The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #251
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

God this situation makes me bitter, oh well.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #252
BroncoBeavis

If a guy would've come on the OM a year ago and told everyone we'd be outright cutting Doom next offseason, he would've been laughed off the board.

Now here we are, talking about using a 1st on his replacement instead of an MLB or RB.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #253
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
NEXT MAN UP IS NOLE, SON.

I'd be cool with that.

I'm also getting pretty big on Menelik. How do you feel about him after watching FSU so closely?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #254
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'd be cool with that.

I'm also getting pretty big on Menelik. How do you feel about him after watching FSU so closely?
I have no doubts that someone is going to get enamored with Watson's physical presence and athleticism, but he still has a long ways to go mentally before he is even prepared to man it down in the NFL. His 3 cone at Indy was just downright awful and I really think it is because he had no idea how to do the drill. That is probably why most of his times sucked at Indy. But he is more athletic than those #'s advertise.

Positives: Protypical frame, athletic, nasty run blocker with a great drive off the ball, good footwork and does a nice job in pass protection for being a RT.

Negatives: Inexperienced, got dinged up, questionable second level skills, needs to use his hands better and attack defenders instead of using his wide base and feet to shield off rushes. Mentality/instincts -- sometimes this guy just aborts on the field. He might play 50 offensive snaps awesome, but he'll come up with one or two snaps that just make you go WTF!?

FWIW: just rewatch the Bowl game this year. Sometimes he just misses his assignments, and when getting to the next level in the run game, he looks lost and doesn't know who to take on getting upfield. (Basically trouble in open space.) He is a former basketball player and so young in football experience, that he just doesn't have the instincts to be successful or a high caliber player right off the bat.

He can probably be plugged in and start right away at RT, but needs to have more experience before he is ever shifted over to the left side of the line. (Interesting fact: Kyle Long played LT at his community college.) He is going to have a lot of growing pains. Best case scenario he could end up like Tyron Smith of the Cowboys, worse case scenario he could **** out of the NFL like Bruce Campbell.

A team drafting him in the Top 40 is taking a huge risk. He needs a year of development at the NFL level before he even sees the field, IMHO. I usually am not as critical on Noles as I am with him, but he is BOOM or BUST. I don't think there is a middle ground with him.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-25-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #255
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It does suck, and it does leave a hole on the team. But I try to put it in context with everything else:

Knighton>Bannan
DRC>Porter (who was barely active)
Vazquez>Ramirez/injured Kuper
Welker>Stokley
Doom>Ayers/Freeney(?)/Jackson

Overall, I'd say that's a net gain for the roster, at least on paper. And we still have the draft ahead to further enhance the roster. So, yes, this is a blow, but I think we'll be just fine as long as #18 is healthy.
That's the bottom line BI, you're not going to win every position in FA negotiations or the draft.. And the FO has done a solid 'A-' job at the worse even with the loss of Doom. The FO was clearly sure they can compensate, overall, in the event Doom walked before they ever approached him about taking a cut. It is a pinch we have to take extra steps now to replace Doom, but they have significantly improved the team versus last year even with Dooms loss (and assuming we bring in a decent vet Pass rusher to pair with our remaing DEs and a likely draft pick) ... We will be more than fine the way they are going.

Pick up a a solid RB to pair with an improved Hillman. A safety, MLB and DE/DT and we are good to go and still have a few more FA moves as well as the draft to fill those few remaining holes...

I'd much rather be on the Doomless Broncos than on the Doom+ Ravens minus all their gutted FAs and retires this year, that's a no brained for sure.

Last edited by Hulamau; 03-25-2013 at 09:59 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #256
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Losing Doom hurts, but I feel the team (at some point in time) was going to draft a DE moving forward anyways. I'm high on Jackson and think Ayers can be good in a rotation, but he is in the last year of his deal and Jeremy Beal was on the practice squad for a few years for a reason. This just so happens to be a year with a ton of DL talent. Hope the FO makes the right moves.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #257
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good call! You're right, this is actually a decent possibility. And I'd take him in a heartbeat over Abraham or Freeney. He was a stud up until this past season when he really underperformed for some reason along with most of that team.
I would consider trading for him. His base is only 3.5 million this year and 5 the next.

http://www.eaglescap.com/Players/TrentCole.html
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #258
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'd like to take your knowledge serious but I just can't get over the Crick is a first round pick from last year.
Crick fell off my board 3 months before the draft. I pushed hard for Derek Wolfe with the Broncos 1st pick for a couple months, but you never mention that.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #259
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Crick fell off my board 3 months before the draft. I pushed hard for Derek Wolfe with the Broncos 1st pick for a couple months, but you never mention that.
I'd call BS and pull up the thread except it is gone. You were pushing for Crick right to at least a month before.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #260
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I'd call BS and pull up the thread except it is gone. You were pushing for Crick right to at least a month before.
We will never know the truth. . .
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #261
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'm pretty positive he was pimping Chandler Jones then deleted that thread as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #262
RocBronc
Pro Bowler

I see people talking about Tank Carradine from FSU but FSU has another DE, Brandon Jenkins (also with an injury concern) that's draft eligible. After watching some tape of both players Moore interests me more than Carradine. I like Carradine, but I think Jenkins is a better fit for RDE and even though he's smaller than Carradine he seemed to hold up fairly well against the run and had more quickness and generated a consistent pass rush. I don't know about how serious his injury was (Lisfranc foot fracture) and how much he has recovered, which obviously could greatly impact his draft value but I really like how he looked.
RocBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #263
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

^ Brandon Jenkins just ran a 5 something 40.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #264
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Jenkins played one game this year and was done. He isn't in football shape and by the sounds of it has not regained the explosiveness he once had prior to the injury. I think he can be a very productive pro, but someone you wait around for a couple of rounds and see if he is there. They are both very good players when healthy and they both would be excellent fits for this defense @ RDE.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #265
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I will be doing my incantations and sacrifices to ensure that we don't waste a draft pick on a pass rusher this year - the class next year looks so much more enticing.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #266
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I will be doing my incantations and sacrifices to ensure that we don't waste a draft pick on a pass rusher this year - the class next year looks so much more enticing.
Clowney, Tuitt, Murphy, Crichton, Lynch. . . oh yeah. Next year is loaded and those are just guys off the top of my head who are gonna be first-rounders.

A.J. Johnson at ILB. Could he be our next Al Wilson!?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #267
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...oduction-ratio

I still would like us to go MLB in the first, CB in the second, RB in the third, then DE in the 4th. Devin Taylor, Michael Buchanan, or David Bass would be targets I would like.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #268
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Close this Bull **** thread and **** Doom he can't hold Vons jockstrap
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #269
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
No I wasn't. He was slow, and dropped weight at the combine. His arm-length was 32". The combine dropped Crick off my board completely. I made it known at the time, but you kept bringing it up (and still do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm pretty positive he was pimping Chandler Jones then deleted that thread as well.

I never liked Chandler Jones, still don't, but I did mention Andre Branch once.

Quote:
We will never know the truth. . .
Sure you know the truth. I erased the Crick thread at least 2 months before the draft, because morons wouldn't leave me alone. All my posts about Derek Wolfe before the draft are still there. That can't be disputed.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-25-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #270
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Clowney, Tuitt, Murphy, Crichton, Lynch. . . oh yeah. Next year is loaded and those are just guys off the top of my head who are gonna be first-rounders.

A.J. Johnson at ILB. Could he be our next Al Wilson!?
I agree, I think 2013 could rival 2011 when it comes to pass rushers, at least if some of the top juniors come out.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #271
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If a guy would've come on the OM a year ago and told everyone we'd be outright cutting Doom next offseason, he would've been laughed off the board.

Now here we are, talking about using a 1st on his replacement instead of an MLB or RB.

if a guy had come on the board 2 years ago and said Manning would be Denver's QB in a year he would have been laughed off the board too. these things move fast
Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #272
pricejj
jungle

1. Damontre Moore - I would take him in a heartbeat at #28. Has all the moves, elite production, and size. Needs to be motivated off the field...his only shortcoming.

2. Alex Okafor - only lined up on the strongside at Texas. He's big, strong and fast, but doesn't have a lot of pass-rush moves. Other than that, I like his production. Not sure how he would perform at RDE.

3. Cornelius Carradine - Looks decent at RDE, but doesn't have a lot of moves. 24 year old, coming off an ACL, causes me to question his NFL impact.

4. Sam Montgomery - slower and smaller than advertised. Character concerns, although he had good production at LSU. Demonstrates good speed, and good moves. Tough call, probably a 2nd rounder.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #273
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Not near the Draft buff most of you are... that said... I would love a D.E in first... Lots of people are pushing for a corner in the first... this question is for those of you that are in that category. What is wrong with taking a D.E in first and Taylor (BSU... Yes... I’m biased) in the second? He is a big physical corner that can run and plays very good run support. What say you?

Thanks,

Mike
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #274
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe Elvis Dumervil's pride got in the way. Maybe it was as simple as the Denver Broncos failing to make a deal that matched what the Baltimore Ravens gave the Pro Bowl defensive end over the weekend.

There's even the possibility that Dumervil felt he'd finally had enough. Whatever the case surrounding Dumervil's recent decision to sign with Baltimore, this much is true: He just lost his best chance at playing in the Super Bowl next season.
Full article here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...elvis-dumervil
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #275
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
Not near the Draft buff most of you are... that said... I would love a D.E in first... Lots of people are pushing for a corner in the first... this question is for those of you that are in that category. What is wrong with taking a D.E in first and Taylor (BSU... Yes... I’m biased) in the second? He is a big physical corner that can run and plays very good run support. What say you?

Thanks,

Mike
Nothing wrong with that scenario at all. Taylor could be there for us in the second, but I think he is a Top 50 guy when it is all said and done.