The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #126
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
As much as I dig Bell, and really got that bandwagon going.. I would be very content with a few middle to later round running backs in the draft.. I grabbed a kid in the OMane mock Michael Hill from Missouri Western, who was an absolute stud.. I would much rather load up with defensive talent from the draft...

Take a Hill, Maysonet, Stacy (if he lasts) in the seventh round..
Just pick up Bradshaw when he proves that his foot is healed.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #127
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Your sample set does not support your claim Denver must draft a DE at #28

Most of the guys you listed that play opposite the main pass rusher put up between 4-6 sacks.

I'm pretty confident Wolfe himself can generate pressure and sacks at 6 a season

Margus Hunt would probably get 8-10
Isn't Wolfe really playing out of position at DE? I thought he was more a of 3 technique. Also, I really have NO clue what the broncos are going to do in the draft. We really heard next to nothing about it from Elway and Co. I really don't trust the media either because one year we were in love with Lamar Miller and nothing happened and then we were going to take Marvin Austin with our first pick in the second round and that didn't happen.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #128
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Your sample set does not support your claim Denver must draft a DE at #28

Most of the guys you listed that play opposite the main pass rusher put up between 4-6 sacks.
2013 stats:
Kruger - 9 sacks
Ninkovich - 8 sacks
Tuck and Umenyiora - 10 sacks (combined, in an off-year)
Woodley - 4.0 sacks (usually averages 10+ sacks, Steelers missed the playoffs)
Ahmad Brooks - 6.5 sacks ('49ers have many more impact players on Defense than the Broncos do, and thus have less need for a 10+ sack DE)
Whitney Mercilus - 6.0 sacks (only started 4 games)

All of them produce a crap-ton more than Ayers 2-3 sacks per year. Not sure why you would be against trying to draft an impact RDE? Why would it be your goal to have sub-par players at DE? I don't see the logic.

Quote:
I'm pretty confident Wolfe himself can generate pressure and sacks at 6 a season
Wolfe generated all those sacks from UT. I didn't include any sacks totals from DT's. The Broncos had 8 sacks total from the DT position in 2012 (Bannan, Vickerson, Wolfe, Unrein), which is probably about average for DT's (as a unit) league wide.

Quote:
Margus Hunt would probably get 8-10
I doubt that. He's in the prime of his career (26 years old), and didn't dominate in college. He got absolutely shut down in the Senior Bowl against 2nd round OT's. Who cares if he made a 19 year old Freshman look pathetic in their Bowl game? I like him in the 2nd round, but I'm looking for a younger, more complete player against both the run and pass.

I'll wager that Hunt never gets 10 sacks, in a single year, in his entire career. That's why I don't want him.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 09:04 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #129
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I like gillislee in the middle-late rounds
He's more of a Moreno/Hillman than a tough runner.. In my opinion..
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #130
Bmore Manning

Price, Wolfe will be playing UT on most passing downs. Give it a rest will you.. In one week you will see we won't be trading up for Moore.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #131
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just draft Le'Veon Bell and get it cooking.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #132
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. Trade up for Moore at #28 who is the most well rounded DE in the draft (projected as a top 5 pick after the season ended). You guys are sleeping on a guy who just turned 20 in September.
2. Don't trade up for Carradine, but take him at #28 if Moore is gone.
3. Lemonier is nothing special. Way too slow. No lateral quickness.
4. Trevardo Williams is an OLB, who is not a good fit with the Broncos.
5. Brandon Jenkins and Werner aren't good against the run.
6. Mingo sucks.
8. Ansah and Jones are not elite pass-rushers. Jones is not effective consistently against OT's (better as a 5-tech and sliding in to UT...Wolfe's role).

The funny thing about Moore is, if he would have had a combine like his Pro Day (19 reps, excellent in positional drills), he wouldn't slide past 15...and he would be well worth it. To say he is not worth a pick at #23 (in this draft) is pure fallacy...especially with such a void in excellence at the top of the DE class.
Absolutely false.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #133
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
2013 stats:
Kruger - 9 sacks
Ninkovich - 8 sacks
Tuck and Umenyiora - 10 sacks (combined, in an off-year)
Woodley - 4.0 sacks (usually averages 10+ sacks, Steelers missed the playoffs)
Ahmad Brooks - 6.5 sacks ('49ers have many more impact players on Defense than the Broncos do, and thus have less need for a 10+ sack DE)
Whitney Mercilus - 6.0 sacks (only started 4 games)

All of them produce a crap-ton more than Ayers 2-3 sacks per year. Not sure why you would be against trying to draft an impact RDE? Why would it be your goal to have sub-par players at DE? I don't see the logic.

Wolfe generated all those sacks from UT. I didn't include any sacks totals from DT's. The Broncos had 8 sacks total from the DT position in 2012 (Bannan, Vickerson, Wolfe, Unrein), which is probably about average for DT's (as a unit) league wide.

I doubt that. He's in the prime of his career (26 years old), and didn't dominate in college. He got absolutely shut down in the Senior Bowl against 2nd round OT's. Who cares if he made a 19 year old Freshman look pathetic in their Bowl game? I like him in the 2nd round, but I'm looking for a younger, more complete player against both the run and pass.

I'll wager that Hunt never gets 10 sacks, in a single year, in his entire career. That's why I don't want him.
Von Miller will be the sack leader for Denver this year.

Kruger was the sack leader for Balt last year
Nickovich was the sack leader for NE last year

C Jones had what 6 sacks. The player opposite Kruger had how many sacks?

We are talking about e Robin to Batman. Pay attention. They averaged about 5-6 sacks

Nice let add mutliple players togther for NYG

Hunt didn't dominate in college? yet you want to to use sacks from someone's time at a local junior college to predict NFL succecss? Odd

I'm not against drafting a DE . You constantly have said Denver must use #28 to draft a RDE which is shortsighted to begin with and then provide a sample set that suggests the player must generate 5-6 sacks next year. I guess I'm not as worried as you are that Denver can get this production for Ayer or a draft pick or a FA. Who knows yet how it will fall out but in my view the sky is not falling

Last edited by CEH; 04-18-2013 at 08:58 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #134
Bmore Manning

I personally have not been blown away with how talented Lemonier as many others on the Mane have..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #135
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

From what little I've seen of Lemonier, he is explosive off the line, he sets the edge well, he's got good pursuit and he's not really a liability against the run. I guess we will see in a few years if I'm right or not.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #136
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
From what little I've seen of Lemonier, he is explosive off the line, he sets the edge well, he got good pursuit and he's not really a liability against the run. I guess we will see in a few years if I'm wright or not.
I think you're wright.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #137
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think you're wright.
Well I hope I'm not rong.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #138
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I personally have not been blown away with how talented Lemonier as many others on the Mane have..
My concern with Lemonier is was it injury that ended his hot start or did he quit on the team. The guy was well on his way to being a lock for for the first round, then nothing. 5 sacks in the first 4 games to start last year after his 9.5 he had the year before. It wasn't like he was beating bad teams for his sacks either.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #139
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My concern with Lemonier is was it injury that ended his hot start or did he quit on the team. The guy was well on his way to being a lock for for the first round, then nothing. 5 sacks in the first 4 games to start last year after his 9.5 he had the year before. It wasn't like he was beating bad teams for his sacks either.
this is a concern and a legit reason to drop him into the 2nd-3rd round. Another possibility is teams game planned around him? It's not like Auburn was a good team so if Lemonier was good enough to garner special attention then this could be another reason his production dropped off. Whatever the reason, I don't think he's first round talent but I do think he's got skills.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #140
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
this is a concern and a legit reason to drop him into the 2nd-3rd round. Another possibility is teams game planned around him? It's not like Auburn was a good team so if Lemonier was good enough to garner special attention then this could be another reason his production dropped off. Whatever the reason, I don't think he's first round talent but I do think he's got skills.
Lemonier is tricky, he seems like one of the top prospects to be a 3-4 rush OLB, but the way his production fell off a cliff is a real concern. It is possible a team like the Steelers could draft him very highly to replace Harrison, but I would be surprised to see him go early to a 4-3 team.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #141
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Andy Lindahl said on NFL network today that he thinks Denver goes after Tank Carradine at 28. Also said don't be shocked if Elway moves out of 28 even if Tank is on the board.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #142
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Andy Lindahl said on NFL network today that he thinks Denver goes after Tank Carradine at 28. Also said don't be shocked if Elway moves out of 28 even if Tank is on the board.
I would much prefer a trade out than taking Tank...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #143
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
That is an empty statement. Either event X will happen or event X will not happen, it is trivially true that we will either draft someone at 28 or not draft at 28 at all.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #144
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
PLEASE NO...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #145
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That is an empty statement. Either event X will happen or event X will not happen, it is trivially true that we will either draft someone at 28 or not draft at 28 at all.
I think he is saying while they like Tank the best at 28 yet they are not in love with him enough to stick around there if they can get value moving out of 28.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #146
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I think he is saying while they like Tank the best at 28 yet they are not in love with him enough to stick around there if they can get value moving out of 28.
I don't know why, but Tank is one of the few guys I DO NOT want to see in the first...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #147
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'm not real comfortable with Tank at #28, but if the Broncos daft him there, I will be ok with it. I'm already feeling very comfortable with this front office's draft decisions and until they start doing George Foster stuff, I'll support their decisions.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #148
Bacchus

Quote:
Price, Wolfe will be playing UT on most passing downs. Give it a rest will you.. In one week you will see we won't be trading up for Moore.
Denver cannot afford to trade up, but I think there is a good chance Moore drops to Denver at 28, if he does they need to grab him unless someone else slides like a Rhodes, Richardson or Vaccaro.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #149
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Here is my top 4 at #28:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Tank Carradine
3. Kevin Minter
4. Manti Te'o

Tombstone, you're right about Lemonier...he's a good player. I watched a few of his plays and didn't like him, but went back and took a longer look. The only problem is, he didn't do anything against Joeckel. That's the type of competition he'll be facing every week in the NFL. He's decent, but I don't think he's an impact player. I want an impact DE.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-18-2013 at 11:49 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #150
Bacchus

Quote:
Here is my top 4 at #28:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Tank Carradine
3. Kevin Minter
4. Manti Te'o

I don't think trading down is an option. If none of those players are available, probably go with Okafor or Hunt.
Here are my guys if they fall Denver has to take them.

Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 266. Arm: 33.28.
40 Time: 4.83.
Projected Round (2013): 1.
4/6/13: The junior received extra blocking attention in 2012 following Brandon Jenkins exiting the lineup due to injury, and that helped teammate Tank Carradine have a breakout season. Werner started 2012 with four sacks in a dominating performance against Murray State.

Damontre Moore*, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2013): 1-3.

4/6/13: The 20-year old junior was one of the most consistent pass-rushers in college football in 2012, amassing 12.5 sacks - one of the larger totals in the country. Perhaps even more impressive than that, Moore led his team with 85 tackles - four more than the next closest defender. He had 21 tackles for a loss, two passes broken up, a blocked kick and a forced fumble, too.

Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri

Height: 6-3. Weight: 294. Arm: 34.48.
40 Time: 5.02.
Projected Round (2013): Top-25 Pick.
4/6/13: Richardson had solid performances at his pro day and Combine that showed off his speed and athleticism.

Richardson had a superb junior season including a great game against Alabama. He had 14 tackles and a sack coming from defensive end against right tackle D.J. Fluker. Richardson flashes the speed to fire the gap and make plays behind the line. He has non-stop drive and makes a lot of tackles in pursuit. Richardson demonstrated one of the best motors of any player in college football. He is truly relentless.

Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 313. Arm: 33.48.
40 Time: 5.03.
Projected Round (2013): 1.
4/6/13: Following the Combine and his pro day, Williams' stock has been rising and he looks like a solid first-rounder.

Williams was getting to the quarterback a lot early in the season, recording five sacks through the first six games. The one game he was held in check came against Louisville. Center Mario Benavides held him to two tackles, and the Cardinals gashed North Carolina on the ground up the middle. It was an ugly performance for Williams. He bounced back with better outings against weak opponents.