The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Sun's magnetic heartbeat revealed

Thought this was very cool.

http://www.livescience.com/28462-sun...adline+Feed%29

Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 10:35 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So Zona, do use a 55" monitor, or are you just totally incapable of posting a picture unless it bleeds off the screen in some way?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Bronco Yoda

Very cool Zona.

Makes me think of this Quote:
“Nature, which makes nothing durable, always repeats itself so that nothing which it makes may be lost.”
–Oscar Wilde
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So Zona, do use a 55" monitor, or are you just totally incapable of posting a picture unless it bleeds off the screen in some way?
32"

I'm usually good about that but the last 2 pics I've attached just happened to be larger then normal. This one isn't too bad but the little girl with vas on her face was enormous. I was hesitant to even post it but I could not resist since it fit Bob's whining perfectly. I'll fix this one though because I did find a smaller image.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

In the end everything is a vagina.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In the end everything is a vagina.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

What's yer favorite planet? Mines the sun.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Was that a joke? Stars are not planets.

I would say my favorite planet is Earth. After that, I would say Jupiter, it keeps all those mean ole asteroids, most of then anyhow, at a safe distance.

But the other planets also have some amazing features. Venus spins the opposite direction of the other planets. Uranus poles are complete opposite of the other planets.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Most people aren't observant enough to notice the intricacies that nature provides. They're just not observant and curious. They see a tree, and it's just a tree, you show them a USGS map with all it provides and all they see is the pretty colors.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Harry Carey here
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Was that a joke? Stars are not planets.

I would say my favorite planet is Earth. After that, I would say Jupiter, it keeps all those mean ole asteroids, most of then anyhow, at a safe distance.

But the other planets also have some amazing features. Venus spins the opposite direction of the other planets. Uranus poles are complete opposite of the other planets.
I have a question for Zona and Dr Bronc:

Zona, where do you get your Uranus Pole?

Dr. Bronc, have you had to extract Uranus poles from late night visitors to the ER?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

My favorite planet is Pluto!
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
I like them all equally
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Well planet or not when that thing burns out we're all screwed.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I have a question for Zona and Dr Bronc:

Zona, where do you get your Uranus Pole?

Dr. Bronc, have you had to extract Uranus poles from late night visitors to the ER?
I knew that was coming at some point.

I've got a question for you. Some suggest that matter absorbed by black holes is delivered to another universe via a white hole or another big bang. If that were the case, why would black holes grow in size, and become super massive black holes. I guess the question is, why do you think some of these theorists think that when it contradicts something we already know, that black holes do grow in size, which means it's containing the mass it absorbs.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

I've got a question for you. Some suggest that matter absorbed by black holes is delivered to another universe via a white hole or another big bang. If that were the case, why would black holes grow in size, and become super massive black holes. I guess the question is, why do you think some of these theorists think that when it contradicts something we already know, that black holes do grow in size, which means it's containing the mass it absorbs.
Black Holes are probably the biggest mystery in the Universe. I mean...the stuff that gets sucked in has to go somewhere right?? Where does it go?
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Black Holes are probably the biggest mystery in the Universe. I mean...the stuff that gets sucked in has to go somewhere right?? Where does it go?
Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Austin, TX 73301-0215
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't think it goes anywhere. Any matter consumed by the black hole gets condensed and crushed to almost the same degree as the singularity. They know black holes grow. The super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy grows at 1 solar mass every 3,000 years. So their mass does get bigger.

But here's what will blow your mind. Why isn't all the condensed gas starting fusion? Afterall, that's how a star is made. Gas and dust collect and it continues to get more dense until the friction turns the gas so hot it turns to plasma, a star. So if a black hole consumes gas, dust, matter, how is it that fusion does not take place and it becomes a star? The universe is 98% hydrogen so you would think what a black hole consumes is 98% hydrogen. And you have gravity condensing and squeezing all that hydrogen and heating it up. So why doesn't it turn back into a star? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the singularity is so amazingly dense that fusion cannot take place somehow. Why? Big mystery there.

Another reason why I don't think matter sucked in by a black hole goes anywhere (as in some other universe) is that some of that matter, if enough is consumed by the black hole fast enough, shoots back out from the poles (called a quasar). If there was some wormhole or some tunnel to some other universe at the singularity, you would think the black hole would 1) not grow in size 2) not shoot super heated gas and energy from it's poles.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-09-2013 at 08:54 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I like them all equally
All 5 of them?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

NIBIRU
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

The theory I have read about and seen on Science channel and Nova is that they shoot out the matter in jets which is one way of detecting them I don't think they are a way to pass matter through to another universe or plane as even the atoms get torn apart after they are sucked into them.

I think a black hole rips apart the fabric of time in some way but I don't see it as a wormhole to another part of space or dimension.

One theory I have come across says that as a black hole feeds and the event horizon gets larger everything that was pulled into could be seen on the face of the event horizon if you were able to look down on it. It is like a big photo of all the matter that was pulled in just before you couldn't see it anymore due to the distortion of it getting pulled apart at such speeds. In that case every atom would be like a computer bit and as the BH feeds it saves all the bits on it's event horizon hard drive. Kinda over my head but that is how I understand that theory.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The theory I have read about and seen on Science channel and Nova is that they shoot out the matter in jets which is one way of detecting them I don't think they are a way to pass matter through to another universe or plane as even the atoms get torn apart after they are sucked into them.

I think a black hole rips apart the fabric of time in some way but I don't see it as a wormhole to another part of space or dimension.

One theory I have come across says that as a black hole feeds and the event horizon gets larger everything that was pulled into could be seen on the face of the event horizon if you were able to look down on it. It is like a big photo of all the matter that was pulled in just before you couldn't see it anymore due to the distortion of it getting pulled apart at such speeds. In that case every atom would be like a computer bit and as the BH feeds it saves all the bits on it's event horizon hard drive. Kinda over my head but that is how I understand that theory.

Yes. The Supermassive BH's that spin, early in their life as a galaxy forms, do eject jets at their poles because so much matter is being sucked in, it's simply too much and what cannot be consumed get ejected (thus a quasar is born). Earlier I stated I wasn't sure why fusion was not going on in a black hole and why it could not become a star again. I found on some astrophysics forum that fusion does take place, but not down at the singularity, but only at the accretion disk. Once the matter and gas that is sucked into the accretion disk, it does undergo fusion, and thus becomes plasma. When plasma reaches the event horizon, it's lost forever inside the black hole. When there is too much plasma, it cannot reach the event horizon, and the BH's immense rotational force and the immense magnetic field the plasma produces, give it the energy to shoot thousands and even millions of light year away in the form of the jet. Furthermore, I guess what prevents fusion from taking place once you get past the accretion disk and towards the event horizon, is that the gravity is so strong that, as you stated, the atoms themselves get ripped apart. You must have a nucleus that contains protons for fusion to happen. So to me that means, if a black hole can have fusion going on at the accretion disk, but not past the event horizon, a BH's gravitation pull is immensely strong at the event horizon and deeper but only marginally strong at the accretion disk. So this is why I hear all the time that BH's do have a very strong gravitational pull, obviously because even light cannot escape, but it only goes so far. It's not a vacuum that sucks in everything in the region, as most people think. Alot of people actually think the supermassive black holes at the center of galaxies are what keeps the galaxy held together. Where that is not the case. Even in computer models it's not enough gravity, the galaxies just fly apart. This is why they think dark matter is so abundant, it would have to be, to keep these galaxies held together.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-10-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post

NIBIRU
, so what's up with the Kuiper Belt? That one of it's old moons also? hahahaha.

My theory on the asteroid belt is that Jupiter developed first and it's gravitational pull was so strong that none of the matter at the location of the asteroid belt could form a large enough object to where it's mass could override Jupiter's tug. Otherwise, it would have formed a planet by now. That's how I see it.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Yes. The Supermassive BH's that spin, early in their life as a galaxy forms, do eject jets at their poles because so much matter is being sucked in, it's simply too much and what cannot be consumed get ejected (thus a quasar is born). Earlier I stated I wasn't sure why fusion was not going on in a black hole and why it could not become a star again. I found on some astrophysics forum that fusion does take place, but not down at the singularity, but only at the accretion disk. Once the matter and gas that is sucked into the accretion disk, it does undergo fusion, and thus becomes plasma. When plasma reaches the event horizon, it's lost forever inside the black hole. When there is too much plasma, it cannot reach the event horizon, and the BH's immense rotational force and the immense magnetic field the plasma produces, give it the energy to shoot thousands and even millions of light year away in the form of the jet. Furthermore, I guess what prevents fusion from taking place once you get past the accretion disk and towards the event horizon, is that the gravity is so strong that, as you stated, the atoms themselves get ripped apart. You must have a nucleus that contains protons for fusion to happen. So to me that means, if a black hole can have fusion going on at the accretion disk, but not past the event horizon, a BH's gravitation pull is immensely strong at the event horizon and deeper but only marginally strong at the accretion disk. So this is why I hear all the time that BH's do have a very strong gravitational pull, obviously because even light cannot escape, but it only goes so far. It's not a vacuum that sucks in everything in the region, as most people think. Alot of people actually think the supermassive black holes at the center of galaxies are what keeps the galaxy held together. Where that is not the case. Even in computer models it's not enough gravity, the galaxies just fly apart. This is why they think dark matter is so abundant, it would have to be, to keep these galaxies held together.
I saw a new Morgan Freeman show on Science that said that Dark Matter was like fractual branches of a tree and the matter was the leaves of the tree, when they took away a map of known matter all that was left was what looked like a tree in winter.

I think dark matter is going to be something that totally blows the doors off what we know physics to be but I am just a layman.