The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default Not that there is anything wrong with this but...

who do you think it is?


...CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman wrote Monday that he was told a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly. The plan would be for the unnamed player to do so in the next few months, then carry on with his NFL career.

Freeman based the information on several interviews with current and former NFL players, but the reporter doesn't know who the player is. If the player does come out, it would be a landmark moment in U.S. professional team sports...
More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ealing-hes-gay

Gronk?
Vince Young?
Tommy Brady?
Brady Quinn?
kFc fan base?
Oakland fans, only when they are in prison?
100 other NFL players who don't want to be outed?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
who do you think it is?


...CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman wrote Monday that he was told a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly. The plan would be for the unnamed player to do so in the next few months, then carry on with his NFL career.

Freeman based the information on several interviews with current and former NFL players, but the reporter doesn't know who the player is. If the player does come out, it would be a landmark moment in U.S. professional team sports...
More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ealing-hes-gay

Gronk?
Vince Young?
Tommy Brady?
Brady Quinn?
kFc fan base?
Oakland fans, only when they are in prison?
100 other NFL players who don't want to be outed?
Brady loves him some New England Man Chowder
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,240

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Its been said for years bellacheat and Richard Gere have been close friends. Nothing to see here.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It says he will attempt to play, probably a guy who is older.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer
 
illbroncsfn's Avatar
 
adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Land o' Lincoln
Posts: 4,021
Default

Whoever it is will have a plethora of marketing opportunities...
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Maybe T'eo wants to wait til he's drafted to come out!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I'll believe it when I see the actual announcement...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

teeeebooww!
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

It will be a lesser known player.....it TO.
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,762
Default

.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,660
Default

I'd advise him to wait til he retires. Unless he is a superstar, then that changes things, but not by much.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Either come out or don't. Strongly considering sounds like a drama queen.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I'd advise him to wait til he retires. Unless he is a superstar, then that changes things, but not by much.


This has happened already in a couple sports. He needs to do it while playing. Helps if it's a respected vet. Like that rugby star real sports profiled this year
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

kluwe
DarkHorse30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Oakland fans, only when they are in prison?
This is not the answer, because prison doesn't count.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This has happened already in a couple sports. He needs to do it while playing. Helps if it's a respected vet. Like that rugby star real sports profiled this year

I'm aware of the players who have come out.

I would suppose it depends on the city and organization he plays for as well as his status in football. A player outing themselves becomes an immediate media distraction. Every player on that team will be asked, "are you ok with...", you will have dumbass fans who will run their mouths and say some pretty vile things. Fanbases themselves will split. Imagine Tebowmania/circus x10. All because an athlete decided to let the public know he prefers men.

Good luck to him.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
kluwe

Fujita.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
teeeebooww!
game. set. match.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,718

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I'm aware of the players who have come out.

I would suppose it depends on the city and organization he plays for as well as his status in football. A player outing themselves becomes an immediate media distraction. Every player on that team will be asked, "are you ok with...", you will have dumbass fans who will run their mouths and say some pretty vile things. Fanbases themselves will split. Imagine Tebowmania/circus x10. All because an athlete decided to let the public know he prefers men.

Good luck to him.

This sure sounds like Tebow's entire career.

Props to Yerner for pointing him out.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
teeeebooww!
I highly doubt it. He's from hard core christian family and he's by the book good boy.

I always thought Jeff Garcia was gay.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,235
Default

It's gotta be Jeff Garcia. Dating the hot girls to make it look like he was straight. The lisp. His great fashion sense and the fact he played in San Fran make him a good pick for the gay pool. I'd say like 2 or 3-1 odds.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #22
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's gotta be Jeff Garcia. Dating the hot girls to make it look like he was straight. The lisp. His great fashion sense and the fact he played in San Fran make him a good pick for the gay pool. I'd say like 2 or 3-1 odds.
you should probably learn how to read
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #23
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Starting a gay / coming out of closet discussion with "not that there is anything wrong.." is akin to starting a conversation of race by saying I'm not racist or I have plenty of black/spanish/white... friends but.

just sayin
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #24
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,142
Default

Some friends and I were discussing this issue the other day and sadly came to the conclusion that if a top ten prospect heading into the week of the draft came out of the closet, he would probably end up falling out of the first round.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Got to be a kicker.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Denver Broncos