The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Was Syria’s Revolution Climate-Driven?

Can't wait to see the collective head explosions from righties at this suggestion!

http://www.psmag.com/blogs/the-101/w...-driven-54196/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Speaking of climate change, might the cause have a supporter in the new Pope?

Quote:
The pope’s homily was striking for its repeated references to environmental protection, highlighting what is likely to be a central theme of his papacy and setting up the 76-year-old pope as a leading activist against climate change.

When mankind fails to care for creation and for the weak, “the way is opened to destruction and hearts are hardened. Tragically, in every period of history there are ‘Herods’ who plot death, wreak havoc, and mar the countenance of men and women.” Francis addressed himself to “all those who have positions of responsibility in economic, political and social life,” asking them to be “’protectors of creation, protectors of God’s plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and of the environment.”
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/03/...ironment-poor/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't see why not. Many think the genesis of the Arab Spring was the flooding of the Pakistan wheat crop and the subsequent shortages of bread in North Africa.

Of course, this would mean that Al Gore was right, which would be an impossibility.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't see why not. Many think the genesis of the Arab Spring was the flooding of the Pakistan wheat crop and the subsequent shortages of bread in North Africa.

Of course, this would mean that Al Gore was right, which would be an impossibility.
Which also falls in line with what the potential future strategic threats, Pentagon QDR teams have been reporting about for last 5 years or so.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

It broke my heart when Al Gore became a big investor in Apple - I feel like washing my lap top every day now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
nyuk nyuk

Wow the Center for Climate Security publishing something that conforms to its agenda. Consider me shaken to my core.

Now if they can just show how drought necessarily equals climate change, they may not get laughed at so much.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Now if they can just show how drought necessarily equals climate change, they may not get laughed at so much.
Strawman.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Strawman.
Oh look! Wog with another label sans explanation for why what I said is the thing he claims it is.

Please do not tell me you are so daft that you think drought = climate change. There ARE many, many natural droughts, you know that... Right?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh look! Wog with another label sans explanation for why what I said is the thing he claims it is.
Why do I need to explain the obvious?

Oh yeah - you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Please do not tell me you are so daft that you think drought = climate change. There ARE many, many natural droughts, you know that... Right?
No-one thinks "drought == climate change". Except deniers building strawmen.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Here's how the Right wants to work it: A hundred years from now we'll look back at the storms, the droughts, the floods, the species extinctions, etc etc etc and we'll clearly put together the patterns and say, "Wow, that really was climate change. The graphs don't lie."

Meanwhile, we should do nothing about it. Why? Because some of the one percenters might lose a little money.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #11
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Here's how the Right wants to work it: A hundred years from now we'll look back at the storms, the droughts, the floods, the species extinctions, etc etc etc and we'll clearly put together the patterns and say, "Wow, that really was climate change. The graphs don't lie."

Meanwhile, we should do nothing about it. Why? Because some of the one percenters might lose a little money.
No, it's because people have legitimate questions about the science behind it. It's not all a capitalist pig plot, comrade.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's no secret that sometimes areas have huge droughts. Its also no secret that droughts can spark unrest and political change. The only reason we would lol at your post is if you actually tried to say co2 caused it. The world has always had droughts and floods throughout its history.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

No it would only mean food shortages can spark unrest.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #14
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Why do I need to explain the obvious?

Oh yeah - you.
You need to explain labels and assertions, otherwise your arguments are half-assed at best. I've explained more than adequately doing a drive by with a label gun isn't an argument for ANYTHING.

Quote:
No-one thinks "drought == climate change". Except deniers building strawmen.
And apparently climate change interest groups who publish articles about droughts trying to tie them in to both climate change and a national insurrection.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's no secret that sometimes areas have huge droughts. Its also no secret that droughts can spark unrest and political change. The only reason we would lol at your post is if you actually tried to say co2 caused it. The world has always had droughts and floods throughout its history.
The US had a more prolonged and severe drought than that during the Dust Bowl. Nobody sucks thumbs and cries climate change. Those NOAA statistics say nothing about the current drought being "unusual" in that area, nor does it blame climate change.

The people that put it out are the Center for American Progress, whose name screeches LEFT WING HIPPIES LOCATED HERE. And indeed that's what it is.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, it's because people have legitimate questions about the science behind it.
Such as? Provide one, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
It's not all a capitalist pig plot, comrade.
Global warming isn't a Marxist plot, either.