The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Default Ship My Pants

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

This commercial makes me happy. Proud to have delivered the blue light specials during high school and college summers. <3

I get my underwear at K-Mart. Yeah.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
DenverDynamite

I love a clever ad. I hate seeing old school stores like Kmart and Sears on the ropes.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

When my parents got divorced, it seemed the first 6 months was dinner on weekends at the KMart cafeteria. Seems we would spin a wheel for the price or what dessert would cost. I can't exactly remember but I know that had the spinner. I also remember going to the front desk and telling the lady that my sister was lost and can you announce her name over the intercom. She was so embarrassed that her friends might hear that she was shopping at KMart (she really wasn't lost). My Dad said,"If your friends heard it and teased you then you know they were shopping at KMart too!" Damn Dad ruined another moment of Big Brother vs Little Sister.

Great ad too! I wonder if they had that on actual TV or just on internet.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
DenverDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
When my parents got divorced, it seemed the first 6 months was dinner on weekends at the KMart cafeteria. Seems we would spin a wheel for the price or what dessert would cost. I can't exactly remember but I know that had the spinner. I also remember going to the front desk and telling the lady that my sister was lost and can you announce her name over the intercom. She was so embarrassed that her friends might hear that she was shopping at KMart (she really wasn't lost). My Dad said,"If your friends heard it and teased you then you know they were shopping at KMart too!" Damn Dad ruined another moment of Big Brother vs Little Sister.

Great ad too! I wonder if they had that on actual TV or just on internet.
I always remember Kmart smelling like popcorn. Most of my early childhood I lived in Great Falls, Montana just down the street from George Karl when he coached at the college up there. (No joke, my dad told me I trick-or treated at his house) Anyrate, there were few places in town in the late 1970's that sold toys so a trip to Kmart was big freaking deal. I remember getting my matchbox scale Dukes of Hazzard General Lee at Kmart. That was good day.

***edit - I guess it was a semi-pro team he coached in Great Falls.

Last edited by DenverDynamite; 04-15-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Fuggin great commercial.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
consistent1
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
I always remember Kmart smelling like popcorn. Most of my early childhood I lived in Great Falls, Montana just down the street from George Karl when he coached at the college up there. (No joke, my dad told me I trick-or treated at his house) Anyrate, there were few places in town in the late 1970's that sold toys so a trip to Kmart was big freaking deal. I remember getting my matchbox scale Dukes of Hazzard General Lee at Kmart. That was good day.

I always remember begging for Icees.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

I have some good childhood memories of KMart as well, but there's a reason it's on the ropes. We would jokingly refer to it as "Came-Apart," as anything you would buy there would break. Also, they always had huge lines (before Wal-Mart came, now it's always empty) with only one checkout cashier. Terribly mismanaged and nobody seemed to care.

That said, I never experienced a Wal-Mart until I was 18 years old (I'm 23 now) so KMart will always hold a special place in my heart. Ah, the memories of riding my bike to KMart to buy a 20-pack of blank CDs to burn all my Napster songs I downloaded over 56k internet.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
I have some good childhood memories of KMart as well, but there's a reason it's on the ropes. We would jokingly refer to it as "Came-Apart," as anything you would buy there would break. Also, they always had huge lines (before Wal-Mart came, now it's always empty) with only one checkout cashier. Terribly mismanaged and nobody seemed to care.

That said, I never experienced a Wal-Mart until I was 18 years old (I'm 23 now) so KMart will always hold a special place in my heart. Ah, the memories of riding my bike to KMart to buy a 20-pack of blank CDs to burn all my Napster songs I downloaded over 56k internet.
Lol, definitely true. We called it that as well. I mostly worked stock and did some other things and handyman work for them, but there were times where I'd have 10 people in line and I would be the only cashier. It is still like that to this day at the old location I used to work at.

That is why they are going out of business. Plus, a lot of their stuff is way overpriced. Worst experience I ever had working at K-Mart was digging up asbestos tiles that rotted away and having to put new ones in and then completely disassemble the shelving units on them, wash them down and put them back together.

They seem to have made the store a lot more aesthetically pleasing and they have some decent workers there. The only reason I applied to work there in the first place was because I had a crush on a girl who was a Cowboys fan who worked there. Worked out like a charm. I miss taking shots of 99 Apples and passing out in the storage room on my breaks. Good times.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Ya this is true too. Outside our K-Mart there was a Korn and Kones and you could get the Icee's there too. Pretzels with cheese. Man, those were the days! They even had an On Cue store where you could get crappy guitars and CDs that cost 25 dollars a pop! WOO.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I was a Sales rep for Sears' tools section. Craftsman is good stuff, but it's gone downhill.

One of the comments on here about Sears/Kmart being poorly mismanaged and not seeming to care was spot-on. Most of the managers there can't seem to be able to figure out a good sales strategy or hold on to there good employees.

For the most part, the stuff is overpriced, except for some of there higher end stuff like electronics and tools where the have price matching. But I'm not really a fan of the clothes you can find at Sears/Kmart. I do have expensive taste in clothes... but I'm also broke, so when I want quality clothes on the cheap, I usually hit up Khols.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Hilarious I logged on to my news feed and this was the top article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...y-victims.html
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The only reason I applied to work there in the first place was because I had a crush on a girl who was a Cowboys fan who worked there. Worked out like a charm. I miss taking shots of 99 Apples and passing out in the storage room on my breaks. Good times.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I liked it.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
nyuk nyuk

Sears is grossly overpriced more often than not, and the one at the Aurora Mall has ****ty customer service and very poor labeling of prices. The one price check scanner there wasn't turned on. I saw stuff that listed as on sale but when the cashier scanned it, it came up full price.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #17
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
They seem to have made the store a lot more aesthetically pleasing and they have some decent workers there. The only reason I applied to work there in the first place was because I had a crush on a girl who was a Cowboys fan who worked there. Worked out like a charm. I miss taking shots of 99 Apples and passing out in the storage room on my breaks. Good times.
I knew they had a lot of low-quality workers, but that's ridiculous.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

I remember riding my bike once from Wash Park down to the KMart on Monaco (if memory serves...that was one helluva bike ride!). I had money burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted to buy Capt. Kirk by Mego. But all they had was Dr. McCoy so with my hard-earned cash I bought the Dr. I was so pissed when I got home. Have no idea why I bought McCoy. What a dumb toy! I hated that thing. Never played with it. I now use that as a lesson with my son when he goes to the Lego store to look for something specific, they're out of it, and he just wants to blow his cash on something else. I tell him, because I've told him the story of Me & McCoy, "Remember Dr. McCoy." And he puts his money back in his pocket.

Then, when I was older (in the 80s) we used to sing the following to the tune of Eddie Grant's "Electric Avenue" chorus:

We're gonna rock down to KMart and buy some shoes
They only cost a dolla!
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I knew they had a lot of low-quality workers, but that's ridiculous.
Oh, I had a blast. Everything worked out well. Ask SoCal. "Take it to the house Champ."

Love stains on my Bailey jersey. Ow, ow.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

That's some funny ship ........................
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
I love a clever ad. I hate seeing old school stores like Kmart and Sears on the ropes.
Speaking of clever ads for stores ... imo nothing beats this one.

Target's ad people audio-sampled the 75 year-old Shirley Temple hit song "Early Bird," and weaved it into this a couple years ago.....

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Seems we would spin a wheel for the price or what dessert would cost. I can't exactly remember but I know that had the spinner.
Oh absolutely. There used to be one in the Columbine area and my friends and I would ride our bikes there to spin the wheel for an ice cream sundae.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Kmart and Sears is similar to Nokia and Sony when the palm and blackberry phones first came out. they didn't adjust with the times and got left behind.
they still have yet to recover and they need to come back strong over the next 2-3 years or they will have to fold.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #24
DenverDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Kmart and Sears is similar to Nokia and Sony when the palm and blackberry phones first came out. they didn't adjust with the times and got left behind.
they still have yet to recover and they need to come back strong over the next 2-3 years or they will have to fold.
I think Sears is planning on life post a brick and mortar existence as they have ended the exclusivity of Craftsman and Kenmore. My dad ran a Sears store for years so I have a soft spot for that company. I used to get to sprint down the linoleum floors in the dark before the store opened when my dad would take me to work with him on Sunday mornings. Then he would take me upstairs into the breaker room and let me turn on all of the lights in the store, it was sort of big deal to me when I was five.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I think Sears is planning on life post a brick and mortar existence as they have ended the exclusivity of Craftsman and Kenmore. My dad ran a Sears store for years so I have a soft spot for that company. I used to get to sprint down the linoleum floors in the dark before the store opened when my dad would take me to work with him on Sunday mornings. Then he would take me upstairs into the breaker room and let me turn on all of the lights in the store, it was sort of big deal to me when I was five.
Absolutely correct. Mr. Harper is wanting to move Sears to an online-only venture.