The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default Marcus Lattimore, intrested?

He had a horrid injury but top 3 draft talent. Anyone intrested in a chance pick by Denver if the cost is a 2nd or 3rd pick?
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

I'd take him in a heartbeat in the 3rd.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
He had a horrid injury but top 3 draft talent. Anyone intrested in a chance pick by Denver if the cost is a 2nd or 3rd pick?
not interested before the 5th. if we are going to spend a 2nd on a back it had better be Le'Veon Bell who is the best in the draft
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

this isn't even the first bad knee injury, and there is actual belief that he didn't come back fully after the first injury, now he has another more severe injury. we need a guy who can play and contribute now, not a guy who can play in a year or 2
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Attached Images

SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Is Lattimore case anywhere similar to Mcgahee? I remember Mcgahee was top 5 pick before the injury.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Is Lattimore case anywhere similar to Mcgahee? I remember Mcgahee was top 5 pick before the injury.
Lattimore was better. But Lattimore has 2 serious injuries already. Still, modern medicine has greatly evolved over the last decade. Injuries that once where thought to be career ending have longer odds of recovering the previous level of health and performance. Some people heal differently. AP said that while most of his recovery was all about the proper mindset and health care, his genes also had something to do with it. If that is the case then Lattimore must be a similar case in the sense that his development since the injury has been nothing short of incredible.

The injury was nasty, but the kid is on pace to exceed expectations for his recovery time. He has that Do Work mentality, and is humble as they come. I would seriously consider him at the end of the 2nd round. If not for the injury he would be a top 10 pick, and best RB by a mile. Sure 2 injuries can scare any FO, but we are talking about potential greatness here. I have no doubt that a team with a pair of 2nds will take a shot at him.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Having had the privilege of being a student at USC and watching him play the last two years, he is AMAZING. he has all the tools you look for in a HB, can catch an block and obviously tote the rock.

If he is where they say he is in terms of being ahead of schedule and with modern medicine he would be a steal in the 2nd
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Here in Dallas, every saturday morning on my way to the lake for some fishing, we have a radio show with a surgeon for the Dallas Mavericks. According to him, the technology is the same 5-10yrs ago when it comes to ACL surgery, the only difference is the recovery time. His idea was in past years, patients would rush the recovery time thus causing problems. He said recovery time should be minimum 9 months.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

What if we just give every other team president a free Rolls Royce, then get an extra 2nd rounder to draft this guy?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
not interested before the 5th. if we are going to spend a 2nd on a back it had better be Le'Veon Bell who is the best in the draft
Bell isn't better then Lat or Lacy period.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Having had the privilege of being a student at USC and watching him play the last two years, he is AMAZING. he has all the tools you look for in a HB, can catch an block and obviously tote the rock.

If he is where they say he is in terms of being ahead of schedule and with modern medicine he would be a steal in the 2nd
Alma mater bias.

I attended DU with Paul Stastny, and I was convinced he was the next Wayne Gretzky. He won the Hobey Baker (the hockey equivalent to the Heisman), went in the second round, he's a solid starter, occasional NHL All-Pro, certainly not a franchise player.

I'd like to see us pick up Hunt/T'eo in the first... a good, physical corner in the 2nd... and a RB/DT in the 3rd/4th.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 03-28-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bell isn't better then Lat or Lacy period.
Give me a break. Lacy is another big school player rated high due to his college team. Lacy is just this years Mark Ingram. Has mediocrity written all over him. And pre-injury I'd agree with you about Lattimore, but when it has been mentioned he never fully came back from the first injury why is he being touted so much after a 2nd much worse injury
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Damn!
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
SlyEli

like i've said a million times, not powerful, fast, or elusive. runs too high to bull over defenders, runs too slow to blow past them. he's no mcgahee (circa 2002)
Old 03-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
like i've said a million times, not powerful, fast, or elusive. runs too high to bull over defenders, runs too slow to blow past them. he's no mcgahee (circa 2002)
Seriously, Lattimore was nothing close to College Mcgahee. Willis was looking like an all-timer, like Bo Jackson level athlete.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
I hope you were referring to top 3 as in he would be one of the 3 best RB's to come out. Not as in, he would have been the 3rd overall pick, because that would be complete BS.

Sure there's interest. I guess some on here have said he's much further along in his rehab them most thought and that he could probably contribute mid season. For me it would depend on if the Broncos moved down out of the 1st and were able to pick up say a late round 2nd pick. I would be more accepting of the Broncos using a late 2nd pick on him if they had still yet another 2nd round pick to use on DL. If you could land him in the 3rd great. I know there was talk about him possibly sliding to the 4th but since he's so far along I really doubt that happens now.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Give me a break. Lacy is another big school player rated high due to his college team. Lacy is just this years Mark Ingram. Has mediocrity written all over him. And pre-injury I'd agree with you about Lattimore, but when it has been mentioned he never fully came back from the first injury why is he being touted so much after a 2nd much worse injury
I think Trent Richardson turned out to have quite a good rookie year. Why aren't you screaming big college on him. Just because a guy went to a big school doesn't mean he was only good because there were alot of good players around him.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

We're in win now mode, so we'll spend a 3rd rd on him and let him redshirt his rookie year. There is no plan B
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I'd rather have:
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
I'd rather have:
We already have a guy obsessed with hurdling defensive players
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #22
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I hope he's not here because I don't want to see replays of that injury posted in every thread.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Sorry I didn't know Michigan State was a small time college. Lacy is faster and has about 5000 less touches then Bell coming out of college as well. As for saying Lattimore never fully came back from his pre injury is just silly. He tore his left knee up on October 15 of 2011 and was back playing football again just 10 months later. Was he 100% maybe not yet he still rushed 23 times for 110 yards and 2 scores. Later on that season he carried the ball 24 times vs a very good Georgia D for 109 yards and a score. He tore his right knee on October 27. Our first game won't be till 9/08/13. That is more then enough time for him to be back. Denver could easily ease him into the start of the season and have him ready to carry the bulk of the carries by mid season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

not a fan of this rb class, meh.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Bell is not better than Lacy,Bernard,Franklin,Ellington,Randle or Ball.
he has a chance to be a very good back but he's not better than the other backs in this draft. the people who're trumpeting him as such are basing it on his size.

he is not even close to being the best back in this draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote