The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #476
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Greeeeen acres is the place for me. For example, this thread.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #477
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You identify yourself just like off duty police do. Liberals are such drama queens. Go marry your boyfriend or something.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #478
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Haven't you heard? The US should no longer trust its own intel, but rather that of other countries, especially Russia.
I think its pretty clear we have to trust intel and look into intel from a wide range of countries. Facts and timeline are clear. Our govt knew about this guy, was tipped off, interviewed him, then dropped the ball and let that Americans die.

Obama should think about aologizing to us and promising to do better.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #479
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If people were shooting up my neigborhood I would hit the streets with my gun and defend myself and my city.
Again, how are the authorities going to tell the difference between you and the bad guys?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #480
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Again, how are the authorities going to tell the difference between you and the bad guys?
we will be the ones not shooting at them.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #481
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Through communication. How hard is it to tell whose shooting innocents and whose not? A good cop can asses that situation easily.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #482
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You identify yourself just like off duty police do. Liberals are such drama queens. Go marry your boyfriend or something.
Like this guy identified himself?

Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #483
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
If people were shooting up my neigborhood I would hit the streets with my gun and defend myself and my city. Go ahead an cower in your homes with no gun if you're a p***Y liberal.
I don't think this would end well. I'd probably choose the happy medium and cower in my house with my guns pointed at the door.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #484
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Watching liberals try and say the FBI did a great job even though they were tipped off on the older brother is amusing to say the least.
What the **** do you know?! Absolutely nothing. You just want to b**** about something. GD! You're a Drama queen.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #485
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I don't think this would end well. I'd probably choose the happy medium and cower in my house with my guns pointed at the door.
yeah maybe. The point is you are better with a gun if people are coming to try and shoot you. If liberals want to rely on the govt 100% of the time thats fine for them. Go ahead and get let down. Your govt had this bomber handed to him on a silver platter and they still let him blow up the Boston Marathon.

They haven't a chance to stop everything. If a Mumbia style attack happened I would be happier and feel better about being armed then sitting around hoping the police will come save you.

And if I saw someone shooting up my neighbors you can bet i would go out and take my chances. We know our neighbors and you wouldn't have a problem picking out the killers IMO.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #486
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What the **** do you know?! Absolutely nothing. You just want to b**** about something. GD! You're a Drama queen.
Yeah pesky me that expects terrorists who the FBI gets told about 2 yrs before they bomb us to be handled. I am so demanding.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #487
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Through communication. How hard is it to tell whose shooting innocents and whose not? A good cop can asses that situation easily.
What communication? Civilians like yourself do not have radios to communicate with the authorities. You are going to do two things, one your going to take away resources and manpower from the tracking of the suspects. Two, you are going to likely get yourself killed. Especially here in LA, with the LAPD....with mass chaos going on, it will be shoot first, ask questions later.

Your better off staying in your home, with your gun and let the authorities that are trained, have better communication, do the job. They don't need some neanderthal like yourself, holding up their pursuit.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #488
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah pesky me that expects terrorists who the FBI gets told about 2 yrs before they bomb us to be handled. I am so demanding.
And if they had any evidence that he was a terrorist,he'd probably would've been in gitmo. But unfortunately there are no crystal balls & was no evidence at the time he was a terrorist. There's 100s of thousands of people who go to extreme nations every yr,the FBI doesn't have the resources to watch/act on every single individual who may or may not be a terrorist.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #489
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
They will be wearing turbans and riding camels
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #490
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Or wearing a camouflage baseball cap & riding in the back of a pick up truck.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #491
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
What communication? Civilians like yourself do not have radios to communicate with the authorities. You are going to do two things, one your going to take away resources and manpower from the tracking of the suspects. Two, you are going to likely get yourself killed. Especially here in LA, with the LAPD....with mass chaos going on, it will be shoot first, ask questions later.

Your better off staying in your home, with your gun and let the authorities that are trained, have better communication, do the job. They don't need some neanderthal like yourself, holding up their pursuit.
So if 3 terrorists where on your street, and a ton of other streets in your city. The police are overwhelmed and there is no police presence on your street yet. You look out window and see that a terrorists in entering your neighbors home and you hear shooting and screaming. Are you saying at that point it would not be worth it to exit your home with your assault rifle and go to try and help your neighbor?

Sure you don't get in your car and drive to the mall and try and help the police. That would be crazy. But if you think I don't know my neighbors enough to try and help you are insane. If the police get there and my arms are no longer needed you simply remove your rifles magazine and drop your gun.

There are a ton of scenarios where i could see myself going to help my mom down the street, my brother 3 blocks over, all my great neighbors some of whom are 70 plus and would need help.

It's about being prepared to defend your own home and your neighbors if need be. Liberals just want everyone totally helpless waiting for big brother govt to come save you.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #492
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Lots of countries have citizens armed in Europe. How are they preparing for a big attack if plainclothes civilians have to grab those guns and help?

I heard all adult males in some countries required to have an assault rifle.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #493
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
So if 3 terrorists where on your street, and a ton of other streets in your city. The police are overwhelmed and there is no police presence on your street yet. You look out window and see that a terrorists in entering your neighbors home and you hear shooting and screaming. Are you saying at that point it would not be worth it to exit your home with your assault rifle and go to try and help your neighbor?
If that's the scenario, then I would call 911, alert the authorities. 3 terrorists on the lamb on my street and probably armed to the teeth. I am clearly outnumbered and outgunned. Neighbor is probably dead, based on the screaming and gunfire. It'd be too late to save them.

I'd ammo up and wait for the terrorists to come through the door, and also alert my neighbors to lock their doors. I would not go outside, no.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #494
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If that's the scenario, then I would call 911, alert the authorities. 3 terrorists on the lamb on my street and probably armed to the teeth. I am clearly outnumbered and outgunned. Neighbor is probably dead, based on the screaming and gunfire. It'd be too late to save them.

I'd ammo up and wait for the terrorists to come through the door, and also alert my neighbors to lock their doors. I would not go outside, no.
My guess as well is that the local or state government would have a shelter in place order, but of course, only if they're liberals who just want you to die.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #495
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

Ok so now they are in the street walking to the next home and you still would not engage if you had a killer assault rifle. You would sit and hide and let your neighbors get shot up one by one?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #496
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #497
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think its pretty clear we have to trust intel and look into intel from a wide range of countries. Facts and timeline are clear. Our govt knew about this guy, was tipped off, interviewed him, then dropped the ball and let that Americans die.
Thank goodness you don't ever rush to judgement, long before all the facts are known.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #498
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
They weren't terrorist at the time. According to story, the FBI investigated the older brother and found no evidence there was problem at the time. They followed the thing called the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #499
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
They weren't terrorist at the time. According to story, the FBI investigated the older brother and found no evidence there was problem at the time. They followed the thing called the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
People like cut think otherwise and don't understand 20/20 hindsight either.

Plus, I wouldn't trust any Russian intel regarding Chechens.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #500
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Not only that, but it is also likely that they found no evidence at the time because these guys were using completely new tactics that the intel agencies haven't picked up on or seen before.