rusher Ryan has lacked throughout his head-coaching tenure. The Jets need players who can sack QBs and score TDs.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #49
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

Jones wasn't even the best QB in his conference this past season.
this is why he's a analyst now and not a GM currently.
his ideology is borderline dumb in today's NFL and is partly why Manning has a ****ed up neck. all he ever talks about is getting a impact play maker and mostly ignoring the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
i had questions about how ferocious he was leading up to the NC game.
but he answered those questions in the game. between the McCarron ownage and straight b**** slapping the ND D i have no qualms about him being a Broncos draft pick.

i do think he'll go mid to late 2nd though because you know what type of player you're getting and he can play anywhere on the line.

Quote:
Arthur Brown - LB - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline has heard from "several people on the inside" that Kansas State LB Arthur Brown is a "definite" first-round pick.
Pauline suggests Brown's first-round presence would knock Notre Dame's Manti Te'o and/or LSU's Kevin Minter into the second frame. Brown is definitely a better player than Te'o, and he is more explosive than Minter. He's a prime candidate to be drafted at all of the spots popularly suggested for Te'o: The Giants at No. 19, Bears at 20, Vikings at Nos. 23 and 25, and Ravens at 32d overall.
i wouldn't say he's a better player than Te'o. he's definitely more quick twitch than him but i don't think he's better than Te'o or Minter.
i'd say he's even with Bostic as the 3rd MLB in this class, though i think he'll end up as a WLB more than a MLB.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #50
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
The Jets need players who can sack QBs and score TDs.
there is probably a team or 32 that could use those kind of players

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: