The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Falcons to release Turner....better option than Mcgahee?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in&hpt=hp_bn15

I know all the trollers will be smartasses but I think he would make a much safer big option than Mcgahee if the price is right....this saying Dwyer isnt an option of course because youth always wins with RBs but seriously this guy knows how to get yards especially if hes just a situational back. what do you think?
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
spiralism

Does he fumble more or less than McGahee? That should provide the answer to be honest.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I have soured on Willis this year. He fumbles too much and is always out for at least 2-4 games a year. I think Willis pre injury is more explosive than Turner is now but who knows at this point.

I would love to see Turner as a short yardage back but don't see him busting off 1k in our system.

What we really need is a back who can take over games and salt them away at the end. That takes youth and quickness, neither things Turner has much of at this point.

I think there are better cheaper backs to be had in FA.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

NO.

Hes done.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I have soured on Willis this year. He fumbles too much and is always out for at least 2-4 games a year. I think Willis pre injury is more explosive than Turner is now but who knows at this point.

I would love to see Turner as a short yardage back but don't see him busting off 1k in our system.

What we really need is a back who can take over games and salt them away at the end. That takes youth and quickness, neither things Turner has much of at this point.

I think there are better cheaper backs to be had in FA.
Pretty much this, although Turner fits a prototypical John Fox back.

I didn't realize Dwyer was RFA. I think he might be the answer.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
SlyEli

no thanks.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would rather wait and see what Steven Jackson is wanting after the Rams let him go. Still pissed we drafted D.J. Over him.
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I would rather wait and see what Steven Jackson is wanting after the Rams let him go. Still pissed we drafted D.J. Over him.
McKid would have traded him anyway.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

steven jackson would be an amazing steal...but i bet he goes to a team like the Pats or Steelers....he would be perfect and i agree turner doesnt have alot left but i think he would be more consistent than mcgahee i mean his injury really hurt us at the worst possible time and i would prefer never to see hillman getting that many carries in meaningful games again the guy is a scatback at best we need a mauler between the tackles and i dont think drafting one is the answer
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdissette View Post
steven jackson would be an amazing steal...but i bet he goes to a team like the Pats or Steelers....he would be perfect and i agree turner doesnt have alot left but i think he would be more consistent than mcgahee i mean his injury really hurt us at the worst possible time and i would prefer never to see hillman getting that many carries in meaningful games again the guy is a scatback at best we need a mauler between the tackles and i dont think drafting one is the answer
I get your point about Hillman, he is not a 30 carry RB but he did do a great job after getting pressed into action after KM went down. Too bad Hester **** the bed on short yardage.

I am excited to see if he can add a lot of muscle and be harder to bring down this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Oh for God's sakes, the hell with the old broken down useless running backs whose old teams don't want them anymore. I'd rather release Willis and role into next year with Knowshon, Hillman, and Jeremiah Johnson, and take a shot at landing this years Alfred Morris in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Steven Jackson and/or Michael Turner? Hell with that, you can get just as much or more production than them just looking at our own practice squad. Without spending a ton.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Oh for God's sakes, the hell with the old broken down useless running backs whose old teams don't want them anymore. I'd rather release Willis and role into next year with Knowshon, Hillman, and Jeremiah Johnson, and take a shot at landing this years Alfred Morris in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Steven Jackson and/or Michael Turner? Hell with that, you can get just as much or more production than them just looking at our own practice squad. Without spending a ton.
I'd take Jackson over any of the RBs we currently have in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be disapointed at all if we signed him.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I'd take Jackson over any of the RBs we currently have in a heartbeat. I wouldn't be disapointed at all if we signed him.
what price you want the team to pay for an oft injured running back going into his 9th year?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
what price you want the team to pay for an oft injured running back going into his 9th year?
The Rams will pay Denver to take him.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He's a better option if Mcgahee not what he was before this last injury but I am worried about Willis. I doubt he has anything left at this point. Who knows though he is used to making comebacks.

Turner though we are in same boat. NO BIG PLAYS. Time to get more explosive and take Lacey if he is there. If not take one of the good guards that are available. Either way you work on the running game.

If broncos put everything into Kuper coming back,Walton coming back, that would be a huge risk. I think they at least have to bring in a journeyman vet who could start at guard if need be.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If we kept Moreno and Hillman, and then added say a Chris Ivory, or a Jonathan Dwyer we could probably be decent at that spot. Stop gap type thing.

In a way I could see Broncos taking Trufant or another top CB. Bailey isn't getting any younger and Carter more a 3rd CB IMO.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like Chris Ivory he could really explode on the right team.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Just saying that he's still better than what we have. We need to bring in a RB...I'd be happy as long as any of the guys currently on the roster aren't the starter. RB was easily a weak spot on O.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We can find a RB with more tread left on the tires then Turner. He looks so slow when he plays now.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #20
schaaf

Yeah, him and Mcgahee are pretty much the same player at this point
Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #21
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I like Chris Ivory he could really explode on the right team.
^ This is my choice
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I've never understood anyone being enamored by Jackson. Or Turner now. Actually Turner, having been a backup for his first 4 years, has more TD's than Jackson. Both are in their 9th year and considering that a RB's lifespan is between 4 and 5 years, they are the end of their ropes. Both remind me of wanting DeAngelo Williams. All have had 1 good year and that was a while ago. We need youth at that position. I'd consider Dwyer or Ivory and agree with you about 1 in the 5th to 7th round too.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #23
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

last i looked slowshon sucks balls except for 2games...oh yeah and hes been injured since hes been in the league...if we continue to pay that idiot we are making a huge mistake. Hillman has zero chance of being a number 1 for 17games the guys barely bigger than trindon holliday. Mcgahee is just not trustworthy longterm. Both Turner and Jackson have been more consitent than either of the backs on our roster. We dont need some hollywood stretch running game....we need consitent short yardage backs that can catch a ball out of the backfield....mcgahee cant catch, slowshon cant run, or break tackles, and hillman is just too small....and rookies fumble and usually arent productive their first year...we need a proven back that can be reliable...and nobody on the roster right now is either.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #24
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

After seeing what happens at the RB position over the years, there is no way I would bother drafting a RB high in the draft unless you are in position to draft a fairly certain HOF type of RB. Nor would I bother giving big money to a veteran RB with mileage. So many capable, if not really good RB's are being found at all stages in the draft and even undrafted free agency that it seems a waste to spend a ton of money at that position. Yes, the Broncos need help at RB, but not in the first round nor spending big money on veterans who have taken too many hits.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #25
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

we are a contender so we will be getting veterans especially career losing team vets on the cheap believe that