The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Sun's magnetic heartbeat revealed

Thought this was very cool.






http://www.livescience.com/28462-sun...adline+Feed%29



Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 10:35 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

So Zona, do use a 55" monitor, or are you just totally incapable of posting a picture unless it bleeds off the screen in some way?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,848
Default

Very cool Zona.

Makes me think of this Quote:
“Nature, which makes nothing durable, always repeats itself so that nothing which it makes may be lost.”
–Oscar Wilde
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So Zona, do use a 55" monitor, or are you just totally incapable of posting a picture unless it bleeds off the screen in some way?
32"


I'm usually good about that but the last 2 pics I've attached just happened to be larger then normal. This one isn't too bad but the little girl with vas on her face was enormous. I was hesitant to even post it but I could not resist since it fit Bob's whining perfectly. I'll fix this one though because I did find a smaller image.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,563

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

In the end everything is a vagina.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In the end everything is a vagina.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,635

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

What's yer favorite planet? Mines the sun.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
What's yer favorite planet? Mines the sun.
Was that a joke? Stars are not planets.

I would say my favorite planet is Earth. After that, I would say Jupiter, it keeps all those mean ole asteroids, most of then anyhow, at a safe distance.

But the other planets also have some amazing features. Venus spins the opposite direction of the other planets. Uranus poles are complete opposite of the other planets.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 04:42 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
What's yer favorite planet? Mines the sun.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Most people aren't observant enough to notice the intricacies that nature provides. They're just not observant and curious. They see a tree, and it's just a tree, you show them a USGS map with all it provides and all they see is the pretty colors.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Harry Carey here
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Was that a joke? Stars are not planets.

I would say my favorite planet is Earth. After that, I would say Jupiter, it keeps all those mean ole asteroids, most of then anyhow, at a safe distance.

But the other planets also have some amazing features. Venus spins the opposite direction of the other planets. Uranus poles are complete opposite of the other planets.
I have a question for Zona and Dr Bronc:

Zona, where do you get your Uranus Pole?

Dr. Bronc, have you had to extract Uranus poles from late night visitors to the ER?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

My favorite planet is Pluto!
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
What's yer favorite planet? Mines the sun.
I like them all equally
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,635

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Well planet or not when that thing burns out we're all screwed.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I have a question for Zona and Dr Bronc:

Zona, where do you get your Uranus Pole?

Dr. Bronc, have you had to extract Uranus poles from late night visitors to the ER?
I knew that was coming at some point.

I've got a question for you. Some suggest that matter absorbed by black holes is delivered to another universe via a white hole or another big bang. If that were the case, why would black holes grow in size, and become super massive black holes. I guess the question is, why do you think some of these theorists think that when it contradicts something we already know, that black holes do grow in size, which means it's containing the mass it absorbs.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I knew that was coming at some point.

I've got a question for you. Some suggest that matter absorbed by black holes is delivered to another universe via a white hole or another big bang. If that were the case, why would black holes grow in size, and become super massive black holes. I guess the question is, why do you think some of these theorists think that when it contradicts something we already know, that black holes do grow in size, which means it's containing the mass it absorbs.
Black Holes are probably the biggest mystery in the Universe. I mean...the stuff that gets sucked in has to go somewhere right?? Where does it go?
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,635

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Black Holes are probably the biggest mystery in the Universe. I mean...the stuff that gets sucked in has to go somewhere right?? Where does it go?
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Austin, TX 73301-0215
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Black Holes are probably the biggest mystery in the Universe. I mean...the stuff that gets sucked in has to go somewhere right?? Where does it go?
I don't think it goes anywhere. Any matter consumed by the black hole gets condensed and crushed to almost the same degree as the singularity. They know black holes grow. The super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy grows at 1 solar mass every 3,000 years. So their mass does get bigger.

But here's what will blow your mind. Why isn't all the condensed gas starting fusion? Afterall, that's how a star is made. Gas and dust collect and it continues to get more dense until the friction turns the gas so hot it turns to plasma, a star. So if a black hole consumes gas, dust, matter, how is it that fusion does not take place and it becomes a star? The universe is 98% hydrogen so you would think what a black hole consumes is 98% hydrogen. And you have gravity condensing and squeezing all that hydrogen and heating it up. So why doesn't it turn back into a star? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the singularity is so amazingly dense that fusion cannot take place somehow. Why? Big mystery there.

Another reason why I don't think matter sucked in by a black hole goes anywhere (as in some other universe) is that some of that matter, if enough is consumed by the black hole fast enough, shoots back out from the poles (called a quasar). If there was some wormhole or some tunnel to some other universe at the singularity, you would think the black hole would 1) not grow in size 2) not shoot super heated gas and energy from it's poles.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 08:54 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I like them all equally
All 5 of them?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default



NIBIRU
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I knew that was coming at some point.

I've got a question for you. Some suggest that matter absorbed by black holes is delivered to another universe via a white hole or another big bang. If that were the case, why would black holes grow in size, and become super massive black holes. I guess the question is, why do you think some of these theorists think that when it contradicts something we already know, that black holes do grow in size, which means it's containing the mass it absorbs.
The theory I have read about and seen on Science channel and Nova is that they shoot out the matter in jets which is one way of detecting them I don't think they are a way to pass matter through to another universe or plane as even the atoms get torn apart after they are sucked into them.

I think a black hole rips apart the fabric of time in some way but I don't see it as a wormhole to another part of space or dimension.

One theory I have come across says that as a black hole feeds and the event horizon gets larger everything that was pulled into could be seen on the face of the event horizon if you were able to look down on it. It is like a big photo of all the matter that was pulled in just before you couldn't see it anymore due to the distortion of it getting pulled apart at such speeds. In that case every atom would be like a computer bit and as the BH feeds it saves all the bits on it's event horizon hard drive. Kinda over my head but that is how I understand that theory.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The theory I have read about and seen on Science channel and Nova is that they shoot out the matter in jets which is one way of detecting them I don't think they are a way to pass matter through to another universe or plane as even the atoms get torn apart after they are sucked into them.

I think a black hole rips apart the fabric of time in some way but I don't see it as a wormhole to another part of space or dimension.

One theory I have come across says that as a black hole feeds and the event horizon gets larger everything that was pulled into could be seen on the face of the event horizon if you were able to look down on it. It is like a big photo of all the matter that was pulled in just before you couldn't see it anymore due to the distortion of it getting pulled apart at such speeds. In that case every atom would be like a computer bit and as the BH feeds it saves all the bits on it's event horizon hard drive. Kinda over my head but that is how I understand that theory.

Yes. The Supermassive BH's that spin, early in their life as a galaxy forms, do eject jets at their poles because so much matter is being sucked in, it's simply too much and what cannot be consumed get ejected (thus a quasar is born). Earlier I stated I wasn't sure why fusion was not going on in a black hole and why it could not become a star again. I found on some astrophysics forum that fusion does take place, but not down at the singularity, but only at the accretion disk. Once the matter and gas that is sucked into the accretion disk, it does undergo fusion, and thus becomes plasma. When plasma reaches the event horizon, it's lost forever inside the black hole. When there is too much plasma, it cannot reach the event horizon, and the BH's immense rotational force and the immense magnetic field the plasma produces, give it the energy to shoot thousands and even millions of light year away in the form of the jet. Furthermore, I guess what prevents fusion from taking place once you get past the accretion disk and towards the event horizon, is that the gravity is so strong that, as you stated, the atoms themselves get ripped apart. You must have a nucleus that contains protons for fusion to happen. So to me that means, if a black hole can have fusion going on at the accretion disk, but not past the event horizon, a BH's gravitation pull is immensely strong at the event horizon and deeper but only marginally strong at the accretion disk. So this is why I hear all the time that BH's do have a very strong gravitational pull, obviously because even light cannot escape, but it only goes so far. It's not a vacuum that sucks in everything in the region, as most people think. Alot of people actually think the supermassive black holes at the center of galaxies are what keeps the galaxy held together. Where that is not the case. Even in computer models it's not enough gravity, the galaxies just fly apart. This is why they think dark matter is so abundant, it would have to be, to keep these galaxies held together.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-10-2013 at 11:49 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post


NIBIRU
, so what's up with the Kuiper Belt? That one of it's old moons also? hahahaha.

My theory on the asteroid belt is that Jupiter developed first and it's gravitational pull was so strong that none of the matter at the location of the asteroid belt could form a large enough object to where it's mass could override Jupiter's tug. Otherwise, it would have formed a planet by now. That's how I see it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yes. The Supermassive BH's that spin, early in their life as a galaxy forms, do eject jets at their poles because so much matter is being sucked in, it's simply too much and what cannot be consumed get ejected (thus a quasar is born). Earlier I stated I wasn't sure why fusion was not going on in a black hole and why it could not become a star again. I found on some astrophysics forum that fusion does take place, but not down at the singularity, but only at the accretion disk. Once the matter and gas that is sucked into the accretion disk, it does undergo fusion, and thus becomes plasma. When plasma reaches the event horizon, it's lost forever inside the black hole. When there is too much plasma, it cannot reach the event horizon, and the BH's immense rotational force and the immense magnetic field the plasma produces, give it the energy to shoot thousands and even millions of light year away in the form of the jet. Furthermore, I guess what prevents fusion from taking place once you get past the accretion disk and towards the event horizon, is that the gravity is so strong that, as you stated, the atoms themselves get ripped apart. You must have a nucleus that contains protons for fusion to happen. So to me that means, if a black hole can have fusion going on at the accretion disk, but not past the event horizon, a BH's gravitation pull is immensely strong at the event horizon and deeper but only marginally strong at the accretion disk. So this is why I hear all the time that BH's do have a very strong gravitational pull, obviously because even light cannot escape, but it only goes so far. It's not a vacuum that sucks in everything in the region, as most people think. Alot of people actually think the supermassive black holes at the center of galaxies are what keeps the galaxy held together. Where that is not the case. Even in computer models it's not enough gravity, the galaxies just fly apart. This is why they think dark matter is so abundant, it would have to be, to keep these galaxies held together.
I saw a new Morgan Freeman show on Science that said that Dark Matter was like fractual branches of a tree and the matter was the leaves of the tree, when they took away a map of known matter all that was left was what looked like a tree in winter.

I think dark matter is going to be something that totally blows the doors off what we know physics to be but I am just a layman.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Denver Broncos