The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Fanatic24

Default Top 5 NFL Offensive Lines

Broncos ranked #3

Top 5 NFL OLines
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hard to say on this but my feeling is that our team is slightly overrated. The WR rankings of #1 was too high as we're 2 @ best. On the O-line I'd say we're closer to 5-7 and not top 3.

I'm hoping for some improvement in our running game this year are we could be looking at some regression from last year.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Hard to say on this but my feeling is that our team is slightly overrated. The WR rankings of #1 was too high as we're 2 @ best. On the O-line I'd say we're closer to 5-7 and not top 3.

I'm hoping for some improvement in our running game this year are we could be looking at some regression from last year.
It's true that a gifted QB will always make the O-line look better, although you will have to admit this is the best looking line we have seen in years. Center is the only question mark if Koppen goes down.

Also, if Montee Ball lives up to expectations and at least delivers 80% of what he showed his junior year in college, this offense will be viscious.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Look at the two below. They're not any better.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Name a team with three better WRs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Yeah WR wise it is not even close.

What people that think we are not the best are doing is adding in TEs... and it is not the best group of pass catchers, it is clearly best WRs
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

So let's see we have the top rated WR group. Top three O line group. Top 3 QB. Much improved running game. A top 2 defense from last year that has gotten better.

What does this all mean
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah WR wise it is not even close.

What people that think we are not the best are doing is adding in TEs... and it is not the best group of pass catchers, it is clearly best WRs
Hell we got 93 catches, 911 yards and 7 TDs out of our two main TE's last year. 10 catches longer then 20 yards and 48 first downs.

Tony Gonzalez had 93 catches, 930 yards and 8 TDs for the Falcons last year. He had 3 catches over 20 yards and 65 first downs. The first downs is where he really beat our TE's.

Any advantage that the Falcons had over us because they use one TE instead of two is crushed by Welker vs Harry Douglas.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Oh i agree, some people are quick when considering the groups and grouping TEs with the WRs and thats how some people say we are not the best group.

But if you look strictly at WRs even if you consider the falcons #1 and #2 both better that Thomas and Decker, Welker is so much more superior than Douglas that we have the advantage. Thomas and Decker were both very good and arguably as good or close as White and Jones.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So let's see we have the top rated WR group. Top three O line group. Top 3 QB. Much improved running game. A top 2 defense from last year that has gotten better.

What does this all mean
Absolutely nothing if a Broncos player isn't holding up the Lombardi in February
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Bacchus

Quote:

Its easy to say that but look at the teams after Denver on that list. I would not say any of them have a better OLine.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic24 View Post
Broncos ranked #3

Top 5 NFL OLines
Shouldn't Kuper be inserted over Beadles? He is a defacto starting guard. Kuper is gonna have to have a fantastic TC to stay on the team but I do think if he's 100% healthy he is better than Beadles.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Shouldn't Kuper be inserted over Beadles? He is a defacto starting guard. Kuper is gonna have to have a fantastic TC to stay on the team but I do think if he's 100% healthy he is better than Beadles.

I agree with this. I like the beadle too. But I think if kupe can make the switch to LG it would be better for the OL as a whole. Kupe can play C, so I would imagine he would have little difficulty transitioning to LG and beating out Zane. I could absolutely be wrong though.

Its going to be a good TC battle, if they make it one.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Don't be that guy. Or soon the Debbie Downer pics will surface and you will never live down the shame.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I agree with this. I like the beadle too. But I think if kupe can make the switch to LG it would be better for the OL as a whole. Kupe can play C, so I would imagine he would have little difficulty transitioning to LG and beating out Zane. I could absolutely be wrong though.

Its going to be a good TC battle, if they make it one.
Kuper started 11 games in 2007 I believe at LG.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Wish we never let this guy go:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3373/chris-myers

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
He is in a better system for his skill set. He was a classic Shanny type OL pick, a guy who takes a couple years to develop and does well in the Zone system but who would have trouble in a power run type system.

Look at Polumbus with the Skins as another example. He looked like trash when he played for us but has carved out a great career for himself.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
jerseyboiler120

I don't think we're overrated at all. We still have the nucleus of a line that had to adjust mid-season to an entire change in play with Tebow, and did so extremely successfully. And as angry as we all are about how last season ended, at this time last year we had no idea what we were even going to have. That turned out pretty well.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He is in a better system for his skill set. He was a classic Shanny type OL pick, a guy who takes a couple years to develop and does well in the Zone system but who would have trouble in a power run type system.

Look at Polumbus with the Skins as another example. He looked like trash when he played for us but has carved out a great career for himself.
Oh I agree. It's just doubly disappointing since we have what looks like a pretty big hole at C this year.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

It means that we're in the hunt. Enjoy the season. These are far and few between.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
Bmore Manning

If Kuper is healthy he would win the LG battle hands down, based on talent alone. Beadles has the smarts and movement skills to play center, plus he's proven to have solid durability, so that ends your turn table at Center, all presuming he could snap the ball. There's a very quality player in Manase Foketi who was a UDFA, he can be groomed to play LG as he played LT in college, but is an excellent run blocker in addition to a very quality pass blocker. He also has a mean streak to him! Koppen can be your back-up center this year, maybe Blake or someone else as the back-up long term. Painter your back-up swing tackle.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

I'm thinking that too. Beadles with Orton/Tebow was terrible. Beadles with Manning was literally a Pro Bowler.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I do think our defense is thoroughly underrated on every level though.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I do think our defense is thoroughly underrated on every level though.
lol wat

How? By whom? All I've been seeing is top CB duos here, #2 defense there, etc
Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I never understood that move. Low-balling him with a 6th round tender has always been a big head-scratcher to me.

His dad was cool, too.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote