The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #376
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You even post the exact same nonsequiturs and lame deflections as the drama llama. There is no doubt...

Drama Llama had a sex change!
If you don't know who Gabby Giffords is, God help you. You must be living with your head in a hole in the ground... at best.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #377
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yep Boston security dropped the ball a bit but on the flip side must be next to near impossible if they set bombs off only minutes after setting them down.
Dropped the ball? 26 miles of outdoor roadway with crowds 10+ deep on either side, buildings and windows and doorways everywhere....any one of said people could be a terrorist or psycho. And the bombs went off within minutes, as you say.

I really don't see any way to prevent something like this from happening in the future if the bad guys are that dedicated to doing it, no matter how trained and vigilant you are as a police force. You NEED the public to be on the lookout as well....and even then, you have what? A minute or two to get a police officer over there, inspect the bag, alert bomb squad, and disarm it? Good luck with that. I'm shocked things like this haven't happened here more to be honest.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #378
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yep Boston security dropped the ball a bit but on the flip side must be next to near impossible if they set bombs off only minutes after setting them down.
I'm talking about the people. The people were told to be wary of abandoned bags in crowded areas. People shouldn't be sitting like idiots expecting the government to protect them. They need to be proactive and clearly here unfortunately we got complacent.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #379
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Dropped the ball? 26 miles of outdoor roadway with crowds 10+ deep on either side, buildings and windows and doorways everywhere....any one of said people could be a terrorist or psycho. And the bombs went off within minutes, as you say.

I really don't see any way to prevent something like this from happening in the future if the bad guys are that dedicated to doing it, no matter how trained and vigilant you are as a police force. You NEED the public to be on the lookout as well....and even then, you have what? A minute or two to get a police officer over there, inspect the bag, alert bomb squad, and disarm it? Good luck with that. I'm shocked things like this haven't happened here more to be honest.
We've been lucky, especially considering the rabble we've been letting in from hotbeds of extremism with significant histories of religious and politically-motivated mass murder of civilians, which Chechnya has.

People should not be blindly waiting for the government to protect them. They need to be active in their own safety. We seem to be forgetting the lessons of 9-11, or did we really learn them to begin with?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #380
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

I've always thought that we were fortunate, in some macabre way, in that these idiots are always trying to make the big splash with some kind of bomb. I guess it's their sick little egos wanting to sit back and celebrate the results. What I really fear is a Mumbai type of attack where four or five of them have AKs and multiple banana clips, go into a crowded area and start firing until somebody takes them out. That kind of attack would require almost no technological know-how and be far more devastating.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #381
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
That kind of attack would require almost no technological know-how and be far more devastating.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

I grew up in the 80s watching all the Islamist violence on television; the hijackings, the hostages, the bombings. In 2001 when my friend told me to turn on the TV and they said airplanes hit those towers, I knew exactly who did it. The first words out of my mouth were, "What took you so long?"

I'd been halfway expecting something here for years before that and was surprised it didn't happen.

But then again, our borders are more porous now so we should probably expect more of this.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #382
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Suspect #2 has to be holed up in somebody's house. Much like the lapd killer that was holed up in the mountains.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #383
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

From everything coming out right now I'm beginning to suspect that the bombs were supplied to these two guys. They don't sound capable enough to do this alone.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #384
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
From everything coming out right now I'm beginning to suspect that the bombs were supplied to these two guys. They don't sound capable enough to do this alone.
From what I'm seeing on the news I think the exact opposite.
One was a 2nd year med student and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to build what they made and with the net it would be cake.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #385
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I am with you on this. None of this makes any sense. I am taking nothing at face value and now that both will most likely be dead we will know even less.

Why would they stay in Boston? I am shocked. I figured they would have caught an int'l flight out of Boston right after it happened. Headed straight to the airport.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #386
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
I am with you on this. None of this makes any sense. I am taking nothing at face value and now that both will most likely be dead we will know even less.

Why would they stay in Boston? I am shocked. I figured they would have caught an int'l flight out of Boston right after it happened. Headed straight to the airport.
They stayed because they had more targets than the Boston marathon.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #387
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I think they had the know how to create these bombs, they just didn't have the smarts to plan it out afterwards. They sound to be very book smart and their egos allowed them to believe doing this in those crowds they wouldn't be caught or identified. Hijacking a car and having the guy withdraw $800 after they found out they were identified tells me that.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #388
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Rampant speculation is that they were headed for the mini-nuke materials that are kept at MIT.....hence the attack on the MIT officer.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #389
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Rampant speculation is that they were headed for the mini-nuke materials that are kept at MIT.....hence the attack on the MIT officer.
Paging gaff-o...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #390
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
What I really fear is a Mumbai type of attack where four or five of them have AKs and multiple banana clips, go into a crowded area and start firing until somebody takes them out. That kind of attack would require almost no technological know-how and be far more devastating.
Me, too. Right after 9/11 I expected that sort of thing to start - grocery stores, sporting events, etc. I'm surprised it hasn't happened but grateful that it hasn't.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #391
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
That or they just thought they wouldn't ever be identified.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #392
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
From what I'm seeing on the news I think the exact opposite.
One was a 2nd year med student and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to build what they made and with the net it would be cake.
I was just going to say I saw the opposite. Serial killers are usually upstanding citizens, often educated. They probably had help, but I don't think this is a case of two pawns in broader game. I think they wanted to do this.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #393
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
blend in and fade away, yep. It's not like these guys had huge red flags before the bombings. I think this is exactly what they were hoping to do. But once thier pictures were released, it blew up on them, pun intended.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #394
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

So let me get this straight.

One of the brothers is here for over 10 years. So he's ok with living here, enjoying the freedom and rights of the US, going to university, posting on facebook and all that stuff.

But then plays a part in bombing complete innocents?

Yeah, that's not being a terrorist, that's just being an azzhole.

Why the hell do these clowns come over to the US in the first place, then stay, when they hate it so much?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #395
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I'm talking about the people. The people were told to be wary of abandoned bags in crowded areas. People shouldn't be sitting like idiots expecting the government to protect them. They need to be proactive and clearly here unfortunately we got complacent.
Who the **** is we?

Nobody was sitting like an idiot. It's called living life and enjoying it as I'm sure nobody there said "Gee, that unattended bag looks suspicious, but I'll just choose to be complacent and do nothing."

And seriously who the hell are you to judge someone else on how complacent or vigilent they are?

GTFO
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #396
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Who the **** is we?

Nobody was sitting like an idiot. It's called living life and enjoying it as I'm sure nobody there said "Gee, that unattended bag looks suspicious, but I'll just choose to be complacent and do nothing."

And seriously who the hell are you to judge someone else on how complacent or vigilent they are?

GTFO
Take some Midol, please.

WE as Americans in general have become complacent. The government has warned us for years to be wary of abandoned bags in crowds.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #397
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

One of the brothers is here for over 10 years. So he's ok with living here, enjoying the freedom and rights of the US, going to university, posting on facebook and all that stuff.

Why the hell do these clowns come over to the US in the first place, then stay, when they hate it so much?
It's not the first time that migrants have gone back into the fold of their home culture and religion and have come into radical sects. What I'm seeing so far about these guys indicates this.

Chechnya has a long history of very brutal Muslim violence. Their culture has become accustomed to dealing with grievances by using bombs. Look up the long history of Chechen terrorism against Russian civilians.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #398
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I think they had the know how to create these bombs, they just didn't have the smarts to plan it out afterwards. They sound to be very book smart and their egos allowed them to believe doing this in those crowds they wouldn't be caught or identified. Hijacking a car and having the guy withdraw $800 after they found out they were identified tells me that.
Just like James Holmes, smart yet stupid. He had under $300 on him, a few anti-pursuit road spikes and a spare pistol in his car when he was arrested.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #399
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
When the feds foot drag releasing photos it may have encouraged them.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #400
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

It's all part of the master plan.....wolves in sheep's clothing....happens all the time. The 9/11 hijackers did the same ****.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote