The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Elvis I love everything that you did for us but you deserve to be ****ing destroyed when we play you. And I don't just mean the score... I mean run over.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #27
JPPT1974
Thanksgiving 2014!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Wonder if watching this on the NFLN makes the Broncos sick to their stomachs already?
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #28
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sorry Elway, but you ****ed up on this one.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #29
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
You got that right,unless Ayers or whoever replaces him brings the same threat,all teams will do is dbl/triple team miller or scheme him out of the play.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a big decline in our sack numbers next season.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This makes me curious as to how they'll deal with miller come contract time. OLB in a 4-3 doesn't command a big salary,I doubt miller will want to resign for what the market value is for a 4-3 OLB.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #31
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You got that right,unless Ayers or whoever replaces him brings the same threat,all teams will do is dbl/triple team miller or scheme him out of the play.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a big decline in our sack numbers next season.
Is Wolfe going to be unblocked then?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Is Wolfe going to be unblocked then?
You apparently missed the point.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #33
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You apparently missed the point.
No I get the point. You think Miller needs Doom to be successful even though when Doom missed two games in 2011, Miller recorded a sack in each game. Wolfe on the other hand keeps people off Miller like Justin Smith does Aldon Smith. There is a big reason why Aldon failed to record a sack the two games without Justin keeping people off of him. If they start "tripling" Miller like you suggest then Wolfe is going to have a career day IMO. Miller's ability to be moved around will still create problems for the other D.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Life goes on. The Broncos will endure.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #35
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Why?

They had a deal set but, agent fax was late how does that fall on Elway? We'll be ok relax. I wanted Doom back too but, its not the end of the world.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #36
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why?

They had a deal set but, agent fax was late how does that fall on Elway? We'll be ok relax. I wanted Doom back too but, its not the end of the world.

I have a feeling Doom wanted out. Holding off on the reworked deal until 30 minutes until deadline. He wanted to get paid, but did not want to stay. So he can go to Baltimore. No skin off our sacks.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #37
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I have a feeling Doom wanted out. Holding off on the reworked deal until 30 minutes until deadline. He wanted to get paid, but did not want to stay. So he can go to Baltimore. No skin off our sacks.

Thats how I feel just wondered Atwater blamed Elway for it? It was all on Doom and his agent period.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #38
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No I get the point. You think Miller needs Doom to be successful even though when Doom missed two games in 2011, Miller recorded a sack in each game. Wolfe on the other hand keeps people off Miller like Justin Smith does Aldon Smith. There is a big reason why Aldon failed to record a sack the two games without Justin keeping people off of him. If they start "tripling" Miller like you suggest then Wolfe is going to have a career day IMO. Miller's ability to be moved around will still create problems for the other D.
Wolfe still has to prove that he's enough of a threat to command that much attention. Good player,but he's no Justin smith quite yet.
I didn't say miller need doom but unless Wolfe steps up majorly this coming year or whoever, miller's not going to have as good a yr as last.
You can move miller around all you want,but the RB can move around as well. The offenses teams run now aren't stupid.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Elvis was the master at beating second rate OT's and poor QB play. Check out these stats from his 63 sacks. Elvis has got most of his sacks against the poor division he has played in for his career and has not produced against the better teams in the league.

Oakland--9 Sacks

KC--6.5
San Diego--8

Cleveland--9 sacks

Elvis has faced Brady 5 times, Manning 3, Brees once and he has 3.5 sacks against Brady and 2 came in a blowout loss. The only good QB he has had any success against is Big Ben(takes a lot of sacks) 5.5 in 4 games. Elvis has not beat top OL and QB's in his career and I don't think he will be missed that much. It's hopeful thinking but the numbers don't lie he plays like he did in the postseason against the teams Denver needs him the most.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Elvis was the master at beating second rate OT's and poor QB play. Check out these stats from his 63 sacks. Elvis has got most of his sacks against the poor division he has played in for his career and has not produced against the better teams in the league.

Oakland--9 Sacks

KC--6.5
San Diego--8

Cleveland--9 sacks

Elvis has faced Brady 5 times, Manning 3, Brees once and he has 3.5 sacks against Brady and 2 came in a blowout loss. The only good QB he has had any success against is Big Ben(takes a lot of sacks) 5.5 in 4 games. Elvis has not beat top OL and QB's in his career and I don't think he will be missed that much. It's hopeful thinking but the numbers don't lie he plays like he did in the postseason against the teams Denver needs him the most.
Don't get me wrong,but you might find the same scenario with all DEs.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

they just got Huff for $2 mill a year. Canty and Spears are there for next to nothing too. **** are they getting people cheap.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #42
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Don't get me wrong,but you might find the same scenario with all DEs.
That may be true but I know Elvis doesn't beat top tier tackles in this league.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That may be true but I know Elvis doesn't beat top tier tackles in this league.
...Didn't your stats just show that he's whipping Joe Thomas better than anyone?

In fact, at a quick glance, Joe Thomas, Whitworth, Jordan Gross... he got sacks against the best OL we faced this past year.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
they just got Huff for $2 mill a year. Canty and Spears are there for next to nothing too. **** are they getting people cheap.
The Little Known Joe Flacco Effect!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #45
BroncoBeavis

What I'm gathering is that Doom's stats don't count any time he's not playing elite competition. And if he is playing elite competition, those stats still don't count if the Broncos lose the game.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
In addition to losing Reed and Pollard, the Ravens also lost cornerback Cary Williams and linebackers Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe in free agency, and they also lost linebacker Ray Lewis to retirement. But now the Ravens have added four solid players in Huff, Elvis Dumervil, Chris Canty and Marcus Spears. Throw in another solid addition or two in free agency or the draft, and itís entirely possible that the Ravens will field a better defense in 2013 than they fielded last month, when they won the Super Bowl.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-michael-huff/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #47
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Interesting. So tell me, what caused Rahim the daydream to be a fuggin idiot when we were a 98.99494% favorite to win in the last 30 seconds?
He made a bad play....doesn't diminish the improvement he made prior to that bad play. I personally believe he'll be more motivated to make sure it never happens again....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Elway looks at this team objectively, not emotionally....I'd suggest more fans do likewise.

Doom was overpaid.....everyone knew it. Elway asked him to take a pay cut that would be more in line with his production and also free up $$$ to improve the team....the deadline is established by the NFL....Doom and his agent failed to meet it, so he was released.

The Broncos still offered him a good contract despite being ****ed by Doom and his agent over Faxgate. He chose the Ravens.....not sure how Elway ****ed this up when Doom could have agreed to the contract sooner, got the fax there in a timely manner before the deadline, and Doom could have re-signed the post Faxgate contract offered by Broncos.

I'm sure when the dust settles, fewer fans will miss Elvis Dumervil regardless of how well he played previously for us.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #49
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why?

This^

I liked Doom as well, but he is not the be all end all when it comes to pass rushing DE's.....

The Broncos will still be considered a SB favorite come opening day.....
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #50
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I just don't see the need to trash the guy. He's gone, I was happy with what he did while here but it doesn't matter now.

Of course I forgot standard OM protocol is that players suck after they leave.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote