The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default Jesse Williams... yes please?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5928--nfl.html

can this guy fit better in jdr scheme? i think not....

not a 'sexy' pick but man I am loving this guy every day more and more.

Thoughts? Can we trade back and still get him? Does he even fall to us?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I think he will go somewhere around our area, if not a little later. I'd be a little surprised if he was a Top 25 guy and getting the Ngata comparison is high praise. Just ask pricejj though, he sucks.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i live in arizona had no idea we had a juco called "Western Arizona Community College"

How the hell did saban find this guy?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I've wanted Jesse all along at that pick. Still do.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think he will go somewhere around our area, if not a little later. I'd be a little surprised if he was a Top 25 guy and getting the Ngata comparison is high praise. Just ask pricejj though, he sucks.
Making up stuff again huh? Here's my direct quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
With 32" arms, I would actually be surprised if he went before #50. I could see somebody taking a flyer on him in the 2nd round seeing him as a solid NT.
I have Jesse Williams rated #57 on my board. Where do you have him going?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I think he was asking the OP to refer to you as to why he isn't a good pick in the 1st round.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

No, I read exactly what you said in response to Mediator the other day and you laughed at his production, yet still fail to grasp his responsibilities with the Crimson Tide. And yes, I actually have a board and released it on Mile High Report several days ago. It's my Top 100.

You can see where I have Williams.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
No, I read exactly what you said in response to Mediator the other day and you laughed at his production, yet still fail to grasp his responsibilities with the Crimson Tide. And yes, I actually have a board and released it on Mile High Report several days ago. It's my Top 100.

You can see where I have Williams.
I have Williams at #57 and you have Williams at #37. Yet you claim, "I think he sucks". Med was remarking how dynamic Williams was as a 3-4 DE in 2011, and his stats simply don't bear that out.

Actually, I completely grasp his responsibilities with the Crimson Tide. I also realize that draft grades NFL teams put on run-stopping NT's isn't as high as other players.

What's funny is, I had all the NT's from this draft class (except Lotulelei, who I had pegged at around 20) as 2nd round picks at the start of this process...and you clowned me over and over again for it. From the looks of your 'top 100', it appears like you agree with me now. Freaking hilarious, what changed?

You also have Datone Jones as an 'NFL LDE', after just days ago you wanted the Broncos to pick him to replace Dumervil at RDE...and clowned me for saying he would be better on the strongside. What changed with that one?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'll engage in conversation with you once you actually watch the prospects play instead of flicking Cheetos off your stomach and rubbing off to WalterFootball.com reports. Welcome to ignore.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have Williams at #57 and you have Williams at #37. Yet you claim, "I think he sucks". Med was remarking how dynamic Williams was as a 3-4 DE in 2011, and his stats simply don't bear that out.

Actually, I completely grasp his responsibilities with the Crimson Tide. I also realize that draft grades NFL teams put on run-stopping NT's isn't as high as other players.

What's funny is, I had all the NT's from this draft class (except Lotulelei, who I had pegged at around 20) as 2nd round picks at the start of this process...and you clowned me over and over again for it. From the looks of your 'top 100', it appears like you agree with me now. Freaking hilarious, what changed?

You also have Datone Jones as an 'NFL LDE', after just days ago you wanted the Broncos to pick him to replace Dumervil at RDE...and clowned me for saying he would be better on the strongside. What changed with that one?

Not getting involved in this feud, but will comment.

I do agree with Mediator regarding Williams as a 34 DE or even as a 3 technique DT in a 43. I watched him at NT, he's not good. He doesn't anchor well and he gets blocked out when he tries to two gap. He does, however, penetrate extremely well when asked to shoot a gap. That's his future, as a pass rusher. I question any individual's sanity if they think he's a good two gapping NT prospect and stout against the run. As for stats, Marcell Dareus was the same type of player and barely put up stats as well. He went #3 Overall and is doing quite well as a 3 tech in a 43 defense.

As for Datone Jones, he could play either DE spot, it just depends on the scheme. In a traditional scheme, I would agree he fits better as a Power End.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I'll engage in conversation with you once you actually watch the prospects play instead of flicking Cheetos off your stomach and rubbing off to WalterFootball.com reports. Welcome to ignore.
Lol. I don't look at any reports. And I definitely don't trust 'expert' evaluations. But I have noticed you are big on insults, and get banned often.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Not getting involved in this feud, but will comment.

I do agree with Mediator regarding Williams as a 34 DE or even as a 3 technique DT in a 43. I watched him at NT, he's not good. He doesn't anchor well and he gets blocked out when he tries to two gap. He does, however, penetrate extremely well when asked to shoot a gap. That's his future, as a pass rusher. I question any individual's sanity if they think he's a good two gapping NT prospect and stout against the run. As for stats, Marcell Dareus was the same type of player and barely put up stats as well. He went #3 Overall and is doing quite well as a 3 tech in a 43 defense.
I think Williams has a better chance to win against Center's and OG's. That's why I'd put him at 1-tech, or 3-tech. I do think he anchors well, he just doesn't drive blockers upfield (like Marcel Dareus can). The dude has an extremely powerful body and can throw blockers to the side, despite his short arms.

Williams didn't put up super impressive stats at Arizona Western JC, and says he is most comfortable at 135 kg's (300 lbs.). Maybe if he dropped some weight he could be a pretty darn good 3-tech. Deserving of top 50.

Great character, plays basketball...super hard worker. Probably goes somewhere around #40.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-04-2013 at 03:37 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

not real high on drafting a NT. not this year or at least not this high.
he may be flexible but he's more of a NT than UT and we need another UT to pair with Knighton. get some pass rush going and force the OL to account for everyone.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #14
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'd be fine with Williams at 28. That's the beauty of where we're at. There's a dozen quality guys that will be there, or we can trade back. 30-60 this year is stacked. It's a ****ty year to have a top 5 pick.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #15
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'd be fine with Williams at 28. That's the beauty of where we're at. There's a dozen quality guys that will be there, or we can trade back. 30-60 this year is stacked. It's a ****ty year to have a top 5 pick.

Well, I think top 10-15 is pretty strong, especially OT and DT. I think it's a bad year to be sitting in the 15-25 range though because those guys are vastly similar to the guys still likely to be around in the Mid-2nd. 28th isn't bad, it isn't ideal though. It's probably too late for Lacy, Te'o, and possibly Carradine and Reid. I feel like we're looking squarely at Datone Jones, Kevin Minter, John Jenkins, or Jonathan Cyprien. That is unless, of course, one of the four guys from earlier slides to us. In that circumstance, 28th is a phenominal place to be.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Well, I think top 10-15 is pretty strong, especially OT and DT. I think it's a bad year to be sitting in the 15-25 range though because those guys are vastly similar to the guys still likely to be around in the Mid-2nd. 28th isn't bad, it isn't ideal though. It's probably too late for Lacy, Te'o, and possibly Carradine and Reid. I feel like we're looking squarely at Datone Jones, Kevin Minter, John Jenkins, or Jonathan Cyprien. That is unless, of course, one of the four guys from earlier slides to us. In that circumstance, 28th is a phenominal place to be.
Really? I don't see it that way. To me, the name of the game is franchise QB. If you're drafting top 5, you don't have one. There isn't a single QB in the draft worthy of a top 10 pick. You're right in that there are a couple of quality OTs worthy of top 5, but beyond that there isn't a franchise QB, Skill position freak, or Von/Watt type defensive talent. Milliner is good, but pay a CB top 5 money good? Champ good? There are some intriguing DT prospects, but not the dynamic let's snag this guy with the 1-3 overall pick. As a franchise, is a Sharif Floyd, or Jarvis Jones, or the FSU DE worthy of a top 5 pick. I really like Warmack, but do you burn a top 10 pick on a guard? I really like the Vacaro kid from Texas too, but do you burn a top 10 pick on a SS?

I think this is one of the better drafts in recent memory to be sitting at 25-32
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...3jwilliams.php

Some project Williams to be a late first-round pick, but with his lack of pass-rush ability he looks better suited to be second- or third-round pick.

really?? i dont think so walter
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Walter Football is pretty much a joke.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Walter Football is pretty much a joke.
Plus, he's always taking shots at the Broncos. Waste O space.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: