The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #51
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If the Broncos want Brown, they gotta use their first or they do not have a shot. I'm guessing one of Minter, Brown and T'eo will be available at #28, however I wouldn't be surprised if teams move up to get them ahead of us. I still really like Kevin Reddick for this team. He has his flaws, but they can be corrected. I just wonder if he will ever take the next step mentally to become an elite player. Makes a ton of plays behind the LOS and can cover.

(1) Johnathan Cyprien, S
(2) Le'Veon Bell, RB
(3) Kevin Reddick, ILB
(4) Cobi Hamilton, WR
(5) Quanterus Smith, DE
(7) Dustin Hopkins, K

Just off the top of my head, a draft I would really like. I think that LB, RB, S should be addressed first because those are positions where rookies can play right away and make an impact. I would still like to add another DT, but I'm not sure we will after re-upping Vickerson and getting Knighton. You could swap out Smith @ DE and put in a guy like Geathers from Georgia at 5.

Golden Foot, obligatory Seminole pick.

Would hope if our first round board is gone (like it was last year) that we trade down with a team who wants a QB like EJ Manuel and get another pick. Denver didn't get any value at all trading down last year (and what they did, they used it to move back up and get Hillman) so whatever.

Denver needs to get better value if they trade down and KEEP IT. . . unless they get a baller.
I like Cypiren's attitude, aggressiveness, and skill, but I have a feeling he's a guy that's gonna have a lot of growing pains if asked to do too much. Might be good at big nickel though right away?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #52
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 10,879

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

1. Arthur Brown, ILB
2. Brandon Williams, DT
3. Philip Thomas, S
4. Montee Ball, RB
5. Brennan Williams, OT
7. Sean Renfree, QB

This class only yields 1 projected rookie starter in Brown. Thomas and Ball would both see the field in some situations but neither should be asked to take starter snaps as rookies. Williams will need time to develop because of the big jump from Division II to NFL. Renfree should be a solid number 3 option at QB, his college coach was the same who coached Peyton in college and his stature and arm is good and fits the mold.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #53
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

He is a versatile guy. He can play his deep zone, man-on-man defenders in the slot or cover the TE. He is also great in run support. Mike Adams contract is done after this year and David Bruton is a reserve guy. I'm not sure what the future holds for Quinton Carter. Why do you assume that he is going to be told to do a lot right away? Moore is the guy on the back end of our defense that has more roaming ability. The center-fielder, the "ballhawk" type guy -- or at least that is what we are hoping. Cyprien isn't that guy, never was in college. He is the logical guy you want to have at the position because his play will likely allow Moore to do more things. His assignments aren't going to be complex. He is the type of smart, mentally sound player you want across from a guy like Moore. He is so fundamentally sound, I don't worry about him blowing things on the back end. Every NFL rookie has to make the transition to NFL game speed. Cyprien isn't alone in that. I honestly think he is one of our best options available and if he doesn't start immediately, he would in his second year. If there is a question about Cyprien, it is game speed. However, he compensates that with mentally diagnosing plays better than any other safety in this draft. We would be very lucky to have him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #54
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I like Cypiren's attitude, aggressiveness, and skill, but I have a feeling he's a guy that's gonna have a lot of growing pains if asked to do too much. Might be good at big nickel though right away?
I like Cyprien okay, but Elam is the guy if we are going safety in round 1 (assuming Vaccaro is gone). Made plays all over the field against top competition, and can play in the box or cover in the slot. And don't let Req tell you any different
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I like Cyprien okay, but Elam is the guy if we are going safety in round 1 (assuming Vaccaro is gone). Made plays all over the field against top competition, and can play in the box or cover in the slot. And don't let Req tell you any different
Sure hope not, considering various scouts in attendance at Florida's pro day think that Evans has been the superior S for the Gators the past two years. Bob Sanders was way more athletic than Elam and never was able to hold up at SS because he was too small.

He was also better was a collegiate player than Elam ever was and he wasn't a first-round prospect. The guy was next-level on his mentality and dedication to the game. I don't think that can be said about Elam and that is easily demonstrated with his poor tackling form and over aggressive pursuit of plays. He also plays stupid and rather than breaking on the ball and making the proper lead, is slow to the play and gets flagged for trying to knock someone out. That isn't going to fly in the NFL.

If he is there in the second. Grab him. But he is far from a Top 32 talent in this class. You don't spend top picks on guys who are going to be relegated at their best in the box and have an awfully hard time grasping responsibilities in Man Under or two deep coverage -- which we roll out with a lot. That is why I have a much higher grade on Cyprien, because not only does he play man well, but doesn't neglect or misread assignments when playing his deep zone. Saw it happen against LSU, Tennessee and FSU with Elam.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I like this draft, but I hope we add another ILB somewhere in this draft to compete with Johnson, Irving and Bradley. Also, a more serious question,you really think we'd go after another WR after picking up Welker? I wouldn't mind Swope, but I kind of thought that eliminated a WR in the top 3-4 rounds. Nice draft overall though.
1. They may target Te'o in round 1, or Bostic in round 2, but I think they are comfortable in seeing what Irving has in camp. If he sucks, they can always bring back Brooking.
2. Matthew Willis now costs $1.32M per year, and brings nothing to the team. Swope can be that special teams presence (without the high price tag), and gives the Broncos an option if they choose to let Decker walk in 2014. Swope can also learn from Welker (who will only be here a couple years). I also think Tamme will be cut, so Swope will provide a nice alternative in case of injury to any of the top 3 WR's.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #57
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. They may target Te'o in round 1, or Bostic in round 2, but I think they are comfortable in seeing what Irving has in camp. If he sucks, they can always bring back Brooking.
2. Matthew Willis now costs $1.32M per year, and brings nothing to the team. Swope can be that special teams presence (without the high price tag), and gives the Broncos an option if they choose to let Decker walk in 2014. Swope can also learn from Welker (who will only be here a couple years). I also think Tamme will be cut, so Swope will provide a nice alternative in case of injury to any of the top 3 WR's.
I think you "want" Tamme to be cut. The Broncos aren't going to get rid of a guy who is familiar with Manning and our best receiving TE just "because."
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #58
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
1. Arthur Brown, ILB
Brown's Pro Day results if anybody is interested.


Arthur Brown, LB (6 1/2, 236 pounds) — 40-yard dash in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds. He recorded a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 4.31-second shuttle drill, a 7.07-second three-cone drill and performed 21 reps of 225 pounds.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #59
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Some people had him in the 4.55-4.62 range as well.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #60
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think you "want" Tamme to be cut. The Broncos aren't going to get rid of a guy who is familiar with Manning and our best receiving TE just "because."
I like Tamme. I read somewhere (DP?) after the Broncos signed Welker, that Tamme was going "to have to fight for a roster position". Makes sense, so I'm rolling with it. Plus the Broncos need the cap space.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #61
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I like Tamme. I read somewhere (DP?) after the Broncos signed Welker, that Tamme was going "to have to fight for a roster position". Makes sense, so I'm rolling with it. Plus the Broncos need the cap space.
Why would signing Welker to play the slot have any bearing on Tamme? He is the fourth receiver in four-wide sets and the starting TE in non-spread formations. Whoever wrote that is retarded.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Brown's Pro Day results if anybody is interested.


Arthur Brown, LB (6 1/2, 236 pounds) — 40-yard dash in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds. He recorded a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 4.31-second shuttle drill, a 7.07-second three-cone drill and performed 21 reps of 225 pounds.
If the Broncos take a ILB in the first round it should be Minter IMHO. I know Arthur Brown's stock is rising but I don't see him being significantly better than a guy like Bostic and in fact, his numbers are not as good, and had a good showing at the combine, so much so that he didn't have to rely on his pro day to prove anything.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 03-22-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #63
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

We're at a good spot where BPA can fall to us. I think a DB of good quality should be available.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #64
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If the Broncos take a ILB in the first round it should be Minter IMHO. I know Arthur Brown's stock is rising but I don't see him being significantly better than a guy like Bostic and in fact, his numbers are not as good, and had a good showing at the combine, so much so that he didn't have to rely on his pro day to prove anything.
But Bostic isn't as good of a player as Brown or versatile. His combine performance was great, but he does not play nearly that fast on the field. His closing speed at LB isn't nearly as good as Brown and he can't hold a candle to him in pass protection. Brown's production the past two years was MUCH better than Bostic and Brown is actually going to stay on the field in third down situations in the NFL. Bostic won't. At the very least Brown gives us insurance at WLB if he doesn't progress enough to man MIKE in the NFL. I think that John Fox and Jack Del Rio will be good mentors for them and have had a habit of taking undersized guys @ LB and putting them into positions to excel at both positions.

Bostic's best fit IMHO is as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme where he can pound the run, much similar to his Gator brethren Andra Davis before him who was successful in such a role with the Cleveland Browns. I think that Arthur Brown is comparable to a guy like Curtis Lofton, with better athleticism. If you are going to use a #1 or #2 on a LB, they have to play three downs. Bostic will not be that player in the NFL.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We're at a good spot where BPA can fall to us. I think a DB of good quality should be available.
I agree, BPA which will probably be a skill position player, hopefully on defense. This draft is loaded at defensive line and then I think it's pretty strong for defense all around. There's no real flashy defensive players other than a guy like Ogletree but I don't think he's worth anyone trading up for.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #66
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
But Bostic isn't as good of a player as Brown or versatile. His combine performance was great, but he does not play nearly that fast on the field. His closing speed at LB isn't nearly as good as Brown and he can't hold a candle to him in pass protection. Brown's production the past two years was MUCH better than Bostic and Brown is actually going to stay on the field in third down situations in the NFL. Bostic won't.

Bostic's best fit IMHO is as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme where he can pound the run, much similar to his Gator brethren Andra Davis before him who was successful in such a role with the Cleveland Browns. I think that Arthur Brown is comparable to a guy like Curtis Lofton, with better athleticism. If you are going to use a #1 or #2 on a LB, they have to play three downs. Bostic will not be that player in the NFL.

Just my opinion.
I agree, I'm just saying that I don't think there's a huge difference in their talent, that is, I'd be ok if the Broncos didn't take Brown in the first and waited to take a guy like Bostic later the draft. I guess that if the Broncos do take a LBer in the first (which I seriously doubt they do) I'd still prefer Minter. Ultimately, if the Broncos do take Brown in the first, ok, fine because obviously they see something in him and hopefully he is the BPA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #67
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If the Broncos take a ILB in the first round it should be Minter IMHO. I know Arthur Brown's stock is rising but I don't see him being significantly better than a guy like Bostic and in fact, his numbers are not as good, and had a good showing at the combine, so much so that he didn't have to rely on his pro day to prove anything.
Minter and Brown are poor value in the 1st. I'd rather take Sio Moore in the 2nd, who is bigger, stronger, and faster (than Minter and Brown), with more production at the college level, and brings leadership and big play ability to MLB.

I just don't think Denver is going to go that route. I think they stick with Irving as their 2-down MLB, and address other areas of need.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Sio Moore is an OLB. Lol, wtf. He is NEVER going to play MLB in the pros.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,019

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

I still like Khaseem Greene. I just think the guy is a weapon.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #70
OrangeWon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

1) Kawann Short DT Purdue
2) Tank Carradine DE FSU
3) Phillip Thomas S Fresno St.
4) Chris Faulk OT LSU
5) A.J.Klein ILB Iowa St.
7) Michael Ford RB LSU
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #71
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sio Moore is an OLB. Lol, wtf. He is NEVER going to play MLB in the pros.
He can play both ILB or OLB. I happen to think he would fit quite nicely as a 4-3 half-field MLB.

I'd say the likelihood of Sio Moore playing 4-3 MLB, is about the same as Arthur Brown's.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #72
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still like Khaseem Greene. I just think the guy is a weapon.
He is gonna be a good one.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #73
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He can play both ILB or OLB. I happen to think he would fit quite nicely as a 4-3 half-field MLB.

I'd say the likelihood of Sio Moore playing 4-3 MLB, is about the same as Arthur Brown's.
Except Yawin Smallwood has played ILB for UCONN the past two years and was an absolute baller there. Plus, Sio Moore has never started a game at ILB in his whole career. . .

So yeah, I doubt it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #74
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

If peeps are gonna talk about Sio Moore at ILB then I'd just assume the Broncos draft Kiko Alonso in the mid rounds and call it a day.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #75
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Except Yawin Smallwood has played ILB for UCONN the past two years and was an absolute baller there. Plus, Sio Moore has never started a game at ILB in his whole career. . .

So yeah, I doubt it.
I watched a bunch of video with Moore lined up as a half-field LB, and as a rush LB too. He demonstrated great instincts and speed from the inside position. Moore is a major playmaker, that's why UConn had him lined up as an outside rush threat much of the time. Not to mention he's a heckuva leader. Moore sheds blocks with ease, which is one of Brown's weaknesses.

Turns out I'm not the only one intested in Sio Moore as a prospect:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
UConn LB Sio Moore, a native of Liberia, said he met with #Broncos officials at the East-West Shrine Game.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-22-2013 at 02:13 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Denver Broncos