The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #326
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Posting the link to the correct pics

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/suspect...ing-slideshow/
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #327
Drunken.Broncoholic

Those guys are long gone out of the country by now.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #328
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
NOW the feds release pictures? WTF took so long? They could be out of the country by now.
The drama llama living up to his name in typically embarassing fashion!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #329
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If they don't catch them and they didn't release pics right away then its a huge failure. I want to believe they already are watching them and just hoping to catch more of the network.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #330
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Drunken.Broncoholic;[/B]3829304]They would attack us regardless if they think we kill their innocent people or not.
Drunken is right.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #331
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Posting the link to the correct pics

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/suspect...ing-slideshow/
You can view higher resolution pics here:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-i...-boston/photos
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #332
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The big difference is we are always targeting fighters or their leaders. Putting a bomb at the marathon is way difference. That would be more like America deciding to drone pilgrams traveling to Mecca to scare them and ruin their fun. That is if traveling to Mecca is fun. i sure hope this was done by foriegners though. Its going to suck if it was American on American.
We are?

Sorry -- we are not. Many of the US drone attacks turn out to be weddings or funerals -- innocent people.

The people making the call about who will be killed sit at a console in a hanger in Georgia here in the US. The innocents who die are on the other side of the planet.

We've made war a cold blooded affair -- reduced it to pushing a button.

Talk about cowardice.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #333
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
We are?

Sorry -- we are not. Many of the US drone attacks turn out to be weddings or funerals -- innocent people.

The people making the call about who will be killed sit at a console in a hanger in Georgia here in the US. The innocents who die are on the other side of the planet.

Talk about cowardice.

MHG
Bull****. Since you live in freaking woods you should stop talking about things you have no clue about.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #334
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
We are?

Talk about cowardice.

MHG
Don't invite islamic fighters to your wedding or funeral. If they are going to be there don't attend. Thats the problem they aren't innocent if they accept the islamic fighters into their communities.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #335
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Those guys are long gone out of the country by now.
Great, then Obama will sic a drone on those guys.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #336
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
We are?

Talk about cowardice.

MHG

When was warfare not a cold blooded affair? Have you ever studied history?
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #337
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Bull****. Since you live in freaking woods you should stop talking about things you have no clue about.
I hate to bring it up in this thread, but he's actually right. Less than 2% of the people we've killed in drone strikes are high profile.

Here is a visualization which shows the facts around this:

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #338
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I hate to bring it up in this thread, but he's actually right. Less than 2% of the people we've killed in drone strikes are high profile.

What about the 7 million tons of bombs we unloaded on the Vietnamese people?

How many high profile Japanese did we kill in Heroshima, how about Nagasaki?

What do you think our civilian collateral was while we aided the British in carpet bombing Germany?

Were the chemical weapons used in the trenches of the First World War ethical?

Shock and Awe anyone? Nice fireworks show Prez, did we only kill the bad guys?

Civilian casualties are by no means new to warfare, and to pretend we haven't come a long way from 20th century tactics is asinine. The overall effectiveness of precision weaponry hasn't been honed to completely reduce the cost of civilian lives, but it has come amazingly far in the last 50 years. The advent of drones has increased precision and intelligence, while reducing casualties for our armed forces. It's a scarey weapon, sure, but so are the rest of the toys we play with in the field of battle.

This very same debate was heavily disputed 200 years ago over the utilization of snipers in the American Civil War, and contined all the way through the 1980s. There is little room for empathy in war, especially in an age where gorilla tactics have changed the rules of conventional warfare. The United States lost three unconventional wars trying to deploy conventional tactics, then they invented the ultimate gorilla weapon, welcome to our brave new world of combat.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #339
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

I watched your visualization, and it showed me how effective these little bastards really are. 77.2% of the people killed by drone strikes were alleged combatants (that's a cute way of making people with weapons, in places they shouldn't be, seem innocent.) and high ranking officials. 44% of the child deaths occurred in the early years of the program under Bush. Sounds like a highly effective, and efficient weapon to me. We have come a lot further than I originally thought. You guys were making me think we were at a 50/50 civilian to combatant ratio with all of you squabbling.

How many innocent people would have died if those were cruise missles instead of drones? Would the civilian death tolls have been any less if they were attack helicopters instead of drones? Could these attacks have been conducted by any other means of warfare?

You may not believe it, but this is precision unheralded by the United States Millitary. This is going to be debated for a few years, and in twenty years we will look back on these conversations and laugh at how sensitive we were.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 04-19-2013 at 01:10 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #340
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

collateral damage just part of war. Still though different because we at least try to target the enemy. I don't really care though i am used to the fact they target civilians and will chop our heads off if we get caught. Just how it is. Score one for them but still they didn't get that many of us. Sucks for the victims and hopefully our country comes through for them with whatever they need to get through this. Also we have a cop shot dead now bringing these guys to justice.

It sort of does go into gun control because its very real terrorists could take to the streets like the Mumbai shooting with assault rifles. If we don't have firepower to defend ourselves we are sitting ducks until police get there.

one dead one still on the loose. I hope we just kill him also I don't want to see trials for this **** in American courts. **** giving these turds our due process.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #341
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Breaking News one of the suspects is dead another on the run in Watertown. http://boston.com/

Another MIT police officer is dead also and it seems to be tied.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #342
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Sounds like a major shootout happened there. Throwing explosives out the window and are suspected to have had another pressure cooker bomb. They are saying they have been here legally for over a year. I've often stated, while getting bashed for it, in immigration arguments that it's the legally admitted people that are a much bigger problem. See this situation if it bears out, see 9/11, see welfare fraud, etc.

All mass transit shut down in Boston. Hopefully they can keep him cornered until they capture him.

The whole area is shutdown. Don't know where Beantown lives but hope he's safe. They are saying the one suspect had explosives strapped to his body and fear the one on the run does too. Just crazy and extremely sad that an entire city has been taken hostage by two idiots who have managed to change so many lives.

Last edited by gunns; 04-19-2013 at 03:23 AM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #343
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

My best friend is a grad student at MIT. Scary.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #344
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

1 dead
The others location is known
& 2 in custody

Last edited by peacepipe; 04-19-2013 at 05:53 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #345
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Apparently they have lived here since 2002.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #346
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

It's craziness around here. I work in Boston but now live far enough north of the city that my immediate area isn't affected right now. My office is closed until at least 11:00 today.....whole city is pretty much shut down. Couldn't even get in if I wanted since all mass transit is shut down and the roads are jammed.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #347
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I just read the details of the shooting this morning. I'm still processing everything it's so crazy. They're saying Boston is on a complete lockdown. It's pretty clear these guys did it. They found Explosives and several weapons and they hail from Chechnya oringally - an area in the former USSR infamous for breeding terrorists. Some of you may recall in the early 2000's a group of Chechnyan rebels stormed and occupied an Opera house and held the audience hostage. They're crazy over there.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #348
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I just read the details of the shooting this morning. I'm still processing everything it's so crazy. They're saying Boston is on a complete lockdown. It's pretty clear these guys did it. They found Explosives and several weapons and they hail from Chechnya oringally - an area in the former USSR infamous for breeding terrorists. Some of you may recall in the early 2000's a group of Chechnyan rebels stormed and occupied an Opera house and held the audience hostage. They're crazy over there.
Details from some of the eyewitnesses on the radio/tv sound similar to the infamous scene from the movie, Heat.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #349
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hopefully, we deport their entire family.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #350
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

found this on drudge...vk profile (russian social network).

http://vk.com/id160300242
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote