The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default 2013 NFL Rule changes

Rule changes passed in todays meetings.

Peel-back blocks: Low blocks now illegal even if they occur in tackle box.

Restrictions on overloading one side of the line of PATs/field goals.

Snapper now becomes a defenseless player.

Four other rules are still being discussed today including the crown of the helmet and RB's.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

the crown of the helmet one is pointless. At some point people just need to accept that football is a dangerous game played at very high speeds
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Bacchus

all flags must be securely fastened and if they fall off during the play the player must stop and put it back on before resuming to play.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Helmet rule passes

Faced with concerns from coaches but possible litigation worries arising from current and future players, owners voted on Wednesday to outlaw the use of the crown of the helmet by offensive or defensive players in the open field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-rule-passes/

This is going to be a nightmare. Refs, at full speed, arbitrarily deciding running backs acceptable head angles?

Good job owners.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Goodell in ruining the NFL. Now a running back can't lower his head ? Just give them flags. I'm about ready to switch to college only.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I don't have a problem with the helmet rule if they would have also passed a rule allowing personal fouls to be challenged/reviewed.

If the refs mess this up because of the speed of the game, coaches need to be able to challenge the play. It is the "fairest" use of the rule and conforms to the standard set in other parts of the game. Coaches still just have two challenges per contest, so it's not like it's adding anything new to the game durations.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Hope you like 4 hour football games as the new normal. What a cluster****
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I'm surprised this place isn't reacting more strongly to this. This is a pretty serious turn for the NFL, and not a good one, IMO.

They interviewed Marshall Faulk on NFLN this morning and he sounded irate. Called it a silly, stupid rule. (Exact words)

Thank god we found a way to get the refs more face-time, though.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
Drunken.Broncoholic

Marshawn lynch will have to learn the game all over again.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm surprised this place isn't reacting more strongly to this. This is a pretty serious turn for the NFL, and not a good one, IMO.

They interviewed Marshall Faulk on NFLN this morning and he sounded irate. Called it a silly, stupid rule. (Exact words)

Thank god we found a way to get the refs more face-time, though.
Oh, it's ridiculous and Goodell won't be happy until he kills the Golden Goose, but at this point what can be done? Until we as fans vote with our wallets, stop buying tickets and merch, and drop the ratings into the crapper he'll keep ruining pro football.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
SlyEli

The new running back rule is idiotic. Tall, upright runners in the nfl are the ones that end up getting hurt more frequently. There's a reason running backs are taught to run with forward lean. And forward lean means shoulders forward and head down. Stupid stupid stupid rule
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Oh, it's ridiculous and Goodell won't be happy until he kills the Golden Goose
Goodell isn't the one passing these rules.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i don't see the RB rule as being idiotic. use the shoulder not the helmet. in most cases when a RB makes contact in the open field the shoulder or arm delivers the blow to the defender.

i dislike the potential of the refs to **** it up though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Goodell isn't the one passing these rules.
31 owners also had their heads firmly in their poopers today as well.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I am freeking shocked! So many of you are real good when it comes to NFL takes, but are so totally off on this.

Does anyone care to step up, stop whining about Goodell for a moment and really dig deep and figure out why the NFL owners (Not just Goodell) are coming up with all of these "Safety" related rule Changes?

This is a preemptive strike against past, current and future NFL players who are going to be lining up to sue the NFL for hundreds of millions of dollars because the player choose to play a game for a living and now has long term health issues that they "Did not know/ever knew about" ***cough*** BS ***cough***

Get used to it or find a new sport to watch, but the players from the past are the ones to blame for all of this happening... It is now the NFL owners acting against this. Junior Seau's family has contacted a Lawyer and is looking into a lawsuit against the NFL.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Really? This is a CYA move for the "not for profit" NFL? Do I need to add the /sarcasm?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

rB cannot use their head as a "weapon"

Lynch will be out of the league soon
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I am freeking shocked! So many of you are real good when it comes to NFL takes, but are so totally off on this.

Does anyone care to step up, stop whining about Goodell for a moment and really dig deep and figure out why the NFL owners (Not just Goodell) are coming up with all of these "Safety" related rule Changes?

This is a preemptive strike against past, current and future NFL players who are going to be lining up to sue the NFL for hundreds of millions of dollars because the player choose to play a game for a living and now has long term health issues that they "Did not know/ever knew about" ***cough*** BS ***cough***

Get used to it or find a new sport to watch, but the players from the past are the ones to blame for all of this happening... It is now the NFL owners acting against this. Junior Seau's family has contacted a Lawyer and is looking into a lawsuit against the NFL.
But isn't a rule change kind of an admission of guilt by the league? If they were afraid of legalities, they would simply have the stance that this is rough game and people get banged up... or have players sign a release of liability to the current or potential effects of banging your noodle in your skull.. the rule is retard
Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic

Earl Campbell Walter Payton Jim brown emmitt smith. These guys wouldn't even be able to play in today's NFL. Earls hit on Isaiah Robinson never happens. Half the top 10 running plays last season are now penalties.

This effectively takes the RB position out of a game. Devalues it and makes the passing game even more important.

p***Y league.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #21
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

All players must wear pink panties now
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #22
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I believe the NFL's popularity is going to be on the decline. It might as well be flag football now. In the next five years, college football will be more popular and basketball.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I don't like the new rule too but it really depends on how the refs call it. They may let 99% of it go and only throw the flag on real obvious plays, but who knows? Fact is "spearing" is not allowed from peewee football all the way up through college so this crap that the NFL is now flaging should not be happening anyway, especially if the players are coached right. The only time a RB should have his head down is when he has accidentally lost his body control. Shoulder pads down, yes, but you have to see where you are running so even though the shoulder pads are down to protect yourself, your head is up so you can see where you are running.

This is all basic football 101. I learned this crap when I was in 4th grade.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote