The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default My Bronco mock draft

Broncos trade 28th pick to bills for the bills 2nd round pick 41 overall and 4th round pick #105 bills draft Ryan Nassib QB

2nd round (41) Kawaan Short DT Purdue - This lets Wolfe play more at DE and gives us an inside 3 down pass rushing presence inside. Also inside pressure can make up for Doom as much as outside can. We have miller who we can move all over the field and bring from anywhere. Can start this yr. Not sure why he isn't mocked higher in other ones so maybe this is a dream he falls even this low. He would probably be worth drafting right were we are.

2nd round (58) DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina- Not because I don't like Moore because Carter got injured and Adams a journeyman until we have better. This kid can bring the hammer and has good speed and range. Can start this yr or at least play a lot.

3rd round (90) BW Webb CB William and Mary or Slay if he fell but i don't think he will. Or the Broncos could try and move up at this point for Escobar or Christine Micheal who I believe will go before they pick. Seems like with DRC on a one yr deal, Bailey old, Broncos have to take a CB. If they don't make a trade down they could take Trufant or Rhodes in the first and that would pretty much kill this mock draft. - He needs more time to be a full time starter but could play some first yr. This is the big reach of this draft IMO because other CB talked up more pre draft.

4th round (105) Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon. He's small but a total baller and at a mile high is the perfect sideline to sidelne player we need. Can start this yr or at least play a whole lot.

4th round (125) Brian Shwenke C Or maybe Stefan Taylor RB Stanford- We need a center period and this kid could start right now or by latest next yr. Taylor when i watch his highlights they are all strong runs into the endzone. Runs where IMO he makes it happen with breaking a lot of tackles.

5th round (161) Caleb sturgis K Florida - With lions needing a kicker and us without a 6th round pick Broncos reach a tad early but this kid kicked big in big games and has a strong accurate leg. Could start this yr and we cut Prater freeing up cap room.

7th round (234) Micheal Buchannon DE - Illinos- Needs to get bigger but can rush from the edge- hard to find much this late in draft.

If the broncos didn't get a RB IMO they would kick the tires again on Bradshaw. Also in this scenario I think Broncos would be saying we aren't worried about losing Doom and feel they can replace his production.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 04-15-2013 at 09:34 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Conklin
Outlose, Outcry, Out1st

easy to avoid flack with an incorrect first round pick if you trade it
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Naw still plenty for people to hate on. if i even got one right i would be amazed lol.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

You shoulda got the kicker from Florida State.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

I think your trade with the Bills is very plausible, as is the compensation. Well done on that, and hopefully the Broncos will do the same in the real draft. Picking up Kawann Short after trading down like that would be a real coup.

Trade a running back (Burkhead or Zac Stacy) for the kicker (WTF?) in the 6th round, and I'd be very excited about this draft.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I think your trade with the Bills is very plausible, as is the compensation. Well done on that, and hopefully the Broncos will do the same in the real draft. Picking up Kawann Short after trading down like that would be a real coup.

Trade a running back (Burkhead or Zac Stacy) for the kicker (WTF?) in the 6th round, and I'd be very excited about this draft.
Well I went on the theory the lions also want that kicker and that prater is on his way out.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
You shoulda got the kicker from Florida State.
Maybe
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Love Short. Not sure he is the best fit here.

Love Swearinger. Great fit.

Webb has been impressive, but I don't know if CB is the best value at that selection.

Dig the middle round picks.

Buchanon will go higher than the seventh round. I'd take Hopkins (Golden Foot) over Sturgis. Hopkins can kick it a fuggin mile.

I'd be pretty pleased with this, but we need a WR/RB somewhere. Taylor is a good fit here if you opt for him over Schwenke.

B+.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i don't mind it, but it overlooks the 2 biggest needs on the team right now. RB and DE.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i don't mind it, but it overlooks the 2 biggest needs on the team right now. RB and DE.
I wanted to get a rb but IMO teams rarely can get everything they need in one draft. Also i skipped RB because i felt like the Broncos feel they drafted Hillman last yr and can just add a vet on the journeyman pile to Hillman/Moreno if mcgahee doesn't heal. Also IMO DE not as glaring as people think which a lot of you disagree with me on.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
Bacchus

If Denver would have just kept Doom on the team they would be set at DE and would not have to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on one. This really has hurt Denver.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #12
Bacchus

I saw in one Mock Moore DE from A&M went in the third round to the Colts.... wow, if Denver could grab him with their 2nd that would be an amazing pickup.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos trade 28th pick to bills for the bills 2nd round pick 41 overall and 4th round pick #105 bills draft Ryan Nassib QB

2nd round (41) Kawaan Short DT Purdue - This lets Wolfe play more at DE and gives us an inside 3 down pass rushing presence inside. Also inside pressure can make up for Doom as much as outside can. We have miller who we can move all over the field and bring from anywhere. Can start this yr. Not sure why he isn't mocked higher in other ones so maybe this is a dream he falls even this low. He would probably be worth drafting right were we are.

2nd round (58) DJ Swearinger SS South Carolina- Not because I don't like Moore because Carter got injured and Adams a journeyman until we have better. This kid can bring the hammer and has good speed and range. Can start this yr or at least play a lot.

3rd round (90) BW Webb CB William and Mary or Slay if he fell but i don't think he will. Or the Broncos could try and move up at this point for Escobar or Christine Micheal who I believe will go before they pick. Seems like with DRC on a one yr deal, Bailey old, Broncos have to take a CB. If they don't make a trade down they could take Trufant or Rhodes in the first and that would pretty much kill this mock draft. - He needs more time to be a full time starter but could play some first yr. This is the big reach of this draft IMO because other CB talked up more pre draft.

4th round (105) Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon. He's small but a total baller and at a mile high is the perfect sideline to sidelne player we need. Can start this yr or at least play a whole lot.

4th round (125) Brian Shwenke C Or maybe Stefan Taylor RB Stanford- We need a center period and this kid could start right now or by latest next yr. Taylor when i watch his highlights they are all strong runs into the endzone. Runs where IMO he makes it happen with breaking a lot of tackles.

5th round (161) Caleb sturgis K Florida - With lions needing a kicker and us without a 6th round pick Broncos reach a tad early but this kid kicked big in big games and has a strong accurate leg. Could start this yr and we cut Prater freeing up cap room.

7th round (234) Micheal Buchannon DE - Illinos- Needs to get bigger but can rush from the edge- hard to find much this late in draft.

If the broncos didn't get a RB IMO they would kick the tires again on Bradshaw. Also in this scenario I think Broncos would be saying we aren't worried about losing Doom and feel they can replace his production.

Like Kiko and Buchannon, but not much else... Swearinger seems like a solid starter in this league, but he does not excite me much
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I wanted to get a rb but IMO teams rarely can get everything they need in one draft. Also i skipped RB because i felt like the Broncos feel they drafted Hillman last yr and can just add a vet on the journeyman pile to Hillman/Moreno if mcgahee doesn't heal. Also IMO DE not as glaring as people think which a lot of you disagree with me on.
what is this idea of bringing in castoffs from other teams to be our RB that so many here seem to love? Hillman didn't show enough last season that makes me think he could be anything more than a change of pace guy. and Moreno and McGahee can't contribute from IR. Ball is worthless. there is nobody currently available that can be a stud for us. this team was a strong runner away from winning a super bowl last season. if we had a strong back that could pick up a first down Baltimore doesn't get the ball back and we run out the clock en route to a super bowl. some other teams trash won't upgrade the position. draft a guy, Lacy, Bell, Ball plug him in and forget the position for the next 5 years.

and we do need another guy who has to be accounted for in the pass rush. 11 sacks and 6 FF can't easily be matched by a backup.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
what is this idea of bringing in castoffs from other teams to be our RB that so many here seem to love? Hillman didn't show enough last season that makes me think he could be anything more than a change of pace guy. and Moreno and McGahee can't contribute from IR. Ball is worthless. there is nobody currently available that can be a stud for us. this team was a strong runner away from winning a super bowl last season. if we had a strong back that could pick up a first down Baltimore doesn't get the ball back and we run out the clock en route to a super bowl. some other teams trash won't upgrade the position. draft a guy, Lacy, Bell, Ball plug him in and forget the position for the next 5 years.

and we do need another guy who has to be accounted for in the pass rush. 11 sacks and 6 FF can't easily be matched by a backup.
As you could see i had a few RBS that could be alternate picks in 2 rounds. So my mock is more because as i looked at the rbs and where we picked i had trouble pulling the trigger. Then in the rounds I liked them I sort of saw them going a few picks ahead. Did you read the whole Mock?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

IMO this scenario has Broncos getting a DT that can play 3 downs and rush the passer. IMO in our defense an 8 sack guy. You move Wolfe full time to DE and ask Malik Jackson to step up and play on 3rd downs. Kick Wolfe inside with the new rookie DT and that would be a lot of inside pressure IMO. The result would be less attention to whoever replaced doom because they would be worried about Miller and our inside push.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also Bronco man mostly because people feel rbs take a yr or 2 to learn how to block and make the adjustments with manning they wonder if a rookie could do it this yr.

I love Eddie Lacey but couldn't see the Broncos going that route so I didn't do it in my mock. I could do mocks over and over that would change on what you do with the first round pick. Obviously in this mock i have Broncos moving down. Still though in this mock it had wiggle for the RB from stanford who has blocked, caught, and ran so much I think he could play a lot the first yr.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
As you could see i had a few RBS that could be alternate picks in 2 rounds. So my mock is more because as i looked at the rbs and where we picked i had trouble pulling the trigger. Then in the rounds I liked them I sort of saw them going a few picks ahead. Did you read the whole Mock?
you have Taylor in the 4th and in all honesty he isn't any better than what we currently have. it is scrub replacing scrub.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
you have Taylor in the 4th and in all honesty he isn't any better than what we currently have. it is scrub replacing scrub.
I also mentioned in the 3rd round if they like micheal they would probably have to move up some to get him. If he fell though I think they like him, and they worked him out also i believe.

I think Taylor a pretty well rounded RB but your right in that he isn't a game changer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: