The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Time Management

Did anyone else get that bad feeling in your gut w:;hen we went to time management. Why not put them away. I just don't get it. A few bad calls and Baltimore could have gotten back in the game. It was funny listening to Collingsworth have such a chubby for Baltimore that he kept trying to make a 3 posession game a 2 posession one. I hate that guy.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

You're keybored haz teh bong rezins init.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,511

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Not really. Obviously Up by 25 you normally go to a run game to grind the clock.

The difference is that McCoy would have stuck with it.

Gase saw it didn't work and went back to a pass offense when needed. Gase called a much better game than McCoy EVER did.
Note that he opened in 3 wide sets and shifted to 2 TE sets when the offense couldn't get on track at first. He actually ADJUSTED to what was happening in the game.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'll take Gase's aggressive play calling anyday over Mccoy's conservative martyball approach.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
You're keybored haz teh bong rezins init.
Fat fingers small phone.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'll take Gase's aggressive play calling anyday over Mccoy's conservative martyball approach.
Hell yes, that's why it sucked when we tryed to run the ball 3 times up the gut against ngsta. That dudes a mountain.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,798

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I do not mind clock management at all. The BIGGEST problem I have at the end of games is absolving ourselves of options. We line up in a 3 TE set that says we are running it. Can we not at least not tell the world we are running it? Be dynamic! I'm glad they went away from it
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
I do not mind clock management at all. The BIGGEST problem I have at the end of games is absolving ourselves of options. We line up in a 3 TE set that says we are running it. Can we not at least not tell the world we are running it? Be dynamic! I'm glad they went away from it
Yep, should always keep them guessing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Fat fingers small phone.
See my post #36 in the "I've got it" thread.

And collisnworth is an idiot. But NBC is a higher level of idiot(hence throwing seacrest on the field to promote a game show). NBC pressures those announcers to make a blow out interesting. Networks like a competitive game. Collinsworths was just trying to paint a picture that it could get "interesting" as he used that word several times in the 2nd half. NBC didnt account for Collinsworths public school math.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 09-07-2013 at 10:24 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Not really. Obviously Up by 25 you normally go to a run game to grind the clock.

The difference is that McCoy would have stuck with it.

Gase saw it didn't work and went back to a pass offense when needed. Gase called a much better game than McCoy EVER did.
Note that he opened in 3 wide sets and shifted to 2 TE sets when the offense couldn't get on track at first. He actually ADJUSTED to what was happening in the game.
Good point. That pass to DT was SO set up..... like taking candy from a baby - Gase in only his first game as OC - I likey
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Denver Broncos