The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #276
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Who do you hope wins?
Not all Muslims are bomb-throwing Sharia-loving plane-hijacking terrorists.

It doesn't make sense to wage some kind of war against 1.6 billion people, very few of whom hate us and want us dead.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #277
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Not all Muslims are bomb-throwing Sharia-loving plane-hijacking terrorists.

It doesn't make sense to wage some kind of war against 1.6 billion people, very few of whom hate us and want us dead.

Certainly some muslim countries will be our friends. We have to reach out to the peacefully ones big time after we defeat the islamists.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #278
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Until we know,it could be a foreign terrorist like bin laden or a domestic terrorist like McVeigh. I haven't stated either way.
Wasn't trying to single you out....just think that most who suspect domestic terrorist always seem to forget McVeigh wasn't the first clown from our own nation that wanted to set off bombs.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #279
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Certainly some muslim countries will be our friends. We have to reach out to the peacefully ones big time after we defeat the islamists.
How does one "defeat" the Islamists without killing a bunch of non-Islamists?

What does "defeat" mean? All of 'em are dead? If so, how do you avoid turning them into martyrs?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #280
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The only embarrassment here is you. Bringing politics and divisiveness into the discussion of a national tragedy. Truly sad, pathetic and disgraceful.

The bodies from Sandy Hook hadn't even reached room temperature before the left started an all out assault on the 2nd amendment....because as Rahm Emmanuel said "You never want to let a good crisis to go to waste..."

I recall on this very message board after 9/11 it wasn't but the 5th or 6th post and some leftist said this is what "Bush's policies have brought" (or something to that effect).....so it's not like nyuk nyuk is the first to criticize one side or the other.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #281
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The Islamic terrorism that started in the 1970s is motivated by our foriegn policy. Not all of them are like you, but some of them feel the same rage you feel, and "want to go to war with somebody" when they see their innocent children killed. I can tell by your personality that if you were born into their world, you would be the first in line to become a terrorist.

Pictures like this (graphic) lead to pictures like you posted.

the Barbary pirates say hello
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #282
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Sorry if I missed if this was post but I didn't other reading though the stupid pissing match. But they have a picture of what looks like the bomb. It is a before and after:

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #283
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
The ignore function works well. May want to use it instead of crying like a girl all the time.
Take your own advice.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #284
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
How does one "defeat" the Islamists without killing a bunch of non-Islamists?

What does "defeat" mean? All of 'em are dead? If so, how do you avoid turning them into martyrs?
By eliminating all of their funding and making the life span for leadership about 20 yrs old. Without money to spread around and weapons they will die out.

Sure we will always have some terrorism but we are weakening them. I think Obama has weakened them by killing so many of the top leaders. Bush JR also. If we do it through another couple admins they won't have much left.

The other question about how do you kill the non radicals who don't fight is a tough one. I would say eventually they will realize to turn on the radicals themselves. As in we kill all the radicals in our village, help the Americans kill them, then we don't get droned etc etc.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #285
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I thought security was supposed to check all unattended packages? Hell that is a big package on wrong side of the fence. That should have been checked out IMO.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #286
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was watching the press conf. They said the bombs were in black nylon bags.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #287
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
ok it was shopped....not sure about the injury

This picture you posted here is not shopped (I know you were referring to the Louisville one).

You can see that the guy in the cowboy hat is pinching his femoral artery closed to slow the bleeding. They were interviewing him on local radio this morning.

This full pic shows both feet blown off, and his left calf entirely missing.....

516d8f3bb81eb_image.jpg
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #288
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

They have clear pictures of suspects but aren't releasing them. That tells me they already identified who they are. It could mean they knew who they were right when they saw them...as in known American terrorists they had been watching, or maybe known international ones. IMO they aren't telling hoping the suspects use there network. They are probably watching them already seeing who they come in contact with.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #289
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Boston bombing suspect ordered deported after Obama meets with Saudi minister
http://www.examiner.com/article/bost...id=db_articles

The Saudi National, Abdul al-Harbi, who has been questioned after the Boston Marathon bombing, is being immediately deported on "national security grounds."

Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs reports:

He is from a very powerful Saudi family with many terrorist ties. Abdul al-Harbi is a devout Muslim from Medina.

I said it takes longer than 15 hours to investigate all of Abdul al-Harbi's relatives, friends, acquaintances, and business and school friends.

Perhaps a quick look at the Arabic sources should raise the eyebrows of every American relative to the extent of the problem at hand. Many from Al-Harbiís clan are steeped in terrorism and are members of Al-Qaeda. Out of a list of 85 terrorists listed by the Saudi government shows several of Al-Harbi clan to have been active fighters in Al-Qaeda:

When I heard he was from a very powerful Saudi family, I worried about this kind of thing happening.

Why suddenly is al-Harbi being sent out of the country as the terror investigation is yet, ongoing?

On Wednesday evening, Reuters reported that President Obama held an unscheduled meeting this afternoon with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal at the White House.

The meeting, was closed to the press, as was Secretary of State John Kerry's Tuesday meeting with al-Faisal.

White House spokeswoman, Caitlin Hayden, described the curiously timed meeting in a statement, saying: "The president and Prince Saud al-Faisal reaffirmed the strong partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia and discussed developments in the region, including the conflict in Syria."

Curiously enough, the Boston Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation scheduled a press conference for Wednesday afternoon to give an update on the investigation, and perhaps, to announce an arrest.

That briefing never happened.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #290
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Boston bombing suspect ordered deported after Obama meets with Saudi minister
http://www.examiner.com/article/bost...id=db_articles

The Saudi National, Abdul al-Harbi, who has been questioned after the Boston Marathon bombing, is being immediately deported on "national security grounds."

Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs reports:

He is from a very powerful Saudi family with many terrorist ties. Abdul al-Harbi is a devout Muslim from Medina.

I said it takes longer than 15 hours to investigate all of Abdul al-Harbi's relatives, friends, acquaintances, and business and school friends.

Perhaps a quick look at the Arabic sources should raise the eyebrows of every American relative to the extent of the problem at hand. Many from Al-Harbiís clan are steeped in terrorism and are members of Al-Qaeda. Out of a list of 85 terrorists listed by the Saudi government shows several of Al-Harbi clan to have been active fighters in Al-Qaeda:

When I heard he was from a very powerful Saudi family, I worried about this kind of thing happening.

Why suddenly is al-Harbi being sent out of the country as the terror investigation is yet, ongoing?

On Wednesday evening, Reuters reported that President Obama held an unscheduled meeting this afternoon with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal at the White House.

The meeting, was closed to the press, as was Secretary of State John Kerry's Tuesday meeting with al-Faisal.

White House spokeswoman, Caitlin Hayden, described the curiously timed meeting in a statement, saying: "The president and Prince Saud al-Faisal reaffirmed the strong partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia and discussed developments in the region, including the conflict in Syria."

Curiously enough, the Boston Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation scheduled a press conference for Wednesday afternoon to give an update on the investigation, and perhaps, to announce an arrest.

That briefing never happened.
great here we go.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #291
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Pretty hard to imagine the anger one would feel having legs blown off by a terrorist. I'm dying to know who to hate right now and am getting really impatient.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #292
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I don't like Obama but i can't imagine we would just let rich Saudis get away with bombing us.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #293
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

they have finally released a photo of the suspects.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...ncr0wmysU42scJ
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #294
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
they have finally released a photo of the suspects.....
How official is this? I don't see it being reported by any of the major outlets. In fact, they're saying the details have not been released.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #295
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How official is this? I don't see it being reported by any of the major outlets. In fact, they're saying the details have not been released.
Exactly,let's wait for a NON-TABLOID news outlet to report it. The nypost has been 100% completely wrong on every bit of their reporting on this so far.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #296
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Authorities have clear video images of two separate suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings carrying black bags at each explosion site and are planning to release the images today in an appeal for the publicís help in identifying the men, according to an official briefed on the case.

The official said that the two suspects were seen separately on videotape ó one at each of the two bombing sites, which are located about a block apart.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...s5I/story.html
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #297
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Authorities have clear video images of two separate suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings carrying black bags at each explosion site and are planning to release the images today in an appeal for the publicís help in identifying the men, according to an official briefed on the case.

The official said that the two suspects were seen separately on videotape ó one at each of the two bombing sites, which are located about a block apart.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...s5I/story.html
The point is they've yet to release it,you don't think they would have press conf. Accompaning said release of photos.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #298
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
...and are planning to release the images today...
Right, I'm fully aware of this. My point is, have those images been released yet? Nobody else is reporting that they have.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #299
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

they are suspects and these photos were circulated among law inforcement.... that's it.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #300
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
they are suspects and these photos were circulated among law inforcement.... that's it.
When the nypost has been wrong on everything else involving this,why would you think this would be credible. Every news story that they have gotten wrong has come from a supposed law enforcement source.
If these were the actual photos every news outlet in the country would be running with it.