The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Pass - Urlacher has been finished for 2 years - he adds nothing. I'd rather see a n out of place Trevathan in the middle than Urlacher
Trevathan running around really fast but doesn't know where to go - Urlacher knows where to go but can't get there. Nobody really all that impressive in the draft. Maybe we should go ala Buddy Ryan 46 defense, hahahaha.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #27
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
We're moving forward with Nate Irving if Fox's words in Phoenix are any indication of why we've not gone after an MLB in FA. Basic point made is that Irving was just a victim of circumstance and it's his time to shine.
And how do you feel if those circumstances are that Irving couldn't beat out Mays for the 2012 season. Not sure what the status of Brooking is for the 2013 season but I would keep him around if you are not looking outside for help.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #28
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
A washed-up geriatric Urlacher would be far better than any of the jokers we've trotted out at MLB over the past 6 years.
I know, right?

I don't understand why people are so against this idea.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I know, right?

I don't understand why people are so against this idea.
Because he can't play at a high level anymore. The end result would be no different. At least by playing the younger guys you get to see if they've got it. By playing an old washed up vet, you get the same result (sucky play) but you don't find out about one of your younger players. Sometimes all it takes is getting the consistent reps during games. Woodyard seemed to do pretty well when he got those game reps. Maybe Irving can improve with more play but I don't think he'll be a great one. I don't know, there's just no good answer right now at MLB for us. The players we got, nobody is good enough right now and you hope somebody can step up and improve quite a bit. The draft is weak but sometimes you can find a sleeper. Then you have the old wahsed up dudes that used to be good but father time has caught up to them.

We shall see. I forecast many complaints on this forum this coming season regarding the MLB position.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #30
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i honestly think i'd rather have Brooking or Mays. Urlacher's legs are about to fall off, and truthfully he at this point in his career is not an upgrade to what we have.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #31
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think the 2 million the Bears offered is more than anyone else will (or should) give him.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #32
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
We should go get Lendale White because I played with him in the same conference in HS.
Anyone want to sign my penis.....i play with that every night
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Urlacher might not be enough better to pay the 3-4 million he wants. Also he is an injury risk and we would have to garauntee it. I say let MLB be patchwork and hope Woodyard and Miller can make up for it, and/or grab a backer in the draft and hope he can play some.

I still think what our linebackers need, especially woodyard, is a bigger DT who eats up a lot of blockers. Just someone really physical that puts a lot of pressure on the center and the guards. I think it would free up Woodyard some to have some help like that. Basically he played behind Doom and a rotation on DT no one is really afraid of. Ayers I think for the most part does help Miller by playing somewhat phsycial. Its just hes not all that athletic I guess? Maybe he blows up this yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Bronco Fan View Post
Anyone want to sign my penis.....i play with that every night
Were trying to get bigger in the backfield. We already have Hillman.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #35
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I don't know if I agree with the "Injury Risk" tag that keeps getting pinned on Urlacher. Only 3 times during his whole career has he not played all 16 games. Last year it was only 12 but the 2 before that he played all 16. 2009 was when he hurt his wrist during the first game of the season. All in all I am sure he is above the league average in games played vs injured.

If we get to TC and realize that we have not gotten any better at MLB and he is available then ya, pick him up. Otherwise I think we need to finally address that position with a long term solution.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #36
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

If it was on a two year deal with only the first year guaranteed at 3mill a year or so I would be supportive.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Chalk me up in the "meh" category.

Urlacher's game was built mostly on speed. Wasn't he a safety in college?

When a speed-guy loses his speed.......well, not a whole lot of reason to sign him.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #38
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

When a speed-guy loses his speed.......well, not a whole lot of reason to sign him.
Biggest reason I want him is to QB the defense. We have a serious leadership vacuum on D. Ever since Dawk left. Like I said before, I want a cagey vet at either MLB or FS. This would fill the bill.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #39
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

2 mil and he walked away?

What does this joker think he is worth?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #40
nyuk nyuk

I want nothing to do with that low IQ moral degenerate.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #41
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

He was the rare athlete whose game was build on both speed and strength. He returned punts at UNM while weighing 245 pounds and caught 7 touchdowns as a TE out of 9 catches, but he also put up 225 27 times. He played the safety/LB position in a 3-3-5 in college.

Problem with 2013 Urlacher is he's the type of athlete that's used to having the ability to explode laterally and make plays in space that very few men his size are capable of. If you watch tape on him lately,. his mind is telling him what to do, but his body isn't able to execute what he wants to do, or he's a step or two late. It sort of reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. at the end of his career.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #42
Bronco Yoda

It was stupid for him to have walked away from that offer. He could have retired with his team. IMO it was a fair offer considering his declining health/production. Just another good athlete who wont accept that he's about done.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I've watched some clips of him from last year and boy has he lost that speed. He looks like he's running in slow motions. I would bet that there are at least 20 DT's weighing over 300 lbs in the league that could light him up in a 40 right now.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #44
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I've watched some clips of him from last year and boy has he lost that speed. He looks like he's running in slow motions. I would bet that there are at least 20 DT's weighing over 300 lbs in the league that could light him up in a 40 right now.
He always was below average at taking pursuit angles. At least by NFL linebacker standards. The thing is he was 250 pounds and ran in the 4.5 range. It wasn't Mike Mammola timed speed with no game speed, but Urlacher was timed fast and game fast. Freakishly so. Now he's not freakishly fast, and he's still below average at taking pursuit angles. Compare Urlacher to Ray Lewis. Lewis was still able to play at a high level, because of how well he uses angles to make plays. Lewis is like Bernard Hopkins, still effective in certain situations and in spots. Urlacher is like Roy Jones, once the physical skillset declines, he can't compensate.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #45
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Check this out.

Urlacher ranked in the top ten for linebackers in run stopping.

He's super slow now, that's pretty obvious, but he is a smart player with some leadership qualities. Intelligence is more important than athleticism when it comes to the position.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I want nothing to do with that low IQ moral degenerate.
How does one become a moral degenerate exactly
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #47
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
How does one become a moral degenerate exactly
He is up there in the Travis Henry, DRC, catagory of kids with different mothers.

He was hanging with Paris Hilton in Vegas one year while his wife was trying to get a hold of him for some family event. He was recently seeing Jenny McCarthy and a couple other broads.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #48
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

According to ESPN.com, analyst John Clayton said that linebacker Brian Urlacher could end up in the AFC West with the Oakland Raiders or Denver Broncos, with the San Diego Chargers being a wild card option.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...r-afc-west.htm
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #49
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briane View Post
According to ESPN.com, analyst John Clayton said that linebacker Brian Urlacher could end up in the AFC West with the Oakland Raiders or Denver Broncos, with the San Diego Chargers being a wild card option.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...r-afc-west.htm
"young star Nate Irving"

Ha
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #50
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

If Nate Irving couldn't manage to start a single game last year (of all years), what makes anyone think he'll ever be able to play as a starter?

What do we have in Nate Irving? 12 Tackles in two years. That's what we have.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote