The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
SVine
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default JDR highs and lows

Designed two magnificent game plans for their two playoff games. SD was seriously shut down for 2 1/2 quarters, and NE was held without a TD into the 4th quarter. I am not sure how many D Coordinators can design game plans with such a depleted D against good offensive teams.

The prevent D played in both playoff games is very frustrating and concerning. A 2 man rush on the Brady qb run from 2 yards out was an absolutely crap ridiculous play call.

Close a fuggin game out and don't forget how you got to a big lead for crying out loud!
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Arguably the two best performances of the season by the D when they needed it most, with key players out. I have no complaints.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Dont sweat it too much. Prevent worked fine but two man rush was not very smart. Kill some time and know they needed two tics and two two point conversions.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
SVine
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Arguably the two best performances of the season by the D when they needed it most, with key players out. I have no complaints.
You would have been complaining if NE converted the 2 point conversion and recovered an onside kick.....
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
You would have been complaining if NE converted the 2 point conversion and recovered an onside kick.....
Yeah, when choosing things to complain about, I lean towards things that actually happened.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
You would have been complaining if NE converted the 2 point conversion and recovered an onside kick.....
neither of which happened
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

For those of you that are complaining about the 3 man rush:

For one, it worked. Keep everything in front of you as time is was on side.

Second, could it be possible that he had little choice because pot roast & Sly were hurt earlier?

Relax ladies, the Broncos won.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Designed two magnificent game plans for their two playoff games. SD was seriously shut down for 2 1/2 quarters, and NE was held without a TD into the 4th quarter. I am not sure how many D Coordinators can design game plans with such a depleted D against good offensive teams.

The prevent D played in both playoff games is very frustrating and concerning. A 2 man rush on the Brady qb run from 2 yards out was an absolutely crap ridiculous play call.

Close a fuggin game out and don't forget how you got to a big lead for crying out loud!

The offense going on 10 play, 8 minute drives? I said this in another thread, but NE took 4 minutes off the clock when they were down by 16. They needed to score faster than they did. They did not. If the same situation happens in 2 weeks I'll be happy. It means we have a double digit lead late in the SB.

Some people are never satisfied.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
AboveAverage
Master Baiter
 
Eh?

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 1,481
Default

Allowing 17 and 16 against SD and NE is really impressive. Props.
AboveAverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
The offense going on 10 play, 8 minute drives? I said this in another thread, but NE took 4 minutes off the clock when they were down by 16. They needed to score faster than they did. They did not. If the same situation happens in 2 weeks I'll be happy. It means we have a double digit lead late in the SB.

Some people are never satisfied.

I just like when Denver scores 40 or more points a game!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I just like when Denver scores 40 or more points a game!

So do I. Defense giving up 16.5 a game is pretty damn sweet too.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Denver Broncos