The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Bacchus

Default Pass out your props

I have to give props to Trevethan, Bruton and Irving. All of them stepped up and had great games. This defense is going to be real good. Better than last year even.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

The run defense will definitely be better. That was a damned impressive performance.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
The run defense will definitely be better. That was a damned impressive performance.
I was really worried about that but all the LBers really played well. I noticed Irving a lot in the run game, Vickerson too.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
extralife
Ring of Famer

DRC. I said he'd have to ball for us to win. he balled. going to get paid if he keeps that up.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Peyton 7 TDs obviously
Julius Thomas for performing up to hype the very first game (he looked dominant)
Welker for overcoming the fumble and having a hell of a game
DT for continuing where he left off
Woodyard and Danny were great at LB. Wood is a nice MLB.
DRC made me not miss champ. When Champ gets back its going to be a great tandem
Knighton showed up tonight kudos to the fat boys
Also Nacho what a physical presence

Last edited by KevinJames; 09-06-2013 at 12:14 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
bombay
Ring of Famer

Duke, Shawn. Duke 11 solo tackles Shawn 2.5 sacks.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

How good is Bruton? Blocked punt and would have had another if the guy didn't tackle him and draw a penalty. Hopefully he isn't hurt. Love seeing him with that hand up on every punt.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

my fantasy team
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Offensive line in pass protection did a great job of giving Peyton time in the face of the Raven's Suggs/Dumervil(traitor) pass rush.

Tremendous coming out party for Julius Thomas.

I thought Shaun Philips had a great debut helping fill the hole left by the suspended Von Miller.

Last edited by Natedog24; 09-06-2013 at 12:38 AM..
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #10
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
DRC. I said he'd have to ball for us to win. he balled. going to get paid if he keeps that up.
Someone in the game thread kept ripping DRC saying he sucked.... I couldn't figure that out.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
extralife
Ring of Famer

there's a reason I'm rarely in game threads
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #12
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
my fantasy team
I have 4 teams and I started Julius in three of them. I only have Peyton in one but between him and Julius they scored me 68 points. Unfortunately the guy I am playing started Thomas so it is still kinda close.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #13
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

So, so many.

OJ, DT, Phillips, Nacho, Harris, DRC, O-line, LBs, DTs, Bruton.

I feel like Peyton Manning deserves something more than props. Mega props maybe.

Everybody has to be feeling pretty good after that game.

Except you Treviathon. You had a good game, but you ruined it.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #14
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

-Julius Thomas is the real deal
-This receiving core is just unreal
-OL did a great job against a really good DL. Run game will be much more open against other teams (especially since they will be so afraid of Manning)
-Travaython looked great in coverage. (hold on to the damn ball though)
-The Safeties played great. That hit by Moore on Clark was awesome.
-We won't miss Doomerville much at all with Phillips out there. He played awesome.
-Manning, enough said

Last edited by sgbfan; 09-06-2013 at 01:53 AM..
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #15
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
So, so many.

OJ, DT, Phillips, Nacho, Harris, DRC, O-line, LBs, DTs, Bruton.

I feel like Peyton Manning deserves something more than props. Mega props maybe.

Everybody has to be feeling pretty good after that game.

Except you Treviathon. You had a good game, but you ruined it.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the CB's, they all deserve props too. Basically everyone on defense, and everyone on offense except Decker (the RB were meh, but the Bal DL is awesome so I'll give them a pass)
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
canadianbroncosfan

I was more impressed with Orange Julius' blocking ability than TDs...................

Last edited by canadianbroncosfan; 09-06-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
Bacchus

Wow, think of this. When is the last time Denver took a project skill player and was able to keep him on the roster and nurse him along until he became a star. Has it ever happened. Of course I am thinking the project that is Orange Julius. After all the players that came in raw and over hyped he is the first one I can remember to tough it out over a couple of years and what appears to have developed into a quality starter. After Brandstarter, Dukes, Jeremiah Johnson, Adrian Madise it looks like Denver has developed a Quality skill position player.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #18
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, think of this. When is the last time Denver took a project skill player and was able to keep him on the roster and nurse him along until he became a star. Has it ever happened. Of course I am thinking the project that is Orange Julius. After all the players that came in raw and over hyped he is the first one I can remember to tough it out over a couple of years and what appears to have developed into a quality starter. After Brandstarter, Dukes, Jeremiah Johnson, Adrian Madise it looks like Denver has developed a Quality skill position player.
I still remember the hype for Wesley Duke. Damn.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #19
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Shannon Sharpe. Seriously, 7th rounder out of Savannah State, drafted out of name recognition, had serious blocking issues coming into the league but was too big/slow to play WR in the NFL, so converted to the best TE the NFL has ever seen. Didnt do much his first two years, 3rd year was finally showing flashes and contributing.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #20
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I was most pleasantly surprised by the play of Ihenacho. I expected him to possibly shiat the bed most of the night, but he tore it up. Same with Trevathon minus the obvious bonehead mistake. Seriously though, Dookie Nacho FTW!
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #21
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have P.Manning, D.Thomas, W.Welker, J.Thomas on my fantasy teams....and they said i was crazy......haha look at me know......LOOK AT ME NOW HAHAHA!!!!
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #22
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

in all seriousness props to nacho dude showed alot of heart and reminded me of a young dawkins. HUGE props to our oline as i thought the swiss cheese protected the roast beef very well. Also our entire secondary did a great job considering no one touched flacco until late in the 3rd. On the other hand our dline looked pretty mediocre in pass rush but was pretty stout against the run. With champ and von back I expect our defense to be pretty top notch by end of year barring any crazy injuries.
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #23
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog24 View Post
Offensive line in pass protection did a great job of giving Peyton time in the face of the Raven's Suggs/Dumervil(traitor) pass rush.

Tremendous coming out party for Julius Thomas.

I thought Shaun Philips had a great debut helping fill the hole left by the suspended Von Miller.
Great observation. It seemed to me Shaun Phillips pressured Flacco often and made him hurry (incomplete) several key throws at crucial points in the game.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Adam Gase and Del Rio. Those two really know their **** and it is obvious they command the players. I love the aggression on both sides of the ball - the defense showed good fundamentals, good tight coverage, solid wrap tackling, some very good hits to separate player and ball and not committing penalties and getting sucked into the Ravens cheap shotting artistry. Gase kept the pedal to the metal and went for blood - his offense hung more points on the Ravens than anyone ever, he really opened up the playbook with every type of play and used a lot of players.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #25
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Um, everybody?

Outside of a couple of plays (Welker's whiff, Trevethan's touchback and Decker's drops) we dominated them the whole night.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote