The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #76
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'm still trying to figure out when those that wanted cuts in defense and the military started defending the build up of weaponry and ammunition? 2009? So the average Joe should have to go through tougher requirements to buy and keep a gun, but Homeland Security should add tons of such things without having to answer for it? "Interesting" country we have to say the least.
There is no build up of weaponry and ammo.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #77
houghtam
Ring of Famer

^^

This.

When I worked for one of the pro sports teams in Cincinnati I was able to negotiate a deal with a local meat supplier that we could purchase several different types of hot dogs at a certain price, and because of our usage, that price was capped at a certain quantity.

My boss didn't look at the contract and blow a gasket after seeing the number of hot dogs we could buy at that price, and he definitely didn't say "there's no way our customers could eat that many!"
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #78
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The only people in "shock and awe" are the ignorant like you. How many time do I have to say it:

1.) They haven't bought 2 billion rounds. They have several contracts that add up to a MAXIMUM LIMIT AT A CERTAIN PRICE of that many. Do you not understand the difference?

2.) What they have contracted if over a FIVE YEAR PERIOD.

3.) Given what the DHS does (lots and lots of training), the amount of ammo in the RFQ is quite reasonable.

In other words, the DHS has negotiated a bulk rate on ammo for 5 years, with a maximum limit to the number of rounds that they can buy at that rate. They have not actually bought that much ammo.

You have to be pretty GD daft to not understand that.

Again: Based on your reasoning, how many rounds do they actually need? Why won't you answer such a simple question?
Homeland Security needs 0 bullets in fact the whole mess needs to be decommissioned.

Now answer a question for me.

Why do we need Homeland Security.

Oh and if you can't confiscate the guns what is the next best thing.? You dry up the ammunition supply. How do you do that? Have DHS put in a requisition for 2 BILLION BULLETS.

Have you tried to buy a box of bullets lately? You can't.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #79
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Homeland Security needs 0 bullets in fact the whole mess needs to be decommissioned.
The coast guard doesn't need bullets?
The secret service doesn't need bullets?
The federal police don't need bullets?
The border patrol doesn't need bullets?
The FBI, Federal Marshals, various state police forces, etc. don't need bullets?

Quote:

I agree certain elements of HS are pointless, such as the TSA. I also agree that the umbrella agency itself is not necessary, though the previous situation was even more silly as it was the treasury dept. that ran many of those law enforcement agencies.

Doesn't mean I'm an ignoramus like you who thinks there aren't legit functions done by the current DHS.

Quote:
Oh and if you can't confiscate the guns what is the next best thing.? You dry up the ammunition supply. How do you do that? Have DHS put in a requisition for 2 BILLION BULLETS.
Jesus ****in' christ, they did not requisition 2 billion bullets. Get a ****ing clue already.

Quote:
Yes you can. I've purchased quite a bit of ammo and components lately 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP, .300wm, 30-06, primers, powder, bullets, etc. There is a shortage of course -- caused by idiot hoarders.

I buy from Midway, and have the things I want on auto notify. Every few days they get a shipment of ammo and/or components., and within hours the hoarders have gobbled it all up.

See what Hornady, a major ammo and components maker has to say:

http://www.hornady.com/support/availability

Quote:
The current political climate has caused extremely high demand on all shooting industry products, including ours. Empty retail shelves, long backorders, and exaggerated price increases on online auction sites – all fueled by rumors and conjecture – have amplified concerns about the availability of ammunition and firearms-related items.

If the information you hear doesn’t originate from Hornady Manufacturing, don’t believe it.

Here are some of rumors we’ve heard, and questions we’ve received:

Have you stopped production, or has the government forced you to stop?
Not at all.
Did you stop selling bullets so you could only make loaded ammunition?
Absolutely not.
Since we can’t find your product you must be selling it all to the government.
Nope, less than 5% of our sales are to government entities.
Why can’t you make more? Ramp up production? Turn on all the machines?
We’ve been steadily growing our production for a long time, especially the last five years. We’ve added presses, lathes, CNC equipment, people and space. Many popular items are produced 24 hours a day. Several hundred Hornady employees work overtime every week to produce as much as safely possible. If there is any question about that – please take a tour of the factory. You’ll be amazed at what you see.

We are producing as much as we can; much more than last year, which was a lot more than the year before, etc. No one wants to ship more during this time than we do.

We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience. We don’t know when the situation will improve, so please bear with us a little longer. And remember, when it comes to Hornady Manufacturing, if you don’t hear it from us, please don’t believe it.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #80
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Oh and if you can't confiscate the guns what is the next best thing.? You dry up the ammunition supply. How do you do that? Have DHS request a quote for a maximum of 2 BILLION BULLETS over 5 years.

#1, fixed your post in bold.

#2, Why aren't you putting that question to the gun nuts as well?

Perhaps if every time one of their mouth-breathing brethren shoots up a place they didn't go crazy and buy up everything they can get their hands on, there'd be more bullets to go around.

Also, you're leaving out the fact (again, or still, I can't tell) that although the RFQ was made by DHS, they plan on only using 750M of them, again, for training. The rest are being purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ssabullets.asp

Edit: Meh, Fed you're doing a good enough job on your own of showing baja the research he's missing. I'm going to sleep.

Last edited by houghtam; 03-28-2013 at 09:03 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #81
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was in a gun shop 2 days after the election (was on a hunting trip). The owner was discussion how by noon the day after the election he'd been cleaned out of almost all handgun ammo, 5.56, .233, and 7.62, and had sold 20 some AR-15s.

Lots of paranoid idiots is what is causing the shortages, not a (completely non-existant as we've discussed) giant purchase from DHS.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 AM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Of course there was a run on ammo and assault rifles. When your govt says things like we should make those illegal, and other politicians talk about taxing ammo, you get out and get what you can while you can.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #83
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Dig a little deeper, Baja. Those 2700 vehicles, were not tanks, but modifications to Marine Corps vehicles.

Quote:
NAVY

Navistar Defense, L.L.C., Warrenville, Ill., is being awarded an $879,923,195 firm-fixed-priced delivery order 0023 under previously awarded contract (M67854-07-D-5032) for the procurement of 2,717 units of rolling chassis; 10 engineering change proposals; and 25 contract data requirements lists, for MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. Work will be performed in West Point, Miss., and is expected to be completed by the end of October 2013. Procurement funds in the amount of $879,923,195 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The original contract was competitively procured. The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity.
http://www.defense.gov/contracts/con...ontractid=4701
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #84
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Of course there was a run on ammo and assault rifles. When your govt says things like we should make those illegal, and other politicians talk about taxing ammo, you get out and get what you can while you can.
Apparently you missed the run on weapons and ammo in 2008 after his first election, when he was still graded as an F by the Brady Campaign.

It's not a normal reaction, it's paranoia.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #85
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Dig a little deeper, Baja. Those 2700 vehicles, were not tanks, but modifications to Marine Corps vehicles.

http://www.defense.gov/contracts/con...ontractid=4701
Baja won't be happy until they've spent more millions on filling in the gun slots and stripping off the extra armor.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #86
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
25 contract data requirements lists, for MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles.
Yes I know they are not tanks in the strict sense of the word but why do we need these vehicles on the streets of America. The bullets the MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles, seems like Homeland Security is gearing up for civil unrest.

BTW what about this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkSkQgnEV-Q

Now look into FEMA camps

Add it all up and what do ya got?

Last edited by baja; 03-29-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #87
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes I know they are not tanks in the strict sense of the word but why do we need these vehicles on the streets of America. The bullets the MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles, seems like Homeland Security is gearing up for civil unrest.

BTW what about this;

Now look into FEMA camps

How about we ask the people of New Orleans and New York?

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1209/120906slidell.htm

Quote:
"The sheer volume of medical assistance calls and calls involving high-water evacuations throughout the city and parish were mounting," said William Black, HSI New Orleans supervisory special agent and Rapid Response Team mission coordinator. "The only way to reach many of the residences was with a high-water vehicle...

HSI New Orleans is equipped with a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle that its Special Response Team and Rapid Response Team can deploy during emergencies. Weighing in at 30,000 pounds and standing approximately nine feet tall, this heavy-duty vehicle is well suited for emergency high-water rescue operations."
http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1211/121115newyork.htm

Quote:
In many areas, the HSI New York SRT utilized its Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP) to pull destroyed government vehicles onto the street so they could be towed out of the area.
Oh wow, interesting, they work in high water. I'm sure the residents of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana would be glad to hear that. Probably those along the eastern seaboard and Gulf Coast, too. And I would imagine they could probably be useful in landslides, as well. Let's add California, Oregon and Washington to the mix, as well.

Wow, look at that, there's only like...13 states...? without significant regions of land that suffer flood damage.

But these links were from a government website. Probably disinformation.

Nevermind that these vehicles have been in service for years.

Where were you in 2000 when the Navy sold a bunch of its patrol ships to the Coast Guard??

I can only imagine what your reaction would have been after the Civil War when the cavalry sold a lot of its horses to local police forces.

Good God, if the internet and baja had been around back then...can you imagine?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #88
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

BTW what about this;

Now look into FEMA camps

My guess is that FEMA failed so miserably after Katrina that Obama doesn't want that sort of thing to happen again. Be prepared, like the Boy Scouts say.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #89
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

BTW what about this;

Now look into FEMA camps

Baja, those 2700 vehicles were ordered and contracted by the Marine Corp, not DHS.

Quote:
The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #90
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

DHS orders nearly 3,000 mine-resistant armored vehicles

http://www.examiner.com/article/dhs-...mored-vehicles
Old 03-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #91
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
DHS orders nearly 3,000 mine-resistant armored vehicles

http://www.examiner.com/article/dhs-...mored-vehicles
Awesome. I feel 3000 times safer in the event of an emergency.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #92
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Awesome. I feel 3000 times safer in the event of an emergency.

Because this what you need in an emergency....

This equipment is used in the event of an insurgency.

Ask yourself this why is the DHS worried about insurgency in the USA?

Who are the insurgents?

Last edited by baja; 03-29-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #93
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Because this what you need in an emergency....

This equipment is used in the event of an insurgency.

Ask yourself this why is the DHS worried about insurgency in the USA?

Who are the insurgents?
Post 87.

The "insurgents" are things like vehicles trapped in a flood. MRAPs are good at taking them out.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #94
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Post 87.

The "insurgents" are things like vehicles trapped in a flood. MRAPs are good at taking them out.
A million dollar tow truck - OK we are done here. Bye....
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #95
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A million dollar tow truck - OK we are done here. Bye....
Yeah because tow trucks can go in 4 feet of water.

No, we're most definitely NOT done here. You've just been shown that these vehicles have been in service for years, they work great in disaster areas, as well as Fed's thing about the ammunition.

You chose not to believe reality and math in favor of a conspiracy. Not my fault you can't open your eyes to the truth before you, man!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #96
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Yeah because tow trucks can go in 4 feet of water.

No, we're most definitely NOT done here. You've just been shown that these vehicles have been in service for years, they work great in disaster areas, as well as Fed's thing about the ammunition.

You chose not to believe reality and math in favor of a conspiracy. Not my fault you can't open your eyes to the truth before you, man!
So in the middle of the chaotic aftermath of a hurricane you want rescue cars under4 feet of water with high tech armored vehicles - no we are certainly done here.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #97
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So in the middle of the chaotic aftermath of a hurricane you want rescue cars under4 feet of water with high tech armored vehicles - no we are certainly done here.
READ. THE. ****ING. LINK.

THEY. ALREADY. DO. IT.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #98
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
READ. THE. ****ING. LINK.

THEY. ALREADY. DO. IT.
and you believe that?

Where I'm from we use back hoes

anyway you believe main stream news owned by the very people that do want to create a global government to control your every move.

You are in the matrix and I am not that is why we are done. There is no way I can open your eyes as long as you use main stream media to support your position and discard ALL alternative independent news outlets as conspiracy sites.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #99
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
and you believe that?

Where I'm from we use back hoes

anyway you believe main stream news owned by the very people that do want to create a global government to control your every move.

You are in the matrix and I am not that is why we are done. There is no way I can open your eyes as long as you use main stream media to support your position and discard ALL alternative independent news outlets as conspiracy sites.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #100
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Hey baja, is math the same in the real world as it is in the matrix?