The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You'll notice I'm not all that excited with the FO over Doom either. You don't have to slobknob every decision the team makes to be a fan. Not sure if you figured that out yet.
No I have noticed that you are a lying snake in the grass douche who never passed on an opporunity to bash the most beloved icon in Broncos history over an obsession with a ****ty fb who will be out of the league in a year or two

I dont care that you are a grown man obsessed with Tebow, but to start pulling the fan card on anyone is just laughably pathetic.

Your not worth any more of my time though, good luck spamming the next fanbase of whoever Tim ends up with.
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #27
Drunken.Broncoholic

Well at least Beavis is still around and frequents the boards. Which is more than I can say for all those others that ran their mouths and then disappeared when tebow left
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But if you want to go back I think you'll note that my (and others') main objection to the move was that Pey(mea)ton's salary was going to have significant implications for the rest of the team, and especially the defense that was just emerging into something special.
Sure, losing Doom hurts, but we also upgraded at DT (Knighton>Bannan) and at CB (DRC>Porter). And we still have the draft to make improvements. While losing Doom is certainly a negative, I don't see the D falling apart as a result.

Oh, and losing Doom had zero to do with Peyton. They had the money and cap space to keep him. They just made the decision that he was poor value at $12 million and tried to adjust that figure to a number they considered better value. So, if you think Doom was worth the money, then the blame should go to the front office for undervaluing him, not Peyton's salary which clearly wasn't a factor.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Sure, losing Doom hurts, but we also upgraded at DT (Knighton>Bannan) and at CB (DRC>Porter). And we still have the draft to make improvements. While losing Doom is certainly a negative, I don't see the D falling apart as a result.

Oh, and losing Doom had zero to do with Peyton. They had the money and cap space to keep him. They just made the decision that he was poor value at $12 million and tried to adjust that figure to a number they considered better value. So, if you think Doom was worth the money, then the blame should go to the front office for undervaluing him.
There's no question he needed to be renegotiated. But he was ours for $9, no question. Instead they gambled and haggled at $7.5 or $8, with a deadline within hours, and $5mil in dead money on the line.

Maybe there's a player out there you take that kind of gamble with (for chump change) Doom should never have been one of them.

And of course PM's chunk is an issue. If a couple million on Doom was an issue, there's no way PM's mammoth salary wasn't. They just don't have any leverage there to do anything about it with PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Well at least Beavis is still around and frequents the boards. Which is more than I can say for all those others that ran their mouths and then disappeared when tebow left
Are you complaining?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I like Beavis, It is nice having an alternate take from someone who doesn't believe in alien technology or time travelling Nazi's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #32
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I like Beavis, It is nice having an alternate take from someone who doesn't believe in alien technology or time travelling Nazi's.
Come on now, Steven. Everyone knows that if Hitler could really time travel, the Bible would end with a Panzer division rolling west through that opening in the Red Sea. Common Sense man.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Are you complaining?
Not at all ha! I'd take 2 beavis's if it meant no MacGruder/KO5K
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So true!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #35
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Not at all ha! I'd take 2 beavis's if it meant no MacGruder/KO5K
Only 2? I can start channeling McGroob if you need a refresher.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Come on now, Steven. Everyone knows that if Hitler could really time travel, the Bible would end with a Panzer division rolling west through that opening in the Red Sea. Common Sense man.
That would give new meaning to "Let My People GO!"
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #37
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
You have to forgive some of us broncos fans who were actually fans of the team when he was drafted. And god forbid we liked the guy
Personally, I liked Dumervil....

He was a productive player while in Denver.....but he was overpaid the past season and definitely would be this season too.

Add in the faxgate bull**** that I firmly believe he knew about all along, and it doesn't bother me much that he's no longer a Broncos player.

sometimes good players have to move on.....it was true in Dumervil's case.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #38
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Personally, I liked Dumervil....

He was a productive player while in Denver.....but he was overpaid the past season and definitely would be this season too.

Add in the faxgate bull**** that I firmly believe he knew about all along, and it doesn't bother me much that he's no longer a Broncos player.

sometimes good players have to move on.....it was true in Dumervil's case.
He was overpaid but Denver only saved $7 million on the cap by cutting him. He is worth $7 million so in essence they should have just brought him back with his $12 million contract.