The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #101
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
The is no doubt that keeping or re-signing a healthy Kuper is in our best interests. I am 100% behind that idea. I'm just not sure if: a) he will be 100% healthy this next season, or 2) he is still in the Broncos long term plans.

Why are we working on terms of an "injury settlement" if we are planning on keeping him? I thought that was only if you were going to subsequently release the player. Maybe injury settlement, then re-sign him on a smaller incentive-laden contract?
Where did you see they were working on an injury settlement..?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #102
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
The is no doubt that keeping or re-signing a healthy Kuper is in our best interests. I am 100% behind that idea. I'm just not sure if: a) he will be 100% healthy this next season, or 2) he is still in the Broncos long term plans.

Why are we working on terms of an "injury settlement" if we are planning on keeping him? I thought that was only if you were going to subsequently release the player. Maybe injury settlement, then re-sign him on a smaller incentive-laden contract?
Hasn't been reported in the media anywhere. I just think this was posted on here as a possible outcome because fans were asking why haven't we released him yet. Basically because we cant. Same with Mays.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #103
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Hasn't been reported in the media anywhere. I just think this was posted on here as a possible outcome because fans were asking why haven't we released him yet. Basically because we cant. Same with Mays.
Anyone know when the club's need for an injury settlement passes? Presumably, this obligation lapses at some point when the player is deemed healthy. Do they just need clearance from a doctor? Do they have to wait for the player to actually take the field? Maybe they don't feel they need the cash right now, so they are just going to wait until Mays is eligible to be released in order to avoid paying out a settlement?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #104
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

It true that I am repeating info. I read in another thread, but I haven't seen this substantiated from the Broncos. I do hope that Kuper returns (healthy) to the Broncos next season. I brought up the concept after reading something about an injury settlement here - my bad for not double checking facts.

Kuper/Vasquez will be a good combo if that is our actual starting roster.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #105
pricejj
jungle

Falcons looking to trade up in the 1st round for a DE...like I said, the Broncos WILL have to use their 4th to trade up in the 1st round to get their guy.

I think the Minnesota Vikings at #23 are a good target. They already have the #25th pick. Broncos picks in the 1st and 4th are slightly better than the Falcons.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #106
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Falcons looking to trade up in the 1st round for a DE...like I said, the Broncos WILL have to use their 4th to trade up in the 1st round to get their guy.

I think the Minnesota Vikings at #23 are a good target. They already have the #25th pick. Broncos picks in the 1st and 4th are slightly better than the Falcons.
Im not sure why you're so hellbent on this. Im not saying it wont happen, but the broncos have a ton of options, and they will still get vet help at DE
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #107
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Im not sure why you're so hellbent on this. Im not saying it wont happen, but the broncos have a ton of options, and they will still get vet help at DE
The Falcons are moving up for a CB!

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution recently suggested that the Falcons might try to trade up for a cornerback like Alabama’s Dee Milliner, Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes or Washington’s Desmond Trufant.
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-f...et-cornerback/
Price is just throwing his **** against the wall and hoping something sticks.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 04-17-2013 at 05:16 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #108
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
No, they don't have a ton of options. Freeney is pathetic and WAY over-priced...and that is by far the best option they have, outside of the 1st round of the draft. None of the guys in later rounds project to be better than Ayers in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Falcons are moving up for a CB!
CB is a smokescreen. The Falcons really need a DE. You were my biggest detractor when I was pimping Derek Wolfe last year DB4L...you think you would have learned to shut your trap by now.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #109
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Broncos like Le'Veon Bell's versatility.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #110
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal believes Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff could be looking to trade up for cornerback in this year’s draft.

Ledbetter is basing this on an assessment of Dimitroff’s draft history and the fact that they could really use another cornerback to round out their secondary.

Atlanta released Dunta Robinson early on in the offseason and lost Brent Grimes to the Miami Dolphins during free agency. Currently, the Falcons have Asante Samuels, Robert McClain and Dominique Franks at cornerback, so it really does make sense for them to address the position in the early portion of the upcoming draft.

While it seems unlikely that Dimitroff would move all the way up to the top-ten for Alabama’s Dee Milliner, he did make a similar trade up for WR Julio Jones just a few years ago, so it’s at least a remote possibility.

A more realistic trade could be to move up into the top 20 and possibly target someone like Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes or possibly Washington’s Desmond Trufant. It’s worth noting that there’s a decent enough chance that Rhodes could be gone by then.

Trufant has already visited with the team, but Ledbetter sounds convinced that he won’t be available to them at No. 30 overall.

Other speculative options suggested by Ledbetter include Mississippi State’s Jonathan Banks, Houston’s D.J. Hayden and Boise State’s Jamar Taylor.

Peter King of SI.com is “hearing” that the Falcons are looking to trade up from No. 30 overall pick in the upcoming draft.

King adds that although he’s not sure who Atlanta could be targeting, a tight end or an athletic defensive tackle could both be options.
King believes they stay at No. 30 and still grab a cornerback.

The Falcons have 11 draft picks to work with, so a trade up is very conceivable.

Previous speculation mentioned that the Falcons could be looking to move for a cornerback such as Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes pr Washington’s Desmond Trufant. The Falcons currently have Asante Samuels, Robert McClain and Dominique Franks as the top-three corners on their roster, so it makes sense that they would be considering upgrades in the draft.

If the Falcons are looking for a tight end, King believes Notre Dame’s Tyler Eifert would make sense. They could also use another defensive end as well.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #111
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Le'Veon Bell in round 2 all the way. I like Sio Moore, but RB is a bigger need for the Broncos. Waiting until round 3 will get them a non-impact guy (like Christine Micheal).

Round 2 is the time to pounce on RB. Hopefully Le'veon Bell will be there...if not, Johnathan Franklin. The cost/benefit of an impact RB in round 2 is just too great to pass up. Dropping McGahee's salary is a no-brainer at this point. Hillman/Moreno/Bell would be a lethal combo in 2013 (and cheap too).

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 06:16 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
No, they don't have a ton of options. Freeney is pathetic and WAY over-priced...and that is by far the best option they have, outside of the 1st round of the draft. None of the guys in later rounds project to be better than Ayers in 2013.

CB is a smokescreen. The Falcons really need a DE. You were my biggest detractor when I was pimping Derek Wolfe last year DB4L...you think you would have learned to shut your trap by now.
They do have options and im not sure why they need to TRADE UP for this mystery DE thats supposed to solve all our problems.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #113
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
All the Falcons have at DE is Osi Umenyiora (who should be strongside), and Kim from Real Housewive's of Atlanta's husband.

'Nuff said.

Quote:
They do have options
Like who?

All the good impact DE's will be snatched up by #28. There might be some late round guy who could develop eventually...but it's not likely to help the Broncos in 2013.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 05:46 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #114
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

There is NOT ONE DE/OLB I would trade up in the first round to acquire. All these pass rushers have serious questions about their ability to play in the NFL or if they can play next year at all.

There is not ONE first round Stud pass rusher in this whole class. There are situational guys, there are value guys, there are base ends, but no ELITE pass rusher.

Guys like Mingo, Jordan, Jones, and Ansah have holes in their resumes and Werner is going to be like Chris Long at ceiling. Carradine has a major injury. So, who prey tell are we trading up to get? Certainly Not Moore either.

I just do not get this. PRS is deep in this draft, and it certainly does not have to be with a high price tag. Guys Like Lemonier, Trevardo Williams, and Brandon Jenkins in the late 2cd or early third for a trade down from 28 make so much more sense than trading up for an unproven, possible, everydown PRS. Heck, Carradine at 28 makes more sense without trading up.

This is NOT the draft to trade up for pass rush just because the ELITE DE/OLB does not exist. That's like pulling your money out of the stock market AFTER it lost value! It's reactionary and panicking. Be patient and draft a PRS and let Ayers and Jackson battle it out for first down honors.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #115
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
They do have options and im not sure why they need to TRADE UP for this mystery DE thats supposed to solve all our problems.
On NFL network they were talking about how the Falcons want Dee Milliner bad. Even the Falcons fans believe they are moving up for Milliner. Like you said they have options, doom and gloom price doesn't think so. That is why I put his ass on ignore.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #116
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
All the Falcons have at DE is Osi Umenyiora (who should be strongside), and Kim from Real Housewive's of Atlanta's husband.

'Nuff said.

Like who?

All the good impact DE's will be snatched up by #28. There might be some late round guy who could develop eventually...but it's not likely to help the Broncos in 2013.
Its annoying that you say THEY MUST TRADE UP as if there's only ONE DE in the entire draft that can help and you know who he is. You have no clue where these DE's will fall and you have no clue how the Broncos plan to generate pressure this year. You dont even know if the Broncos will go DL in round one! Yes, it would have been nice to have Elvis, but your certainty that the DE WE NEED WILL BE GONE BY 22 is weird.

And your "i told you so" routine is obnoxious. stop.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #117
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
There is NOT ONE DE/OLB I would trade up in the first round to acquire. All these pass rushers have serious questions about their ability to play in the NFL or if they can play next year at all.

There is not ONE first round Stud pass rusher in this whole class. There are situational guys, there are value guys, there are base ends, but no ELITE pass rusher.

Guys like Mingo, Jordan, Jones, and Ansah have holes in their resumes and Werner is going to be like Chris Long at ceiling. Carradine has a major injury. So, who prey tell are we trading up to get? Certainly Not Moore either.

I just do not get this. PRS is deep in this draft, and it certainly does not have to be with a high price tag. Guys Like Lemonier, Trevardo Williams, and Brandon Jenkins in the late 2cd or early third for a trade down from 28 make so much more sense than trading up for an unproven, possible, everydown PRS. Heck, Carradine at 28 makes more sense without trading up.

This is NOT the draft to trade up for pass rush just because the ELITE DE/OLB does not exist. That's like pulling your money out of the stock market AFTER it lost value! It's reactionary and panicking. Be patient and draft a PRS and let Ayers and Jackson battle it out for first down honors.
1. Trade up for Moore at #28 who is the most well rounded DE in the draft (projected as a top 5 pick after the season ended). You guys are sleeping on a guy who just turned 20 in September.
2. Don't trade up for Carradine, but take him at #28 if Moore is gone.
3. Lemonier is nothing special. Way too slow. No lateral quickness.
4. Trevardo Williams is an OLB, who is not a good fit with the Broncos.
5. Brandon Jenkins and Werner aren't good against the run.
6. Mingo sucks.
8. Ansah and Jones are not elite pass-rushers. Jones is not effective consistently against OT's (better as a 5-tech and sliding in to UT...Wolfe's role).

The funny thing about Moore is, if he would have had a combine like his Pro Day (19 reps, excellent in positional drills), he wouldn't slide past 15...and he would be well worth it. To say he is not worth a pick at #23 (in this draft) is pure fallacy...especially with such a void in excellence at the top of the DE class.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #118
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Its annoying that you say THEY MUST TRADE UP as if there's only ONE DE in the entire draft that can help and you know who he is. You have no clue where these DE's will fall and you have no clue how the Broncos plan to generate pressure this year. You dont even know if the Broncos will go DL in round one! Yes, it would have been nice to have Elvis, but your certainty that the DE WE NEED WILL BE GONE BY 22 is weird.

And your "i told you so" routine is obnoxious. stop.
It's not "weird" to want the Broncos to draft an impact DE.

How many Pro Bowl DE's do you think there are in this draft? 10? 5? Get real. There are a couple Pro Bowl DE's in this draft (law of averages). I think Moore is one...Carradine may be another. If you think the Broncos are better served to draft a rotational guy, then you are wrong.

I promote trading up to #23 (Vikings first pick). You (and others) think they should wait for a 2nd-tier non-impact player in the 2nd or 3rd round (which doesn't make sense). Take a positional strength of the draft (DE) in the 1st...don't wait. Guess we'll see what the Broncos do.

I only call out DB4L because he tries to slam me with every post (as if his life depended on it).

Last edited by pricejj; 04-17-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #119
pricejj
jungle

Whoa...nfldraftscout had Damontre Moore falling from the #29? overall prospect down to #40 in the last week.

Only one of the 10 or so mock's on CBS and NFL have him in the top 30 now. I guess the Broncos can wait, and pick him up at #28.

It's amazing to me that Margus Hunt, a 26 year old with less than half of Moore's production has overtaken Moore (a 20 year old, with elite production), simply because of combine numbers. Baffling.

Forget trading up, we got this. Keep the 4th and draft Chris Harper WR.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #120
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Whoa...nfldraftscout had Damontre Moore falling from the #29? overall prospect down to #40 in the last week.

Only one of the 10 or so mock's on CBS and NFL have him in the top 30 now. I guess the Broncos can wait, and pick him up at #28.

It's amazing to me that Margus Hunt, a 26 year old with less than half of Moore's production has overtaken Moore (a 20 year old, with elite production), simply because of combine numbers. Baffling.

Forget trading up, we got this. Keep the 4th and draft Chris Harper WR.
Thank you for finally arguing yourself into sense
Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #121
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Thank you for finally arguing yourself into sense
I will shut up now.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #122
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

^ HA! nfldraftscout changes a players rank and poof price starts singing a different tune. Seriously wow.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #123
Bmore Manning

As much as I dig Bell, and really got that bandwagon going.. I would be very content with a few middle to later round running backs in the draft.. I grabbed a kid in the OMane mock Michael Hill from Missouri Western, who was an absolute stud.. I would much rather load up with defensive talent from the draft...

Take a Hill, Maysonet, Stacy (if he lasts) in the seventh round..

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 04-17-2013 at 07:34 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #124
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
As much as I dig Bell, and really got that bandwagon going.. I would be very content with a few middle to later round running backs in the draft.. I grabbed a kid in the OMane mock Michael Hill from, who was an absolute stud.. I would much rather load up with defensive talent from the draft...
I like gillislee in the middle-late rounds
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #125
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Most SB contenders have multiple-pass rush threats at the DE position:
Ravens - Suggs, Kruger
Patriots - Jones, Ninkovic
Giants - JPP, Tuck, Umenyiora
Steelers - Harrison, Woodley
49'ers - Aldon and Justin Smith
Texans - Watt, Mercilus

The only reason the Broncos Defense has been able to dominate, is because of their NFL best pass-rush. If you don't replace Dumervil's talent, a lot of things change.
Your sample set does not support your claim Denver must draft a DE at #28

Most of the guys you listed that play opposite the main pass rusher put up between 4-6 sacks.

I'm pretty confident Wolfe himself can generate pressure and sacks at 6 a season

Margus Hunt would probably get 8-10
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote