The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #576
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lol at pricejj getting burned for 7 touchdowns at safety in a game. That is never supposed to happen.

But to be fair, my first play in middle school football ever on defense, I had a WR talk trash to me, I walked across the line and pulled him down by his facemask. That was not good. Next offensive series for my team (the Hurricanes) I took an ISO play up the gut, followed the FB who tripped, MIKE came lose, shot the gap, blew me up, decleated me and I was seeing stars. Sad day.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #577
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I surrendered four touchdowns in one game.

BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #578
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol at pricejj getting burned for 7 touchdowns at safety in a game. That is never supposed to happen.
Who the heck can throw 50 yard bombs in 8-man Jr. High football? It got to the point where I was lining up 30 yards behind the LOS, and they were still tossing it over my head.

My coach was like "GET THE **** BACK PRICE!!"

Still not as embarrasing as the time I tried to run hurdles at a major track meet. I tripped over the first one. Got up again, ran, and tripped over the next one. I finished the race by running under the rest.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #579
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You need to do what Robin Williams did in The Best Of Times. Get everyone back together and replay the game. Maybe this time you make the kick loser!
the best part about it was it actually wasn't my fault. I dunno if they still do this, but when I played, we kicked off like these 2 inch blocks. And when the holder brought the snap down, it slipped off the end and settled into the mud. There was no way to really get it up in the air.

Oh yeah, and the laces were in!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #580
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Who the heck can throw 50 yard bombs in 8-man Jr. High football? It got to the point where I was lining up 30 yards behind the LOS, and they were still tossing it over my head.

My coach was like "GET THE **** BACK PRICE!!"

Still not as embarrasing as the time I tried to run hurdles at a major track meet. I tripped over the first one. Got up again, ran, and tripped over the next one. I finished the race by running under the rest.
That is a pretty strong arm for an 8th grader. The best throw I ever saw in high school from my team was our QB (who was a baller WR, but who was our best athlete and had to switch after our QB broke his ankle) throw a 45 yard bomb into the corner of the right endzone to give us one of our only wins of the year with about 20 seconds left on the clock. Of course, it was to our half black receiver who hauled it in for the score. . . too we still sucked.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #581
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That is a pretty strong arm for an 8th grader. The best throw I ever saw in high school from my team was our QB (who was a baller WR, but who was our best athlete and had to switch after our QB broke his ankle) throw a 45 yard bomb into the corner of the right endzone to give us one of our only wins of the year with about 20 seconds left on the clock. Of course, it was to our half black receiver who hauled it in for the score. . . too we still sucked.
My first high school practice ever I was running a crossing route and the QB threw the ball too high. I jumped up and exposed my entire body and the safety cracked the **** out of me to the point where I was on the ground for a good 2-3 minutes.

Oh yeah, that safety was Keith Bullock. True story!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #582
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
My first high school practice ever I was running a crossing route and the QB threw the ball too high. I jumped up and exposed my entire body and the safety cracked the **** out of me to the point where I was on the ground for a good 2-3 minutes.

Damn you got rocked by Keith Bullock. Repppp!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #583
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Who the heck can throw 50 yard bombs in 8-man Jr. High football?
I could I could

but it was elementary school, and because its Canada it was flag football, I also had a 75 MPH fastball at the time, and could one hop it into the plate from 320 feet away. I peaked early, neither has improved at all since then.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #584
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Damn you got rocked by Keith Bullock. Repppp!
More than once, for sure. Sometimes we'd be up against each other in hamburger drills (was that what they were called) which was horridly cruel. I'm not the biggest dude in the world and was just JV at the time.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #585
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

i would have stayed my ass down for 5-6 just to make sure everything was intact. Bullock hit like he was trying to give you nightmares.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #586
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
More than once, for sure. Sometimes we'd be up against each other in hamburger drills (was that what they were called) which was horridly cruel. I'm not the biggest dude in the world and was just JV at the time.
He's a couple years older than you....not calling you a liar but having an a huge all American line up against a jv small white guy a couple years smaller is insanely irresponsible/unlikely
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #587
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
I could I could

but it was elementary school, and because its Canada it was flag football, I also had a 75 MPH fastball at the time, and could one hop it into the plate from 320 feet away. I peaked early, neither has improved at all since then.
That's pretty sweet. 75 mpg is freaking fast for an elementary kid.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #588
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He's a couple years older than you....not calling you a liar but having an a huge all American line up against a jv small white guy a couple years smaller is insanely irresponsible/unlikely
insanely irresponsible, yep! It happened though. At the time they broke us up into position groups during triple sessions and Keith played defensive back (as did I). We played a 4-4-3 and he was the "hero back." Anyway, when we were learning "form tackling" we would be matched up from time to time. I dont think he ever went full out against me anyway. The first time he hit when going over the middle we were actually just in shoulder pads, helmets. I dont even think he hit me that hard, just caught me right.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #589
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
insanely irresponsible, yep! It happened though. At the time they broke us up into position groups during triple sessions and Keith played defensive back (as did I). We played a 4-4-3 and he was the "hero back." Anyway, when we were learning "form tackling" we would be matched up from time to time. I dont think he ever went full out against me anyway. The first time he hit when going over the middle we were actually just in shoulder pads, helmets. I dont even think he hit me that hard, just caught me right.
Did your coaches go to Rutgers?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #590
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
damn that's just wrong
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #591
Bacchus

Quote:
You told me to "get ****ed" first. I only respond with insults when they are thrown at me. And I don't gang up on people. Eye for an eye.

I don't know it all, and never claimed to. I told you (after you brought it up AGAIN), in my view Carter's screw up was more damning than Moore's. You won't leave me alone about it. So I show you, step by step evidence of Broncos FO actions that support my statement. If you still don't agree, fine. Just quit hounding me.

I posted once, that I think the Broncos should trade up as high as 22 to target a complete DE. I don't think Ayers is an impact player. I also think D. Moore and Carradine will be gone by #28. It's my opinion. If you don't share the opinion, that's okay. I wouldn't expect you too. I don't care if you "trust a damn word" I say, or not. Gleaning from a couple other posters, and doing some of my own research, I figure the Broncos could get by if they drafted Jamie Collins, or John Simon in round 2 (if they miss out in round 1). So there's an update for ya.

If the Broncos don't draft a DE in the 1st or 2nd round, the are SCREWED.

If you don't agree with that, go ahead. But I bet you the Broncos draft a DE. If you insult me, gang up, and harass me about my opinion, then come back 3 months later (after the Broncos draft a DE), and call me out again. Guaranteed, I will say "told ya so!".
They need to get a pass rush DE. It doesn't matter what round they find him in. Doom was drafted in the 4th. Round doesn't matter just find one.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #592
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They need to get a pass rush DE. It doesn't matter what round they find him in. Doom was drafted in the 4th. Round doesn't matter just find one.
Dumervil's don't grow on trees. He had 63 tackles, 20 sacks, 22 TFL's, and 10 FF's as a Sr. He actually came in 10th in Heisman voting. Jared Allen had similar numbers. The late pass-rushers who are stars, have always been good. Good scouts pretty much know that now. Dumervil would probably be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick if he came out in 2013.

By my calculations, there's only a couple guys that can step in right away and even come close to Dumervil production wise, that could be available at the Broncos pick in the 1st round.

As soon as either Damontre Moore or Cornellius Carradine go off the board, I want the Broncos to trade up and pick the other.

I can guarantee you Elway, Fox, and JDR know everything about Damontre Moore. Von Miller is one of his best friends. Unfortunately, I think someone will take him in the top 20, which is out of our range. If they lose out there, I would trade down and pickup Jamie Collins/John Simon, and an extra pick. Though I don't think either Collins or Simon would be a massive upgrade over Ayers this year (who will be playing for a contract).

Last edited by pricejj; 04-05-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #593
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Truth.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #594
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Now that I think on it, that DB coach was a bit of a hard-ass dick. And he always brought his son to practice, who we nicknamed Stillwell after the kid in League of their Own.

Couple things though: 1) You're probably picturing him as the linebacker for the titans. He was obviously bigger than me, but he was much lankier then. Im not even sure he ever lifted weights until he got into college. Maybe he did, but not seriously. and 2) even though none of us knew what a future NFL star looked like, we all figured he'd go on to do some great things. I remember wanting the experience to say I was hit by an NFL player. For whatever that's worth. So, for all I remember, they may have asked me out of the drill and I got all Rudy on em.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #595
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dumervil's don't grow on trees. He had 63 tackles, 20 sacks, 22 TFL's, and 10 FF's as a Sr. He actually came in 10th in Heisman voting. Jared Allen had similar numbers. The late pass-rushers who are stars, have always been good. Good scouts pretty much know that now. Dumervil would probably be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick if he came out in 2013.

By my calculations, there's only a couple guys that can step in right away and even come close to Dumervil production wise, that could be available at the Broncos pick in the 1st round.

As soon as either Damontre Moore or Cornellius Carradine go off the board, I want the Broncos to trade up and pick the other.

I can guarantee you Elway, Fox, and JDR know everything about Damontre Moore. Von Miller is one of his best friends. Unfortunately, I think someone will take him in the top 20, which is out of our range. If they lose out there, I would trade down and pickup Jamie Collins/John Simon, and an extra pick. Though I don't think either Collins or Simon would be a massive upgrade over Ayers this year (who will be playing for a contract).
Denver chasing a DE in the first round I just don't see it. Teams still have to match our 30 ppg probably more after Welker and the draft are done

Ayers graded out better than Doom in the playoff game anyways. Von will still be doubled team he's just that good. Then it becomes a logistical problem for teams facing a deficient and having to pass

Denver will be fine because of the offense
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #596
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver chasing a DE in the first round I just don't see it. Teams still have to match our 30 ppg probably more after Welker and the draft are done

Ayers graded out better than Doom in the playoff game anyways. Von will still be doubled team he's just that good. Then it becomes a logistical problem for teams facing a deficient and having to pass

Denver will be fine because of the offense
So Ayers graded out better than Doom in one game and you think he is fine? What about the hundred games before that? Denver needs a pass rusher. Ayers is not a pass rusher.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #597
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So Ayers graded out better than Doom in one game and you think he is fine? What about the hundred games before that? Denver needs a pass rusher. Ayers is not a pass rusher.
Yes Denver will be fine at RDE. Point is Ayers whom everyone is down on graded out better than Doom. You do the math. Doom can be replaced. Maybe Ayers maybe someone else but the constant is Von Miller. Ppl tend to forget his impact on an offense

I'm not buying into the "sky is falling" meme

Last edited by CEH; 04-06-2013 at 05:50 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #598
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Ayers also was pretty awesome in our Playoff win in 2011
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #599
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Yes Denver will be fine at RDE. Point is Ayers whom everyone is down on graded out better than Doom. You do the math. Doom can be replaced. Maybe Ayers maybe someone else but the constant is Von Miller. Ppl tend to forget his impact on an offense

I'm not buying into the "sky is falling" meme
He can be replaced but not by Ayers. Doom has 68 career sacks Ayers doesn't even have 10.

Denver can replace Doom but they need to do it with a pass rusher in the draft because they do not have one on the team.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #600
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Ayers also was pretty awesome in our Playoff win in 2011
Should we also give Bolden a shot? Bring back Tebow?

Same logic at different spots.