The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #51
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It takes all kinds, I suppose. Lone Bolt has just adopted the Wolfowitz "so we made a mistake... whaddya gonna do?" approach to things.

And again, to Lone Bolt's question of what is the point...do you really believe it pointless to investigate (and make public knowledge) the mistakes (or purposeful misleadings) of a previous administration, if for no other reason than, oh I dunno, making sure we don't. ****ing. Do it. Again?
Sure. But we've aready gone over all of this. The OP is just repeating the same tired accusations all over again and presenting nothing new. Just sceaming "BUSH LIED" over and over again does nothing to add to our knowledge or prevent future problems.
The Lone Bolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #52
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
And you will never accept the fact that your accusation of "lies" is unproven. Bad intelligence? You bet. Incompetence? Absolutely. But deliberate deception is nothing but political spin.
At this level of harm from that level of government "Incompetence" should be a capital punishment worthy crime

It's not like he forgot to tighten the lug nuts on the family station wagon causing the car to wreck and kill grandma...

Last edited by baja; 03-22-2013 at 02:47 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #53
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
At this level of harm from that level of government "Incompetence" should be a capital punishment worthy crime

It's not like he forgot to tighten the lug nuts on the family station wagon causing the car to wreck and kill grandma...
I'm not against that. I just wonder how "incompetence" could be legally defined for such purposes.
The Lone Bolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #54
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,185

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

What about "if the President does it, its not illegal" don't you understand?
The amount of deception and dishonesty and, frankly, treason, perpetrated by Presidents is beyond belief. FDR confiscating gold. Eisenhower planning to nuke China. Nixon, well, everything. LBJ? dont bother. Kennedy? "Happy Birthday, Mr. Prezident?" On and on and on.
ONe reason they get away with this stuff is because they are insulated and protected by their party minions. The Rs and the Ds are no better than the Nazis. And now the presstitude is no longer a counterbalancing force.
We really have to have term limits for every elected official. Get rid of the professional tapeworms who have lost all touch with main street because they HAVE to perpetually campaign with Wall St. grrrrr

So re. the OP: Bush and Cheyney should be brought up on war crimes, but they won't. And Obama should have to defend his policies before the Supreme Court, but he won't.

And we can go back to wondering if Dumervil is not just a wobegon place.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #55
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
I'm not against that. I just wonder how "incompetence" could be legally defined for such purposes.

I bet you are that guy that when a women walks up to you and gives you a hug grinding her boobies into your chest while pushing her pelvis into your crotch you wonder if she is coming on to you.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I bet you are that guy that when a women walks up to you and gives you a hug grinding her boobies into your chest while pushing her pelvis into your crotch you wonder if she is coming on to you.
And I wonder if you have an answer to my question.
The Lone Bolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #57
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
I'm not against that. I just wonder how "incompetence" could be legally defined for such purposes.
Unlike baja, I agree with you, but when you get into legal definitions of war crimes and definitions of war crimes, I'm not really sure any of us are qualified to give a meaningful opinion, because there's a lot of legal jungle to wade through, and to my knowledge, none of us have a background in military justice and constitutional authority. We can say what we think all we want, but it all just ends up being an opinion on what we think the Supreme Court would say about x y and z. But there's not much precedent for it, is there?

But you're right. I believe incompetence should be defined just as negligence is for criminal acts. Especially when the evidence shows that it was not only being negligent, but being so co****re about your negligence as to completely ignore evidence which doesn't support the outcome you want. At the very least, if, say, ignoring the expert who said that the tubes where not the type to be used for a centrifuge, wasn't "deliberately deceiving the public" would you not at least agree that it's incompetence or gross negligence?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #58
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Let go ask Bush who is down on his 100,000 hectare ranch in Paraguay.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #59
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Unlike baja, I agree with you, but when you get into legal definitions of war crimes and definitions of war crimes, I'm not really sure any of us are qualified to give a meaningful opinion, because there's a lot of legal jungle to wade through, and to my knowledge, none of us have a background in military justice and constitutional authority. We can say what we think all we want, but it all just ends up being an opinion on what we think the Supreme Court would say about x y and z. But there's not much precedent for it, is there?

But you're right. I believe incompetence should be defined just as negligence is for criminal acts. Especially when the evidence shows that it was not only being negligent, but being so co****re about your negligence as to completely ignore evidence which doesn't support the outcome you want. At the very least, if, say, ignoring the expert who said that the tubes where not the type to be used for a centrifuge, wasn't "deliberately deceiving the public" would you not at least agree that it's incompetence or gross negligence?
I've said all along that IMO incompetence better fits the facts. And Bush is an idiot.
The Lone Bolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #60
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Sure. But we've aready gone over all of this. The OP is just repeating the same tired accusations all over again and presenting nothing new. Just sceaming "BUSH LIED" over and over again does nothing to add to our knowledge or prevent future problems.
Dolt in usual fine form.

We need accountability and there is none.

When you don't punish criminals with long term prison sentences, guess what?

They do it again...and again..and again....
mhgaffney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #61
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,193
Default

The best evidence that we have no true opposition party in the US -- is the fact that Speaker Pelosi and Obama refused to investigate and prosecute the Bush-Cheney administration for war crimes...

Meanwhile, Obama pushes ahead with drones, new wars and threats of new wars, continuing torture, punishing whistleblowers, on and on...

Obama is Bush on steroids -- but hey he looks so good on TV!!!

The only fair conclusion is that we have a uni-party with two wings -- both of which are controlled by the financial elite.

The republic is terminally dysfunctional.

Last edited by mhgaffney; 03-22-2013 at 04:12 PM..
mhgaffney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #62
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,955

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
I'm not against that. I just wonder how "incompetence" could be legally defined for such purposes.
I know it when I see it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #63
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,193
Default

British citizens offer award for arrest and prosecution of Tony Blair for war crimes

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle34373.htm
mhgaffney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #64
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The best evidence that we have no true opposition party in the US -- is the fact that Speaker Pelosi and Obama refused to investigate and prosecute the Bush-Cheney administration for war crimes...
Because it was bipartisan policy all along.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #65
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Because it was bipartisan policy all along.
A number of Senators and congressmen have said in private that they received dire briefings about Saddam targeting the US east coast -- and were thus persuaded to vote for war.

These were lies -- used by Bush/Cheney to instill fear and control Congress.

MHG
mhgaffney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #66
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Interesting that the Patriot Act was written long before 9/11
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #67
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,193
Default

From what I have heard -- the Patriot Act was supposed to be unveiled after the 1995 Okla City Bombing -- but the scale of the "terrorism" was not big enough.
mhgaffney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #68
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
A number of Senators and congressmen have said in private that they received dire briefings about Saddam targeting the US east coast -- and were thus persuaded to vote for war.

These were lies -- used by Bush/Cheney to instill fear and control Congress.

MHG
So when Clinton spent his whole presidency crying "WMD!!" and "Saddam must go!" it was a Bush/Cheney plot.

Gotcha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #69
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
From what I have heard -- the Patriot Act was supposed to be unveiled after the 1995 Okla City Bombing -- but the scale of the "terrorism" was not big enough.
From what you heard?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #70
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
So when Clinton spent his whole presidency crying "WMD!!" and "Saddam must go!" it was a Bush/Cheney plot.

Gotcha.
Do you think Clinton and Bush answered to a different power structure?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Denver Broncos