The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Not a Brady fan in the least but I'm glad to see anyone that makes it in America and is living the dream. You earned it Tom, live large.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #27
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I'm not sure what he did to make people cry.
I agree. I don't understand what's so terrible here.

And I'm about as far away to being a Brady fan as you can be.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

It's easy for Brady to call out other athletes for them complaining about money. In comparison to other NFL players, Brady doesn't have to worry about getting his fair share. He's always going to be paid, and his wife makes more than him. Those two are beyond loaded. The typical NFL player is making way more than the average Joe, but they aren't set for life like Brady, and they never will be. So Brady should just shut the hell up.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #29
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Bingo - a close relative of False Humility is White Guilt. "I must be a racist, or at least be a bigot because I'm white". Wrong. The race-baiters (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Toure, etc.) would be unemployed if they stopped tying EVERYTHING to race, and how blacks are discriminated against ALWAYS by EVERYONE. Seriously, how is the democrat party doing on creating jobs for ANYONE, regardless of their skin tone? Let's go color blind - I wouldn't care what color you are if you would just quit bringing it up. Please.
How did anything in his post provide you with an opening to get on a soapbox about race?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #30
Bacchus

Wow, that is a nice house!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #31
Action

How does that quote say anything about how much money he has or the size of his house or his private life style?

If you had a picture of him at the strip club making it rain with some cash, you might be on to something... but having a big ass house?

Last time I checked, a house is an asset.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #32
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
It's easy for Brady to call out other athletes for them complaining about money. In comparison to other NFL players, Brady doesn't have to worry about getting his fair share. He's always going to be paid, and his wife makes more than him. Those two are beyond loaded. The typical NFL player is making way more than the average Joe, but they aren't set for life like Brady, and they never will be. So Brady should just shut the hell up.
If they were as good as him at their jobs they would be compensated equally. So now it is Brady's fault that he's a HOF QB and gets paid for it
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #33
delany
Uber Bronco

He should pay for dance lessons with all that money.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #34
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The original poster is a whiner
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #35
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

my house has a moat too... oh wait, never mind that's just water pooling in the low spots.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #36
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
If they were as good as him at their jobs they would be compensated equally. So now it is Brady's fault that he's a HOF QB and gets paid for it
He's a quarterback, so he's going to get paid a crazy amount of money. Even if they were as good as him at their position they wouldn't make as much. also take into account that the average NFL player (most NFL players are not making superstar money) will not make anywhere near what Brady makes, and Brady is one of the very few, if not the only one, that has a wife that makes more than him. It really doesn't matter what the reasons are, but Brady is in a unique situation, so I'm rolling my eyes when he calls out other players, because they are not anywhere close to being in his situation.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #37
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Brady is one of the very few, if not the only one, that has a wife that makes more than him. It really doesn't matter what the reasons are, but Brady is in a unique situation, so I'm rolling my eyes when he calls out other players, because they are not anywhere close to being in his situation.
I agree, Brady talking like that makes him look like a jerk.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I agree, Brady talking like that makes him look like a jerk.
If Brady wore 18 metric tons of gold around his neck and wiped his ass with diamond covered silk and laughed at poor people I could respect that. He is good at what he does and he is not doing anything illegal, he has earned his money.

If he is so ashamed of being rich that he feels a need to display false humility in public then he should give away his money, this lying bull**** just makes him look like an insecure a-hole.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #39
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

I don't think that Brady is a jerk because of his statement. I don't think he's overpaid, or that athletes in general are overpaid. I just think that he shouldn't compare his financial situation with the typical NFL player. Just like you can't compare the average Joe with the typical NFL player, you can't compare the typical NFL player to Brady. He's on a totally different level.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 04-08-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #40
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I'll take this over anything:
Especially if it came with this:

Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I thought the OM was the place where it was cool to boast about big houses and having money!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sadly there are too many people in this nation who think otherwise......including the guy they put in office
Yepers.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sadly there are too many people in this nation who think otherwise......including the guy they put in office
So Obama said he should feel bad? Seriously?!?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #44
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, that is a nice house!!!
Personally i think it's way too big and the French roofing is beyond tacky but whatever floats his boat. This is just not the dream to me. What do you do in that house other than **** Gisele in every room?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
If Brady wore 18 metric tons of gold around his neck and wiped his ass with diamond covered silk and laughed at poor people I could respect that. He is good at what he does and he is not doing anything illegal, he has earned his money.

If he is so ashamed of being rich that he feels a need to display false humility in public then he should give away his money, this lying bull**** just makes him look like an insecure a-hole.
That has nothing to do with my what I stated. I have no problem with what any player makes. They earn the money. Brady is acting like he is a superior person putting team first by taking a lower pay, but in reality he has a wife that supports him and he doesn't have to worry about money after he retires.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #46
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Seems like there are two different ways to read Brady's comments. It can be read as him telling other athletes to stop complaining about what they are making, because they are all making a lot of money, or it can be read as him telling athletes to stop flaunting their money.

I read it as him getting on other athletes about complaining about money, and always fighting for a larger contract. In that sense, he can shut up, because he is a player that does not have to worry about that. One, because he is a quarterback, and two, because his wife makes a boat load of money. Money isn't really a big thing to him, where as to other athletes, they are fighting to get what they can get before their window of making big money closes.

If Brady is talking about athletes flaunting their money, they I can go along with his point. I'd like to see these athletes be a little more humble and take into account that a good amount of their fans are in some sort of financial struggle.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #47
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I've never seen so many posters completely miss the point of the OP.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #48
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
How did anything in his post provide you with an opening to get on a soapbox about race?
lol
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #49
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I've never seen so many posters completely miss the point of the OP.
Maybe if you are worried about people missing the point, you shouldn't leave it up to the 'pictures to do the talking'.

Just sayin'.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #50
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Frankly, I'm surprised nobody has tried squeezing gun control into this conversation yet.

Race, wealth disparity, and politics have already been covered.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote