The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #101
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
WRONG! It's in her body,& unfortunately for you your opinion don't count. Scotus on the other hand...
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #102
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I think abortion is morally wrong, but support the right to choose in case of rape, incest or if mother's life is in danger. Other than that, no.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #103
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
WRONG! It's in her body,& unfortunately for you your opinion don't count. Scotus on the other hand...
Really? Dred Scott says hello!

you keep acting like the Supreme Court makes the right decision every ****ing time......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I think abortion is morally wrong, but support the right to choose in case of rape, incest or if mother's life is in danger. Other than that, no.

I think most Americans are with you on this too.....what's sad is these arguments that the "pro choice" people give for abortion when proposed as the only way an abortion can be performed, will never say that makes the most sense and is the best compromise to a very sensitive issue.

If you proposed that the only way a woman could receive an abortion was if she had been raped by a stranger or relative, or in order to save the life of the mother, they still would reject it....because it's not about the health of the mother, and it damn sure isn't about the health of the child...it's about their sacred cow.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #105
errand
Ring of Famer

Old 05-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #106
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think most Americans are with you on this too.....what's sad is these arguments that the "pro choice" people give for abortion when proposed as the only way an abortion can be performed, will never say that makes the most sense and is the best compromise to a very sensitive issue.

If you proposed that the only way a woman could receive an abortion was if she had been raped by a stranger or relative, or in order to save the life of the mother, they still would reject it....because it's not about the health of the mother, and it damn sure isn't about the health of the child...it's about their sacred cow.
a woman has a right to choose regardless of what you may feel about. A women's right isn't based on what may or may not offend you.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #107
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Really? Dred Scott says hello!

you keep acting like the Supreme Court makes the right decision every ****ing time......
They made the right decision with roe v wade. Either way they have the final say.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #108
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You apparently didn't read my post on the subject, and I'm sure you don't actually have civil conversations with liberals. I would say about 80-90% of liberals (including my wife, who is about 12 shades more liberal than I am) would support a ban on abortions in most cases if we were actually doing much to solve the problems that drive people to get an abortion.

Instead of addressing poverty with some common sense solutions that will actually help people get on their feet and be able to support a child, we suffer through attacks from the right calling people lazy, immoral, freeloading....even if those adjectives were true, calling names does nothing to solve poverty, nor will it reduce the number of abortions.

Like I said, if you're truly interested in reducing the number of abortions, you had better be ready to address all the problems that contribute to people getting them in the first place. Otherwise it's just a bunch of hot air.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #109
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've never met a liberal that supported limitations on women's rights.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #110
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You must not get out much. We're all over.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #111
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
a woman has a right to choose regardless of what you may feel about. A women's right isn't based on what may or may not offend you.
I knew a married woman that screwed around on her husband and got pregnant and she had an abortion without telling her husband or the baby daddy. So she killed an innocent baby to save her marriage but it didn't work the marriage broke up a few years later anyway. But you're right, she had a right to kill that baby it's her choice not the baby daddy or the baby.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #112
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I knew a married woman that screwed around on her husband and got pregnant and she had an abortion without telling her husband or the baby daddy. So she killed an innocent baby to save her marriage but it didn't work the marriage broke up a few years later anyway. But you're right, she had a right to kill that baby it's her choice not the baby daddy or the baby.
She's not the daddy's or the husband property so she doesn't owe them ****. She had a legal procedure,which by law isn't murder. Don't like it,tough ****.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #113
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
You must not get out much. We're all over.
You guys being all over,may be true,but don't claim to be "liberal". I know liberals who personally don't agree with abortion,and yet every one them will tell you they still support the right for a women to choose to have one & not be limited to when they can have an abortion.
I can respect someone being against abortion,but I can't respect the notion that because you're against abortion every women should lose that right. Don't believe in abortion fine & dandy,don't have one.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #114
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

HA! Liberals would never go along with that. The notion liberals give wiggle room on baby killing is a joke. They are for it even if the woman is on her 5th onw. In fact liberal groups would not even support a ban on abortions if its your 10th one.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #115
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It is a choice. You can either support the killing of babies or not.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #116
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You guys being all over,may be true,but don't claim to be "liberal". I know liberals who personally don't agree with abortion,and yet every one them will tell you they still support the right for a women to choose to have one & not be limited to when they can have an abortion.
I can respect someone being against abortion,but I can't respect the notion that because you're against abortion every women should lose that right. Don't believe in abortion fine & dandy,don't have one.
No True Scotsman much?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #117
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
HA! Liberals would never go along with that. The notion liberals give wiggle room on baby killing is a joke. They are for it even if the woman is on her 5th onw. In fact liberal groups would not even support a ban on abortions if its your 10th one.
Another reading deprived person.

Oh, it's cut. I already knew that.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #118
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I just don't believe in abortion as a means of birth control or something that should be done outside of the situations I mentioned. I think most people can agree that a woman who is raped, a victim of incest or when her life is in danger should have the option to get rid of the fetus.

However, I don't see the point in Little Annette getting to have an abortion because she was 18, fooled around at a frat party and got pregnant. Just like I don't think the government should be in the business of giving people tax credit for having children. Make the responsible ****ing choice.

This country is overrun by people who shouldn't be parents. (Though I don't think abortion should be used to rid people of that burden.) I see it every day I go out in public. They not only are hurting themselves and children, but the rest of society too. I'm for social programs for people who need it, but when I see 20 year old women with three kids who don't work (and their boyfriends/husbands have piss jobs) and they get more in benefits than most hard working people take in a month. . . I have a problem with that. And it is happening a lot. I live in a town of ~ 13,000 and the preponderance of people who are crapfaces taking the government for all it's worth is unfathomable.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #119
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I just don't believe in abortion as a means of birth control or something that should be done outside of the situations I mentioned. I think most people can agree that a woman who is raped, a victim of incest or when her life is in danger should have the option to get rid of the fetus.

However, I don't see the point in Little Annette getting to have an abortion because she was 18, fooled around at a frat party and got pregnant. Just like I don't think the government should be in the business of giving people tax credit for having children. Make the responsible ****ing choice.

This country is overrun by people who shouldn't be parents. (Though I don't think abortion should be used to rid people of that burden.) I see it every day I go out in public. They not only are hurting themselves and children, but the rest of society too. I'm for social programs for people who need it, but when I see 20 year old women with three kids who don't work (and their boyfriends/husbands have piss jobs) and they get more in benefits than most hard working people take in a month. . . I have a problem with that. And it is happening a lot. I live in a town of ~ 13,000 and the preponderance of people who are crapfaces taking the government for all it's worth is unfathomable.
You do realize, though, that while you may think they're "rakin' in the cash", most times it's still not enough to get by, right?

Let's also not downplay the effect of poor sex education, poor education in general, and social mores. As I said in the other thread, unwanted pregnancy isn't just an inner-city problem. Go to Appalachia sometime. And much of that is good God-fearin' white folks.

People like to pretend that most people get abortions because they can. It's a far, far more complex situation than that.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #120
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
That is so true!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #121
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Not to mention abortion doctors are hacks. No seld respecting doctor would ever go into abortions to make money. What a sick business. Seriously is there any job more disgusting then abortionist? is that a word. It should be!

So how was your day? Oh it was great traffic was non existent and I made it to the office in like 10 minutes. Used my new fetalvacume5000 to suck out a few babies and then called it a day. See you on the golf course at 1pm!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #122
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Another reading deprived person.

Oh, it's cut. I already knew that.

How many liberals does it take to kill a baby?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #123
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How many liberals does it take to kill a baby?
How many conservatives does it take to open a science textbook?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #124
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
You do realize, though, that while you may think they're "rakin' in the cash", most times it's still not enough to get by, right?

Let's also not downplay the effect of poor sex education, poor education in general, and social mores. As I said in the other thread, unwanted pregnancy isn't just an inner-city problem. Go to Appalachia sometime. And much of that is good God-fearin' white folks.

People like to pretend that most people get abortions because they can. It's a far, far more complex situation than that.
I know unwanted pregnancy isn't an inner-city problem. I am from a small place and it is rampant here. And I know the situation is complex. I was just giving my simple thoughts in regards to what peacepipe said.

And for the people I speak of, they are doing more than getting buy. Hundreds of dollars for groceries for free, subsidized housing, cash assistance. All that adds up. Most of it by virtue of making terrible personal decisions and doing nothing to better themselves.

They have smart phones, solid cars, material ****. It's ridiculous. I'm not blowing it out of proportion either. I work at the state federal office and Social Security and Social Services is on the floor beneath me. I literally see people celebrating every day (after they walk out of the building of course) on how they are glad they work just enough hours to get a check, under employment benefits and everything else.

I also have two people close to me who did tax preparation this past year. For example: Why should a person who makes 20,000 a year and has 3 or 4 kids (that they can't afford) end up getting 5 times as much back in taxes from the government than they ever paid in? Sorry. That's ****ed up. And the tax system needs to be completely reformed.

It's crazy.

There are definitely people who need the help and sometimes it isn't enough, but I have friends who purposely work 28-30 hours at jobs so they can also get other benefits and still come out with more than had they been honest and worked 40. I have seen people abuse the system for years, and I've been involved with working at all three levels of government.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #125
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I know unwanted pregnancy isn't an inner-city problem. I am from a small place and it is rampant here. And I know the situation is complex. I was just giving my simple thoughts in regards to what peacepipe said.

And for the people I speak of, they are doing more than getting buy. Hundreds of dollars for groceries for free, subsidized housing, cash assistance. All that adds up. Most of it by virtue of making terrible personal decisions and doing nothing to better themselves.

They have smart phones, solid cars, material ****. It's ridiculous. I'm not blowing it out of proportion either. I work at the state federal office and Social Security and Social Services is on the floor beneath me. I literally see people celebrating every day (after they walk out of the building of course) on how they are glad they work just enough hours to get a check, under employment benefits and everything else.

I also have two people close to me who did tax preparation this past year. For example: Why should a person who makes 20,000 a year and has 3 or 4 kids (that they can't afford) end up getting 5 times as much back in taxes from the government than they ever paid in? Sorry. That's ****ed up. And the tax system needs to be completely reformed.

It's crazy.

There are definitely people who need the help and sometimes it isn't enough, but I have friends who purposely work 28-30 hours at jobs so they can also get other benefits and still come out with more than had they been honest and worked 40. I have seen people abuse the system for years, and I've been involved with working at all three levels of government.
Just playing devil's advocate here...

How is that any different than cutting someone's hours to <30 a week to make sure you don't fall under the requirements of ACA?