The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #126
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This whole topic is a joke. If the point is society has a duty to make laws and create services to nurture children and help them become good citizens no one would argue that. Its when liberals put stupid people on tv and the radio and say things like people need to get over the notion they own their kids. That doesn't sound like people just saying we want to invest in education and things that help parents raise kids. That screams to people we want to force you to send your kids to the schools we want that teach what we say they should.
All it was was a good angle to get people talking about their crappy new show. Both sides are giving the cheap publicity stunt far more weight than it deserves.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #127
nyuk nyuk

@Cut - Look at the hag's twitter page who said this. The woman is a pinko at the very least. She says that housing, jobs, and good food are a human right. The community is not responsible for kids. You think she takes in other peoples' kids and is responsible for them as she is her own?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #128
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You need some vision correction, because I never said any of that.

I know what Christians think the "basic family unit" is, but that's far from universal nor is it obviously superior.

Anyone who questions right-wing evangelical Christian values is a Commie. We get it.
Well actually you and yours have all called conservatives backward cavemen/knuckledraggers who need to get with the times. This is quite standard liberal rhetoric.

Again, if you think the basic family unit is something to be laughed at and blown off, explain statistics that show kids from fatherless homes are poor and more likely to be screwed up. That's not something to ignore.

And no, anyone who parrots basic Marxist views on society and family is a pinko. I'm not religious.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #129
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So, then, do you disagree with what this Sully reader is saying? Or has your horizon perhaps been broadened?
I don't disagree in broad principle. The whole idea of publicly funded education is in the same spirit. But the "more funding" drum is too easy to beat. Ultimately, just pouring more borrowed cash into a fundamentally broken system does nothing to help America's next generation.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #130
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't disagree in broad principle. The whole idea of publicly funded education is in the same spirit. But the "more funding" drum is too easy to beat. Ultimately, just pouring more borrowed cash into a fundamentally broken system does nothing to help America's next generation.
Unfortunately, it's being abused to indoctrinate with personal philosophies and opinions. True professionals would keep their views out of their teaching and their textbooks. All too many educators have been treating kids like wet balls of clay to be molded in the image the teachers want them to be.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #131
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Well actually you and yours have all called conservatives backward cavemen/knuckledraggers who need to get with the times. This is quite standard liberal rhetoric.

Again, if you think the basic family unit is something to be laughed at and blown off, explain statistics that show kids from fatherless homes are poor and more likely to be screwed up. That's not something to ignore.

And no, anyone who parrots basic Marxist views on society and family is a pinko. I'm not religious.
Three comments, three blatant misstatements and/or smears. In baseball, three strikes.

Yer out!
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #132
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's being abused to indoctrinate with personal philosophies and opinions. True professionals would keep their views out of their teaching and their textbooks. All too many educators have been treating kids like wet balls of clay to be molded in the image the teachers want them to be.
Like I said before. School choice would sort most of this stuff out. In the meantime, involved parenting is the best an individual can do.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #133
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Back when parents were considered solely responsible for the child and were expected to raise children in marriage, we didn't have such massive problems with delinquency and poverty. Coincidence?
Only in your demented little head was there a time in history when when parents were considered solely responsible for the upbringing of children.

Not only that, but the trend as of late has been toward less responsibility of the extended family and community and toward your imagined concept.

See: this thread.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #134
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlet
Do you own your dog? Are you allowed to abuse it? yes you own the dog, no you can't abuse it legally. Of course simply the fact you have a child does not green light you to abuse the child. Why would even be arguing that? Of course society/govt has an obligation that pererves life and basic human rights. The parent still though have a bigger claim to ownership then society does over their children. Certianly parents have a right to teach alternative lifestyles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Of course kids legally belong to the parent. That doesn't mean the parent can do anything to them. However, I can see how kids belong to the collective if our taxes are being used to raise them, and maybe that's the point you and the leftists are trying to make here. Pay more into the state controlled coffers so they can provide more funding to raise kids.
Jesus you wingnuts are thick sometimes. Owning a person or thing implies sole and unlimited control over that person or thing. Parents do not have sole and unlimited control over their children (nor should they).

More importantly, you cannot OWN a sentient being. Parents don't own their children, and neither does anyone else.

Parents are responsible for their children, and are indeed the people that are primarily responsible for their children, but whether you like it or not other people are also responsible. Extended family, neighbors, teachers, religious leaders, etc.

Hell, go as your local clergy or faculty and ask if they share no responsibility in raising children. There's a good chance you'll get laughed at for even suggesting such a thing -- even by the clergy.

And no cutlet, people don't own pets anymore than people who adopt humans When the last time someone had their car taken away because they didn't wash it frequently enough or give it quality oil?.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #135
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

"We have to break through the private idea that kids belong to their parents. We have to recognize the collective idea that kids belong to the community."

-- Melissa Harris-Perry, 2013

"When an opponent declares 'I will not come over to your side', I calmly say
'Your child belongs to us already. What are you? You will pass on.
Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp.
In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community."

-- Some German guy in the 1930's
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #136
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
@Cut - Look at the hag's twitter page who said this. The woman is a pinko at the very least. She says that housing, jobs, and good food are a human right. The community is not responsible for kids. You think she takes in other peoples' kids and is responsible for them as she is her own?
She's right. Access to housing, education, food, water are human rights. But there is no human right to just get life handed to you.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #137
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
She's right. Access to housing, education, food, water are human rights. But there is no human right to just get life handed to you.
That's exactly right. Every human has a right to pursue those things. Nobody has the right to take from others to pursue those things.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #138
BroncoBeavis

I think we can sum it all up with this:

These children are property:
http://communities.washingtontimes.c...al-black-doct/

But once 3 trimesters pass, they belong to the collective.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #139
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Back when parents were considered solely responsible for the child and were expected to raise children in marriage, we didn't have such massive problems with delinquency and poverty. Coincidence?
Are you trying to be a familiast or what?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #140
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Once again, all the right wingers prove their selfishness by freaking out at the mention that they are responsible for more than just themselves and their immediate family.

Typical.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #141
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Once again, all the right wingers prove their selfishness by freaking out at the mention that they are responsible for more than just themselves and their immediate family.

Typical.
Lol, yep.

I wonder if any of them would like to take a guess at the central economic and political initiatives that took place during the early 1900s in America that allowed for for the gradual shift into "more secure" nuclear family units.

FWIW, ~ 65% of American families are have multiple generations living within the same household. That trend is likely to continue with the current economic climate in addition to the growing number of immigrants who come from cultures who have communal backgrounds.

In the span of human history, it wasn't until major religious and theocratic movements (coupled with proto-industrialization) several centuries ago that tried to dictate the concept of a nuclear family. Any person with a lick of knowledge would realize this.

I can think of numerous benefits to growing up in an extended family unit. Very thankful to have been afforded that opportunity.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #142
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post

Typical.
oh okay so next year you're going to pay for my daughter's college books?

And my youngest daughter needs braces, so can I count on you to pay your fair share of those too?

PM me and I will give you the names of the college and orthodontist to make the checks out to..... oh and thanks for realizing that you're responsible for other people's kids .

unless of course you're selfish and don't want to give the money for it because they're not your kids...... which would then makes you a hypocrite.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #143
W*GS
Ring of Famer

errand still don't get it.

Of course.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #144
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
oh okay so next year you're going to pay for my daughter's college books?

And my youngest daughter needs braces, so can I count on you to pay your fair share of those too?

PM me and I will give you the names of the college and orthodontist to make the checks out to..... oh and thanks for realizing that you're responsible for other people's kids .

unless of course you're selfish and don't want to give the money for it because they're not your kids...... which would then makes you a hypocrite.
And as is also typical, the wingnuts don't posses the ability to think about anything in anything but black and white terms.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #145
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

LMAO some things never change .. the right wing here is still bat **** crazy
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #146
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

What up Spider? Wanna come pick me up in your truck so we can get our mash on some buttercup sluts at a truck stop?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #147
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

.... Req been to busy for that
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #148
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Where have you been?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #149
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
No, they aren't human rights. Make those human rights and watch the ranks of social parasites expand like a binge eater in a bakery.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #150
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What up Spider? Wanna come pick me up in your truck so we can get our mash on some buttercup sluts at a truck stop?
Sounds like misogyny here. Oh goodness.