The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #201
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Here's the problem.

Life has its curveballs, and you and yours are saying that unless there is a 100% money-back guarantee that an errant bullet may not hit someone, then all bets are off, nobody is allowed a defensive weapon, so let's all lay down and let Holmes pump as many bullets into our bodies as he wants.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Cops and the military aren't even held to this standard.
Nice strawman. No one is saying what you claim.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #202
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
It's the end result of what you're saying. You don't want young folks carrying guns -- even if they legally qualify -- and the end result of that is that these things can happen to them.

As far as the "wild west" canard goes, liberals in Colorado claimed that in the 1980s when the state legislature passed what liberals tarred as the "make my day law." Nothing of the remote sort has happened, and in the TWO instances that I can recall in which a couple guys tried to murder people and invoke the law, both were thrown in jail for murder where they remain.

Now we have the same "wild west" rhetoric being moved and applied to other forms of self-defense.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #203
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's the end result of what you're saying. You don't want young folks carrying guns -- even if they legally qualify -- and the end result of that is that these things can happen to them.
More strawmen have been massacred in this thread that I thought existed.

Quote:
As far as the "wild west" canard goes, liberals in Colorado claimed that in the 1980s when the state legislature passed what liberals tarred as the "make my day law." Nothing of the remote sort has happened, and in the TWO instances that I can recall in which a couple guys tried to murder people and invoke the law, both were thrown in jail for murder where they remain.

Now we have the same "wild west" rhetoric being moved and applied to other forms of self-defense.
Nice red herring.

Care to honestly talk about this topic, or shall we continue with your dishonest narratives and photos and the murder of more strawmen?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #204
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
More strawmen have been massacred in this thread that I thought existed.

Nice red herring.

Care to honestly talk about this topic, or shall we continue with your dishonest narratives and photos and the murder of more strawmen?
You don't want more (if any) concealed carry so I just stated the result of that. I don't see what the controversy is.

Dishonest narratives and photos? As I said, adjusting a picture to make it more like looking through one's eyes isn't dishonest. It's trying to make it look more like what it looks like through one's eyes --- and nothing more.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #205
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You don't want more (if any) concealed carry...
Never said that. Strawman #6,4567,789 gunned down in cold blood!

Quote:
Dishonest narratives and photos? As I said, adjusting a picture to make it more like looking through one's eyes isn't dishonest. It's trying to make it look more like what it looks like through one's eyes --- and nothing more.

Un-huh sure. I know I don't see everything washed out and grainy. What about everyone else?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #206
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah nope.

Look, despite the fact that I wasn't just a "lowly" theater manager during much of my career, even theater managers in most companies are aware of the reasoning behind why policies are in place. Most theaters are gun free zones. Why? Is it because those rich CEOs are closeted liberal pinkos who want to come for your guns? No. It's because they realize the liability involved with people carrying weapons in a place where the majority of the customer experience takes place in low lighting, with many stairs, and in close proximity to hundreds of people.

If anybody knows a thing or two about statistics, it's insurance companies. They'll tell you all you need to know about the types of lawsuits you're looking at when it comes to things like this. I mean think about it. Let's say there are two concealed weapons in that theater. One sitting in the middle of the theater, the other at the back. The shooter enters, starts shooting, and the guy at the back of the theater returns fire as some people start to panic. The person in the middle of that night, thinks it's a publicity stunt until he starts seeing bodies drop. Who do you shoot? What if it really is a publicity stunt and the guy who returned fire was just a panicked guest with an itchy trigger finger? What if the guy at the back of the auditorium, now hearing two sets of gunfire, in the smoke and confusion, opens fire on you? There are any number of scenarios and what ifs, which is kind of the point. My guess if you had to put it on some sort of actuarial equation it would look something like this:

Low lighting + teen and family environment + lots of steps + GUNS = INSURE AT YOUR OWN RISK
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #207
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Never said that. Strawman #6,4567,789 gunned down in cold blood!
Why is it a strawman?

Quote:
Un-huh sure. I know I don't see everything washed out and grainy. What about everyone else?
Washed out and grainy? It was a cellphone, a lower end Samsung Droid. Just what are you expecting here?

And why on earth would someone manipulate photos (with what, Photoshop) in a conspiracy to pass off the idea that a defense weapon in the theater may have helped to save lives?

Please do not go full tard.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #208
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Low lighting + teen and family environment + lots of steps + GUNS = INSURE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Then perhaps they should be willing to pay out when that backfires?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #209
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why is it a strawman?
Because what you are attributing to me isn't my position? Are you to daft to grasp the concept of 'strawman'?

Quote:
Washed out and grainy? It was a cellphone, a lower end Samsung Droid. Just what are you expecting here?
The camera took the photo @ its (likely) max light sensitivity. That's what caused it to be washed out and grainy. ISO800, f2.8, 1/8sec. This is well beyond the max focal ratio, light sensitivity and 'exposure' time of the human eye -- even in your sh*tty little cell phone camera.

It's pretty hilarious that even after I told you this the first time you're still trying to bullsh*t me -- especially when I have the knowledge, the metadata and after you admit to manipulating the image even after it was taken.

Quote:
And why on earth would someone manipulate photos (with what, Photoshop) in a conspiracy to pass off the idea that a defense weapon in the theater may have helped to save lives?
Because you're childish and want to "win" the debate by any means necessary and/or your ideological wingnuttery demands that reality bend to your will. Take your pick.

Quote:
Please do not go full tard.
Only person gong 'full tard' here is you oh vapid one.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #210
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Because what you are attributing to me isn't my position? Are you to daft to grasp the concept of 'strawman'?

The camera took the photo @ its (likely) max light sensitivity. That's what caused it to be washed out and grainy. ISO800, f2.8, 1/8sec. This is well beyond the max focal ratio, light sensitivity and 'exposure' time of the human eye -- even in your sh*tty little cell phone camera.

It's pretty hilarious that even after I told you this the first time you're still trying to bullsh*t me -- especially when I have the knowledge, the metadata and after you admit to manipulating the image even after it was taken.

Because you're childish and want to "win" the debate by any means necessary and/or your ideological wingnuttery demands that reality bend to your will. Take your pick.

Only person gong 'full tard' here is you oh vapid one.
Which is why everyone thinks its epicllama. You don't have 35,000 posts and a history of needing to win and everyone slapping you around and just disappear.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #211
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Then perhaps they should be willing to pay out when that backfires?
What backfired? The theater is in no way culpable.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #212
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Perhaps I mistook you for another poster on this thread.

Quote:
I went by what I could see in comparison to what I had to do with the cellphone camera to give it the closest equivalent, and that is it. If you don't accept that, that's your issue. Just visit the damned place.

Why are you harping on exposure when if I had left it at default, it would have picked up a picture much darker than the eye could see? You wanted a more accurate representation, DIDN'T YOU?

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 03-26-2013 at 03:18 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #213
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Which is why everyone thinks its epicllama. You don't have 35,000 posts and a history of needing to win and everyone slapping you around and just disappear.
I thought that guy was in Texas. All I can figure is the guy is a conservative with a similar view of mine to at least some degree, therefore I am supposedly this guy. If you call what you guys do here "slapping around," that's pretty sad. Most of the posts directed against me are juvenile ad hominem attacks, and many debate in bad faith, such as is seen on this thread by Wog.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #214
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Houghtam and Fed earned their gold stars for the day.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #215
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I already addressed the theater issue. You don't have a clue what your talking about. Only errand, a highly trained killing machine, and no one else could have stopped him without significantly increasing the body count. But not errand. He's a badass. With 30 year old training.
....I'm not a "badass"....well, i guess compared to your pacifist ass, I am.

I'm a former Recon Marine who took his training 30 years ago very serious, and continues to do so.....I can't explain it to a clown like you, but practically every former veteran has awareness that people like you don't.

I never sit with my back to a restaurant entrance...I'm always sitting where I can see the entrance. In a movie theater I always sit in the back row where I don't have to worry about anyone coming from behind me, etc....kind of like I don't get into my car at night without checking the back seat, or when I'm walking with a woman on a city sidewalk or parking lot, I keep my body between her and traffic...I guess I'm just wired differently than you are.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #216
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I carry a Ruger LCP 380. with a crimson laser sight and it would be highly visible across a dark theater, just put the red dot on the target. It's also palm size and can be carried in a rear pocket, it looks like a wallet.
good choice!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #217
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's pretty funny all the idiots who don't understand the difference between being in a dark room looking AT a bright light source is not the same as being in a dark room with a bright light source BEHIND you.

The Aurora shooter could easily see the crown, they were illuminated for him. The crowd could not, they were night blind from staring at a bright light source.

Idiotic pictures of a semi-darkened threatre without the projection system running are just that, idiotic. They in no way represent the conditions the victims faced.

It's not like this is an uncommon experience. Go to a damn theater. Then, while the movie is playing, look around and see how piss poor your vision is.

Then, for the full effect, bring some pepper spray and give yourself a dose and see how good your vision is while night blind and tearing up profusely.
You ever try to fire a weapon with a gas mask on? This may be a surprise to you but it's not easy to do, so his advantage wouldn't have been so great as his sight would have been diminished by the gas and condensation that generally forms on the eye lens.

and he was in the front row when he set off the gas grenade, which would have silhouetted him against the screen...and as I've stated earlier, I know what a canister grenade being tossed sounds like.....add in the warning blast he shot into the ceiling means I would have had enough time to respond to the threat....before the gas filled the theater.

I would have the advantage of him unaware that I was carrying, and firing at him from higher ground....and even if my response to him is futile...him focusing on me (lest he has a death wish and ignores me) would have allowed many countless others to get out of there with their lives...and like you lioberals always say...if it saves one life, isn't it worth it?

his only true advantage was that he was the only one who was armed in that theater.......

Last edited by errand; 03-31-2013 at 10:55 PM..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #218
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I like how nyuk nyuk thinks she actually could have took down Holmes.
What makes you think he had such a great advantage? Just because he surprised them doesn't mean he'd have surprised others.....he was wearing a gas mask which limits his visibility, which explains why he only killed 12 despite basically shooting fish in a barrel....and keep in mind his gun allegedly jammed, he fired a warning shot first, etc...

As I stated earlier...the only true advantage he had was that he was the only one armed in there.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #219
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There is a difference between having a will to stop the guy and actually being able to do it. My guess is that nyuk's experience in such a scenario is 0. Just because she got a new shiny gun and took a few gun safety courses doesn't mean she is a good marksman or knows what the **** she would be doing. Especially in a theater packed with people, the way the atmosphere was, etc.

Now, would someone who was 11B, went Airborne Ranger and spent time in Special Ops be able to make a difference if in that place? Quite possibly. Nyuk? **** no.
I've seen women that rode bulls in rodeos, and even met a wing walker....things I doubt very seriously most of us even attempt.....just because you know how you would react doesn't mean you know how anyone else would.

I've had many years of training even without counting my military service, and we still have clowns on here saying it wouldn't matter.......
Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #220
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I shiit in a guy's gas mask once, W*GS reminds me of him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #221
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have no reason to have a conceal in carry. I'm not paranoid nor do I feel threatened where I go.
I'm not paranoid, nor do I feel threatened...because I carry a conceal handgun. I do however know that for evil can show up at anytime....I choose to be prepared for it
Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #222
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I shiit in a guy's gas mask once, W*GS reminds me of him.
....the hash smokers on a med float use to use the filters to filter their smoke in the berthing compartments on ship.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #223
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I see that traitor Elway in a yarning to massage ego has managed to ran off another pro bowler
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #224
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I see that traitor Elway in a yarning to massage ego has managed to ran off another pro bowler
You feeling ok?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #225
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Just poking a stick at errand